Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25552 25553 25554 25555 25556 25557 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:24 pm

[Kegan]
So, I have been looking into FFXIVs story since playing it, and I find it kinda interesting that they explain away the reboot of the whole game with the bad guy essentially winning. The reboot starts off 5 years in the future with no real explanation of how the world recovered from being glassed by a giant dragon that lived inside an artificial moon.

But it's interesting, I think even if it was an afterthought written by a new team that the bad guy won, basically because there weren't enough people playing the game.

I'm saying it's an interesting idea is all. I've been enjoying what I've experienced of a real reborn. Probably mostly because it fixes a lot of things I hated about FFXI, and it's got a very similar kind of setting, which was a lone redeeming quality for FFXI, in my eyes.

Some parts of the game could stand to be a little more engaging, but mmm NDA.

I hadn't been following the game, but that's really awesome. I didn't realize they were actually writing lore to explain the reboot.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:26 pm

xd
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 pm

If square stops making video games, maybe they can still keep their CG FMV department and make movies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h542YbZuwkQ

The first half of this video literally played when the servers shut down last year.

I didn't follow FFXIV that closely before the 2.0 beta, because I was still pretty disenfranchised to MMOs.

I don't feel comfortable going into detail about the gameplay in beta, because I agreed to an NDA, but I will say that I'm not as opposed to hunting down X number of trash mobs as I used to be, especially if the world opens up more later, and maybe it does.

A lot of these trash mobs hunts, even before beta were framed in ways to make them less samey, by switching stuff up atleast a little. like "Don't let it reach reinforcements!" instead of "Do DPS until it's dead. Rinse repeat."

Still, I'm not sure if I'll sign up for more than 3 months. That's my guess, based on how long things hold my own personal attention span, not a criticism of the amount of content of the game, which I probably wouldn't be able to give from a beta test... maybe.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:22 am

HO-LEE s**t NINTENDO DIRECT

OMFG
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:26 am

Welp. I'm gonna buy EarthBound even though I just beat it last summer. This is pretty huge. How many years has it been that people have been harrassing them for it? It's not gonna stop the bitching and moaning about Mother 3, but still. Maybe they'll even bring that over if EB sells well this time.

Also ******** Yoshi and Zelda omfg! Link to the Past TWO? WTF? I need to play the first one now. I never saw a SEQUEL to such an old game in the Zelda series coming, of all things. And Yoshi looks sooo kawaii I need it even though it looks like maybe a remake? I think it's a sequel. I dunno. D:

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:19 am

You never saw link to the past 2 coming? They pretty much announced that a year or 2 ago.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:38 am

link to the past was a classic, of course they'd make a sequal.

i never heard about it either though but i always figures one day they'd do a special remake or something.

Xilo The Odd

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 am

EB on VC!
I don't have a Wii U yet, though. Can I still buy and play it on a regular Wii, or will I need to upgrade?

LttP 2 is pretty exciting too. The Oracle games getting re-releases are nice but I still have my old GBC cartridges for both and they rank lower on my list of favorite Zeldas. I'll think about it.

I've heard Bravely Default mentioned a lot in JRPG circles, but I honestly know very little about the game. I have until next year to figure out whether or not to buy it, I guess.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:21 pm

[Kegan]
You never saw link to the past 2 coming? They pretty much announced that a year or 2 ago.

Remake, yes. Sequel, no. They remake or port like everything. They don't really make direct sequels to 20 year old games all that often, at least not Zelda games. Platformers, yea. ALttP already had its spot in the timeline and I'm pretty sure there wasn't any sense of incompleteness there.

I thought they were discussing whether to remake LttP or MM... or at least we were.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Zephyrkitty
EB on VC!
I don't have a Wii U yet, though. Can I still buy and play it on a regular Wii, or will I need to upgrade?

I'm like 99% sure you'll need to upgrade since the Wii U's Virtual Console is different. It's going to be so weird to play EarthBound on the TV/Game pad since I've only ever seen it on computers or phones.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:41 pm

How ******** weird would it be if they just made Majora's Mask 2? I want to play that but I don't know if I should wait till they remake it or whatever. If they'll do an OoT 3D thing of it then I definitely must wait.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:32 pm

EB has so much annoying music, but so much good music too. The Kraken theme sounds like annoying farts and the Starman theme is repetitive and irritating, especially when you encounter them and have to hear the first part over and over (not Otherworldly Foe, which is cool, but this one, ughh)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:37 pm

16-bit Jazzy
[Kegan]

Remake, yes. Sequel, no. They remake or port like everything. They don't really make direct sequels to 20 year old games all that often, at least not Zelda games. Platformers, yea. ALttP already had its spot in the timeline and I'm pretty sure there wasn't any sense of incompleteness there.

I thought they were discussing whether to remake LttP or MM... or at least we were.
Nope. There was an interview with miyamoto where he expressed interest in a LttP sequel, it was about a year ago. I'd be as surprised as you, otherwise.

I'm not super impressed with what I've seen of it so far. I am in possession of the incredibly unpopular opinion that LttP hasn't aged as well as some other games.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Sorry I don't pay attention to/hear about every little thing that Miyamoto says

It hasn't managed to keep my interest so far but the sequel looks fantastic.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25552 25553 25554 25555 25556 25557 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games