Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:20 pm
Holy jeebus...
I just sold an item I got out of Dumpster Dive.
It was called Norman.
It's a human item and it was creepy so I'd never have used it.
And the prices were higher than usual the day I listed it.
But I didn't expect it to actually SELL.
It sold for 129M.
I'm now 125M richer.
I don't know what to do with myself...
(Not like that amount will get jack in the current economy, but still, I think I can afford stuff from Loyal's Bazaar now, which I never expected to happen, this is so bizarre to me...)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:13 am
He's gonna take ya back to the past, to play some shitty games that sucked a**, he'd rather have, a buffalo, take a diarrhea dump in his ear! He'd rather eat, the rotten a*****e, of a road killed skunk and down it with beer! He's the angriest gamer ya ever heard! He's the angry Nintendo nerd, He's the angry Atari Sega nerd! He's the Angry Video Game Nerd!  

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:27 pm
MagicalAcidTrip
He's gonna take ya back to the past, to play some shitty games that sucked a**, he'd rather have, a buffalo, take a diarrhea dump in his ear! He'd rather eat, the rotten a*****e, of a road killed skunk and down it with beer! He's the angriest gamer ya ever heard! He's the angry Nintendo nerd, He's the angry Atari Sega nerd! He's the Angry Video Game Nerd!

I'm not sure what just happened here...
But I love your username!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:35 pm
Queen Spazzy
MagicalAcidTrip

Thank you talking cat  

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:52 pm
I've been after my beau to play Secret of Mana for AGES.
But he would never play it.
Then he watched Game Grumps play it last night.
And SUDDENLY he wants to play it!
The jerk...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:17 am
Queen Spazzy

I've never been to a salon; seemed silly to pay someone bookoo bucks for something I could do at home for half the price and still have polish left over to do it a dozen more times at least.
Plus, I don't think I could handle letting a stranger mess with my nails. ^^;
Gel nails are actually a good option if you have inherently brittle or weak nails because they don't break easily (they're also nearly impossible to chew through and, as such, a good choice to break a nail biting habit), but you have to keep going back to get gel fills and have to removed in a certain way to avoid destroying your nail beds.
There's also gel polish, which lasts WAY longer than regular polish, but it has to be cured with a UV light and taken off in a certain way as well and bottles are often smaller, so it's expensive to start out with as you have to buy the light for curing and all, but eventually evens out with normal polish since it lasts longer per mani, though I don't know how gel polish interacts with the nail bed since it's way too expensive for me to invest in a UV curing light. (Plus, I find joy in new manis.)
I only buy from stores because shipping on polish is exorbitant if you want fair insurance against bottle shattering. Plus, it's hard to tell what a polish will REALLY look like online; Sally's has real polish swatches that you can lay over your nail bed to judge the color, and most other stores have real polish swatches by the display, at least for the big name brands like OPI.
I have a tiny brush I use for art manis (a 00 synthetic bristle meant for line work in acrylics) and I actually prefer it; as an artist with a good bit of brush experience, I have more control over a full-sized paintbrush than anything else. I just gather some polish off the bottle brush and go with it, then soak in a little acetone afterwards. (I'm also ambidextrous, so that helps. ^^; )
I did a fair snowflake mani Christmas before last (my first art mani ever), my younger cousins liked it, as did my beau's auntie (who's big on make-up, far more than myself).
I don't do my nails (and especially not art manis) very often because I have genetically weak nails. Plus a fair few of them get ripped off on a regular basis when I have to break up or prevent dog fights.
(Currently I have one nail that was ripped away near my nail bed and another nail that has damage past the nail bed and will undoubtedly break off once the damage grows out a bit; I can't stand doing my nails when they're uneven, and even more I can't stand to paint my nails when they're short because I think it looks ugly. )
There are all sorts of "polish of the month" type programs out there, let me guarantee you that; I've read reviews on more than one, the Julep Maven program just happens to be the most popular because they pack high quality products in their boxes.
I thought you were a Jersey girl? owo? (Or are you visiting/on holiday...?)
I don't do book clubs because I don't get on with people much. >>;
Though I think it would be fun to do a monthly book discussion thing over in the literature sub, though I wouldn't want to limit everyone to single book because 1) people have greatly varied preferences in genres, so a limit of a single book in a single genre seems off-putting; 2) I love hearing about lots of different books so I can compile a list of possible future reads.
But I oscillate between "I WANT TO READ THE EVERYTHING" and "I have no motivation to read ANYTHING..." moods, so I'd probably be bad at something like that. ^^;

They managed to give me gels without the foil though..... just the UV
I'm not sure I want gels because they ruined my nails last time. Even now was my nails are long they're breaking terribly; they have so many cracks....
Well my small brush polishes were sh*t; they were either watery or tar.
OMG past the nail bed?! omg I feel sorry I've had that happen.
Yah I hate short nail + polish on me. I hate short nails in general.
Yah I was on holiday. Got back last night. What did I miss on the beach party?
Probably some grants stare
Psch. I hate the thought of book clubs.
I was in creative writing this year and we could submit work for this art festival thingy and it would get reviewed by someone. Turn out the lady was soooooo book club-ish; we never read ur work outloud and others were supposed to supply criticisms and comments????? question question question question
Yah pretty much the same with me.

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:18 am
MagicalAcidTrip
Queen Spazzy
MagicalAcidTrip

Thank you talking cat

Omg I love your username too!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:22 am
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
It's okay!
I'm glad you have the photos. I have a lot of photos of my old cat, Noel.
It brings back nostalgic feelings when I see them and I still miss her even though she's been gone over two years (?).

I didn't take many photos of him so I was super excited when my bestie said she had a batch.
And it actually really helps to know that I'm not the only one that misses a pet so long after their death.
Probably it wouldn't be so bad if I had another cat at home, but instead we have four dogs. ^^;
My mum would probably choke me if I tried to bring another cat home. >>;
While she likes cats well enough, she prefers dogs.
And I'm not sure Daisy, our bloodhound mix, would get on with cats, I've yet to test her with them.
But she doesn't get on so well with our bassets so I worry she'd not much be fond of cats.

yah don't worry; a lot of people are like that.
I wish you could have cats. If you ever come to visit my one cat, Buddy, is very affectionate.

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:24 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
They managed to give me gels without the foil though..... just the UV
I'm not sure I want gels because they ruined my nails last time. Even now was my nails are long they're breaking terribly; they have so many cracks....
Well my small brush polishes were sh*t; they were either watery or tar.
OMG past the nail bed?! omg I feel sorry I've had that happen.
Yah I hate short nail + polish on me. I hate short nails in general.
Yah I was on holiday. Got back last night. What did I miss on the beach party?
Probably some grants stare
Psch. I hate the thought of book clubs.
I was in creative writing this year and we could submit work for this art festival thingy and it would get reviewed by someone. Turn out the lady was soooooo book club-ish; we never read ur work outloud and others were supposed to supply criticisms and comments????? question question question question
Yah pretty much the same with me.

All I know about gels I've learned from the internet.
I followed a blog for a while and the writer had inherently weak nails so she had gel nails instead of her natural nails.
I don't use stripers, I have an actual paintbrush, size 00 (a liner brush), I just use it with my regular polishes.
You could also do a tape mani, instead, if it was something with straight lines, just have to make sure your base is properly dry first. (Some people say if you're not sure, just let your base alone for an entire day and then do your tape colors.)
Pfft, I've yet to get jack all from the beach 'party', there hasn't even been an announcement on it since the stupid thing ended.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:25 pm
Queen Spazzy

All I know about gels I've learned from the internet.
I followed a blog for a while and the writer had inherently weak nails so she had gel nails instead of her natural nails.
I don't use stripers, I have an actual paintbrush, size 00 (a liner brush), I just use it with my regular polishes.
You could also do a tape mani, instead, if it was something with straight lines, just have to make sure your base is properly dry first. (Some people say if you're not sure, just let your base alone for an entire day and then do your tape colors.)
Pfft, I've yet to get jack all from the beach 'party', there hasn't even been an announcement on it since the stupid thing ended.

I might have to do something for my nails; they're so weak it's crazy!
I've heard of the tape before.
Guess I didn't miss much?

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:28 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
I didn't take many photos of him so I was super excited when my bestie said she had a batch.
And it actually really helps to know that I'm not the only one that misses a pet so long after their death.
Probably it wouldn't be so bad if I had another cat at home, but instead we have four dogs. ^^;
My mum would probably choke me if I tried to bring another cat home. >>;
While she likes cats well enough, she prefers dogs.
And I'm not sure Daisy, our bloodhound mix, would get on with cats, I've yet to test her with them.
But she doesn't get on so well with our bassets so I worry she'd not much be fond of cats.

yah don't worry; a lot of people are like that.
I wish you could have cats. If you ever come to visit my one cat, Buddy, is very affectionate.

Not going to lie, I want to visit now, haha~
I do have cats, two, my twin terrors, they're blondie kitties, but they live with my beau's parents since I'm not allowed to keep cats at home, and I don't see them often.
Shima is a daddy's boy and hates me most of the time, but I'm the only person Kiiro truly loves.
I have a picture of him being a derp last time I visited, I'll try to toss it up in a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:42 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I might have to do something for my nails; they're so weak it's crazy!
I've heard of the tape before.
Guess I didn't miss much?

Have you tried olive oil?
Or milk and honey?
I've heard they're both good for people with weak nails.
You could also try increasing your protein intake.
My nails get really brittle if I don't consume enough protein.
And nope, missed a crap ton of spam for a "weekend sale" but that's it, really.
Oh, and they've created a couple more gold generators in your absence.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:45 pm
User Image
"I liek shoez."
This is my derpy asscat, Kiiro.
He's momma's boy, he likes to nap with me. cat_xd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:29 pm
Queen Spazzy

Have you tried olive oil?
Or milk and honey?
I've heard they're both good for people with weak nails.
You could also try increasing your protein intake.
My nails get really brittle if I don't consume enough protein.
And nope, missed a crap ton of spam for a "weekend sale" but that's it, really.
Oh, and they've created a couple more gold generators in your absence.

I actually read online that you can soak your nails in gelatin. Tried that. Maybe did something, maybe didn't....
I pretty much eat nothing but chicken during school. I also have veggies every night.
I'm going to a dermatologist soon so I can ask if I can get any other help.
good because I'm obsessed with freebies. xp
So I've noticed stare ...

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:30 pm
Queen Spazzy

ZOMG I LOVE YOUR SHOE-LOVING-DERP-CAT!

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games