Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25919 25920 25921 25922 25923 25924 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:59 pm

I don't play fighting games for just the characters, but since Smash is all mbout great characters, I think it would be odd to see someone who didn't already have a big fanbase get into Smash. So, if SoulCalibur or whatever series doesn't have the most appealing characters, thEY probably won't be in. Or so I believe.

That said, I think great, unique fighting games (ones that aren't just traditional, but maybe 3D arena ones and so on) just tend to have awesome characters because they suit the awesome gameplay better than like... stoic Asian martial artist #78284 or martial artist with animal features #8747. That doesn't mean it works the other way around. I think Persona 4 Arena and Marvel Vs. Capcom have great characters but I can't get into the gameplay. That's obviously just me though. I'm a lover, not a fighter :p
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:01 pm

If there are no weapons in a fighting game whatsoever, then something is wrong. The best kinds of weapons are just ones you can pick up from the stage and use temporarily.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:03 pm

I wish Capcom would rerelease Power Stone for modern home consoles. 1 and 2.

The PSP version apparently sucks. And it would. This game needs to be on a tv on a system with multiple controllers.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Jarogue
Also if you came for a fighting game for only the characters then you maybe playing for the wrong reason.
Sakurai has straight-up stated he doesn't want to add fighting game characters because then you'd just expect their moves to be the ones from whatever game they were in first. I doubt we'll see any Soul Calibur or Street Fighter characters.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:36 pm

aaaAAAAAAA FIGHTING GAMES!

Anyway Starfox Assault seem fun but I wonder why lock on on locks on to one ship now. Also I think I should try Kirby Airride now.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:55 pm

Jarogue

Anyway Starfox Assault seem fun but I wonder why lock on on locks on to one ship now. Also I think I should try Kirby Airride now.

The reason people like Kirby Air Ride, I THINK is mostly because of the multiplayer - specifically City Trial mode.

I don't have it so I can't say if the rest of the game is fun, but City Trial is neat and I'm so excited that Smash 4 3DS will draw inspiration from it.

Anyone here have opinions about the rest of the game? It's a mystery to me.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:07 pm

Jarogue

You should. But the only good mode is City Trial and you need to play it with friends. It's fantastic.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:20 pm

The controls are beating me but it seems fun and a lot better then Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. I can see why people want a sequel for it. I just wish tilting wasn't the way you do a basic attack.

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:35 pm

dicks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:52 pm

My potfolio is submitted. My application is completed.

Now comes the waiting.

I've already got a pretty appealing plan B in mind if I don't make it, and that one is well within my grasp. In fact, from a financial standpoint, it is way more appealing, but in a "I am almost 23 and just want to get my life started" sort of way, not so much.

If all else fails I can do a fine arts certificate and bolster my portfolio next year. Then I can try to apply straight into whatever program I want. My stuff would have to be good, I think, but I believe I'd be fine.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:13 am

Another tempting shirt today http://shirt.woot.com/offers/a-strange-country

There's also this one http://www.fangamer.net/products/sector-z
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:31 am

kegan y u awake

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:34 am

Immerrrrse your sooooouuuul in looooooooooooooove
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:45 am

Because my brain is still wired from all the thinking I did today.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:49 am

I got inspired at the last minute and made this for my portfolio, because ti was very much lacking in 2D artwork http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q279/FFXIsKegan/youonlydieonce_zps4c9f64b0.jpg There are some things I'd change about it now, but it's a little late. I missed out, for example, on having rocks in front of the fire, so there could be cast shadows, but that is probably for the best, they'd have to be on the right side, in order to follow the like... line of eye movement I established, and its way too crowded there as is.

So yeah.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25919 25920 25921 25922 25923 25924 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games