~CT's Brawl Guide~ on hold. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gikaru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:08 pm
ChaosTorrent
Alright, I see your points. Maybe I would know if I played against more human players. Too bad switzerland is too far away from just about any place not in europe. bleh.
Switzerland? Um...I think Izaw and rebaz live there. Izaw is a well-known Link player, while rebaz is a well-known Falcon player. They're both great. o-o

otawara
I think Capt. Falcon is a great fighter, not joking.
I agree! It's just that many of the other characters destroy him when he's offstage, and because it's so easy to gimp him, they don't even have to use a move that'll send him across the blast line. In fact, I'd argue that, if not for Link being one of the projectile-h0rs that can survive a damn hurricane (seriously, he's so damn heavy!), Falcon would have an advantage. Falcon himself is heavy, damn his metal boots, but falls short in comparison to Link's weight. Lucky for us, though, that Link still is a horrible character. Most of his moves are awkward and/or laggy, and the combination of "horrible horizontal aerial movement," "falling fast without trying," and "a horrible recovery" brings him down. A lot. I mean, all a Wario or Jigs has to do is slap Link once and then float around, avoiding Link.

It's kind of funny, though, how Falcon is so bad. A couple months ago, AnubisGX (our forum's creator's brother, and a fairly good player) decided to use Falcon for the whole tourney. You know what place he got? Higher than I did: 13th. I think even he admitted that while it was funny, it was kinda lucky. He probably didn't get any GSM players until those last two sets. :/  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:02 am
Gikaru
ChaosTorrent
Alright, I see your points. Maybe I would know if I played against more human players. Too bad switzerland is too far away from just about any place not in europe. bleh.
Switzerland? Um...I think Izaw and rebaz live there. Izaw is a well-known Link player, while rebaz is a well-known Falcon player. They're both great. o-o

It hurts so much having switzerland being messed up with sweden all the time. People don't even realize my agony.

You see:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I've been able to play against people in poland and england SORT OF lag-free SOMETIMES, but that's as far as it goes. People don't really play brawl here, there's no tournaments and very low interest for the game. It's already down to 49 bucks (games are usually sold for 80-100 here); to compare, mario kart DS is still 69. I've joined various german and italian brawl communities, but it seems people are slowly starting to give up on the game and play something else. I remember having my friend roster open all day waiting for someone to come online, and I guess at some point it's also nintendo that strung my shoes together with the way wi-fi works. The weird thing is, if I play against random people online, there's rarely alot of lag. But I can't really practice or try things out against three people wildly spamming and throwing whatever s**t they get in their hands while on final destination.

Well, as those of you that were still attending to the thread have probably realized, it's been a while since my last guide. I'm glad Otawara helped me out and made a few guides by himself to make the thread more interesting. I've promised you a link guide and maybe luigi, but the few times I do play against actual people the things I had figured out beforehand on NPCs just don't work. I don't want to make my guides with things I did on NPCs or things I got from videos and other people. It's not the same thing, I'm not motivated anymore and I believe I won't be able to continue until I get out of this godforgotten country or until nintendo makes online play playable around the world.

I'm not giving this up. I'm merely telling you all what has become sort of obvious during the last months: I'm putting a hold on the guides. I don't know for how long, it all depends on how my scholar (or job, goddammit) future turns out.

Sorry to those that were still paying attention.  

Al Torrenz

V1SUAL K31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:03 am
Link For the win!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:10 pm
ChaosTorrent
Gikaru
ChaosTorrent

*wall of text*

Sorry, Renz. I do hope something good happens, and I'll help keep the thread alive.  

otawara

Gikaru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:40 pm
Oh, oh, I can help with your ROB guide. ROB is one of my better secondaries (which I use quite frequently, but only in friendlies), and I also happen to know Hawaii's best ROB-player: "Aer0w," of GSM. I'm also able to help with the Marth guide, as Marth is my best secondary, which doesn't say much because I still lose to my friend, Crystal_Wing_Ninja, in Marth dittos. confused

Quote:
It hurts so much having switzerland being messed up with sweden all the time. People don't even realize my agony.
Actually, I really thought Izaw and rebaz really lived there. Are you sure they're in Sweden? D:  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:07 am
Gikaru
Oh, oh, I can help with your ROB guide.

Ehhh. I appreciate all the help and requests to some guides I've gotten, but I don't want you guys to artifically keep the thread alife with your work. When I pick back up on the guides, I'll be glad to maybe get some tips on how to get started on new characters, but I'll probably be busy finally mastering the ones I've played so far.

I'd love to brawl you, Gikaru. But I'm afraid Hawaii is just about as far away from Switzerland as possible.

Gikaru
Quote:
Actually, I really thought Izaw and rebaz really lived there. Are you sure they're in Sweden? D:

I'm not sure if they're in Sweden, but I would be surprised to hell and back if they were in switzerland. Google refuses to tell me anything.  

Al Torrenz

Gikaru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:40 pm
Quote:
I'd love to brawl you, Gikaru. But I'm afraid Hawaii is just about as far away from Switzerland as possible.
And unfortunately, I get my doses of Brawl only when I'm at a friend's house, at school, or in a tournament (which deserves a "DUH").

[johns]Also, I've gotten really rusty at it. For one, I consider myself the worst of my bunch, which consists of Gaia's Crystal_Wing_Ninja, Smashboard's MrEh, and myself. For another, I'm having tons of fun with Melee. [/johns]

Quote:
I'm not sure if they're in Sweden, but I would be surprised to hell and back if they were in switzerland.
Now that I think about it, they probably in Sweden because of the tourneys they sometimes enter. That...and this is Izaw's Youtube Channel. As you can see...he's in Sweden. crying  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff