Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25904 25905 25906 25907 25908 25909 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:27 pm

If anyone who sees this plays New Leaf and happens to have extra gyroids or fishing tourney furniture, I want them. I could buy them.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:44 pm

16-bit Jazzy
I wanna say it had a better selection of awesome games than the Wii did. Like slightly better at least

(this is if we're just talking about the games you buy at retail, not on the Wii Shop Channel).

Actually, the more I think about this, I dunno.

The GameCube isn't necessarily better for its selection. That's a matter of opinion. I'm just a sucker for the Pokemon games on it, Paper Mario TTYD, Wind Waker and the original Animal Crossing.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:56 pm

I prefer the superior load times, the comfortable controller, and the inclusion of Link in SC2.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:32 pm

yeah i never thought about it but providing teh disc was flawless the GC did have decent load times given its hardware. and i got some used games for it that, at a glance you'd say, "that s**t will never play" but by some miracle the GC could pull it off from time to time. i need to get one again to play my GC stuff on. kinda sad they dont make some kind of GC emu for Wiiu and sell it. but then again their hit classics are getting modern remakes in most cases xP.

Xilo The Odd

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:47 pm

I think the original Animal Crossing might be my all-time favorite game... if not, then one of them. Yeah, they improved some things, but they also changed some things that I preferred the old way.

The sad thing is, the GameCube clock only goes up to 2030 (and who knows whether GameCubes and Wiis will generally still work by then). It also requires slot A and slot B and memory cards and you'd want a port for GameCube controllers and for the GBA cable so you can go to the island... which means I might not always be able to play it. *sigh* And I doubt they'd remake it. They'll just keep making new, more complex ACs.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:19 pm

yeah i think new leaf will be my last one. i mean unless they can find a way to make more multiplayer stuff to do than they did on new leaf maybe but beyond that i dunno. i havnt touch NL in awhile. last time i think the game randomly turned off cause i didn't see my battery light goin. so when i come back i get a ear torn off by resetti tyson. meh.

Xilo The Odd

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:27 pm

They could make a MMO Animal Crossing or something.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Resetti Tyson xd

Just lie and say you don't remember how it turned off and he'll go away.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:43 am

http://the-toast.net/2014/04/02/on-being-a-female-gamer/view-all/
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:11 pm

16-bit Jazzy

This is a good article.

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:33 pm

3nodding
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:33 pm

16-bit Jazzy

I feel like a bad feminist that I never really cared that much about always picking the girl if the choice was given or if the lead character was male/female. I just want a good gaming experience, I don't need to really nitpick.

astrophe

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:54 pm

astrophe
16-bit Jazzy

I feel like a bad feminist that I never really cared that much about always picking the girl if the choice was given or if the lead character was male/female. I just want a good gaming experience, I don't need to really nitpick.

I mostly feel the same, but it's still neat to read about her perspective, and I can totally sympathize with it. Still, as a kid I always played as male characters because I thought they were more appealing, and that didn't bother me. Of course, Peach and Amy Rose were generally my only female options, and honestly I find them to be kind of boring characters. Or I did. Peach has gotten more personality since the early N64/Game Boy era, starting with Paper Mario.

And it IS awesome when she can float. She is the best SMB2 character, I don't care what Fish anyone has to say. ninja

Anyway things like this have started to bother me more in the past couple of years. Half the world is female, so there really should be more representation there. And none of these characters whose only personality trait is that they are female and that they have a pink bow.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:49 pm

WHITE MALES ONLY
NO ITEMS
FINAL DESTINATION

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:56 pm

(and black scottish males)
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25904 25905 25906 25907 25908 25909 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games