Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissKimmers

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:18 pm
Hi, I'm Sporky! I'm 18 and have been into making things with my hands for as long as I can remember. I'm one of those messy crafters though (love to spread all my stuff around me on the floor, so there ends up this little doughnut shape of bits and pieces with me perched in the middle!), so it's always driven mum and others that I've lived with completely nuts! I love sewing, and got my own machine for my last birthday (score!) - currently I have plans to make a cute little poppet of my own. I also sew clothes and resize/revamp stuff I've bought. I just started getting into printing designs onto clothes as well, which I love love love doing. And I enjoy - yes, another one! - making miniatures and charms with Sculpey. Because I'm in Australia, it's really expensive though.

Crafting has taken a bit of a back seat for me lately as I work part time and am doing uni full time, but just recently got a job closer to home so I will have more of a chance (no commute!!!!!!) to do creative things.

Clearly I am a talker, so feel free to have a chat with me any time. Oh yeah, I'm 18 (did I already say that?), Australian, am studying Psychology and work as a creche manager.  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:32 pm
Hello I am Periwinkle 5. I have been into miniatures since I was very small. I create miniature teddy bears under 5-6 inches tall. I am learning to wood carve. I think one of my strengths is I will try any medium at least once. I love most all of them My weekness is I expect myself to learn asap and am disappointed in myself when I don't create something awesome right from the start.  

Periwinkle5

xXbite_sizeXx

4,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:01 am
Hi, I'm Bitesize, and I'm from the US. I turn 20 in a few weeks.
I've been into crafting since... I came out of the womb. Almost literally. I started building doll furniture and clothes when I was four. My barbies had the most pimped out stuff ever. My mom has her degree in fine arts, so she's always been really big on doing creative things in our house, she got me into everything.
My specialty is really drawing. Which is NOT 3D art, I realize, but I'm getting into working with clay. I like felt, too. A lot. And I make clothing, I don't know if that's considered an art. It should be.
I don't have anything with photos, yet, especially since I tend to give stuff away as soon as I make it. I'll try to start taking photographs of what I do.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:44 pm
Hello people! My name is Rachel, and I'm from Texas. I've been doing art in general since I was a small child (my parents are both artists). I started out with drawing, but got into sewing because I decided that I needed a large quantity of fuzzy hats. Lately I've been dabbling in ceramics, jewlery making and actual sewing. I don't have a link to my work, since most of it is pretty functional and I use/wear it.  

SonnetsAndUnrealities

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:12 pm
I'm nikki, i'm on the east coast of the usa.i've been doing crafts since i was little, and i sew, i make jewlery, knitting, crocheting, etc. i used to do some ceramic/clay stuff but i dont anymore. i also draw and paint and do photomanipulation.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:15 pm
*Timidly waves* Hi there, I'm Lost. Anyways, I'm 19 years of age and I happen to live in the great, stinking sweat pit of California in the USA. Yeah, it's not all 90210 or Beverly Hills, but it works and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world...except maybe a never-ending supply of Sculpy III....

And that would be because I work with the medium of polymer clay! I use Sculpy III and occassionally (rarely, only two colors of) Premo (Umm, fancy Sculpy). I'm not profoundly great at it or anything, but I try. I've been making charms and such, keeping to a small scale for now. I was inspired by Chat-Noir and basically taught myself how to work with clay off of her tutorials.

Well, I don't have any pictures of my craft up at the moment, but my deviantart account is as such: Piph. Feel free to visit...Though, I just have drawings and photographs of nature up. Soon I hope to get some other works up!

Oh! I've also done roughly 7 to 8 years of study doing origami, so yeah, I guess I do that too....It kept me entertained during detention and when my mom took all my toys away. Also helps recycle returned school papers that have already been graded. biggrin  

Audtism

O.G. Elder

Zantiga

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:48 pm
Hey, Im Zanti. Im a 19 year old art student from The U.S. I am in an art college called The Art Institute of Las Vegas. Ive always been pretty artistic and I started sculpting seriously only recently, but Ive been messing with clay since I was a kid. I got my first pottery wheel a million and a half years ago. It was battery powered and spooty. razz During high school I joined an art club where I made stuff that wasnt worth keeping. Even though Im mostly a 2D artist, I work with sculpy now. Ive always wanted to be able to reach in and touch my work, and sculpting gives me the medium to do so biggrin

My recent projects: Ive done a few projects for class so far. An eye, and ear, a nose, and a mouth. I dont have links to them yet, but I plan to put them up on a deviant art account soon. Im going to make some charms tonight. In Vegas we have First Friday (donno if its anywhere else) and its the First Friday of the month all local artists gather and sell and buy other artists stuff. I plan to put some stuff up for sale there.

My current project: Aside from charms, Im working on a full body sculture of my gaia character for a midterm. I also have to work on my final, which I think May be the death scene between Father Anderson and the bishop guy, in Hellsing. I dont know yet.

Thats a bit about me ^^  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:31 am
Hello, I'm Tiago, I live in Portugal, I'm 18 years old.
Since young I loved playing with Lego, but that wasn't the only construction device around: I also managed to make some dumb figures with wood and nails.
So crazy~~
I'm in a design college right now... I'm not very satisfied though. I tried in my life to be in every corner of Arts. I'm trying to be a good drawer, I'd love to be a concept artist or a comic book artist. In the digital area, I love illustrating and I even worked in 3D software, too. The only thing I don't like is probably architecture mad
Recently I found out again my love for modelling, sculpting, constructing. I hope I can learn a thing or two around here...  

Imperial Mask

Familiar Humorist

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300

evilchixor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 am
Hi~ ^^ I'm Alba, I'm 21 years old and I'm a graphic designer from Ecuador (so, sorry if my english is wrong)
Mmm... I have always like crafts, now i'm really interested in clay and papercraft. I joined here because I want to learn from you and discover new techniques, mixes, etc.

here is my deviantart gallery, be patient because I'm still fixing and uploading all my stuff sweatdrop I hope to find very good friends and be helpful in anything I can ^^

See you around! wink  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:54 am
Hello! My name is Miki and I'm from Michigan.I've been into sculpting since I was little. My father started sculpting foam costumes and puppets in the 70's for a local tv show - so I pretty much always had this stuff around all my life. I've been into all sorts of art since as long as I can remember. I sculpt foam puppets, costumes, prop, sets & creatures. I also sculpt different polymer clays figurines and I'm just starting to sculpt with casteline.

Here is a few pics of my work -

Life Size Tim Burton's Corpse Bride sculpture (unfinished here, coffin still need to be painted) Mostly sculpted from foam rubber.. coffin is made from a installation foam that is used for garage doors.

http://www.itsjustadream.com/graphics/cbsculpt01.jpg

Life Size "Nightmare Before Christmas" Zero's Gravestone (this is sculpted out of polystyrene foam - pink installation)

http://www.itsjustadream.com/graphics/zerog01.jpg

Dragon Sculpture - made from Foam Rubber

http://www.itsjustadream.com/graphics/red-dragon.jpg

Ghibli's "Nausicaa Valley of the Wind" Horseclaw costume (gets called a dark chocobo usually) It's sculpted out of foam then coved with fur.. It stands about 17 ft tall - you see through the saddle.

http://www.itsjustadream.com/graphics/kai-a.jpg

Here is a room that I and a friend sculpted for a Haunted House.. It's made to be ancient ruins. People would come in expecting someone to jump out of the crack in the wall only for a life size Rhino which we also sculpted to charge through the wall and chase you.

http://www.itsjustadream.com/graphics/ruins1-s.jpg

Fox Faerie sculpt - polymer clay

http://www.itsjustadream.com/sculptures/ff-s.jpg

Miki-i

Juno

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:14 am
Hello! biggrin

My name is Juno - I'm 25 years old, and have recently discovered a passion for mini sculptures and polymer clay. ^O^ I live in San Jose. CA!
Usually I am first and foremost an illustrator, and nowadays I work mostly in digital format - but I've always had a crafty nature so I tend to find many different outlets such as knitting or working with polymer clay. I've been working with clay on and off for many years, but have been more regular in the past 2 years.

My DeviantArt has quite a collection, though I haven't had a chance to take photos of new stuff yet:

http://junosama.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thank you~ I'm so excited that this guild exists! I can't wait to look through and look at everyone's work. whee  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 pm
omg I never expected to see Juno here :O
I love your work, I even faved your caricature a few weeks ago razz
Probably you won't read this, but it's awesome to be in the same guild as you smile  

Imperial Mask

Familiar Humorist

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SuPer FrEaK

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:16 pm
Yay! I'm new! sweatdrop HI! 3nodding

So My names Heather, but everyone on Gaia I know calls me SF! I'm a 19 year old Animation Major. Studying in San Francisco! As it is I've always loved messing around with clay. I'm in the advance sculpture class and it's a lot of fun! I'm very far from the best though, I mainly took it so the class could keep going (they need 10 people atleast). Anywho's I've got some pictures I just took of my head, pardon the girl in them...I dunno her...*ahemIneedtogetdressedforthedaybutsculptingismorefuncoughcough* http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Super_Chick66/?action=view¤t=Photo103.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Super_Chick66/?action=view¤t=Photo102.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Super_Chick66/?action=view¤t=Photo101.jpg

Oh yes, I started with sculpty and super sculpty, but for this head, since we do not bake it I'm using Palestine.

Okay, I'll be quiet now! I'm super excited about this guild! Thanks for the acceptance!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:28 am
Good day, my name is Tea. I'm a 19 year old girl from Estonia.

I've been into crafting for quite a long time.
I started out with making polymer clay pendants and now I've spread my grabby hands out more and now I also make jewelry out of beads, wire, thread, clay, bands... wool.... wood... hehee.. Actually, I use anything that can be used to make jewelry for jewelry making.
I've always loved the lessons where we would learn to do things with our hands. I knit, embroider, crochet, sew... cook...

My weakness must be that I don't set limitations for myself. I always want to try out the things I think of.

My crafted works can be found here: (click)

Other than crafting, I'm also an artist (I draw) and a writer.  

TimeTheTea

Beloved Citizen

Pai_Pai_Oppai

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:01 pm
Hello my name is Valerie and I work at a place that produces model kits.
Lately I made some rabbits from rayman raving rabbids.

smile

this is going to be an everlasting hobby

User Image  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out