Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25585 25586 25587 25588 25589 25590 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:51 pm

IIi, you should use steam to contact me when I'm not on facebook. I have all notifications turned off for email and phone.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:01 am

DiglidiDudeNG
16-bit Jazzy
skyward sword would be better if you had to fight the imprisoned another time

There are so many things wrong with Skyward Sword it's unsalvageable.
Here, this video explains it all :

Link

Yes, it's a long video, but believe me, that guy does some really impressive analysis that's worth your time.

Oh thank god, I agree with so much of this. I just didn't find Fi, as unlikable as she is compared to other guides, to be quite that much of a problem. I mean, she can get a tiny bit irritating but whatever. And I didn't really mind the cutscenes, or find all the puzzles to be too easy or anything but maybe I'm just dumb xd

He also liked the stamina meter which I find runs out WAY too quickly, especially against The Imprisoned (with arms) where you have to run so much to get around him once he's fallen that there's not always a guarantee you'll have enough stamina to make it, and that alone could lose the battle for you. The stamina meter just kinda blows, I'm constantly having to look at and think about it. Hell, I could run at top speed much longer than Link could. It's so irritating.

Other than that, though, this guy is pretty darn spot-on and really covers all the reasons why I still haven't finished this game. Thank you for introducing me to him. I'll have to watch his other reviews too.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

DiglidiDudeNG

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:56 am

16-bit Jazzy
DiglidiDudeNG
16-bit Jazzy

Link

Yes, it's a long video, but believe me, that guy does some really impressive analysis that's worth your time.

Oh thank god, I agree with so much of this. I just didn't find Fi, as unlikable as she is compared to other guides, to be quite that much of a problem. I mean, she can get a tiny bit irritating but whatever. And I didn't really mind the cutscenes, or find all the puzzles to be too easy or anything but maybe I'm just dumb xd

He also liked the stamina meter which I find runs out WAY too quickly, especially against The Imprisoned (with arms) where you have to run so much to get around him once he's fallen that there's not always a guarantee you'll have enough stamina to make it, and that alone could lose the battle for you. The stamina meter just kinda blows, I'm constantly having to look at and think about it. Hell, I could run at top speed much longer than Link could. It's so irritating.

Other than that, though, this guy is pretty darn spot-on and really covers all the reasons why I still haven't finished this game. Thank you for introducing me to him. I'll have to watch his other reviews too.

My pleasure. He's a very underrated reviewer, and I pretty much agree with everything he said.

Thought he might've overdone it with Bioshock Infinite... I mean, it's a great game, regardless of what he says.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:13 am

[Kegan]
IIi, you should use steam to contact me when I'm not on facebook. I have all notifications turned off for email and phone.

Okay!

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Why I didn't just tell you so on facebook I do-- Oh right, because It would probably go to you on your phone. and been all "Boop!" And since it was 3 am I guess I didn't want to wake you? But I must have forgot you live on the west coast.

I have been staying up too late these days.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Nah, I don't let fb send me push notifications and I put my phone on silent before bed. Plus, I sleep like a rock. :3
Yeah, I went to bed at around 5-6 am two nights in a row. Now I'm back to a 12-2 range.

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:55 pm

16-bit Jazzy
DiglidiDudeNG
16-bit Jazzy

Link

I'm surprised the game was like this, it's the only 3D Zelda game I haven't played and it sounds horrid to me. I can't stand replaying dungeons and it seems like that game did it so much! I don't think I'd be able to finish it either
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:01 pm

Friends With Bacon
16-bit Jazzy
DiglidiDudeNG
16-bit Jazzy

Link

I'm surprised the game was like this, it's the only 3D Zelda game I haven't played and it sounds horrid to me. I can't stand replaying dungeons and it seems like that game did it so much! I don't think I'd be able to finish it either

You don't have to replay dungeons but you have to fight the same bosses again (but with little changes) and you go back to the same old areas but do different things.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:14 pm

You don't really explore the same parts of the same areas. You return to one drop off point you went to earlier, and new gear or new story stuff opens up a new part of the area.

I don't really think skyward sword is "Horrid" or "unsalvageable." I actually think that it is a good game. It might not be the best Zelda game, though. That isn't saying much at all. I had no trouble playing it through, and "The Imprisoned" didn't really irk me as much as it seems to irk a lot of people. I think it could have been done better, but it was a really small part of the game; comprising a small fraction of an overall enjoyable experience.

I didn't even really rage at it, even.

I seemed to have had a much better experience with the motion controls than a lot of people did.

Must have been because of my magic gold wii-remote+.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:37 pm

16-bit Jazzy
Friends With Bacon

You don't have to replay dungeons but you have to fight the same bosses again (but with little changes) and you go back to the same old areas but do different things.
You don't replay dungeons, but there are three main areas that you go to and then revisit later. It's like a Metroid game in that sense because you go there once, finish a dungeon, then come back later with more weapons and strength to progress further.

It has probably the best storyline of any Zelda, more memorable and deep characters than any in recent memory, fantastic music, awesome visuals (the paint draw-distance filter still blows my mind sometimes) and just a ton of neat little things along the way.

I watched my roommate start it last night and forgot how much they really changed (for the better, imo) in SS. You can upgrade pretty much every weapon you get, there's a ton of different potions (which you can also upgrade), some new neat weapons, neat mechanics and probably my favorite Zelda boss outside of Stalord. It varies its gameplay so much and takes things that were such simple concepts in "da best Zelda evar" (OoT) like stealth missions (sneaking around a garden while guards move on a set path) to such great heights (sneaking around an alternate version of the land you're in where DEATH MACHINES chase you when you leave any bubble).

Again, it's not the best, but I don't think it's bad. It's hard to rank the Zelda games because (I think) they're all so good. I don't really finish one and go "that sucked."

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Skyward Sword is easily one of the best Zelda games. Skyward Sword was a streamlined experience focused on actually engaging you the whole time. The combat is my favorite part. You have to think about which way you swing your sword. Even skulltulas will ******** you up if you're not fighting consciously.

You do "backtrack," but it is kind of an understatement. I won't spoil anything. You revisit ONE dungeon maybe once, and I think you're gone within ten minutes.

The story is also my favorite. Zelda has NEVER seemed as human as she was in this game. Same with Link. And there WILL be things that actually surprise you or you thought were cool, unless you've already had it spoiled for you.

Jasmine, if you're having trouble with The Imprisoned, ask me for tips. I am probably the person to ask for help with that game in this guild. You don't even have to ******** with his toes, nor do you have to outrun him. He's actually one of my favorite bosses, and each rematch is pretty moderately different, although I agree that three times might be a little overkill.

That reviewer is full of it imo. He complained that it took the game thirty minutes to set up what is essentially the mythos for the ENTIRE FRANCHISE, as well as the opening of Skyward Sword itself. They could have easily gone for an hour. Then he made the same complaint about them taking thirty minutes to make Zelda a totally likeable character who you want to save (in addition to, you know, teaching you how to play the game). If he had better observations, I didn't hear them, because the ones he opened with were asinine and I stopped watching.

There's not a lot to do in terms of side quests. This game isn't Wind Waker or Majora's Mask. If you want to play those games, go play them. Zelda's creator has the balls to do new things despite its fans always resisting, and that's why I love him. Like I said, if you're expecting it to be like an older game, just go play that older game instead.

Fi's hardly a dealbreaker, and she's not really any more annoying than Midna or Navi (though people thought Navi was annoying too so idk). She definitely states the obvious a lot, but it's nothing you haven't heard from your teachers or college instructors a thousand times.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 pm

I need town name suggestions for New Leaf. I believe my towns have been Newville and Oldville (GCN) and Armino (Wii). I cannot remember my DS town's name.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:01 pm

I need a new one too, actually.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 pm

I named my town the first thing that popped into my head. Picori isn't that great of a town name, though. It doesn't match my Yoshi's Island town theme, either. Half of the villagers screw that up somehow, adding random notes, or otherwise improvising.

It has to be 8 letters or less, right?

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 pm

Fishburg
Titsburg
Luperton
Skyrim
Ogrimar
XiloGTFO
ummm...

Meta East?
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25585 25586 25587 25588 25589 25590 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games