Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:51 pm
Queen Spazzy

I learned sign language in elementary school.
It was some kind of outreach with a student teacher? (I went to a tiny rural school for first through fifth in NC.)
It was only one year and we didn't get taught very much, but I still know most of what I was taught.
I've dreamed in Spanish before. I told my beau about it and he looked at me like I was batty. >>;
He also thinks it's kinda weird that I talk to him in Spanish.
BUT. He's learning Italian with me after I told him about DuoLingo! He got the app on his phone. I will be able to say random stuff to him in Italian and he will understand meeee! cat_xd
Written French is VERY similar to Spanish; both Romance languages, so they still use the same roots.
I told a girl in one of my classes in high school to shut up in Russian once. >>;
And I can say "F- You" in French sign language.
I also regularly bite my thumb at people. YAY SHAKESPEARE.
Oh, and NEVER point at things in France. My mum says they consider it extremely rude; enough so that they will throw you out of a business if they catch you doing so.

Dude that's so awesome!
I bet there's classes you can take.
Dude, that's too awesome. -hugs- -whispers- don't let anyone judge you. Anyone who does, punch them in the face.

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYA OH MY GOD IF WE EVER MEET LET'S TALK ONLY IN ITALIAN
Italian is a romance language too. My Great Aunt speaks both; she's Italian but learned French for my Great Uncle because he only spoke French wen they met.
DUDE IN RUSSIAN THAT MUST HAVE SOUNDED BAD a**.
...French sign language... I love you so much. This is WHY I love you. Like seriously, you are my spirit animal.
My sister and I know curse words in Japanese and insults as well.
OMG I DO THAT TOO! That's also an Italian thing.
Also, some more Italian sign language is kind of like brushing your hand under your chin very stiffly. That's like the equivalent of the middle finger.
I do that one a lot.
And remember in Monty Python and the Holy Grail? What those French people did with their arms? Kind of like chopping the one in half with that arm extended up? (hard to explain) there's that.
And then holding your hand out straight and biting the first or first two fingers. That means you're pissed beyond recognition.
Yikes. I've heard that before. Same in India (learned that recently) hand gestures are considered rude and instead use the head.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:52 pm
Blind Blindness
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I could always do the rolled R's. Then again, I've been speaking Spanish since I was 4 (I was the last class in my school system to receive language education all throughout elementary school and I loved it).
Wow that's a lot of people!
Okay, so I'm not the only one who does that.
AND OMG I DREAM IN ITALIAN!
You know the guy in the Rosetta Stone commercial, who says he dreams in French?
Yah, I do that in Italian, and I hardly know any Italian. I never dreamed in Spanish when I almost knew it fluently.
Spanish and French are close? What? I can't understand one word of French besides a greeting.
Spanish and Italian are so ridiculously close so it's made learning Italian easier.
Well, yes we're close to Canada, but Spanish is the more popular language in America.
Oh I love foreign slang and curses!
Whenever kids in my history class bug me, I say, "Fangool" (I butchered the spelling, but it's pronounced fun-gohul"). It means, "f- you" emotion_kirakira emotion_awesome
And in French, "freche de bach" (again, butchered spelling: "fre-che-de-bach") is, "Face of a pig".
I also know a lot of Italian "sign language" emotion_awesome

It was some kind of outreach with a student teacher? (I went to a tiny rural school for first through fifth in NC.)
It was only one year and we didn't get taught very much, but I still know most of what I was taught.
I've dreamed in Spanish before. I told my beau about it and he looked at me like I was batty. >>;
BUT. He's learning Italian with me after I told him about DuoLingo! He got the app on his phone. I will be able to say random stuff to him in Italian and he will understand meeee! cat_xd
Written French is VERY similar to Spanish; both Romance languages, so they still use the same roots.
I told a girl in one of my classes in high school to shut up in Russian once. >>;
Oh, and NEVER point at things in France. My mum says they consider it extremely rude; enough so that they will throw you out of a business if they catch you doing so.

That's interesting. I'll tell my mom and dad if we ever go to France. They like to point at crap xD

Yeah my Nutrition professor, she went on a trip to France, and she said that when she asked to go to the bathroom they didn't want to help her at all xD....and she said she got charged for going to the bathroom.
Also, I'm partly French...last name. lol

... charged for using the bathroom? What?  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:00 pm
Queen Spazzy

I won't disagree, I wear my nerdiness like a badge of honor!
I doubt you'll get banned; as long as you either return them or go in and explain why they haven't been returned (and pay your fees!) libraries are usually pretty good about understanding.
I think there is exactly one person banned from my library? (And every other library in the county and the next county up, actually...) He apparently had a terrible habit of taking TONS of materials out (expensive stuff, anime DVDs and manga novels) and essentially stealing them by never returning or renewing them.
But with my library, even if you have late books you can still come in and look at the materials without taking them out. They also let you continue to take books out even if you have fees so long as you haven't hit the fee cap. (we have a cap on overdues here, it's really nice, it caps out somewhere around ten or fifteen dollars, that's some month late with five or so books I think?)
His mum is the first person I met in the school system up here; she's guidance secretary, so she told us about the school and gave us all the papers to register and stuff, so that's how we all met.
My mum and his parents get on really well (when we first moved up my beau and his dad both worked at the local grocery store so we saw them all the time and since his mum worked guidance I got to see her several times a year too. ^^; ). For the most part our entire families get on really well, so we don't have to worry about pleasing the in-laws after we marry, yay!
I'm glad you weren't driving over the winter! I would have worried so much about youuuu. And in case you ever visit the south, NEVER drive when there's even a hint of winter weather there. They are all nuts when it comes to winter driving, they terrify me... I also hope you enjoy driving more than I did! I can't remember a time when I EVER actually wanted to drive. Most teenagers look forward to it but I always dreaded the time I would be forced into driver's ed. >>;

Yah. i guess I wont get the job I applied for there cat_sweatdrop
It's okay; I wanna work at Barnes and Nobles. Like really badly. Like, I might sleep there overnight.
WHAT OH MY GOD I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT
I don't think I'll get banned. I was just freaking out.
That's really good that everyone gets along. I've heard so many stories where stuff like that goes wrong.
Oh yah I know; my crossing live in Texas and with a half inch of snowfall, you'd think the apocalypse would have happened; EVERYTHING is closed; schools, businesses, everything.
I'm not overly ecstatic about it; I just want to one day take a car out to a road I've never been on and follow it to wherever it takes me.
(I'll bring a GPS with me to get me home though)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:42 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I could always do the rolled R's. Then again, I've been speaking Spanish since I was 4 (I was the last class in my school system to receive language education all throughout elementary school and I loved it).
Yah, I do that in Italian, and I hardly know any Italian. I never dreamed in Spanish when I almost knew it fluently.
Spanish and French are close? What? I can't understand one word of French besides a greeting.
Spanish and Italian are so ridiculously close so it's made learning Italian easier.
Well, yes we're close to Canada, but Spanish is the more popular language in America.
Whenever kids in my history class bug me, I say, "Fangool" (I butchered the spelling, but it's pronounced fun-gohul"). It means, "f- you" emotion_kirakira emotion_awesome
And in French, "freche de bach" (again, butchered spelling: "fre-che-de-bach") is, "Face of a pig".

That's interesting. I'll tell my mom and dad if we ever go to France. They like to point at crap xD

Yeah my Nutrition professor, she went on a trip to France, and she said that when she asked to go to the bathroom they didn't want to help her at all xD....and she said she got charged for going to the bathroom.

Yeah, I was really surprised. She said they charged people to use the public bathrooms. I don't remember the amount, though. I don't think it was more than $2.00? But that's a lot.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:37 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Dude that's so awesome!
I bet there's classes you can take.
Dude, that's too awesome. -hugs- -whispers- don't let anyone judge you. Anyone who does, punch them in the face.

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYA OH MY GOD IF WE EVER MEET LET'S TALK ONLY IN ITALIAN
Italian is a romance language too. My Great Aunt speaks both; she's Italian but learned French for my Great Uncle because he only spoke French wen they met.
DUDE IN RUSSIAN THAT MUST HAVE SOUNDED BAD a**.
...French sign language... I love you so much. This is WHY I love you. Like seriously, you are my spirit animal.
My sister and I know curse words in Japanese and insults as well.
OMG I DO THAT TOO! That's also an Italian thing.
Also, some more Italian sign language is kind of like brushing your hand under your chin very stiffly. That's like the equivalent of the middle finger.
I do that one a lot.
And remember in Monty Python and the Holy Grail? What those French people did with their arms? Kind of like chopping the one in half with that arm extended up? (hard to explain) there's that.
And then holding your hand out straight and biting the first or first two fingers. That means you're pissed beyond recognition.
Yikes. I've heard that before. Same in India (learned that recently) hand gestures are considered rude and instead use the head.

Sure there are classes. If you can afford them and can handle the social requirement. I can't do either, unfortunately...
Yep, I know, a lot of European languages are Romance languages. That and Germanic are the main ones. There's also the Celtic languages, but those aren't exactly widely spoken even in their countries of origin. (If you're interested in the "family tree" of Indo-European languages like I am, click this! I love relations of languages.)
I had an art history professor in uni who was fluent in some six languages? She was from Italy (and would agree with the statement that if her hands were tied behind her back she could not speak), learned German to speak with her husband from Germany, also knew French and Spanish because she visited those countries, and later learned English. The more impressive part was that she said she had a sister fluent in twelve languages because she did a lot of traveling around Europe. I loved that professor, she was awesome, and I managed to pull an A in that class because unlike every other history teacher I ever had she didn't require us to know exact dates, just chronology.
And yelling at people in Russian DOES sound pretty BA, not gonna lie. Especially to yell at people to shut up, it has a violent sound to it. (It's pronounced along the lines of 'che-hah'.) One of the more amusing things I've learned in Russian is that one of the pronunciations of red is literally "communist." And cat is still cat!
I know lots of bad words in Japanese. I have an old notebook laying around with the list I learned from. >>; I also know some weird Spanish insults. (According to my teacher, "Donde esta la biblioteca" is shouted as an insult in Spain, for whatever reason. And telling someone to suck eggs is pretty insulting.)
The English equivalent of the middle finger is to hold up your index and middle. (The whole "finger" insults come about because of bow warfare, from what I understand; the offending finger(s) would be cut off by the enemy so you could no longer draw the bowstring, so it was a kind of taunt/threat originally, I suppose.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:42 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness

You get charged for using the toilet in India, too.
Women are usually charged exorbitant prices to use a public toilet.
Well, at best.
Men also prowl around the public toilets and rape women, especially those that can't afford to pay.
In more humorous news, you're not allowed to put toilet paper down the toilet in Greece.
You have to throw it away in a trash can because their sewage systems are old and can't handle the paper waste.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:49 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Yah. i guess I wont get the job I applied for there cat_sweatdrop
It's okay; I wanna work at Barnes and Nobles. Like really badly. Like, I might sleep there overnight.
WHAT OH MY GOD I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT
I don't think I'll get banned. I was just freaking out.
That's really good that everyone gets along. I've heard so many stories where stuff like that goes wrong.
Oh yah I know; my crossing live in Texas and with a half inch of snowfall, you'd think the apocalypse would have happened; EVERYTHING is closed; schools, businesses, everything.
I'm not overly ecstatic about it; I just want to one day take a car out to a road I've never been on and follow it to wherever it takes me.
(I'll bring a GPS with me to get me home though)

That statement reminds me of my mum. She used to work at an arcade and sometimes we'd go in during the night and play games.
And yeah, it's a real godsend that our families get on well. Before my parents divorced (and my father's family essentially disowned me), the two sides of my family could not get along AT ALL. My father's side had a sincere and intense dislike for my mum's family. If we tried to get both sides together my father's side would shun and alienate my mum's side.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:56 pm
Queen Spazzy

That statement reminds me of my mum. She used to work at an arcade and sometimes we'd go in during the night and play games.
And yeah, it's a real godsend that our families get on well. Before my parents divorced (and my father's family essentially disowned me), the two sides of my family could not get along AT ALL. My father's side had a sincere and intense dislike for my mum's family. If we tried to get both sides together my father's side would shun and alienate my mum's side.

...why couldn't have lived by you? crying
And I never understood families doing that. You're FAMILY.
My family on my mothers side, something like her cousins or something I don't remember, they refuse to speak to each other because the one adopted a girl from china.
And then my father's sister, Loretta, was called out to somewhere like Cali (and she lives in Kentucky) for her younger sister's pregnancy and soon giving birth.
The younger sister never wanted anything to do with any of her sisters.
At the hospital while in labor, she wanted only one of her sisters or something like that in the room with her, so my aunt left and went home.
And when at the bridal shower, my aunt asked if she could hold the baby and the sister said no, but asked if my uncle wanted to hold the baby
(my uncle has ZERO common sense and had no idea what to do).

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:58 pm
Blind Blindness
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Yeah, I was really surprised. She said they charged people to use the public bathrooms. I don't remember the amount, though. I don't think it was more than $2.00? But that's a lot.

I wonder what would happen if they pissed on the floor or in a plant instead cat_rofl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:04 pm
Queen Spazzy

Sure there are classes. If you can afford them and can handle the social requirement. I can't do either, unfortunately...
Yep, I know, a lot of European languages are Romance languages. That and Germanic are the main ones. There's also the Celtic languages, but those aren't exactly widely spoken even in their countries of origin. (If you're interested in the "family tree" of Indo-European languages like I am, click this! I love relations of languages.)
I had an art history professor in uni who was fluent in some six languages? She was from Italy (and would agree with the statement that if her hands were tied behind her back she could not speak), learned German to speak with her husband from Germany, also knew French and Spanish because she visited those countries, and later learned English. The more impressive part was that she said she had a sister fluent in twelve languages because she did a lot of traveling around Europe. I loved that professor, she was awesome, and I managed to pull an A in that class because unlike every other history teacher I ever had she didn't require us to know exact dates, just chronology.
And yelling at people in Russian DOES sound pretty BA, not gonna lie. Especially to yell at people to shut up, it has a violent sound to it. (It's pronounced along the lines of 'che-hah'.) One of the more amusing things I've learned in Russian is that one of the pronunciations of red is literally "communist." And cat is still cat!
I know lots of bad words in Japanese. I have an old notebook laying around with the list I learned from. >>; I also know some weird Spanish insults. (According to my teacher, "Donde esta la biblioteca" is shouted as an insult in Spain, for whatever reason. And telling someone to suck eggs is pretty insulting.)
The English equivalent of the middle finger is to hold up your index and middle. (The whole "finger" insults come about because of bow warfare, from what I understand; the offending finger(s) would be cut off by the enemy so you could no longer draw the bowstring, so it was a kind of taunt/threat originally, I suppose.)

Right emotion_sweatdrop Sorry.
I want to learn Elvish.... stare
WOAH SIX? And yah, I'm an Italian; I use my hands.
Oh my gosh, someone who knows that much is bound to be really interesting.
And Omg you're lucky for not needing to know dates!!! That's what I failed at and still do.
OMG Communist?! That's rich!
And what? Why, "where is the library"? I wonder what would happen if you didn't yell it xD
And telling someone to suck eggs will always be awesome.
Oh yah, I remember reading that from somewhere! I found it super interesting.

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:05 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

You get charged for using the toilet in India, too.
Women are usually charged exorbitant prices to use a public toilet.
Well, at best.
Men also prowl around the public toilets and rape women, especially those that can't afford to pay.
In more humorous news, you're not allowed to put toilet paper down the toilet in Greece.
You have to throw it away in a trash can because their sewage systems are old and can't handle the paper waste.

Everything about this is wrong!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:22 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
...why couldn't have lived by you? crying
And I never understood families doing that. You're FAMILY.
My family on my mothers side, something like her cousins or something I don't remember, they refuse to speak to each other because the one adopted a girl from china.
And then my father's sister, Loretta, was called out to somewhere like Cali (and she lives in Kentucky) for her younger sister's pregnancy and soon giving birth.
The younger sister never wanted anything to do with any of her sisters.
At the hospital while in labor, she wanted only one of her sisters or something like that in the room with her, so my aunt left and went home.
And when at the bridal shower, my aunt asked if she could hold the baby and the sister said no, but asked if my uncle wanted to hold the baby
(my uncle has ZERO common sense and had no idea what to do).

Because I've moved some five times thus far in my life? Would make it a little hard to live by me, especially since one of those moves was over four hundred miles. >>;
Yeah, my family is... complicated.
I'm just, not gonna get into it, would take too long, I think the best way to explain it in less than a hundred words is that a lot of them are petty and narrow-minded.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:35 pm
Queen Spazzy

Because I've moved some five times thus far in my life? Would make it a little hard to live by me, especially since one of those moves was over four hundred miles. >>;
Yeah, my family is... complicated.
I'm just, not gonna get into it, would take too long, I think the best way to explain it in less than a hundred words is that a lot of them are petty and narrow-minded.

If it's painful, I don't want you to recall it.
I wasn't going to ask anyway; I know some matters can be sensitive.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:41 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Right emotion_sweatdrop Sorry.
I want to learn Elvish.... stare
WOAH SIX? And yah, I'm an Italian; I use my hands.
Oh my gosh, someone who knows that much is bound to be really interesting.
And Omg you're lucky for not needing to know dates!!! That's what I failed at and still do.
OMG Communist?! That's rich!
And what? Why, "where is the library"? I wonder what would happen if you didn't yell it xD
And telling someone to suck eggs will always be awesome.
Oh yah, I remember reading that from somewhere! I found it super interesting.

There's always books, though! And the internet, of course, I learn loooots on the internet.
I really want to learn to read braille, curiously enough. My family has a genetic trend toward bad vision, so I'm terrified I'll end up blind some day so I'd rather learn braille while I can still see. >>;
I like reading body language, all you guys of Italian lineage have the best body language. emotion_kirakira
I suck at dates too. Something about numbers that I can't convert into something mathematically important, my brain just pushes them out , I never retain them. I can hardly remember my own age and birthday, to be honest, so anything more than that is right out. Thus, I suck royally at most history classes, but my art history professor understood that knowing chronology of which styles and cultures and such came first, second, etc. was more important than number dates (hallelujah!). I also had a few good history teachers in high school that put more worth to essay questions about the importance and whys of events than to dates (which was great because otherwise I'd have failed for sure).
Yeah, my Spanish teacher said she was, like, trying to cross the road or something? And people were just angrily yelling that at her. I'm not sure she ever figured out why that was something to be yelled angrily. cat_xd
I have no clue where I learned that fact about finger gesture insults... maybe an English teacher I had in high school that had traveled to England... I know he's the one I learned about the English equivalent of the middle finger, so that seems plausible to have learned the other info from him.
I know so many random things it's insane. Sometimes I feel like Diedrich. (Did you know the average lifespan of a toilet is about 47 years? That's a lot of flushes!)
I do quite literally own a book some three or four inches thick just FILLED with random facts. Because what else do antisocial nerds do with their lives, right?

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:09 pm
Brandy es muy inteligente!

All this conversation about languages makes me excited lol

Oh yeah, I think the guy at the gas station about a month ago called me a "perra"...and we know what that word means. It was the only time someone has ever called me something mean in public, if he WAS in fact calling me that. I clearly heard perra. It...seemed weird he would say it at that moment. Something had happened....I don't want to talk about it xD  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games