Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:16 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I talk slow when I'm angry and it's all very meticulous.
Omg I'm sorry, but that's funny.
I know, I'm an evil person
Oh cool! I went from Soprano 8th grade, all freshman year too, soprano first half sophomore year alto second half, soprano this year, but I only took half year chorus emotion_yatta
I'm expanding my range on my own; I've lowered at least 4 notes.
I have no idea the notes (I look them up on youtube)
Ah okay.
Did you ever have required electives? Like this many classes of tech, so many of art...

It's okay, I don't mind, life is better if you can laugh at yourself.
You can't read music? o3o
It was a requirement to be able to read music when I took chorus; we had one day a week of 'music theory' where we learned to read music and notes and stuff.
I knew how to read music already (I don't just sing, I also play ^^; ) so that day was always hell for me.
We didn't REALLY have required electives, but I had a lot of reqs to graduate with honors. (Three years Spanish (The actual req was at least two credits in two different languages or three in one; we only had one offering, so it was three years or no honors.), full credit of computer, full credit of art, probably a couple other things I can't remember without digging out one of my old planners or course guides [yes, I still have those].) I was also kinda supposed to have taken four mini courses for the OGT (Ohio Graduation Test, our state required test to "be successful at high school" or whatever as opposed to EOCs and stuff like that) but the guidance counselor omitted that for me since I had insanely high grades when I transferred in. >>;
Oh! We were also required to take a course called "Life Planning" where we learned how take care of our own finances and write checks and stuff and had to job shadow someone in a field of interest for us.

The bold. Seriously, that type of practical knowledge would be real useful, yet schools don't teach those things nearly as much as they should, I think.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:24 pm
Queen Spazzy

It was a requirement to be able to read music when I took chorus; we had one day a week of 'music theory' where we learned to read music and notes and stuff.
I knew how to read music already (I don't just sing, I also play ^^; ) so that day was always hell for me.
We didn't REALLY have required electives, but I had a lot of reqs to graduate with honors. (Three years Spanish (The actual req was at least two credits in two different languages or three in one; we only had one offering, so it was three years or no honors.), full credit of computer, full credit of art, probably a couple other things I can't remember without digging out one of my old planners or course guides [yes, I still have those].) I was also kinda supposed to have taken four mini courses for the OGT (Ohio Graduation Test, our state required test to "be successful at high school" or whatever as opposed to EOCs and stuff like that) but the guidance counselor omitted that for me since I had insanely high grades when I transferred in. >>;
Oh! We were also required to take a course called "Life Planning" where we learned how take care of our own finances and write checks and stuff and had to job shadow someone in a field of interest for us.

I can read music to a degree. If I'm told the first note (do-re-me-so on) with a starting note on the piano, I can figure out how the song goes.
SO I can kind of read music. I know most of the music notes.
LOL I can imagine that!
I play piano by ear, and I might be getting violin lessons. I feel that if I could get my hands on any instrument, I can play it be ear.
I can guitar by ear.
Wow that's all insane. I can imagine you being super awesome and having super high grades.
OOOHHHH Yah I had something like that, but it was called "Personal Finance"
I'm really glad I took it; I know how to do taxes on my own, write a resume', how to plan a budget, I forget how to get a mortgage.
What did you think of the class?

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:30 pm
Blind Blindness
Queen Spazzy

The bold. Seriously, that type of practical knowledge would be real useful, yet schools don't teach those things nearly as much as they should, I think.

Perks of a small town!
We still have stuff like that.
And we had to do something called "Seniors in the job market" to graduate, too.
All about applying for jobs, writing resumes, and the last thing we had to do was go to a mock interview; the interviewer would send back ratings and comments about you and if you did bad you failed.
My middle school in NC did something like the life planning course, too, and taught a lot of the same stuff.
I was so set by the time I got up here, haha~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:50 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I can read music to a degree. If I'm told the first note (do-re-me-so on) with a starting note on the piano, I can figure out how the song goes.
LOL I can imagine that!
I play piano by ear, and I might be getting violin lessons. I feel that if I could get my hands on any instrument, I can play it be ear.
I can guitar by ear.
Wow that's all insane. I can imagine you being super awesome and having super high grades.
I'm really glad I took it; I know how to do taxes on my own, write a resume', how to plan a budget, I forget how to get a mortgage.

So you've never learned "FACE" (bottom to top, spaces of the treble clef), "Every Good Boy Does Fine" (pneumonic for the lines of the treble clef), "All Cows Eat Grass" (pneumonic for the spaces of the bass clef), or "Good Boys Do Fine Always" (pneumonic for lines of the bass clef)?
(I've taught it to you now, so now you have learned it. >>; )
I want to learn violin, especially fiddle style, but I can't afford it (lessons OR instrument), and I'm pretty sure most teachers would say I'm too old anyway.
I CAN play most instruments by ear. I play piano, bass guitar, a little regular guitar, and I got my hands on a bass clarinet once that I figured out how to play.
I also tune by ear. I have to do my acoustic with my keyboard, but I can tune a bass on my own. The magic of chime chords! (and knowing the sounds of the bass lines of songs I know by heart really well) I used to have a lap harp, but I left it when my parents divorced so it's no doubt long gone by now. I would REALLY love to play a hammer dulcimer, those things are awesome!
I, uh, was co-valedictorian, so, uh, yeah. >>;
I had already had an equivalent of the course in middle school. It was an alright class, but it bored the sodding daylights out of me.
Had the class with a friend, though, so that was cool.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:10 pm
*sigh* I get the feeling even after playing Switch 'em for so long, it still takes a long time just to get a million gold at the most. Too bad there's no higher payout of nearly 10,000 something at the higher levels. I'm still nowhere closer to my quest item, unfortunately. Sorry for complaining. -_-*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:47 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
LOL I can imagine that!
I can guitar by ear.

So you've never learned "FACE" (bottom to top, spaces of the treble clef), "Every Good Boy Does Fine" (pneumonic for the lines of the treble clef), "All Cows Eat Grass" (pneumonic for the spaces of the bass clef), or "Good Boys Do Fine Always" (pneumonic for lines of the bass clef)?
I want to learn violin, especially fiddle style, but I can't afford it (lessons OR instrument), and I'm pretty sure most teachers would say I'm too old anyway.
I CAN play most instruments by ear. I play piano, bass guitar, a little regular guitar, and I got my hands on a bass clarinet once that I figured out how to play.
I also tune by ear. I have to do my acoustic with my keyboard, but I can tune a bass on my own. The magic of chime chords! (and knowing the sounds of the bass lines of songs I know by heart really well) I used to have a lap harp, but I left it when my parents divorced so it's no doubt long gone by now. I would REALLY love to play a hammer dulcimer, those things are awesome!
I had already had an equivalent of the course in middle school. It was an alright class, but it bored the sodding daylights out of me.

OH MY GOD YES. I took band in middle school, beginner through concert, and it was basically the first music theory taught to us. It was useful to know, too, being that I was a percussionist. My duties ranged from playing the drums to playing the bells or xylophone, or what have you, and because our section operated on Treble Clef (generally), I memorized FACE and Every Good Boy Does Fine.

Ah, those days xD

Well, aren't you just artistically talented 3nodding  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:56 am
Blind Blindness
OH MY GOD YES. I took band in middle school, beginner through concert, and it was basically the first music theory taught to us. It was useful to know, too, being that I was a percussionist. My duties ranged from playing the drums to playing the bells or xylophone, or what have you, and because our section operated on Treble Clef (generally), I memorized FACE and Every Good Boy Does Fine.

Ah, those days xD

Well, aren't you just artistically talented 3nodding

I didn't know you were in band! cat_surprised
A surprisingly large portion of people I've ever considered friends were (self proclaimed!) band geeks.
One of my close friends in middle school (She had the same first name and we had INSANELY similar personalities; we were often referred to as Thing 1 and Thing 2.) played keys. I always wanted to play those, I thought I could be at least adequate at them, but being in band was stupid expensive in NC...
Thus I was a chorus girl!
I do my best! I'm pretty good with arts, but math will always be another passion of mine.
I especially love combining the two. >>;

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:03 am
Gahhh, one of the most awkward places to get hurt and have to put a bandaid over?
INSIDE OF THE ELBOW.
The bandaid isn't very flexible so it's bruising my elbow...
I'm trying not to bend it much to reduce the bruising and because the adhesive pulls painfully.
It's really awkward trying to do stuff with your arm held straight.
This is pretty much me trying to use my laptop.
User Image
Except I'm decidedly less happy and more grumpy.
(My bestie found that image after I grumbled to her about awkward straight-armed typing.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:21 pm
I need a life. I keep on looking at random music on youtube because I'm just so bored. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:25 pm
Queen Spazzy

No no, I've learned FACE. And I'm pretty sure the rule goes that the last little note in by the treble clef is what signature it's in.
I learned that somewhere, but we stopped having music class after something like 5th grade.
Then they brought it back? stare cat_neutral
And I only ever learned the treble clef never base :<
TOO OLD! BAHAHAHA they can go screw it cat_stare
My cousin used to play the violin, and if he lets me, I'm going to get it biggrin
I bet if I still had my mum's old flute (she donated it to the school) I would be able to play it by ear.
I can probably tune by ear (I also have tonal memory) but I prefer, say, a piano, to be tuned by a professional so it's perfect.
Ohhhh I'm so sorry!
OMG I THOUGHT I WAS LIKE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE TO WANT A DULCIMER!!!
Ever since the Fionna and Cake episode of Adventure Time with Cake's dulcimer, and the one time I heard one at the Renaissance Fair, I've wanted one soooo badly.
But they're SOOOO BLOODY EXPENSIVE!!!
WOAH Spazzy! You're a smarty pantz!!!

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:26 pm
Queen Spazzy
Gahhh, one of the most awkward places to get hurt and have to put a bandaid over?
INSIDE OF THE ELBOW.
The bandaid isn't very flexible so it's bruising my elbow...
I'm trying not to bend it much to reduce the bruising and because the adhesive pulls painfully.
It's really awkward trying to do stuff with your arm held straight.
This is pretty much me trying to use my laptop.
User Image
Except I'm decidedly less happy and more grumpy.
(My bestie found that image after I grumbled to her about awkward straight-armed typing.)

I'M DYING FROM THAT PIC OH MY GOD
How'd you hurt yourself? emotion_donotwant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:29 pm
Princess Zelda21
*sigh* I get the feeling even after playing Switch 'em for so long, it still takes a long time just to get a million gold at the most. Too bad there's no higher payout of nearly 10,000 something at the higher levels. I'm still nowhere closer to my quest item, unfortunately. Sorry for complaining. -_-*

I can't blame you for complaining. It sucks terribly.
-sigh-
The games are pointless now...

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:20 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
No no, I've learned FACE. And I'm pretty sure the rule goes that the last little note in by the treble clef is what signature it's in.
I learned that somewhere, but we stopped having music class after something like 5th grade.
Then they brought it back? stare cat_neutral
And I only ever learned the treble clef never base :<
TOO OLD! BAHAHAHA they can go screw it cat_stare
My cousin used to play the violin, and if he lets me, I'm going to get it biggrin
I bet if I still had my mum's old flute (she donated it to the school) I would be able to play it by ear.
I can probably tune by ear (I also have tonal memory) but I prefer, say, a piano, to be tuned by a professional so it's perfect.
Ohhhh I'm so sorry!
OMG I THOUGHT I WAS LIKE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE TO WANT A DULCIMER!!!
Ever since the Fionna and Cake episode of Adventure Time with Cake's dulcimer, and the one time I heard one at the Renaissance Fair, I've wanted one soooo badly.
But they're SOOOO BLOODY EXPENSIVE!!!
WOAH Spazzy! You're a smarty pantz!!!

You never learned the bass clef?
I have to know it, it's generally what the left hand plays on the piano.
And bass clarinet and bass guitar play in, of course, the bass clef. ^^;
I also know times (and that 3/4 is one of the best for dancing!) and how to work a metronome.
I'd never tune a piano myself, it takes lots of training to be able to tune one adequately, let alone well.
It's INSANELY expensive to upkeep a real piano, too, so I'll stick with my keyboard.
It's a pretty snazzy little number, has a damper pedal and the keys recognize several levels of pressure so they can play from pianissimo to fortissimo; I DIDN'T leave that when I moved, haha.
I have a cousin that plays violin, her sister and brothers play instruments, too. One of her brothers played standing bass, I got to go to a concert he played in. Their father's a lawyer, though, so he could afford to shell out the money to train four kids in classical instruments. They're on my father's side, so I don't know if they all still play, I haven't talked to them in years.
My beau wants to play violin, too. We're weird like that. We especially want to learn fiddle style. (Ever heard of Lindsey Stirling? She can play a mean fiddle!)
Nope, if it's an instrument, I'd love to learn to play it, haha~
When I lived in NC we used to go to Chimney Rock all the time (they filmed a lot of the 1992 version of The Last of the Mohicans there) and there would be people playing all sorts of different things all over the park, but hammer dulcimer was my favorite to watch, haha~
I don't watch Adventure Time. Never will. So, uhm, yeah, no clue about your reference!
And that's about my only claim to fame, being good at learning.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:22 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I'M DYING FROM THAT PIC OH MY GOD
How'd you hurt yourself? emotion_donotwant

Mystery wound!
I woke up with it.
Probably scratched myself in my sleep.
I'm prone to doing that. ^^;
Better than my mum, she has dog bite wounds on her knees from breaking up a fight earlier. >>;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:15 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Princess Zelda21

I can't blame you for complaining. It sucks terribly.
-sigh-
The games are pointless now...

Well, not entirely pointless. At least they give you some decent amounts of gold here and there. I'm just glad they kept Switch 'em instead of repeatedly removing it after the last few holiday events last year up until now.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games