Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I actually read online that you can soak your nails in gelatin. Tried that. Maybe did something, maybe didn't....
I pretty much eat nothing but chicken during school. I also have veggies every night.
I'm going to a dermatologist soon so I can ask if I can get any other help.
good because I'm obsessed with freebies. xp
So I've noticed stare ...

Yeah, gelatin is chemically similar to hair and nails.
Your nails could also be suffering from lack of moisture; if you don't have an aversion to sleeping in mittens or gloves, using lotion before bed and sleeping with something covering your hands is supposed to help more than just using lotion. If you do have an aversion (like me!), just moisturize a few times a day or every time your hands contact water; water is surprisingly drying.
I don't know if there's an inherent difference between plant and meat proteins or not... I just suggest it because I have a lot of trouble with deficiencies since I'm veg.
Oh! Since you said the freebie word, there are a couple grants from the 4th! Click and click! One is for humans, the other is for animals.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:59 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

ZOMG I LOVE YOUR SHOE-LOVING-DERP-CAT!

Hehe, thank you~
He is a unique cat.
He's a total butthole to everyone but me and he relishes in it.
But he's my baby, though.
Can't leave him with his brother in a room alone with toilet paper, though...
They don't destroy it, but they hate it being on the roll, so Kiiro will unwind it all and Shima will make a nest out of it and sleep on it. .___.
And Kiiro thoroughly despises closed doors, especially when he knows there are people behind them.
He likes trying to claw down my beau's bedroom door at ungodly hours. >>;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:22 pm
GAAAAHHH!!! Holy crap! I'm hating Roblox even more now! Once again, they're pulling yet another illegal stunt! Just because I didn't finish one little requirement to remove the account connection thing from last time, doesn't give them the right to go in, delete my account and wipe my entire laptop clean WITHOUT me knowing OR my consent! What total Dirtbags! Grrr! stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:45 pm
Are you sure it was them?
I mean, yeah, the last thing they did was kinda low, but...
I don't know, we're talking about your hard drive, right?
I can't imagine the company actually having anything to do with that, how would that be of any benefit?
Could there be an exploit in their program or could you have picked up a virus?
Also, if your laptop and/or hard drive have any fair amount of age on them, it could simply be hardware failure...
(And actually they DO reserve the right to delete any account they want for any or no reason at all, that will be in their terms somewhere, undoubtedly, it's just not good business practice to delete accounts willy-nilly.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Queen Spazzy

Hehe, thank you~
He is a unique cat.
They don't destroy it, but they hate it being on the roll, so Kiiro will unwind it all and Shima will make a nest out of it and sleep on it. .___.
And Kiiro thoroughly despises closed doors, especially when he knows there are people behind them.

Yah my cat, Emma, drives us all mad;
the one night my sister was at a sleepover, she meowed ENDLESSLY and clawed at my door.
All. Night.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:25 pm
WOAH wiping your entire laptop?!

That HAS to be illegal!

Edit: My brother (he's a hacker but he hacks for good and knows a lot about programming) has no idea how they could wipe your laptop, but it's 100% illegal. You probably have ground for suing on top of everything else illegal they're doing.

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

Hehe, thank you~
He is a unique cat.

Yah my cat, Emma, drives us all mad;
the one night my sister was at a sleepover, she meowed ENDLESSLY and clawed at my door.
All. Night.

I wake up when my cat claws at the door, so I let him in with us.
Usually when I stay over I just leave the door open and that appeases him.
Until he decides he should bug my beau's parents, who keep the older cats in their room away from my terrors.
Mostly to protect my terrors because the old cats can, and WOULD, kick their butts. >>;

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:11 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge

That HAS to be illegal!

Edit: My brother (he's a hacker but he hacks for good and knows a lot about programming) has no idea how they could wipe your laptop, but it's 100% illegal. You probably have ground for suing on top of everything else illegal they're doing.

Collecting personally identifiable information is far from illegal.
In fact, when you use a service (site), you agree to allow them to collect and use any information you make available to them.
If you connect your Facebook account to something, anything you have made available through that service is now fair game to the other service, it's in the terms.
If you connect your account to another person's account, they can use the relationship to infer other information about you, and any information available through the other account is ALSO fair game, and you agree to let them do all this simply by making the connection.
Often they collect this information only to provide better service to you (Like with online shopping, they save your information so you don't have to put it in every single time you make a purchase, or to personalize recommendations), but sometimes they share your information with third parties for marketing, you should always read privacy policies to be sure they're not going to sell your information.
And I still rather sincerely doubt the actual company had anything to do with wiping her hard drive.
I also rather sincerely doubt suing would be a viable option, terms have a clause of indemnity, and often a clause that, provided you don't send the company a letter within sixty days to opt out, say you agree to arbitration as opposed to taking things to actual court. AND you agree to do all legal procedures in the company's jurisdiction of choice and you have to pay your own way.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:15 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

That HAS to be illegal!

Collecting personally identifiable information is far from illegal.
In fact, when you use a service (site), you agree to allow them to collect and use any information you make available to them.
If you connect your Facebook account to something, anything you have made available through that service is now fair game to the other service, it's in the terms.
If you connect your account to another person's account, they can use the relationship to infer other information about you, and any information available through the other account is ALSO fair game, and you agree to let them do all this simply by making the connection.
Often they collect this information only to provide better service to you (Like with online shopping, they save your information so you don't have to put it in every single time you make a purchase, or to personalize recommendations), but sometimes they share your information with third parties for marketing, you should always read privacy policies to be sure they're not going to sell your information.
And I still rather sincerely doubt the actual company had anything to do with wiping her hard drive.
I also rather sincerely doubt suing would be a viable option, terms have a clause of indemnity, and often a clause that, provided you don't send the company a letter within sixty days to opt out, say you agree to arbitration as opposed to taking things to actual court. AND you agree to do all legal procedures in the company's jurisdiction of choice and you have to pay your own way.

Ug I don't like this stuff stressed
I forget which you told me (maybe both?)
Apple had a number to call to get a million dollars in their terms of service and it took, what, two years for someone to call?
And Apple says in their terms of service that you can't use their products to launch nuclear weapons...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:56 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Ug I don't like this stuff stressed
I forget which you told me (maybe both?)
Apple had a number to call to get a million dollars in their terms of service and it took, what, two years for someone to call?
And Apple says in their terms of service that you can't use their products to launch nuclear weapons...

I've spent most of my life culling an understanding of terms of service, privacy policies, and various legalese; this stuff is meant to be complicated and unlikable.
Video games and consoles all have clauses that say something along the lines of "don't use this to make weapons or harm other humans."
Any GPS service collects the information on everywhere the device goes while it's on and sends it back to the manufacturing company.
If you use Google Maps the 'proper' way on a mobile device, it continuously collects information on your location and sends it back to Google servers, where they store the information indefinitely.
(The improper way is how I do it; I never agreed to their terms on location tracking! I'm super paranoid. >>; )
Windows operating systems have terms on first boot and setup that say you can choose only one localization for your system and you can't change it again later.
And a lot of software expressly prohibit transport to certain areas of the world.
You can be locked up abroad for access history to certain things and information stored on a device you traveled with. (Leave your laptops at home, folks!)
There's all sorts of wacky stuff in terms if you take time to read some of them.
Sometimes it's tedious, but I find some of the terms comedic.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:46 pm
Queen Spazzy

I've spent most of my life culling an understanding of terms of service, privacy policies, and various legalese; this stuff is meant to be complicated and unlikable.
Video games and consoles all have clauses that say something along the lines of "don't use this to make weapons or harm other humans."
Any GPS service collects the information on everywhere the device goes while it's on and sends it back to the manufacturing company.
If you use Google Maps the 'proper' way on a mobile device, it continuously collects information on your location and sends it back to Google servers, where they store the information indefinitely.
(The improper way is how I do it; I never agreed to their terms on location tracking! I'm super paranoid. >>; )
Windows operating systems have terms on first boot and setup that say you can choose only one localization for your system and you can't change it again later.
And a lot of software expressly prohibit transport to certain areas of the world.
You can be locked up abroad for access history to certain things and information stored on a device you traveled with. (Leave your laptops at home, folks!)
There's all sorts of wacky stuff in terms if you take time to read some of them.

Yikes, you must have a trip reading this stuff.... eek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:59 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

Yikes, you must have a trip reading this stuff.... eek

I like being careful first and foremost, but I can often be found laughing at terms.
I have too much time on my hands. >>;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:13 pm
Pretty rainbows o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:55 pm
MagicalAcidTrip
Pretty rainbows o.o

User Image

saw one of these on my way back from PA. (though mine was much smaller)
They're called fire rainbow clouds.
Clouds have to be 20,000 ft up and the sunlight has to hit the ice crystals at 58 degreese exactly.
They're the rarest natural occurance and I DIDN'T GET A PICTURE OF IT BECAUSE MY GRANDPARENTS WOULDN'T PULL THE CAR OVER scream scream scream scream scream scream scream emo

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:56 pm
OMG THE AC COMING OUT OF MY VENT STINKS ITSMELLSLIKESOMETHINGDIED!!!! gonk gonk gonk

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games