Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25625 25626 25627 25628 25629 25630 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:34 am

It seems pretty good so far, but with some bad writing which is kind of expected of one of Suda's "serious" games because he doesn't understand English fully.

Also, Pokemon Rumble U is surprisingly deep. I haven't played much yet but you have teams of four Pokemon, they can all learn a number of moves and you pick two moves for them to have per stage. You can also scan the figures THROUGH the packaging and figure out which ones they are without opening them.

I'm returning one today to hopefully get something better. At four bucks a pop they're definitely cheap.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:06 pm

i thought about getting Rumble again. but only if the selection is vast, unlike the first one... "lets make it just the first gen and latest Gen. it'llbe fine" shortest. game. ever.

Xilo The Odd

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:02 am

Xilo The Odd
i thought about getting Rumble again. but only if the selection is vast, unlike the first one... "lets make it just the first gen and latest Gen. it'llbe fine" shortest. game. ever.

Ugh, right?! This one totally has all the 'mons, though.

The scanning through the package seems pretty cool, but I'd feel weird about returning them.
I really just want all the figures though. gotta catch 'em all, duh.
Good to hear that they made the gameplay deeper.

Oh, I guess they're doing a promotion where you get a free Kyurem if you buy the eshop code at gamestop. So much more tempted.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:30 am

My Gamestop said you could only get the code if you'd preordered the game, but they gave me one because no one preordered. Another employee wouldn't give my friend one because he didn't preorder though.

But the figures base power is around 200, the Kyruems is literally 2552.

I felt a little weird about returning them, but whatever. Too many of mine are steel type and I want Mew, Mewtwo and s**t.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:12 pm

i never did complete the Dex in the old one, i was so close too.

but what do you mean scan teh figures through the packages? is it like skylanders now or something?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:23 pm

Xilo The Odd
but what do you mean scan teh figures through the packages? is it like skylanders now or something?
Pokemon Rumble U is a download game for Wii U. You can play it without figurines, but if you buy figurines you can upgrade your Pokemon, give them abilities and attacks and level them up with points. They come in opaque gachapon-esque capsules and you buy them blind-box style.

You put them on your Wii U gamepad NFC sensor and that's how you scan the Pokemon. But if you put the ball on the scanner and turn it you can scan them without opening them. That way, if you get doubles, you can return it and get another.

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:30 pm

I really want Pokemon Rumble U and some figurines, but I must have self-restraint.. at least until I get my job back or something.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:13 pm

I somehow doubt you guys would give this game the time of day if you had anything else to do on your wiiUs.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:22 pm

I need to start stocking my etsy again so I can start getting stupidly upset about how little traffic my etsy gets.

again.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:13 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Mega m- I mean mighty man. I mean Mighty number 9

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:40 pm

It's Pokemon, it's only 15$ and you can buy toys for it. Of course we'd give it the time of day.

We love toys.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:23 pm

Meta_Fish
Xilo The Odd
Pokemon Rumble U is a download game for Wii U. You can play it without figurines, but if you buy figurines you can upgrade your Pokemon, give them abilities and attacks and level them up with points. They come in opaque gachapon-esque capsules and you buy them blind-box style.

You put them on your Wii U gamepad NFC sensor and that's how you scan the Pokemon. But if you put the ball on the scanner and turn it you can scan them without opening them. That way, if you get doubles, you can return it and get another.
ahhhhh i see. so its not as bad as skylanders but similar. yeah i might pass on it. i'll wait for a real pokemon game like X/Y. we'll see though.

on another note. Rockin' K.K. = Johnny b Goode by Chuck Barry. same song Marty played in Back to the Future. so i own the track now xP

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:39 am

[Kegan]
I somehow doubt you guys would give this game the time of day if you had anything else to do on your wiiUs.
You underestimate how much I love toys. We just bought Skylanders Giants because it was on sale, I was considering Disney Infinity until I realized how expensive it would be and I have a good number of toys sitting all over my room. Toys games themselves excite me a great deal, even when the gameplay isn't that great.

Which is what disappoints me about Rumble U. Pokemon Rumble for WiiWare, at least when I played the demo, was very neat. You had stages you got to explore. U just has you in a big battlefield area. Not to mention the Pokemon you collect are often times several times stronger than the figurines you have and it seems like the only real plus to having the figurines is that you can customize their attacks and give them abilities. Good pluses to be sure, but we're more or less grinding when there's a high-leveled Snorlax we could use to blow through many stages.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:42 am

[Kegan]
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Mega m- I mean mighty man. I mean Mighty number 9
In an hour it had made 100,000. In the first half an hour, you know, I thought it might not reach 900,000, but it's been half a day and it's halfway there. Now I'm just hoping it'll reach the stretch goal and come out on Wii U.

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:47 am

i aint got room 4 toys too much pottery and vegetable paraphernalia
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25625 25626 25627 25628 25629 25630 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games