Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Moonlight Furry

Heart Star

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:05 am
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Moonlight Fox Spirit
This is sure to get things going What do you think of my avatar? (Not bad for only being on gaia 3 or 4 days I think.)

I like it. I'd have never been able to get all that in such a short time :p
Yeah I did not aside from the clothes the rest is from a friend who had to leave gaia because of real life issues and knew she would not be able to return.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:12 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Not here...
Very little runs for less than ten, not even DS games without cases.
Perks of rural areas where all our stores are practically next door to college campuses, I guess...

The ds games don't even have cases ...
Yah they're like three bucks lol.

Yeah, the GameStops around here have these little shelved display cases with DS games in them, they're caseless games.
You get them three, even five bucks cheaper if you buy them caseless, but the vast majority of them still sell for ten+.
Some games I REALLY want, Tamagotchi games, OUGHT to be wicked cheap and easily found, being kids games and all, but I've only found one once at a mall an hour away and they wanted, like, eight dollars for it caseless.
I was all
User Image

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:45 pm
Queen Spazzy

Yeah, the GameStops around here have these little shelved display cases with DS games in them, they're caseless games.
You get them three, even five bucks cheaper if you buy them caseless, but the vast majority of them still sell for ten+.
Some games I REALLY want, Tamagotchi games, OUGHT to be wicked cheap and easily found, being kids games and all, but I've only found one once at a mall an hour away and they wanted, like, eight dollars for it caseless.
I was all
User Image

I really would love more Tamagotchi. I have two of them right now and I want one of each generation. I had them just after they had been popular in my school and everyone lost interest in them. Oh well, I still love them.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:58 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

I was all
User Image

I really would love more Tamagotchi. I have two of them right now and I want one of each generation. I had them just after they had been popular in my school and everyone lost interest in them. Oh well, I still love them.

My bestie has at least one of every generation, three of most, and several rare angel Tamagotchi.
I think she even has one she ordered in from Japan...
She's gotten most of hers from thrift stores, though.
People get rid of them because they think they're broken and all she has to do is replace batteries generally.
They're basically impossible to find here, though.
I can't even find brand new ones anywhere.
I have an old Tamagotchi game for the GameBoy, though. >>;
I've had it for... uh... over a decade... and it still works.
So, I've got that going for me?

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:07 pm
Queen Spazzy

My bestie has at least one of every generation, three of most, and several rare angel Tamagotchi.
People get rid of them because they think they're broken and all she has to do is replace batteries generally.

Angel Tamas? I haven't even heard of them!
I wish my thrift store had them! (I only have one thrift store near by and one up north)
Ever look on Amazon? They have great deals on used stuff. That's where I get my summer reading books emotion_puke

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:30 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

Angel Tamas? I haven't even heard of them!
I wish my thrift store had them! (I only have one thrift store near by and one up north)
Ever look on Amazon? They have great deals on used stuff. That's where I get my summer reading books emotion_puke

I don't know much about them, my bestie is the one that knows everything Tamagotchi.
(She doesn't get on much, but you can hit her up here, might wanna mention I sent you if you do, she's as antisocial as I am. ^^; )
That's more than I've got, we have a Goodwill half an hour away, and that's the closest we've got.
I don't do the Amazon thing, that's my beau's area. ^^;
I always got my summer reading books at the library. emotion_awesome
That or I had already read most of them when they were assigned. >>;
(How I lucked out my freshman year in high school since I switched districts and the school never bothered to send me any of the stuff I should have gotten over the summer. Thank goodness I had already read Orwell's Animal Farm or I'd have been so much more screwed in that class... The teacher docked my final grade because he didn't like me and I wasn't one of the snobby rich kids. Seriously. 'cause he would never show me exactly how it came to be that I DIDN'T get an A. Which would lead me to the reasonable assumption that there was NO reason for me to NOT have an A.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:58 pm
Just tried playing the new Word Blitz game.
(Which is finally actually LIVE and not a LIE on the games hover menu.)
I thought for sure I'd like it since I'm a word nut...
NOPE!
It sucks.
The controls are clunky.
You can click a letter five times and it still won't move.
And they don't tell you how to work it at all.
I spent the whole time of my first play trying to figure out how it worked before finally realizing it was like one of those slide puzzles that are a picture when you finish them.
(I was in a free room, thank goodness.)
Sure, you can click the rules link, but they don't have anything up for Word Blitz.
Seriously, if you're going to push something live, you should push the damn rules with it, too...
Another new feature I absolutely despise, woot!
No wonder I block ads and deprive Gaia of their ad revenue. B[

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Making art for people that change their avis every few days is hard. cat_gonk
[/complaining]
I have a recent one saved, mostly black with dragon and violin, and that's what I originally intended to use as reference, but I've seen you go through two or three avis since I last attempted anything...
I can still lay down my base work, my posing sketches and skeletons and stuff, but...
I don't wanna do any of the final piece work (lines, colors, even sketching out clothing) until I'm sure about the reference I'll stick with, so...
Would you mind terribly to give me a ref you'd like me to use?
Just, you know, a tektek or "Use this current avi" or just let me know if you want me stick with the one I have right now, I can even settle for a text description, whatever you wanna do.
It would just really help me out, I don't wanna do something you won't like. ^^;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Moonlight Furry

Heart Star

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:38 am
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Not here...
Very little runs for less than ten, not even DS games without cases.
Perks of rural areas where all our stores are practically next door to college campuses, I guess...

The ds games don't even have cases ...
Yah they're like three bucks lol.

I was all
User Image
To most all games are kid games. (Well unless your a parent trying to keep your kids away from a certain type of game.) as for the price I am not really surprised even older games have a high value if kept in good shape.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:54 am
Moonlight Fox Spirit
To most all games are kid games. (Well unless your a parent trying to keep your kids away from a certain type of game.) as for the price I am not really surprised even older games have a high value if kept in good shape.

True enough.
I define it a little differently than most people; I consider kids games to be things that are legitimately marketed as games for kids and the target audience is around elementary to middle school age.
S'pose that's my uni classes talking, thinking of games in more technical terms than general. ^^;
I am surprised, though; the games I'm talking about are only a few years old at best, weren't very well marketed and, thus, didn't sell terribly well, which, law of supply and demand, should drive prices down. Plus the target audience is small and not likely to keep the game long or treat the game well (which is why I've only ever found them without cases), which should also drive prices down, especially on used copies.
But I know a bit about the market on working, old games; I happen to be what I term a "rare hunter." It's really easy to drop twenty, forty dollars on a working SNES cartridge, especially RPGs that had small release batches.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Moonlight Furry

Heart Star

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:20 am
Queen Spazzy
Moonlight Fox Spirit

True enough.
I define it a little differently than most people; I consider kids games to be things that are legitimately marketed as games for kids and the target audience is around elementary to middle school age.
S'pose that's my uni classes talking, thinking of games in more technical terms than general. ^^;
I am surprised, though; the games I'm talking about are only a few years old at best, weren't very well marketed and, thus, didn't sell terribly well, which, law of supply and demand, should drive prices down. Plus the target audience is small and not likely to keep the game long or treat the game well (which is why I've only ever found them without cases), which should also drive prices down, especially on used copies.
But I know a bit about the market on working, old games; I happen to be what I term a "rare hunter." It's really easy to drop twenty, forty dollars on a working SNES cartridge, especially RPGs that had small release batches.
well almost all true but you forgot 2 small details. first is your assuming they game is not well wanted. (it may be the case I do not know myself.) and 2 if the game did not sell that well when it first came out it means that there is a limited amount of how many where put into circulation. say the max of 1000 where sold for about $60 before the game was taken from the shelf's.then add facts in such as how many where sold in each area how many people are selling and not holding onto them as well as how good a shape there in and if a store actually buys them and then add in the factor of supply and demand that could mean that only a max of 5 are in any given state thus the price would probably stay somewhat high even if there is not a overly high demand for the game just because it is a hard to come by game. there is also the factor of if any shop will actually carry older games which most stores try to avoid outdated games or games that did not sell well when they first came out.(Keep in mind these are not real figures I am just using them to make a point)  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:44 am
Moonlight Fox Spirit
Queen Spazzy
Moonlight Fox Spirit

True enough.
well almost all true but you forgot 2 small details. first is your assuming they game is not well wanted. (it may be the case I do not know myself.) and 2 if the game did not sell that well when it first came out it means that there is a limited amount of how many where put into circulation. say the max of 1000 where sold for about $60 before the game was taken from the shelf's.then add facts in such as how many where sold in each area how many people are selling and not holding onto them as well as how good a shape there in and if a store actually buys them and then add in the factor of supply and demand that could mean that only a max of 5 are in any given state thus the price would probably stay somewhat high even if there is not a overly high demand for the game just because it is a hard to come by game. there is also the factor of if any shop will actually carry older games which most stores try to avoid outdated games or games that did not sell well when they first came out.(Keep in mind these are not real figures I am just using them to make a point)

There were a lot pushed, they're by no means rare at all.
And they only sold for twenty dollars new when they were first released.
And they're not something really ANYONE would be likely to hang on to or seek after other than weird, obsessive people like myself and my bestie.
They're Tamagotchi games, they were popular with the young crowd when they were first released, and really only the young crowd had any interest in them just like actual Tamagotchis, and they were easy, even children could get through everything in a week or so and they had terribly little replay value since it was literally the same activities over and over again and there was no sense in keeping them since they had no connectivity to or functions with things like other systems, the internet, or Tamagotchis themselves.
Thus, there should be a LOT on the used marketplace and they should be INSANELY cheap because there's not much demand for a large supply.
Probably I'm just not looking in the right places, plus the stores that sell games in my area cater almost exclusively to the college crowd since they're all practically next door to college campuses.
Likely I'd have better luck on the internet, but I don't do the internet shopping thing.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Moonlight Furry

Heart Star

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:00 am
Queen Spazzy
Moonlight Fox Spirit
Queen Spazzy
Moonlight Fox Spirit

True enough.

There were a lot pushed, they're by no means rare at all.
And they only sold for twenty dollars new when they were first released.
And they're not something really ANYONE would be likely to hang on to or seek after other than weird, obsessive people like myself and my bestie.
They're Tamagotchi games, they were popular with the young crowd when they were first released, and really only the young crowd had any interest in them just like actual Tamagotchis, and they were easy, even children could get through everything in a week or so and they had terribly little replay value since it was literally the same activities over and over again and there was no sense in keeping them since they had no connectivity to or functions with things like other systems, the internet, or Tamagotchis themselves.
Thus, there should be a LOT on the used marketplace and they should be INSANELY cheap because there's not much demand for a large supply.
Probably I'm just not looking in the right places, plus the stores that sell games in my area cater almost exclusively to the college crowd since they're all practically next door to college campuses.
Likely I'd have better luck on the internet, but I don't do the internet shopping thing.
Since all that is true why would anyone besides the person who bought them even carry them to begin with anymore? true there may not be any real demand at all but in that case the concept of supply and demand goes out the window. if there is almost no demand for a item many stores will not carry it. To find what you want you will have to go to a second hand store and those places are rarely cheep or safe as they go buy how much they pay for the game when they bought it off a person and some do not even test the stuff before or after buying it unless they are paying a lot for it. Example if they bought one off a person for $5 they may try to sell it for $8 to turn a small profit but since it is such a small price they more then likely will not even see if it works correctly beyond if the screen is broke and if it can not power up they will leave it to the person who buys it from them to get the battery for it. Most second hand stores do not care about supply and demand they just care about selling what they have and making a profit off it. Of course you could always try EBAY or something like it that way you would be sure to find the lowest price.
Oh and one last thing and I hate this fact myself but we think and what stores and other people think any given item is worth is rarely the same thing. (I wanted to try those myself but never had the money to get one when they came out and from what you say glad I never did as it would have taken very little time for me to become board with it.)  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:38 am
Moonlight Fox Spirit
Since all that is true why would anyone besides the person who bought them even carry them to begin with anymore? true there may not be any real demand at all but in that case the concept of supply and demand goes out the window. if there is almost no demand for a item many stores will not carry it. To find what you want you will have to go to a second hand store and those places are rarely cheep or safe as they go buy how much they pay for the game when they bought it off a person and some do not even test the stuff before or after buying it unless they are paying a lot for it. Example if they bought one off a person for $5 they may try to sell it for $8 to turn a small profit but since it is such a small price they more then likely will not even see if it works correctly beyond if the screen is broke and if it can not power up they will leave it to the person who buys it from them to get the battery for it. Most second hand stores do not care about supply and demand they just care about selling what they have and making a profit off it. Of course you could always try EBAY or something like it that way you would be sure to find the lowest price.
Oh and one last thing and I hate this fact myself but we think and what stores and other people think any given item is worth is rarely the same thing. (I wanted to try those myself but never had the money to get one when they came out and from what you say glad I never did as it would have taken very little time for me to become board with it.)

I know a LOT about the used market.
Being an avid collector and all.
And a LOT about video games and their market.
Was kinda my major before I dropped out.
I almost always buy used, so I know how all of that works.
I don't generally think games are worth more than what businesses think they're worth; I take into account what they pay out to take in games from others and the percentage they'll add to that to turn a profit.
I never buy used without a warranty, and I especially never buy used in real life if I'm not allowed to first look at a game.
(I've pissed off a LOT of people because of that; I make employees get another copy for me if I'm not satisfied with what I'm given and I WILL turn things in under warranties/guarantees if it doesn't function fully. From reactions I've gotten for this, a lot of people apparently don't do this.)
My mummy used to work an arcade/rental store, I've learned a lot from her, too, like what things are playable, fixable, how to take care of systems and games, stuff like that.
I don't buy used off the internet generally, too many chances for stuff to go wrong, and that's probably why I've never found the games; since I don't live in an area with a lot of little kids, it's doubtful my nearest stores ever even carried them when they were released (I don't remember ever seeing new copies, which would support the theory), which would mean they weren't out there to be sold back here.
Sorry if I sound weird or like a know-it-all, I just wanna make stuff clear and not be misunderstood. ^^;
I got the chance to try one of the Tamagotchi games; a friend had it and let me play it, I loved it, which is why I've wanted to find them, but they're something only certain kinds of people would find prolonged enjoyment in, unfortunately.
If you could ever rent it or borrow it or something, it's worth a try, it's just short and not necessarily worth much monetarily. ^^;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Moonlight Furry

Heart Star

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:48 am
Queen Spazzy
Moonlight Fox Spirit

I know a LOT about the used market.
Being an avid collector and all.
And a LOT about video games and their market.
Was kinda my major before I dropped out.
I almost always buy used, so I know how all of that works.
I don't generally think games are worth more than what businesses think they're worth; I take into account what they pay out to take in games from others and the percentage they'll add to that to turn a profit.
I never buy used without a warranty, and I especially never buy used in real life if I'm not allowed to first look at a game.
(I've pissed off a LOT of people because of that; I make employees get another copy for me if I'm not satisfied with what I'm given and I WILL turn things in under warranties/guarantees if it doesn't function fully. From reactions I've gotten for this, a lot of people apparently don't do this.)
My mummy used to work an arcade/rental store, I've learned a lot from her, too, like what things are playable, fixable, how to take care of systems and games, stuff like that.
I don't buy used off the internet generally, too many chances for stuff to go wrong, and that's probably why I've never found the games; since I don't live in an area with a lot of little kids, it's doubtful my nearest stores ever even carried them when they were released (I don't remember ever seeing new copies, which would support the theory), which would mean they weren't out there to be sold back here.
Sorry if I sound weird or like a know-it-all, I just wanna make stuff clear and not be misunderstood. ^^;
Good too see you are making well informed choices. I myself just rely on blind luck and a keen eye. Seems to work for me but your way is much safer. (And I think we have both pissed off a few people with how we go about finding and getting things we want.)

As for sounding like a know it all maybe but then again at least there is no misunderstandings and you are making your point.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games