Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:37 pm
I'm rather fond of vampires, but in anime, books, and other -fictional- works. I squee over twilight, I brood with 'Interview with a Vampire', and I've read all the Cirque du Freak.
Role playing them is fun, too, but I've never really taken anything outside of fiction. There's too many different kinds of legends, different kinds of vampires, to anyone to actually be one. It's kind of sad if people really think they are one. If someone ever told me they were one, I'd ask which legend they were following. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:54 pm
Hmmm . . . needs more ideas.  

Gale OverDrive

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:04 pm
so far, i think most people have gotten it right...a little. if there were vampires, let's say, it would technically just be a virus. spread from victim to victim through a need to drink blood, the virus would cause the body to be over-sensitive to ultraviolet and other silly things like garlic. crosses and holy water could possibly work, but i think that part's just hard to prove with science. you also have to take into account that some lore says you must drink the blood of a vampire as well as them drink yours (hm...delicious bad grammar) for you to become a vampire as well.
those followed by many many many (maybe a couple more 'many's) more reasons are just ways that vampirism can be explained logically and/or scientifically. i think that it would be possible to create a disease that mostly turns humans into vampires. now all we need to see to is werewolves, zombies, and mummies...then we'll have the whole gang together!  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:28 am
And I will smack upside the head each and every one. :'?  

Tanakietsu

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:26 am
Nay. I did my time with vampires. Even tried to convert them to being a higher, dark elf/Melnibonean style race with potential to conquer the world. But now I see that vampires are for silly buggers.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:44 am
HephaestusOS
a friend of mine went around today telling everybody he's a vampire and pretending that he was the Kind of Darkness. he did the crazy/cliche emo thing where they have long hair in their eyes, but they keep brushing it away. he got really pissed when people got near him and he always stuck to the shadows. it was seriously hilarious.

but that story is creepy. no doubts.

EDIT: i also had a VERY long conversation with somebody about why vampires can't have children. it ended up with me explaining the human reproductive system and them getting really pissed and storming off. it was really hilarious.
and then i just made fun of them for reading twilight. but you know how THAT goes.

Because Vampires cant get it up due to being technically dead and having no blood flow?  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:46 am
Impotency, God's way of telling vampires "No".  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:56 am
HephaestusOS
so far, i think most people have gotten it right...a little. if there were vampires, let's say, it would technically just be a virus. spread from victim to victim through a need to drink blood, the virus would cause the body to be over-sensitive to ultraviolet and other silly things like garlic. crosses and holy water could possibly work, but i think that part's just hard to prove with science. you also have to take into account that some lore says you must drink the blood of a vampire as well as them drink yours (hm...delicious bad grammar) for you to become a vampire as well.
those followed by many many many (maybe a couple more 'many's) more reasons are just ways that vampirism can be explained logically and/or scientifically. i think that it would be possible to create a disease that mostly turns humans into vampires. now all we need to see to is werewolves, zombies, and mummies...then we'll have the whole gang together!

Wow......I never thought of it like that.... You've probably watched I Am Legend huh?  

BlackCandy705

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:36 pm
Vampirism could also be possible (thought not probable) through supernatural means, eliminating the need for logical sense or scientific proof. Of course, that's pretty far off the deep end.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:09 pm
Ok tana san, looks like we're gonna have to lay the oops upside your head on pretty much everyone. Make sure you have lots of hand renewal cream.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Cobalt

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:20 pm
Huh. What an interesting conversation.

I wish I had time to read the whole thing so I can comment, but I don't. 11 more days!!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:30 pm
I've got a new shipment of "reality check" coming in later this afternoon (like 13:00).

Cobalt! *hugs rampantly*

Tanakietsu

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:42 pm
sorry for the giant ramble. i seem to have this conversation a lot, though.
whether through mystical devices or scientific reasoning, there's always a way to explain something. i prefer to think of it in the scientific way. there's always a further reason to "why?" in my mind.
and yes...i have seen i am legend. it was way better than the book. by far. and i've heard theories that the people in it are rage zombies and not vampires. which i agree with. because vampires are more human than that. zombies aren't.
vampires with blood flow = maybe. very likely.
reason for no babies = just like tana said. "no." we don't want any stupid half-vampire chillins hangin' around the crypt.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:06 pm
My reasoning is that there are a lot of stupid people in the world and only so many times you can b***h slap them before they start crying.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

BlackCandy705

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:06 pm
I wasn't suggesting that the weird things in I Am Legend were vamps. I was just saying that, okay, they had a disease that turned them into those....things, much like what you described about vampirism.

Though they could be mistaken for vampires if you think about it. They were sensitive to sunlight and could smell blood easily (the trap he set). Yes they ate animals, but animals have a lot of blood in them....And that deer they caught wasn't ripped apart or anything, it was just all bloody, which could mean they just wanted it for the blood. But they probably just wanted to kill it.
And how would you know how 'human' a vampire was? Unless you are one or have met one, you wouldn't. Maybe they were early vampires. Y'know, like they had cavemans as 'early humans'. Maybe those things were caveman vampires. And they were getting smarter, so they could have a good chance of becoming 'proper' vamps. But as for babies....no.

You say you like to explain things with science right? So, does that mean you would believe in the "Evolution of Man" more than like, God and stuff? (I mean no offense to anyone or to you. Just a simple question.)

You don't have to be sorry for your opinions on the whole vampire thing. I thought it was rather intriguing. I like having interesting conversations with others. This actually gets me excited. It gives me a chance to see another person's view on this. ^.^

LOLOLOL. And this all started because Tana smacked someone upside the head. LOLOL

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games