Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25932 25933 25934 25935 25936 25937 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:50 am

y would u make a b*****b face 4 figuring out GoT?

so random
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:04 am

Out of 29 characters in Mario Kart 8, 13 are light weights.

I can understand adding metal characters to pad the heavies, who come in at 9 with the two meta clones, but King Boo just had his second major villain role after Mario Kart 7. Why would they keep him out?

Unless they didn't. I propose that their are, perhaps 8 unrevealed characters in Mario Kart 8, because I don't want to believe that Nintendo is dumb and arbitrary. Medium weight Diddy and Dixie would bring the medium weights up to 11, and there could be other characters in that weight class, like E-gad. Or I dunno. BOWSER JUNIOR? BIRDO?

I'm not certain if Dry Bowser will be back, because there are bones in one level that look just like him, but there are giant wigglers in Mario Kart 7, so I wouldn't count him out. Petey Piranha and King Boo sound like good choices.

Or maybe they've spilled all the beans already. Gee that would be dumb.

Of course, if they're gonna expand the roster at all, I'm thinking the most likely numbers will be 5 more, 6 more, or 12 more. Some of those would probably be alternate mii outfits or something. I say this because the roster is currently 5x6. If I recall correctly, in Mario Kart wii, there were no "?" characters on the roster until you started unlocking characters, at which point the dimensions of the roster would start changing.

I propose that as also a possible reason for the roster seeming so disorganized. Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario aren't adjacent because luigi's metal variant is missing from the roster? But then again, there's so many other things weird about it. Like the placement of the light weight characters.

Also, no feather, mid light or cruiser weight class anymore. Wahhh.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:17 am

IT'S A COOL FACE GOD DAMN IT
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:31 am

I'm pretty disappointed with the roster, yeah. Does anyone ******** care about babies? Add interesting characters instead of baby versions of characters we already have. And Pink Gold Peach is just retarded. There are SO many characters in the Mario franchise they could have added instead, not to mention more DK characters. Yesterday I was telling Fish that they should have added characters from the Mario RPG games or something and he was like, yeah, pretty much anyone would be better than baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach. They just pulled those right out of their asses.

At this point they should try adding special characters like Pacman or Captain Falcon or something. Like just one or two. Not Super Smash Kart or anything. Or again, more Kongs or existing cool Mario characters, of which there are a lot.

Another issue is that all of the female characters are kinda lame. You got princesses, baby princess or Wendy, the koopa brother who is a girl. The Mario series in general needs better female characters, I guess. Paper Mario at least had some rad ones. Bring them back! Who wouldn't pick Ms. Mowz over Baby Rosalina?

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:04 am

Ms. Mowz would be rad. She wouldn't even have to be paper-ized. She's one of the characters that would translate well, unlike the ghost girl or the cloud lady.
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:42 am

In other news, I finally got Kid Cat, my Animal Crossing soulmate, from someone on reddit. I wonder if he'd still come to my birthday party if his is on the same day. Or whether he'll acknowledge that we have the same birthday at all.

I recently got Lolly and Merengue just from my campsite too, and they're adorable. Basically I'm finally completely satisfied with my 10 villagers and hopefully none of them will ever leave.

I'm also satisfied with my house. aside from wanting a birthday cake and a jacuzzi to put in there, and more villager pics. The only thing really left to (re)work on is the town itself. God, why must people be so stingy about requesting public works projects?

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:20 am

I'm probably going to pass on Mario Kart 8 and Kirby, at least until I get a summer job.

I'm just not that excited for them. MK8 has cool things, but it also has dumb or uninnovative things, and I can't say I'm tired of MK7 just yet anyway. Plus, I know people who would lend me their retail copies of Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker HD. With the kind of money I have now, I can't buy a 60$ game unless I'm super pumped for it.

Kirby will be awesome, I'm sure, but it's Kirby so it'll be over in like 2 seconds. And the multiplayer mode just looks okay. I love Kirby, but it's hard to get SUPER excited for just another Kirby game. It's not Air Ride 2. razz

Tomodachi Life will probably be my day 1 purchase sweatdrop Oh man, I'm already having fun imitating the voices. Alone. To myself.

Also Smash 3DS. Whenever that comes out.
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:05 pm

yeah i think im gonna pass on kibry as well. it looks really good but my all time fav will still be 64.

Mario Kart 8 does have some neat thing in it though, and with no MK game anymore it'll be a nice fix.

and i can send people vids of races i've done and go LOOOOOOK AT THE FOOOOTAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:35 pm

I want kirby, but my philosophy is that there is no expiration date on great single player games. I usually only buy stuff at launch if I am reeeeally looking forward to online parts. Like, if it would rob a lot of the fun from the experience if I waited until noone I knew was playing to get it.

Mario Kart 8 I want for the online and because everyone in my family plays it.
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:32 pm

I BEAT THAT CUP IN F-ZERO GX HOLY I GOT 2ND PLACE EVEN

THIS IS ON NOVICE MODE BUT NOVICE MODE ON F-ZERO GX IS LIKE HARD MODE IN NORMAL GAMES OK

I can't believe I actually finished Mute City: Serial Gaps without falling off, three laps in a row. ;_; Cuz you see, if you go off course, you don't get lifted back up like in Mario Kart. You just lose a life. You only have 5 lives and have to do 5 courses and it's really ridiculously hard not to fall off of that course ToT

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:51 pm

Not sure if I want to get Mario Kart 8 on the Eshop and get 6 dollars worth of digital deluxe credit,(Which isn't super useful, because you can only redeem five at a time, but I'm getting close to five right now anyway.) or if I want to preorder it at best buy and get a 10 dollar master card thing.

The ten dollars is more, yes, but having the game installed on the WiiU's HDD would also be convenient. Plus I'm not sure if Best buy does release day delivery, so there might be some gas expense involved, going to pick it up, because I'm impatient.
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:35 pm

i think the 6$ is probably a better deal. no worries about stock on the shelves and digital data doesnt scratch or get broken. only backed up and saved to your account.

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:25 pm

I'm pretty sure eShop games are still tied to your system.
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:19 am

It is, but Nintendo can move all your purchases over if you call them

astrophe

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:52 am

Why no one tell me to hire Prince Marth (the original) in FEA? He's awesome. He's even better than Roy. And he LOOKS like himself.

I could get Ike as well but it already feels slightly cheap and I can't have these OP characters hogging the experience. Still, better to have Roy and Marth on my team than to have to do all the Paralogues and sheet. I just want to do the story because I'm lazy. ^w^

Also I JUST realized there was a streetpass feature xd
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25932 25933 25934 25935 25936 25937 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games