Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:04 pm
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21
Queen Spazzy
Congrazzles, Zelda~
Good luck on the next, hopefully it won't take as long!
May the luck of not-so-rapid inflation be with you!

Thanks Spazzy. It's been a bit difficult trying to get some of the things off my list these days. It's not even half shrunk either.

I don't doubt it.
I shrunk my wishlist by switching to an animal base and deciding I didn't want to switch back; not as many animal items as human, haha~
I just wish they would come out with more gold shop stuff, I can't afford to buy off the market...

Me neither, it's just too much with these stupid gold generators! Grr! I'm tired of them! I may as well get some more animal items, maybe change the base color while I'm at it, if I can afford one. In the meantime, I'm watching House M.D. from the start on Netflix! I love all the medical stuff it shows, so fascinating.

I think just about everyone is tired of them, but apparently Gaia's excuse for creating more?
"People buy them, so they must want them."
Thoroughly ignoring the fact that they've artificially created the want for them in the first place...
I've been thinking of changing my base color too since I came into a little extra gold after discovering hidden treasures in my inventory, but I've no clue what color I might want to go to from gray...
Sounds like you've got a good night ahead of you, though!

Yeah! I really want to give mine a lovely white color base, but good grief it's too expensive! crying If only I had the gold or cash to get it, I would. Grey is nice and all, but not the color I was looking for on a she wolf base.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:19 pm
Princess Zelda21
Queen Spazzy
I think just about everyone is tired of them, but apparently Gaia's excuse for creating more?
"People buy them, so they must want them."
Thoroughly ignoring the fact that they've artificially created the want for them in the first place...
I've been thinking of changing my base color too since I came into a little extra gold after discovering hidden treasures in my inventory, but I've no clue what color I might want to go to from gray...
Sounds like you've got a good night ahead of you, though!

Yeah! I really want to give mine a lovely white color base, but good grief it's too expensive! crying If only I had the gold or cash to get it, I would. Grey is nice and all, but not the color I was looking for on a she wolf base.

Yowch, that is expensive...
I had to look up what it was selling for on the market.
That's insanely expensive considering 1 GC is supposed to be equivalent to 60 gold, which means it SHOULD only sell for around 120k...
If I limit myself to non-exorbitantly-priced colors, I can only get the four colors available for gold; yellow, light brown, burnt orange, or pale green.
I really wanted a black base so I could do a tribute to my Frankie cat who passed last year, but I'm unwilling to pay so much. Sigh...
You'd think they'd have made the natural colors for gold and unnatural for GC. cat_confused

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:19 am
Well, learning more Italian will have to wait indefinitely...
I fell asleep at my laptop yesterday and the dogs decided it would be a FAB idea to eat my headphones.
And I don't have another working pair.
And I can't afford to BUY another working pair, especially of the type I need.
So not only can I no longer learn languages, I also can't use my iPod or receive or make calls on my cell even in an emergency.
On top of that, I also feel like hell (thus the sleeping literally all day yesterday).
DOGS ARE GREAT.
SO IS BEING A CHICK.
*rolls off into a corner to sulk and hate the everything*

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:55 pm
Queen Spazzy
Well, learning more Italian will have to wait indefinitely...
I fell asleep at my laptop yesterday and the dogs decided it would be a FAB idea to eat my headphones.
And I don't have another working pair.
And I can't afford to BUY another working pair, especially of the type I need.
So not only can I no longer learn languages, I also can't use my iPod or receive or make calls on my cell even in an emergency.
On top of that, I also feel like hell (thus the sleeping literally all day yesterday).
DOGS ARE GREAT.
SO IS BEING A CHICK.
*rolls off into a corner to sulk and hate the everything*

What?
Oh my god your dogs eat EVERYTHING!
What kinds of headphones?
Why do you even need them for calls and your laptop? No speakers/broken speakers?
I'm so sorry! i really super duper wish I could help in some way!

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:05 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
What?
Oh my god your dogs eat EVERYTHING!
What kinds of headphones?
Why do you even need them for calls and your laptop? No speakers/broken speakers?
I'm so sorry! i really super duper wish I could help in some way!

Yeahh... they tried to eat my kitty slippers while I was at my beau's the other weekend. Those I could fix though.
They were iPhone headphones, my bestie had given them to me because she didn't want them, they had a mic so I could use them with my phone.
My phone's speaker doesn't work worth crap and I can't hear the person on the other end when I make/receive calls.
And laptop speakers work fine but the synthetic voice Duolingo uses doesn't play right.
Plus when the dogs bark and play it's hard to hear my speakers.
And, since I am nightowl, I don't wanna wake my mum.
Talking to you is making me feel better though, I was super excited when I saw your ping, haha~
In other news, it is really awkward to type with drying nails.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:25 pm
Queen Spazzy

Yeahh... they tried to eat my kitty slippers while I was at my beau's the other weekend. Those I could fix though.
They were iPhone headphones, my bestie had given them to me because she didn't want them, they had a mic so I could use them with my phone.
My phone's speaker doesn't work worth crap and I can't hear the person on the other end when I make/receive calls.
And laptop speakers work fine but the synthetic voice Duolingo uses doesn't play right.
Plus when the dogs bark and play it's hard to hear my speakers.
And, since I am nightowl, I don't wanna wake my mum.
Talking to you is making me feel better though, I was super excited when I saw your ping, haha~
In other news, it is really awkward to type with drying nails.

Do you keep your room door closed so they can't get in?
And you might be able to find some a second hand shop near by if you have one (I know I find all kinds of stuff in mine)
And what did you do to your phone that it stopped working like that? Or did it just say, "hay I don't feel like working!"
I'm glad you feel better talking with me. I like to help and listen.
I'm going to be painting my nails this weekend for prom.

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:54 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Do you keep your room door closed so they can't get in?
And you might be able to find some a second hand shop near by if you have one (I know I find all kinds of stuff in mine)
And what did you do to your phone that it stopped working like that? Or did it just say, "hay I don't feel like working!"
I'm glad you feel better talking with me. I like to help and listen.
I'm going to be painting my nails this weekend for prom.

I can't keep my laptop in my room or the majority of my cords/electronics.
For one, while I am awake I have to stay out with the dogs, so the things I use stay in the living room.
For two, I have only one working outlet in my room, so not enough room to plug stuff in since our surge protector has to stay with the cable modem and router and stuff.
And I do keep the door closed, but the frame is wonky so it doesn't always shut correctly.
YAY POVERTY.
We have only one Goodwill anywhere nearby and it's still some ten, fifteen miles off and I don't remember ever seeing headphones of the style I need there, though they stock butt tons of Mac specific HDMI cords; no other real thrift shops to speak of nearer than that.
And my phone came like that. My first one was knocked into a toilet by cats; I had insurance on it, so I got a new one, well, refurbed, actually, but they sent me two whose touch screens were defective, and then the one I have now and I was tired of dealing with them by that point and since this one was basically functional I figured I could stick with it for two years.
I'll be up for an upgrade in a couple months, I'm thinking of getting the Moto X, it has spiffy specs and I can customize the colors for free.
My nails are purpleeee! With holo micro glitter! RAINBOWSSSS. (I was gonna find a swatch for you, but it's a retired color so it isn't on the site and I can't find a good picture from the blog community, the ones I found made it look pink and didn't catch the sparkle...)
Unfortunately, the lacquer I chose is a jelly, so it's taken me some three coats to get a fair evenness and opacity, which means it's taking foreverrrrr to dry properly. Not looking forward to waiting for my top coat to dry.
And I can't seem to remember where my acetone is, fuuuuuuu...
I could really use it for clean up, I got a little messy because my hands have started shaking from my blood sugar dropping... Ugh.
P.S. Plan awesome pre- and/or post-prom activities, if you're much like me, actual prom will be thoroughly disappointing.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:35 pm
Queen Spazzy

I can't keep my laptop in my room or the majority of my cords/electronics.
For one, while I am awake I have to stay out with the dogs, so the things I use stay in the living room.
For two, I have only one working outlet in my room, so not enough room to plug stuff in since our surge protector has to stay with the cable modem and router and stuff.
And I do keep the door closed, but the frame is wonky so it doesn't always shut correctly.
YAY POVERTY.
We have only one Goodwill anywhere nearby and it's still some ten, fifteen miles off and I don't remember ever seeing headphones of the style I need there, though they stock butt tons of Mac specific HDMI cords; no other real thrift shops to speak of nearer than that.
And my phone came like that. My first one was knocked into a toilet by cats; I had insurance on it, so I got a new one, well, refurbed, actually, but they sent me two whose touch screens were defective, and then the one I have now and I was tired of dealing with them by that point and since this one was basically functional I figured I could stick with it for two years.
I'll be up for an upgrade in a couple months, I'm thinking of getting the Moto X, it has spiffy specs and I can customize the colors for free.
My nails are purpleeee! With holo micro glitter! RAINBOWSSSS. (I was gonna find a swatch for you, but it's a retired color so it isn't on the site and I can't find a good picture from the blog community, the ones I found made it look pink and didn't catch the sparkle...)
Unfortunately, the lacquer I chose is a jelly, so it's taken me some three coats to get a fair evenness and opacity, which means it's taking foreverrrrr to dry properly. Not looking forward to waiting for my top coat to dry.
And I can't seem to remember where my acetone is, fuuuuuuu...
I could really use it for clean up, I got a little messy because my hands have started shaking from my blood sugar dropping... Ugh.
P.S. Plan awesome pre- and/or post-prom activities, if you're much like me, actual prom will be thoroughly disappointing.

Why not get a power strip? Can your one outlet handle it?
Can you use something like a laundry basket or some bricks to hold it closed?
woooow that's mighty helpful.
Oh wow they're d**k biscuits. I would totally flip out on them.
Oh I've seen that before. that would be cool, but try to get a case since your dogs seem to like eating... everything.
What kind is it? I don't normally pain my nails because they're so soft and egg shell-ish and everything.
But I'm doing it for prom.
I like China glaze and the Flying Dragon. But you have to clear coat is because it's like sandpaper otherwise.
I hate polish like that.
Do you have a sugar bowl? Would eating a little bit of that help?
And I hope to do some cool stuff. I'll talk with my friends. Thanks!
I feel like I will be like you and wonder what to do the entire time.
I want to learn ballroom dancing.

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:05 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Why not get a power strip? Can your one outlet handle it?
Can you use something like a laundry basket or some bricks to hold it closed?
woooow that's mighty helpful.
Oh wow they're d**k biscuits. I would totally flip out on them.
Oh I've seen that before. that would be cool, but try to get a case since your dogs seem to like eating... everything.
What kind is it? I don't normally pain my nails because they're so soft and egg shell-ish and everything.
But I'm doing it for prom.
I like China glaze and the Flying Dragon. But you have to clear coat is because it's like sandpaper otherwise.
I hate polish like that.
Do you have a sugar bowl? Would eating a little bit of that help?
And I hope to do some cool stuff. I'll talk with my friends. Thanks!
I feel like I will be like you and wonder what to do the entire time.
I want to learn ballroom dancing.

Can't afford another one and I still have to stay out with the dogs to keep watch.
They don't normally eat stuff anymore but if they do it's always my stuff. .__.
The headphones were plugged into my laptop when they got eaten, dunno how the dog wasn't shocked, but I fell asleep at my laptop and woke up to destroyed headphones...
I think part of the problem is that they go through rope toys really fast and we haven't been able to buy new toys so the youngest two have one toy to share (a Kong, thank god the black ones are practically indestructible).
For the most part it stays closed, and I can hear if they're into my stuff since our walls are mega thin. (Mixed blessing, it really sucked when my felon cousin still lived with us and brought home girls...)
Painting your nails helps prevent breaking. It can dry them out when you take the polish off, though, so good lotion is a must!
What I have on right now is L.A. Colors Splendid, but I have a BIG collection of polish. I have N.Y.C. Colors (Standard drugstore brand, you can get it anywhere for about two bucks a bottle, they have a good matte top coat, Matte Me Crazy, cheaper than other brands), Pure Ice (AMAZING brand for SUPER cheap, you can get it at Wal-Mart, 97 cents a bottle), China Glaze, Finger Paints (in-house brand for Sally's, as good as the big names for slightly less), Nina Pro (cheap brand from Sally's, they also sell it at drugstores I think, but you usually have to put a solid color underneath because it's stupid watery; you get what you pay for with it), Sally Hansen (another standard you can get about anywhere, but I don't really like their colors for the price, but they have good glitter polishes), and my all time favorite is Orly (you can find it at Sally's, but it's expensive because it's a big name, but they're worth it, and cruelty free; I usually wait for a red tag sale on retiring colors or a buy-one-get-one sale on in-season).
A lot of polish addicts also swear by Esse (you can find a smattering of their colors at Wal-Mart, but be ready to shell out a lot of money for less volume) and Zoya (this one isn't at my Sally's, from what I understand it's basically only available at big cosmetics stores and some malls); I've never used them, though, so I can't vouch for it.
If you want a mani that lasts, uses Orly's rubberized bonder base coat, it'll hold for about a week and can make even cheap stuff last for ages.
And you should ALWAYS use a base coat AND top coat. Base coat protects your nails from staining and adheres to your nails better while gripping the polish. Top coat protects the polish and makes it last. (I use Finger Paints top coat; most polish addicts recommend Seche Vite, which is available at Sally's.)
Oh, and use alcohol or polish remover on your bare nails before you paint them to remove natural oils that shorten the life of polish.
And paint the tips of your nails! Prevents chipping!
[/nail addict]
Oh my goooosh, me too!
I was gonna take a ballroom dancing class with my beau at my uni but they discontinued it the year I started.
So I took kendo instead. >>;

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:18 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge

I dunno if you've already read my other post yet, so, new post just in case so you don't miss it!
I took my own picture of my polish, it appears pretty color-true to me, click!
Doesn't capture the sparkle, tho'.
The name is upside down, sorry, it would have been awkward to hold the bottle the other way!
And please excuse the messiness, I still haven't cleaned up yet.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:29 pm
Queen Spazzy

I dunno if you've already read my other post yet, so, new post just in case so you don't miss it!
The name is upside down, sorry, it would have been awkward to hold the bottle the other way!

Oh I like that.
I don't mind the name thingy.
Hay, it's a lot better than when I do my nails.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:41 am
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

Oh I like that.
I don't mind the name thingy.
Hay, it's a lot better than when I do my nails.

Thank you~
I got my bottle at a Family Dollar for a dollar or so, I think this might be my favorite purple.
I thought it was part of the permanent color line, but it isn't listed on the L.A. Colors site...
My local Family Dollar and Dollar General keep the same polish colors stocked for ages, though, so it may still be out there to find.
You might be able to find it at a Dollar Tree, too, I know they sell L.A. Colors striping polishes and eyeshadow and stuff.
My nails and my hair are really the only 'feminine' obsessions I have. >>;
I've had a lot of years to get better at doing my nails; I've been doing them myself for about as long as I can remember.
I've learned that a good angled brush and nail polish remover are your best friends if you don't have the steadiest hands; that's how I cleaned my edges up, and most women that run nail blogs say that's how they get their "picture perfect" manis, so now you know the secret, too~

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:11 pm
Queen Spazzy

Thank you~
I got my bottle at a Family Dollar for a dollar or so, I think this might be my favorite purple.
I thought it was part of the permanent color line, but it isn't listed on the L.A. Colors site...
My local Family Dollar and Dollar General keep the same polish colors stocked for ages, though, so it may still be out there to find.
You might be able to find it at a Dollar Tree, too, I know they sell L.A. Colors striping polishes and eyeshadow and stuff.
My nails and my hair are really the only 'feminine' obsessions I have. >>;
I've had a lot of years to get better at doing my nails; I've been doing them myself for about as long as I can remember.
I've learned that a good angled brush and nail polish remover are your best friends if you don't have the steadiest hands; that's how I cleaned my edges up, and most women that run nail blogs say that's how they get their "picture perfect" manis, so now you know the secret, too~

Hey sorry it's been forever since I've responded.
I've had so much in my life and so much I'm ignoring right now.
Which I hate
Oh I like a dar, deep pink-purple. This is the closest I could find to the shade I love. My shade is very uncommon.
Sadly, I hate polishing my nails because it murders them...
For me, it's hair. That's it. You could count shoes, but it's only Converse.
I have nine pairs. emotion_kirakira classified_jet

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:11 pm
Feeling depressed from all that I'm falling behind on and how bad it will look in the future... emo

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:59 pm
Is it weird that, although I have all of this stuff to do, I just feel like I can't possibly care about any of it?

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games