Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25815 25816 25817 25818 25819 25820 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:40 am

It's so interesting to see the series evolve. With the first game the most interesting gimmicks you'd get were like Kirby's copy ability, DK's punch or something. Melee added stuff like Pichu taking damage (seriously, Pichu was in that game? wtf.), the cape, the Ice Climbers and whatnot.

Then Brawl tried some new stuff. Lucario's revenge aura, Snake's very unique moveset, Olimar with his constant need of Pikmin and how they all have different characteristics. I really dug that stuff.

SSB4 is upping Lucario's revenge aura, adding Rosalina (which, I don't even begin to know how she works with Luma), adding Mega Man/Villager with their huge versatility, Little Mac's Power Meter... I hope Snake comes back just because he was an interesting character. I want more stuff like this!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:46 am

Also, it's weird that he was an Assist Trophy and now he's playable. The only other character to do something like that was like... Charizard. What's really strange though is that the Villager has a boxing glove move. Why?

I used that as a reason Little Mac wouldn't be included. The only real references I can see the Villager having to allow him to have those is that Punch-out!! was playable in the first AC and you can get... boxing ring furniture/clothes? But never boxing gloves. Can you even get those as furniture? What the hell!

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:49 am

Well, how many smashes can you even think of for the villager? He already uses his axe to fell trees, that migth even be a smash that you can use in combination with a tree growing move, but what else? Net? Okay. Slingshot? Can do?

Why does the villager become the balloon fighter for that matter?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:49 am

[Kegan]
Meta_Fish
Thank you. crying

And I don't know, I think Jasmine mainly just plays characters she likes a lot outside of Smash Bros. She likes Little Mac but I see her still sticking with some of her favorites. :3

That said, yeah he looks strong! I'm really excited about how they're adding in his Power Meter because now there are several interesting characters that have neat little gimmicks.
I'm just saying Jasmine will probably play as him because she's inordinately good as Ike.

...Also, I heard someone on youtube say it seems like mac gets super-armor when charging up his punch, which they liked to Ike during his up+B. I guess he's invulnerable during that? I guess I never thought about it.
A lot of people are saying Little Mac will be a replacement for Ike. I could see that, but the whole Fire Emblem thing is just confusing me anyway. I don't know WHO they'll add aside from Marth.

There are a lot of instances of super armor though I'm only aware of a very small few. I think what I've seen from at least this trailer specifically is that a lot of characters are going to have super armor (also known as: they won't be temporarily stunned from attacks under a certain power) for moves of a certain amount of power. You see Bowser not flinching from Mega Man's pellets in that trailer, but I think most characters will. Little Mac doesn't flinch much either, but I think he might be an exception. You have to hit him when he has an opening, which might be a lot, or it might not be. Maybe he doesn't have great kill moves aside from the KO punch. Getting hit will lower his KO meter which I can see being infuriating when you're playing as him and someone gets, say, a Pokeball.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:51 am

[Kegan]
Well, how many smashes can you even think of for the villager? He already uses his axe to fell trees, that migth even be a smash that you can use in combination with a tree growing move, but what else? Net? Okay. Slingshot? Can do?

Why does the villager become the balloon fighter for that matter?
I could think of a lot of moves for the Villager, I think. I'm kind of surprised his fishing rod isn't his recovery, it would make a great tether. I really want to know how the tree and axe moves work, though. I'm just saying it's strange because that's something he never does in his game.

He becomes the balloon fighter because Balloon Fight was in AC1. I guess. The Balloon Fighter was a rumored playable character for Melee. He and the Mach Rider.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:57 am

I like characters that are small/light, fast and pretty powrful. Pikachu, Lucas and Ness. I also just feel at home arrow with Fire Emblem characters, because I played as Roy 95% of the time in Melee probably. I really like having that counter.

It is PURE COINCIDENCE that they are all (s)rpg characters. I don't LOVE any of them outside of Smash (except Pikachu). I wish I were better with Kirby and Mario u no?

That said, they need to confirm an EB character for Smash 4! I don't care who! I just want that play style to return.

(speaking of piano, i just had a dream that i could play my favorite piece on the piano by ear and it was totally voodoo and now i sort of want to try to keyboard. kegan, we could keyboard together!)

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:08 am

Does the villager use his shovel for anything? Pitfalls and self-destruct bombs?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:15 am

ugh i hate how sheet music looks but here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YGRO05WcNDk

there has to be a different way to learn it. it's so slow.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 am

16-bit Jazzy

(speaking of piano, i just had a dream that i could play my favorite piece on the piano by ear and it was totally voodoo and now i sort of want to try to keyboard. kegan, we could keyboard together!)
I'm down.

Think I'm gonna buy dis http://www.amazon.com/Casio-CTK-4200-Sensitive-Personal-Keyboard/dp/B0059ZTYQM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382546366&sr=8-2&keywords=Casio+CTK4200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:23 am

16-bit Jazzy
Does the villager use his shovel for anything? Pitfalls and self-destruct bombs?
he digs pitfalls directly under people and sticks them in the ground just like when DK smashes them down.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:26 am

One day I wanna play every song from Spirited away. Also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeJIzMSllDA&list=PLsJwMyjShVUzySDolxLweBrSbJs1PLpqL
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 am

I can't read music... like at all cool

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:39 am

Nice. Looks basically like mine. http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/yamaha-dgx-230-237089.jpg

Spirited Away has very pretty music.

Do you plan on learning it? I once learned reading music at basically a preschooler level, lol. Of course, I forget even that now.

So maybe the Pitfall won't be an item in this game, huh.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:42 am

Those of you who have beaten Pokemon X and Y but HAVEN'T done the post-game Looker sidequest, I highly recommend it!

You don't get any cool items in return, but you do get to see more story and get acquainted with some great characters.

Also idk if anyone care but you meet a sixteen-year-old girl who is apparently younger than you. That means the trainers in this game might actually be adults! I'm happy. Actually I think she refers to you as a grown-up.

Good job, Pokemon Company. Make the trainers grow up along with the people who play your games.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:45 am

16-bit Jazzy
I don't think he has pitfalls, but in the Little Mac trailer you can see him use the shovel attack, which looks like his down smash as it digs in front and behind him to bury people on either side.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25815 25816 25817 25818 25819 25820 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games