Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:43 am
My head hurts so bad I might cry.
Ugh.
I hope coffee will help...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:41 am
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Princess Zelda21
I'm thinking of entering the avatar arena with this ice princess character I just made. Except I don't know what I should name her. *sigh* Kind of out of ideas. sad

I think it would be a great idea. How about Winter's Enchantment or Winter's Enchantress?

Hmm, Winter's Enchantment sounds good. Still need to come up with a description.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:09 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Sorry I'm, like, forever pinging you. >>;
But I thought of something I wanted to ask you!
You mentioned your Italian heritage, and I'm pretty sure you've mentioned speaking it and taking a class in it; do you read much in Italian?
I really really seriously desperately want to know how to read better in Italian so I can someday read Dante's works (including Inferno!) in their original language.
I read a great annotated English version, but it still said you really miss a lot by not reading it in Italian because there is SO much that doesn't translate over well.
(I'm a linguophile as well as an audiophile and bibliophile; I'm forever learning bits and pieces of other languages.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:52 pm
Queen Spazzy

I'm a thorough introvert.
All social interactions have a heavy cost, I was laid up in bed for some twenty-four hours after I did dinner and a movie with my beau for his birthday.
I have lots of crazy, lots of different kinds of crazy, it's great.

Was it the hanging out with your beau in a public place, or being in public that stressed you out?
Do you think you'd be okay around me?
I know I would you.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:55 pm
Princess Zelda21
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Princess Zelda21
I'm thinking of entering the avatar arena with this ice princess character I just made. Except I don't know what I should name her. *sigh* Kind of out of ideas. sad

I think it would be a great idea. How about Winter's Enchantment or Winter's Enchantress?

Hmm, Winter's Enchantment sounds good. Still need to come up with a description.

After losing her loved one in a wintery storm, this Enchantress plays her harp in hopes of her lover recognizing her song and finding her.

Or

She had always loved walking in the forest on wintery days. She had recently taken to carrying her harp with her to play for the little forest animals that helped guide her to and from the forest.

Maybe

As a child, she had gotten lost in the woods one winter with an unforgettable storm. She played her harp to call to the small forest animals to help guide her to shelter. To this day, she never returns to the woods without her harp.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:57 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

I'm a thorough introvert.
All social interactions have a heavy cost, I was laid up in bed for some twenty-four hours after I did dinner and a movie with my beau for his birthday.
I have lots of crazy, lots of different kinds of crazy, it's great.

Was it the hanging out with your beau in a public place, or being in public that stressed you out?
I know I would you.

Being in public.
Strangers freak me out, I can't leave the house by myself.
I'd probably be cool with you since I've gotten to know you and talk to you a lot over the web~
More than just you would be harder, though.
And I'd still spend at least the first five minutes being quiet, shy, and awkward.
One of few things I'm good at! BEING AWKWARD.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:01 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Sorry I'm, like, forever pinging you. >>;
But I thought of something I wanted to ask you!
You mentioned your Italian heritage, and I'm pretty sure you've mentioned speaking it and taking a class in it; do you read much in Italian?
I really really seriously desperately want to know how to read better in Italian so I can someday read Dante's works (including Inferno!) in their original language.
I read a great annotated English version, but it still said you really miss a lot by not reading it in Italian because there is SO much that doesn't translate over well.
(I'm a linguophile as well as an audiophile and bibliophile; I'm forever learning bits and pieces of other languages.)

I like you forever pinging me cat_4laugh
Um, I am learning to speak Italian and I am half Italian, but I can't read or speak very fluently.
I know an absoloutley fantastical perfect way you can learn Italian for FREE:
Click this link to be brought into the many worlds of Duo Lingo!
I use it for learning Italian quicker (class goes WAYYYY to slowly for me).
There's Italian, german, Spanish, French, and something else I'm forgetting.
And it's all for free and accurate!
It's awesome and you level up the more you learn!
Please please please please pretty pretty please check it out!
You won't regret it!
Oh I can only imagine all that's different between the two books.
What's fun is, once you really learn the language, you can do direct translations ie:
Il suo zia e' divertida:
It means, "her aunt is fun" but a direct translate, word for word, is, "The her aunt is fun".
Tell me how it goes!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:03 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

I know I would you.

Being in public.
I'd probably be cool with you since I've gotten to know you and talk to you a lot over the web~
And I'd still spend at least the first five minutes being quiet, shy, and awkward.

Oh, I'd totally get the first few minuets, even the first few days!
But I bet if we got to know each other well enough, we'd warm up quickly! emotion_kirakira
I just cant handle big groups emotion_sweatdrop
I used to be awkward, but I got over it. Now I just have awkward moments (which can last a while).

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:12 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I like you forever pinging me cat_4laugh
Um, I am learning to speak Italian and I am half Italian, but I can't read or speak very fluently.
I know an absoloutley fantastical perfect way you can learn Italian for FREE:
Click this link to be brought into the many worlds of Duo Lingo!
I use it for learning Italian quicker (class goes WAYYYY to slowly for me).
There's Italian, german, Spanish, French, and something else I'm forgetting.
And it's all for free and accurate!
It's awesome and you level up the more you learn!
Please please please please pretty pretty please check it out!
You won't regret it!
Oh I can only imagine all that's different between the two books.
What's fun is, once you really learn the language, you can do direct translations ie:
Il suo zia e' divertida:
It means, "her aunt is fun" but a direct translate, word for word, is, "The her aunt is fun".
Tell me how it goes!

I'm semi-fluent in Spanish (written and spoken and, by relation, I'm also pretty good with Portuguese; Google likes to give me Brazilian pages and ads because I visit and read sites that originate there >>; ), so direct translations are terribly amusing.
(Me gusta; literally, 'it pleases me')
And I will check it out, I love languages!
(And I'm fairly good with them, too, for whatever reason...)
I'm so glad you're not bothered by my endless pings. I was kinda worried. >>;
EDIT: I AM AMUSED. I will be playing with this all day. Or I would if the dogs weren't screwing me up...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:27 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

I know I would you.

Being in public.

Oh, I'd totally get the first few minuets, even the first few days!
But I bet if we got to know each other well enough, we'd warm up quickly! emotion_kirakira
I just cant handle big groups emotion_sweatdrop
I used to be awkward, but I got over it. Now I just have awkward moments (which can last a while).

I have very low tolerance limits, but I know what I can handle.
People get mad at me because I won't do certain things because I know I'll freak out (I was invited to a club once with some friends, said I wouldn't go because I didn't think I could handle it, one of them got mad at me and pretty much accused me of being a liar and faking everything. My beau gets mad at me a lot because I don't like leaving the house, too...).
I can't do strangers by myself. At all.
I can do about one or two at a time when I'm with someone I'm close with like my mom or beau or my bestie.
Three or four acquaintances I'm not close to while with a closer friend.
That's pretty much it.
And interactions exhaust me. Like reverse vampirism.
And I will spazz if I get stuck in a crowd so I avoid busy places.
And cars. Cars freak me out so entirely. I can't drive. People don't realize how social driving is. I'm also just terrified of cars in general; I panic behind the wheel of a parked car, even. >>;
Luckily my beau prefers doing everything together anyway.
If we, like, met in a library or museum or something like that, though, I'd probably do pretty well!
I'm better in places like that than elsewhere. Slightly less awkward. Probably because it's easier to converse in places like that and they're generally quiet and calm. (And empty-ish.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:56 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Princess Zelda21
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Princess Zelda21

After losing her loved one in a wintery storm, this Enchantress plays her harp in hopes of her lover recognizing her song and finding her.

Or

She had always loved walking in the forest on wintery days. She had recently taken to carrying her harp with her to play for the little forest animals that helped guide her to and from the forest.

Maybe

As a child, she had gotten lost in the woods one winter with an unforgettable storm. She played her harp to call to the small forest animals to help guide her to shelter. To this day, she never returns to the woods without her harp.

Hmm, I think the first one sounds good.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:36 pm
"La donna mangia lo zucchero."
Are you... Are you sure?
She's not... She's not putting it IN anything?
Just... Just eating sugar?
ARE YOU PEOPLE SURE?!!
[/adventures in learning Italian]
Also, why is sugar one of the first words it had me learn?
Is that... is that REALLY something I'd be using a lot? >>;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:30 pm
It's easier to learn when things aren't distracting me, like noisy dogs and my mother talking to/grumbling at the dogs.
AND OH MY GOSH THEY HAVE A RUSSIAN COURSE IN THE WORKS I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN WAIT THE EIGHT MONTHS TO THE EXPECTED RELEASE DATE I WANT TO LEARN NOWWWWWW.
(SPAZZYFACT! I've wanted to learn Russian since I was in middle school.)
They expect you to know really weird and awkward words and phrases as a beginner, though...
*was going to do placement in Spanish to refresh my knowledge and then learn new things*
WHAT LANGUAGE OBSESSION?
WHAT MANIA?
WHAT COFFEE?!!
*hides coffee cup and half empty carafe*
This was apparently what I needed to feel more like myself. >>;

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:13 pm
Well, I got my ice princess avi entered into the arena. Just need to wait until Monday for the voting and all to start. My last several attempts with other ones I made didn't get a very high rating for some reason. I'm assuming basically all the petty reasons the "commentators" complained about. Grrr, I hate it when people nitpick on the most dumbest things in the arenas! stare  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:40 pm
Princess Zelda21
Well, I got my ice princess avi entered into the arena. Just need to wait until Monday for the voting and all to start. My last several attempts with other ones I made didn't get a very high rating for some reason. I'm assuming basically all the petty reasons the "commentators" complained about. Grrr, I hate it when people nitpick on the most dumbest things in the arenas! stare

Send me a link to the entry when voting time comes around, I'll vote for you~
I like voting for friends. c:

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games