Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25553 25554 25555 25556 25557 25558 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Nintendo is taking big risks, here.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Do I sense irony?

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:59 pm

with these sequels to beloved Nintendo classics
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 pm

I do kinda wish they'd just make a brand-new, really good game like when Animal Crossing was new and a total sleeper hit.

They could localize Tomodachi Collection...

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 pm

What about all these eShop games? There are plenty of new IPs there, but people only get hard for sequels of sequels. It takes time to form a following. If one off games don't seem as significant as games that have a whole series behind them it isn't because they're not making new IPs like they used to, it's because you can't just manufacture a franchise.

Pushmo and Rolling Western already have sequels.

I mean, I won't bullshit you, nintendo likes to use their preexisting IPs a lot. It's one thing they have going strong in their favor, so who can blame them, but I just don't think it's that simple.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:26 am

Yeah, there's nothing particularly new about any of these games. A hieroglyph gimmick doesn't change what essentially looks like LttP in 3D, even if the graphics do look really nice. I'd like to see more on them before I start creaming myself. They could have at least showed a new boss. It was seriously just Link jumping off those dumb mole things a bunch of times, as if to say, "WHOA! 3D!" like we haven't had the 3DS for years already.

Mario and Luigi, though? Gonna be awesome.

Waynebrizzle

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:22 am

Yeah but Pushmo and Rolling Western are kinda meh.

I'm excited for Mario & Luigi. I haven't actually ever bought a game from that series but this time I will because it looks so neat.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Fact of the matter is that no matter what Nintendo does-new or old, it's pretty much always a fantastic game and even new entries in decade-old franchises tend to feel incredibly new (except NSMB).

Don't tell me you didn't love Yoshi's Island DS, Trenn. We fought over which baby was best.

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Fantastic or okay.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Yeah, I'm sure Zelda will be good.There's plenty of newer content on the 3DS' back catalog anyway. I'm just glad it wasn't that Majora's Mask remake. Talk about stuff we've seen before.

What I'd really like to see is new Wii U games.

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Meta_Fish
Fact of the matter is that no matter what Nintendo does-new or old, it's pretty much always a fantastic game and even new entries in decade-old franchises tend to feel incredibly new (except NSMB).

Don't tell me you didn't love Yoshi's Island DS, Trenn. We fought over which baby was best.

Of course, but I never said Nintendo isn't making great games. I'm just saying they're playing it too safe.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Yeah... I have nothing to play on my Wii U but Wii stuff, pretty much. And the only game I'm super looking forward to for it that has even had screens shown yet is Yoshi. Wind Waker is gonna be cool but I think I'm good just having it on my GameCube - I like the original lighting more, anyway. The 3DS, on the other hand, has SO many games I don't even have time for. I like that. I hope in two years it's the same for Wii U.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:39 pm

The new Yoshi's Island looks gorgeous. Like that one level in NSMB U, but also the rest of the game too. I'm so in
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:43 pm

sometimes i am really happy to live in the middle of ******** nowhere sometimes

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:51 am

The Eleventh AK
sometimes i am really happy to live in the middle of ******** nowhere sometimes

sometimes

I too like less-populated areas.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25553 25554 25555 25556 25557 25558 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games