Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25635 25636 25637 25638 25639 25640 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Also in order to get Glenn, who is one of the best characters in that game: you have to basically be a d**k.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:16 pm

[Kegan]
16-bit Jazzy
Of course they're not hard in general, they're like RPGs. I haven't really played that many, I don't know, but the pattern seems to be that it'll go smoothly up until the final bosses, and then there's a big difficulty spike. What's hard is sometimes beating the final boss as you are once you've arrived at it without having to grind for several levels or go back and do something like perfect the diving minigames or seek out rare, powerful attacks which may take forever to get a hold of. Maybe you just want to fight the boss that you made it to and don't feel like going back to do anything for it! I sure did, and I appreciate that I was able to. And it was pretty dang hard to beat Young Xehanort at level 32 with nothing in my arsenal that I had to really go out of my way for. I barely made it.

I may have given up on KH:CoM when I was 13 and much worse at games, but at least back then it seemed unreasonable about this kind of thing. My friend and I both gave up around the final bosses because it seemed to want us to grind forever first. I was worried other KH games would be like that, and have kinda been avoiding them since.
I'm going to guess it was marluxia that held you up, which means you didn't even beat the second half of the game. HUR DE HUR.

That game has a stupid learning curve and does a terrible job explaining it's math based combat system. To defeat marluxia you don't have to grind so much as you have to sit down and make a card deck specifically for him. Then never ******** up.

I felt like a super genius when I beat him.

And then Riku's storyline was a breeze because A) you never build your own deck. and B) I actually understood the mechanics by that point.

And fish, she didn't say they were not easy, I said they WERE easy, because I was framing my confusion, because what she did imply was that she'd played other KH games and quit.

Yeah it was Marluxia. I definitely would not have been able to put together a deck specifically for him at that time. Back then the only games I was able to beat were either Pokemon, Sonic or Yoshi. I miss Chain of Memories though, tbh. I knew that you could play as Riku eventually but not that it was for half of the game! Wow!

I did play KH2 for a bit like 3 years later, but I sold it. I was probably stuck but really can't remember where I was stuck so it must not have been that bad. I just didn't want to play Kingdom Hearts games anymore?

The demo for KH3D really drew me in again. Flowmotion makes it so much more enjoyable, and I am a sucker for adorable little creatures that you can raise.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Something about Chrono Cross just doesn't look very appealing. Maybe it's that after FFVII I do not want to play PS1 RPGs anymore.

I did enjoy some aspects of it (mainly the music) but just... just... ugh
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:27 pm

my only Turn based RPG's i'll enjoy for the PS1 will be FF8 and 9. 8 was my first, 9 just looks really amazing, and i havn't beaten 9's little extra challenges (secret time based weapons, hidden super bosses etc)

Xilo The Odd

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:29 pm

I tried really hard to get into it but I just couldn't do it.

I pushed on long enough to get Glenn though. I had to because Frog

The music was really good but yeah I dunno man PS1 RPGs... blegh
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Finished Killer is Dead.

Started off loving it then kinda figured out it wasn't that I needed to get used to the combat... the combat just wasn't tight enough

Really liked what they were going for though and the graphics wuz beautiful

Weirdly sexist (i dont even mean the dating missions some of the dialogue was just like ONLY MEN CAN DO THIS LOL) and I can't help but wonder if it's just a cultural difference? or a bad translation? i don't ******** know

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:26 am

Mom's boyfriend ******** practices accordion at 8 in the morning on a Thursday, when I'm trying to get a little sleep before school. If that's not enough, he also texts me about the dishwasher, just to make sure I woke up.

GREAT taste, Mom. Good ******** job.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:57 pm

So I finally killed the Dire Miralis on MH3U for the 3DS today, solo'd that sumbitch.
And now.... I'm Hunter rank 39, did I really grind that much? D:

To sum it up, finally not HR7 any more.

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Deathgod of Legend
So I finally killed the Dire Miralis on MH3U for the 3DS today, solo'd that sumbitch.

i came out Hr42 if its any comparison.

and i've slain atleast 1 of everything except abyssal lagia
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Xilo The Odd
Deathgod of Legend

i came out Hr42 if its any comparison.

and i've slain atleast 1 of everything except abyssal lagia

You and I need to ******** s**t up.
You do have it on WiiU, right? We can get at it sometime this weekend.

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:49 pm

Xilo, get online, I wanna kill stuff.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:55 pm

XILOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Or anyone else.

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:57 pm

So the reremastered LP of Devastation is out. This computer has really s**t speakers though, so I can't really tell how good it is. sweatdrop
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25635 25636 25637 25638 25639 25640 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games