Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25677 25678 25679 25680 25681 25682 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 pm

yay
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Steven Universe (the character) pisses me off and I can't explain why. I just do not like his design.

I thought I'd watch the pilot to give him another chance, but nope.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:06 pm

[Kegan]
I would think that it would also matter when and how each movie was made into a DVD. I mean, all that those screenshots tell me is that kiki is good.

Even DVDs on the PS2 look better than the SD TV programming I can view, because I didn't think to replace my Set Top Box's Coaxial cable with HDMI. The PS2 is using RCA cables.

I know that Blu ray is really no indicator of quality. It just means how much file size they can cram on the disk. Doesn't mean they do a better job.

I've seen screenshots from a few other Ghibli movie BDs that are about the same level of quality, so they seem to be using the same method of remastering for all of the movies. I'll let you know if I see anything specifically for Mononoke, though.

Cables/player aren't really a factor in how high quality a disc is, though? Yeah, a show is going to look and sound better on some setups than others, but if someone's going to compare a release, it needs to be on the same setup so that the only explanation for the quality difference is the disc and not a potentially crappy player.

Glad you got things figured out with the Wii U. I hope you like it!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Zephyrkitty
[Kegan]
I would think that it would also matter when and how each movie was made into a DVD. I mean, all that those screenshots tell me is that kiki is good.

Even DVDs on the PS2 look better than the SD TV programming I can view, because I didn't think to replace my Set Top Box's Coaxial cable with HDMI. The PS2 is using RCA cables.

I know that Blu ray is really no indicator of quality. It just means how much file size they can cram on the disk. Doesn't mean they do a better job.

I've seen screenshots from a few other Ghibli movie BDs that are about the same level of quality, so they seem to be using the same method of remastering for all of the movies. I'll let you know if I see anything specifically for Mononoke, though.

Cables/player aren't really a factor in how high quality a disc is, though? Yeah, a show is going to look and sound better on some setups than others, but if someone's going to compare a release, it needs to be on the same setup so that the only explanation for the quality difference is the disc and not a potentially crappy player.

Glad you got things figured out with the Wii U. I hope you like it!
Ah, but they are. Analog VS digital atleast. Digital doesn't allow for any signal degradation, and HDMI has a higher bandwidth, if I recall, which is why it's so super great.

As for the player, well, I was just mentioning it because the PS2 is very old.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:27 am

******** on eBay thought he'd outbid me in the last thirty seconds.

Yea, b***h? I'll outbid you in the last 5. Eat s**t.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 am

What'd you buy?

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:37 am

16-bit Jazzy
Steven Universe (the character) pisses me off and I can't explain why. I just do not like his design.

...Oh. crying

He's kinda dumb, but all the other characters are so good?! And I don't think the pilot is a good indicator. I recommend you either watch Gem Glow or Cat Fingers. It also might be because he really does look pretty weird in the pilot compared to now. They changed everyone's design a lot.
I mean, you don't have to give it a shot, I just felt like I needed to defend SU. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:52 am

thx keegz

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:06 am

Hah, nice.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:03 pm

[Kegan]
What'd you buy?

He purchased Virtual Boy Wario Land. Lucas got him a VB for Christmas and is soooo great

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:09 pm

I_love_Inuyasha1
16-bit Jazzy

...Oh. crying

He's kinda dumb, but all the other characters are so good?! And I don't think the pilot is a good indicator. I recommend you either watch Gem Glow or Cat Fingers. It also might be because he really does look pretty weird in the pilot compared to now. They changed everyone's design a lot.
I mean, you don't have to give it a shot, I just felt like I needed to defend SU. sweatdrop

The other characters are good. I just don't like him >_< Why's he gotta be so fat and dumb and whiny also his sandals look dumb lfkadjflkj a character like that shouldn't be the most important one. Though it is kinda good that he's not stereotypical?

Don't crying though D: I may consider watching those ones if I get bored or something.

Maybe I'm more prejudiced against fat people than I thought. But like, come on. A hot dog wiener with three donuts attached to it? :XP: You gotta be gross. He'd still be whiny and annoying and dumb either way.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Hold up. Homer Simpson is fat and stupid, but I love him.

It must be the sandals. And the hair. And the obnoxious look he often has on his face. And how short he is. It could be the way he's drawn, although I like how the other characters are drawn. Mainly, it has to be that he's an annoying, whiny kid. ******** kids. Except for Bart and Lisa. >_>

He also just doesn't seem funny? Argh I still don't know exactly what it is >_<

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:22 pm

16-bit Jazzy
Hold up. Homer Simpson is fat and stupid, but I love him.

It must be the sandals. And the hair. And the obnoxious look he often has on his face. And how short he is. It could be the way he's drawn, although I like how the other characters are drawn. Mainly, it has to be that he's an annoying, whiny kid. ******** kids. Except for Bart and Lisa. >_>

He also just doesn't seem funny? Argh I still don't know exactly what it is >_<

Haha, I guess fictional kids don't really bother me.
I don't think he's supposed to be funny, really.
Wow so you're SANDALIST! He is super short. I don't think he's that whiny though?? Maybe just give it a chance when you're bored. :3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:30 pm

The Eleventh AK
thx keegz
I shoulda put a big @David at the head of that post. Glad you found it anyway.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:32 pm

The starbound Beta is out! and available for purchase on steam. in its current state its not nearly complete but there is much to explore and much to do.

so if you were intrested in it before its up. and im hosting a server as well. mainly cause its so resource efficient i can host and play with 0 issues. no lag, not jitters, nothin. and it beats terraria by a mile.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25677 25678 25679 25680 25681 25682 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games