Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25665 25666 25667 25668 25669 25670 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:40 am

Yeah, 2007 sounds about right. pokemon was one of my first games.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 am

Cooking mama was all I played for a while, and it was a GRAND OLD TIME.

Not even joking. That game is actually really good. It's a shame none of the sequels are.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 am

My parents drove me to the US to get me a DS Lite, probably for cheaper. Back when my mom was with a cool guy and not a douchebag. Back when Toronto did not have Hot Topic or Target yet. Back when we had 2 pets and no little kids, instead of 3 kids and no pets.

We went to a pub and I got a buffalo burger, which is better than a normal burger. I started Wild World there.

It was a good day. crying
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:46 am

Hm, Cooking Mama was another one I just tried briefly on my R4. Yeah, wouldn't mind owning that.

The DS has the best library of any console, with the 3DS catching up to it.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:01 am

Soon, the 3DS will also have a new Kirby game...

Maybe even a Persona game eventually (please, you announced it crying )

Each time a new 3DS game in an older series is made, it one-ups previous titles in the series that were on the DS.

For it to become completely, 100% superior, it will need multiple titles from each series (like how there were many "big" Pokemon games, 4 Kirby games, a ton of Ace Attorney games, etc.)

And some more cool new IPs! There were some truly special experiences on DS that you couldn't find anywhere else...

But the 3DS is going to have a Smash Bros. game. The DS never had that. Nor a Paper Mario game (though I hear it's bad or something?)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:12 am

I do hope they remake Ruby and Sapphire... I mean, I wouldn't mind it redface

I really got into gen 3 ok crying It was a disappointment in some ways after gen 2 but it had good Pokemon and memorable towns and great music and secret bases lbbhelh I liked it so much

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:16 am

YOU KNOW WHAT NO. They don't need to remake it. Its graphics aged well, and I liked how the instruments sounded and they'd just make it all unnecessarily fancy. It's fine the way it is. Aside from that I have to play it on my stupid GBASP.

They need to start selling GBA games on Virtual Console.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:30 am

old pokemon games feel really terribly slow and sull now. I wouldn't mind seeing the setting of RSE reimagined with the pacing of X and Y... well, actually, I'd like it if it was a bit more challenging than X and Y...

And I really wouldn't want a straight port, or I'd get bored of it and never finish it. IT could be the same game till like 3 gyms in and then some completely new areas could start opening up, like PSYCHE! THIS ISN'T JUST A REMAKE AT ALL!

I just don't know what kind of "good" features they would or could add...

Also, they'd have to give it a night and day system, which would mean changing the distribution of pokemon. Not that I'd really mind. I liked how easy it was to find a diverse list of pokemon right off the bat in X and Y. I actually found myself enjoying taking my time on routes just to see and catch new stuff

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:45 am

Yeah, dunno why they took out the night/day cycle for the GBA games. Maybe because the cartridge batteries sucked and ruined everything once they got too old. And it would be cool if they added even more areas, if there were enough space to do so.

I'd like them to make another game that has two regions to visit instead of one. Maybe one new, one old (but in the future, like how Kanto was 3 years older in GSC)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:47 am

Of course there's room. That's the beauty of the region really. It's surrounded by nothing but water. Infinite room for expansion.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56 am

I'd hope they'd make more neat cities like Fortree, Pacifidlog, Sootopolis... creative ones that are centered around nature rather than just being more boring little towns with little houses.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 am

Maybe they could do something to make surfing everywhere less banal... though I admit I kinda liked that. So many little secret nooks and crannies. I'm not sure I'd like it now, though.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:09 am

I liked it... I liked how you could go underwater, too. Maybe they should make it so that you just surf automatically when pressing towards the water if you have the right Pokemon.

Maybe they could also expand existing towns. They are quite small for the most part, though I prefer them like that to like, Lumiose or Nimbasa. I get it, it's realistic and you get lost in it like in a real city. Getting lost isn't necessarily why people like big cities crying
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:16 pm

i hope they bring back some things from Emerald though, i LOVED the battle frontier. each building was something intresting, and it was like a end game gym leader challenge again, only your always on equal terms with your opponents. and each place had its own set of rules, the pyramid was prolly my favorite one. big a** maze with trainers and such in it in the dark, your light circle got bigger as you beat them and teh goal was to reach the top and beat the pyramid leader. it was quite a tough challenge.

16-bit Jazzy
I'd hope they'd make more neat cities like Fortree, Pacifidlog, Sootopolis... creative ones that are centered around nature rather than just being more boring little towns with little houses.

yeah like all the colors they used for town names in the first one? lol.

randomly ran into zapidos the other day trying to find a houndour to raise for my new team im putting together. ran away immediatly and has done so a few times now. kinda sucks not even a chance to throw a quick ball at it and pray.

Xilo The Odd

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:46 pm

After encountering the legendary bird so many times, it apparently settles into a cave (I forget which) where you can actually battle it.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25665 25666 25667 25668 25669 25670 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games