Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
does it make you a noob if... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:24 am
I think Ashley's hot in RE4. redface Especially in that alternate outfit. She's a stupid b***h, yes. But I'd still throw it in her... even though she's a cartoon. Hey, she looks real enough!

And yes. Just as you're a n00b if you think Wesker injecting himself with a virus and coming back from the dead with super-human speed/powers in the first place isn't fantasy, or T-Virus -infected leeches that can form together to appear human isn't fantasy, or pretty much anything else that happens in RE for that matter.

Does it make you a n00b if you think Chris Redfield is the main character of the series?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:12 am
User Image
No as the series has no definite "main" character. He's been in 1,CV and 5. So he's been in more,(Sept if your counting Leon and Gaiden...which we arn't)

Are you a n00bmiffin if you didn't bother using the knife against Salazar because Leon tossed it to save Ada in the pre fight cut secen?

Didn't happen to us, but was trying to work out where the second knife came from untill I played though again =3 Great little touch

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:39 pm
Well, stranger, the concept of T-Virus isn't fantasy, it's a lot more science fiction, because it's not impossible to believe it. I mean, if something can be explained without an extreme margin of improbability, then it's believable. Yes, Wesker coming back to life, or the Leech thing, yes, pretty damn farfetched. But not EVERYTHING in RE is that improbable. RE1, 2 and 3 are by far not fantasy.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:26 am
Ehhh... I don't know, man. I guess. But I could just as easily argue that Jill's mind control crystal is science fiction.  

Thee Stranger

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:15 pm
Rock_DS
User Image
No as the series has no definite "main" character. He's been in 1,CV and 5. So he's been in more,(Sept if your counting Leon and Gaiden...which we arn't)

Are you a n00bmiffin if you didn't bother using the knife against Salazar because Leon tossed it to save Ada in the pre fight cut secen?

Didn't happen to us, but was trying to work out where the second knife came from untill I played though again =3 Great little touch

Yes. Because it involves RE4.

Does it make you a noob if you wonder why Chris or Jill don't use the knife in their holster in REmake, even when they've put the ones in their inventory away?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:11 pm
Thee Stranger
Ehhh... I don't know, man. I guess. But I could just as easily argue that Jill's mind control crystal is science fiction.
Okay, then explain it scientifically, and make it believable.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:14 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Thee Stranger
Okay, then explain it scientifically, and make it believable.

Simple. Read Jill's file in the Library section of RE5. But I guess you're not gonna do that, so:

Resident Evil Wiki
Wesker then took Jill, and intended to use her as one of the first test subjects in his Uroboros Project. Placing her in cryogenic sleep, Wesker discovered an abnormality within Jill's body: a remnant of the t-virus infection from Raccoon City, which had been reactivated by the cryogenic stasis. As the virus disappeared, it left in its place powerful antibodies, which Wesker then used in order to help make the Uroboros less poisonous, thus giving human subjects a better chance of surviving infection. As a result of the antibody extraction, Jill's hair became a light blond color, and her skin became paler due to etoiliation. After using her to further his virus-development, Wesker then decided to use her as a potential super soldier. His method was to use "P30", a Progenitor-virus based chemical, which granted the user immense strength and speed, but also made them susceptible to control. While P30 had potential, it also lasted for only a short time, due to the body metabolizing it quickly. To remedy this, Wesker placed a mechanism on Jill's chest to release a steady stream of P30 into her, in order to keep her under his control.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:59 pm
Yeah, but that pretty much makes Jill a Wesker that you can control. And as we established, a virus that gives you super strength and speed, as has been done with Wesker since CV, is pretty much fantasy. And... It caused her hair to go blonde... Wow, Capcom, way to make up pointless reasons for changing someone's hair. Yup, RE5 is no less lame than RE4. Get over it.
"Yeah, the virus grows a new pair of shades on Wesker's face whenever he takes them off." >_>  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:13 pm
M'kay. Then William Birkin is also fantasy, as he injected himself with a virus that gave him super-human strength as well. Oh what, is it any less fantasy because Birkin transformed into a hideous monster in the process? I think not. Point is, it's all fantasy; it's all fiction. But since it all pertains to biology and technology as opposed to magic and mysticism, that would be classified as science fiction. We're not talking Lord of the Rings here. The only game you can take that argument up with is RE4 (and that's in regards to things like the moving statues, etc.). It doesn't pertain to RE5 at all. And with all due respect, I think you're the one who needs to get over it already, dude.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:23 pm
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but RE5 had some version of El Gigante in it, right? That's just bullshit fantasy. There's a difference between fiction and fantasy. Science fiction has rules, that's the key. Rules that are established and then followed by the creators. Like... Take Metal Gear Solid and what you know about it. Kojima established the artificial universe and worked within those rules. Imagine if in MGS4, he brought in a UFO with little green men with big brains and laser guns, who you have to fight against. That'd be going outside the established artificial universe. It's science fictiony, but since you're not following the rules you made, it would make the story seem like fantasy. When you have absolutely no boundaries, and keep tacking on and tacking on and tacking on, like RE has been doing, it stops being science fiction, and becomes fantasy. What's worse, they're catering it for idiots, having the most oversimplified explanations for everything, with no more than 5 minutes of thought put in.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 am
Biohazard EXTREME

"Yeah, the virus grows a new pair of shades on Wesker's face whenever he takes them off." >_>

I ******** lol'd. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:07 am
Ok I'm going to say a few things that might seem a bit stupid, but it makes sense. Ok it's mentioned in the file about Jill and all that crap, but what it doesn't metnion is how "Wesker" has the ability to control Jill. Sure she has that crystal thingy, but and the chemicals, but he would need a device to literally control her right? from what I've seen in the previews, and also based off of what everyone one has said, there is no such device. Same goes for RE4. Saddler has some how controls them, but doesn't scientifically explain how. There fore it is fantasy, why? because the only way someone can be controlled to such a degree is by magic! Also I highly doubt that Hypnosis would work on mindless and wild beings.

Where as RE3 and the other RE, the zombies and other creatures are uncontrolable. why? because in science fiction you can't use a chemical to control the person's mind if their minds are basically close to dead and are thinking of nothign but killing and eating raw flesh and such. That's all they think about. If you watch a good sci-fi you'll learn most of the time their own inventions or what not that are made to be controlled turn agianst the creator, or soemthign simliar happens. However, in fantasy you can have complete control over a person's mind. Why? Again it's magic! that's ll they can explain is that they're using magic because magic works. There is no scientific explination. Again, mind control can only happen with magic.

so untill there is a file or a scene that explains scientifically how he can control Jill with out a device my Hypothesis still remains. RE4 and RE5 are Fasntasy, since the other REs follow the sci-fi guide line, and RE4 and 5 don't.

Does it make you a noob if you think RE5 is an action game?

Edit: Oh and Bio you're wrong They didn't put 5 minutes thought into, they put in no thought into the game. They're stupid enough to cater to noobs. That means they hve no brain at all.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:51 pm
Well, it's not survival, it's not horror... It's not quite an rpg... It's not stealth, definitely... It's gotta be action. Mindless, brainless action. It might as well star 50 Cent. So, no. If you think that RE5 is action, you're right on the money.

Does it make you a noob if you think that Sheva is the coolest girl in RE5?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:52 pm
Alkaizer87
Again, mind control can only happen with magic.

Parasites control their hosts' brains... >_> Not that I like Las Plagas, but mind control is more common than you think.

http://www.livescience.com/technology/060210_technovelgy.html

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/394342/real_life_mindcontrolling_parasites.html

And finally, the big one...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis

And no, it doesn't. 'Cause Jill (unfortunately... *sniffle* crying ) looks like a whore and doesn't do s**t. ...Well normally I'd say that suit is hot, but it's too obvious. At least her costume in 3 was somewhat tasteful but still showed off her... assets. This is just all "HAY BABY WANA RIDE?! ;D"

Does it make you a noob if you think RE5 had good dialogue for the most part? Definitely not including the final fight here. That was just ridiculous in its entirety... but other than that. >_>;  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:08 pm
Canas, there's a BIG, BIG, BIG difference between, "Changing a creature's behavior" or "compelling it to seek out a body of water and commit suicide" and, "Making a creature do your bidding like it's a little puppet." Not only that, but let's say you got a mind controlling parasite in you, that... Compels you to kill yourself, or... Let's say it compels you to start killing... Elephants. For whatever reason. Where does the part where "a crazy guy in an ugly robe with a sound emitting staff" or "a lion tamer in shades" start controlling that person's every action and decision, come in?
That's like saying, "I have a laser pointer, so those laser guns in that sci-fi movie are completely realistic."  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games