Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:40 am
Looks like I'll be going to uni after all. Got accepted, even though I missed my grade boundaries by 2 whole grades lol. :XP:

Got BBD, but needed at least ABC haha. Ahhh, jokes. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:03 am
Tokioka
Looks like I'll be going to uni after all. Got accepted, even though I missed my grade boundaries by 2 whole grades lol. :XP:

Lol your marks are terrible there. I presume you're now only in a really crap uni course? blaugh If you aren't in a shoddy degree then you're going to have to pay hell of a lot of money in tuition fees. blaugh  

Minielf

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:12 am
Minielf
Tokioka

Lol your marks are terrible there. I presume you're now only in a really crap uni course? blaugh If you aren't in a shoddy degree then you're going to have to pay hell of a lot of money in tuition fees. blaugh

-bashes 'elfy-

Don't be mean to Toki. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:19 am
Minielf
Tokioka

Well Bath is actually fairly good. Way better than some random uni I may have had to go to using the clearing process.

It may not be the best univeristy in australia or wherever you go, but at least it's somewhere I was actually interested in.  

Tokioka

soumakisa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:50 am
eh.. university in Australia?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:56 am
Tokioka
Minielf
Tokioka

Well Bath is actually fairly good. Way better than some random uni I may have had to go to using the clearing process.

It may not be the best univeristy in australia or wherever you go, but at least it's somewhere I was actually interested in.

Indeed. Bath is a fairly good uni, better than the new ones with big-sounding names but are actually crappy (like UWE). 3nodding  

Niphredil Ithilmir

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:14 am
I want the metal arcde dance floor mats, but they cost around £80 >_< And it only works for PS2, which I don't have stare
My old mat died and is missing, since I was using it improperly and, like CH, stamping on it till the mat broke its sensors sweatdrop

And my cousin is going to Uni this year! I think he's going to Leeds Uni ninja

And Toki, don't chicken out on the maths courses like my other cousin did in Plymouth last year domokun
As my cousin describes the maths courses "Hard, confusing and impossible to understand" xp
Even though she got A's on most of her GCSE's rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:21 am
If you are Desprate Saph,
http://www.darkplanets.co.uk/product_info.asp?pid=853

CH's going to Uni, but im not going to start studying and qutit the internet until year 11. Thanks to you and you and you and you...... and you.....etc...etc...........etc

Lol my Mat lasted 3months. I wore shoes on them occasionally because it makes me more agile o_O Less friction foot burnage.

Flammable Bait

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:53 am
SurvivingPyrodoxManiac...
If you are Desprate Saph,
http://www.darkplanets.co.uk/product_info.asp?pid=853

CH's going to Uni, but im not going to start studying and qutit the internet until year 11. Thanks to you and you and you and you...... and you.....etc...etc...........etc

Lol my Mat lasted 3months. I wore shoes on them occasionally because it makes me more agile o_O Less friction foot burnage.

But I want 2 dance mats that is joined together or 2 seperate dance mats that can playboth at once....
So I can challenge my brother ninja

I didn't wear shoes when I gone on the mats, because my mum said it causes a load of noise and breaks the mat even more...
I came up with the idea once of using sock and mats...not such a good idea -_-;;

Socks + DDR Mats = Low score/rank + Occasional Slips

Plus my cousins used to make me want to go to Manchester Uni with them since they are Manchester United fans >_>;;
I haven't even thought of Uni yet, I'm only 13 rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:26 pm
Hahahaha.. that's what I thought, CH. I still haven't quit, and I'm going to be lower sixth next year. Besides, just look at Toki. xD

Bloody hell, that's scary. Lower sixth. sweatdrop  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:37 pm
Here's my thing about Amecon, taken from myspace. Enjoy. 3nodding

M'kay, this blog is really late but I was doing stuff in the week, plus exam results so yar, better late than never . =)

Amecon was last weekend and it was my second convention, Ayacon 2005 being my first. In comparison I'd say Ayacon was better, but perhaps that's just me being nostalgic.

We set off on thursday and stayed in a hotel so that we'd be able to prepare our cosplays on the friday morning. Trip up to Leicester was fine, although at first the heathrow terrorist threat had me worried that our buses would be delayed. I was surpirised at how well mine turned out as I'd literally only started making it 3 days earlier. xD

Myself as Sasuke and Jorj as Rikku.
User Image

So onto the actual con. To begin with we went to the games room where I embarked on some samba de amigo followed by some DDR, where jorj pwned my a**. v_v'
Whitley and Mike were too p***y to try... cool *sniggers*

Um... *refers to Whitley's blog lol* yeh, so Jorj and I were DDRing and then we met her friends from Gaia, Mangamad and Zero_Angel, who were nice. We made it into the dealer's room quite late, but it was much bigger and better stocked this year so we didn't miss out on much. Somehow I managed to spend £180 on One Piece box sets and a Final Fantasy thing for whitley... he'd better pay me back that £40. >.>

Then came a talk from a japanese woman, Akemi Solloway, who told us about life in japan and kimono wearing. Them japanese and their... stuff. xP

Opening ceremony was a bit crap to be honest, as whitley already stated it wasn't very memorable and they did it in a pretty small hall. Last year's one had the Versatile Exploding Bishonen! ^o^ and adequate seating. Makes all the difference y'see. :3

After the opening pretty much everyone was watching anime. Whitley, Mike, Beth and Annie (Jorj's friends), myself, Jorj, Mangamad and Zero_Angel. We saw some Full Metal Alchemist followed by Love Hina which was sweet. ^^

Went to watch the AMV competition... which wasn't that great, a shame really. Has to be said that last year's offerings were much better. Come on Many Lemons! You only made one this year! ONE!! D=
The really perverted Golden Boy AMV was a hit though and deservedly so! It probably couldn't have gotten any more explicit without bordering on hentai. xD

Saturday morning... woke up at 8:20 am then got all dressed up and Jorj did my hair which took a further 35 minutes. Sasuke's hair... so annoying to do.. >.< (Thanks for your patience Jorj <3)

Went to attend the masquerade rehearsals which were stated as starting at 11 am in the timetable. Waited for 40 minutes and no one turned up, so we left and went to the Bring & Buy room. Bought some Hellsing manga and a One Piece calendar. Jorj submitted her art for the art competition, don't think she won cos some of the artists were taking it very seriously. Ah wells, there's always someone better than you. :3 *pats Jorj*

Onto the manga reading room where I read the Hellsing I bought plus some Battle Royale. Was quite relaxing to just sit down and have a good read after all that walking about.

After that we went to the masquerade and I'd expected not to have to do it seeing as we didn't turn up to rehearsals at 12 pm (which we had no idea about), but no, they managed to squeeze us in. ¬_¬ Great.

But in actuality, it was great! So much fun to go on the catwalk and just do your thing while everyone takes photos of ya. Would definitely do it again. biggrin

Oh yeh! Before the catwalk started I was quite tense about going up in front of everyone, but for some reason myself and Jorj started fighting over the kunai I was holding. It lasted about 15 minutes and by the end we were red faced and our costumes were all messed up. xD

My personal fave at the masquerade were the Katamari Cosplayers. Their costumes were so cute and wacky! >w<

Whitley wrote: "Then was the auction: the people here had TOO MUCH MONEY!! One guy bought four TOWELS, and paid £320! [EDIT: Was actually £310] Someone also bid £50 for someone to shut up till midday Sunday, and a full set of passes (press, commitee, gopher, etc.), which was the only thing I was really interested in, went for £150 (no, I didn't get it razz I didn't even get a chance to bid!)."

Mad money. xd

I would've liked one of those towels, but my budget was probably £20 at most. u_u

Haha yeh, the jPop party was awesome! Absolutely loved dancing to jpop and anime intros/outtros. Then got drunk and sent random texts to people lol.
Whitley left early again... p***y. razz

Me and Mike - HARDCORE! xDDD

Woke up quite early on the sunday as had to check out of my room by 9:30 am. Stuffed luggage into Whitley's room and when Jorj arrived she did the same.

Went to the Dealer's room for one more look and to my surprise this tiny 6 cm Chiyo plushy had actually been bought, for £17!! I really wanted it for my bag, but 17 quid! Bloody hell! o__0

Saw the tea ceremony which was done by Akemi again and this time they showed a video where these brits went on a trip to japan organised by Akemi. Gawd it looked sooooo good! ToT
They got to use katanas in a bamboo forest, fire ancient japanese guns, do kendo and they got to meet loadsa nice japanese people. Basically, they were treated like kings. One of the japanese doods even had his own friggin' island! xD

Went to the cosplay café, which was pointless seeing as I didn't even want any coffee, tea or cake and then went to watch Trinity Blood. Hmmmm, I was expecting it to be a lot more gothic and darker but it wasn't really. Whitley just hyped it up too much. And that robot guy with the monotonous voice lol, he was basically Arnie in anime form!

The Omake was pretty sweet, but was WAY too short. My fave thing was the Street Fighter sketch which can be seen HERE.

Afterwards we went to watch some Fruits Basket and myself and Jorj had to leave before the closing ceremony, which didn't sound that great from Whitley's blog anyways.

So yeh, was a really cool con, met loadsa people and cosplaying for my first time was awesome. Can't wait to do it all again. Maybe at the London Expo thingy in october... hmmm, we'll see. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:41 pm
You sure had a nice time at the con xd

And £310 for just 4 towels o_O That guy is mad!
Thats whats so horrible about auctions...the crazy bidders >_<

Now you're making me want to go to London Expo even more gonk heart

` T a p i o c a `

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:18 pm
Tokioka
Minielf
Tokioka

Well, I think the choice of university doesn't really matter that much in the end, but the choice of degree does. So what course are you going to do?

Btw, you and your girlfriend's cosplays look awesome! blaugh

Kisa: Yes, I am at Melbourne University, the best university in Australia!! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:34 pm
Minielf
Tokioka
Minielf
Tokioka

Well, I think the choice of university doesn't really matter that much in the end, but the choice of degree does. So what course are you going to do?

Btw, you and your girlfriend's cosplays look awesome! blaugh

Kisa: Yes, I am at Melbourne University, the best university in Australia!! mrgreen
The course I'm doing is a masters in chemistry that'll last 4 years. Good enough for ya, Professor Minielf? rolleyes

@Sapphire: Excellent... cool  

Tokioka

soumakisa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:25 am
wow.. cosplaying seems lots of fun... i feel like cosplaying too but im lazy.. XD
and yeah.. definitely need friends to join with but so far there hasnt been any cosplaying event here lately....

aye.. the guys must be nuts in the head to bid so much for just some towels.. o_o

@minielf: wow.. melbourne university.. impressive... what course are you taking?  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games