Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Wool's Orphanage Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:49 pm
User Image

Leave my door open just a crack. 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep when I'm far too tired to fall asleep?
To ten million fireflies, I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

Everly blinked when Ruth started explaining that the toy wasn't sounding right. Sure enough the one with the cow picture sounded like a motor with a bad turnover. Darn it. "It must be having a day! Maybe we can make it have a better day, you and me!" She wondered what could be wrong, when Ruth asked her to fix it, promising to read her favorite book afterward. "You got a deal! It's probably the brad-eries!" Her small hands fiddled with her pocket, pulling out the little tool set. Everly then reached over and pulled the toy into her lap.

Flipping it over, Everly found a screw holding the batteries in place. She then pulled out her trusty screwdriver. Biting the tip of her tongue in focus, Everly carefully removed the screw and popped the backing off. "Well, the brad-eries look okay. Maybe we could ask Steffi or Luke for more. They're the A-A kind. After we do that, it should work real good again." She grinned, holding out the old batteries that she'd popped out. Surely one of the grown-people could get her some new ones. Everly would get two for herself.... if she knew where they were. Blue eyes looked around, trying to locate an adult. When she did, the brunette scooted to her feet and hurried over, explaining the situation. Within a few minutes she had some shiny new batteries in hand.

Hurrying back to Ruth, Everly slid on her socks and landed on her butt, luckily right beside her friend. "Tada! New Brad-eries! Let's fix this!" She offered a grin, leaning over the toy. Her hair fell into her eyes as she tucked the batteries in, then snapped the cover on. With a few turns of her screwdriver, the screw was as tight as her little arms could make it go. The girl flipped over the toy, pressing the picture of the cow once more. This time, a clear "mooooo" sounded, earning a bright grin from the girl. "It just took some power, but we got it! Here ya go!" She handed the toy back, then put her screwdriver back in place. She was just happy she could help her friend not have a day anymore.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Wool's
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Ruthie!
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Repairs!
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? That toy sounds much better!

Yukina101

But I'll know where several are if my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar
I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:22 am
Piercing lights in the dark
Make the galaxy ours
Kingdom right where we are
Shining bright as a morning
You'll never be lonely
Just promise you'll love me
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hι∂∂єη Ƭяєαѕυяєѕ Oωηєя| sℓчтнєяιи αℓυмиι | Mσтнєя

☆═━┈---------------┈━═☆

◆◊ After countless hours of discussion which was then put down so she could excitedly plan her father's wedding (FINALLY) and then picked up again at her earliest convenience (she gave him two whole days, a personal best) Caty was finally finally finally back at Wool's with Finn looking for another addition to their family. Her business was slowly but assuredly taking off both with online orders and her usual corner market. If everything worked as she hoped, she was even planning on potentially leasing a cart in Diagon and really letting people see what her stuff was made of! Finn, after working the long dreary hours of a new lab crew, finally reached a position of limited seniority wherein he could choose better hours and a very lovely pay increase. And of course when you make more money the exact first thing you should do is splurge on children. And in this particular instance, she meant that very literally. She loved her large family and she knows her husband loves his sister 89% of the time and so she figured it was a remiss of their parental duties to not allow poor Kai to experience this same joys of siblinghood (was she also thinking down the line of when Kai eventually would leave her for school and she would need another baby to keep her company? Please, she never planned for anything why start now).

She was impatiently wiggling in place as Finn and one of the caretakers went over the usual rules and paperwork as she kept trying to look around them into the larger areas of the house. After what seemed like fooreevverr they were finally allowed into the common areas before also being warned that some of the younger children were having a nap-adorable-but some older children would be out and about. Perfect! Finn smartly grabbed ahold of his wife's hand to keep her mostly tethered so she wouldn't go flying off in every which direction as they went to the first play room where two little kids occupied. One was proudly brandishing a toy and the other one, she couldn't see as well since the blanket seemed to completely swallow them, seemed pleased since she heard a tiny giggle as they pressed some buttons. C u t e!

"Them! Let's talk to them!" Caty whispered loudly to Finn who just looked exasperated (at her words or at her volume she'd never really know). "Remember we want them to like us and not think we're creepy adults." he actually whispered to her teasingly wincing slightly as she smacked his abdomen with her free hand.
                                              "Ha. Haha. So funny. Can't breathe." she snarked back before realizing that one of the kids (with the blanket cape) was staring right at them. Aw.Kward. "Hi! I love your blanket, it looks very cozy!" Caty smiled widely as the little girl blushed lightly before tightening the blanket around her more. Kayooot!◇◈

I'm never too far
And we'll never part
And we could be stars
Oh, we could be stars
We could be stars

User Image

Cinnabun Gryffie

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:18 pm
User Image

Everly was just proud of her successful repair when she noticed Ruth was staring at a couple of grown-people. The other girl peeked up curiously, confused when they walked over. The lady complemented Ruthie's blanket, but Ruth was being shy. Oh no. Everly didn't really wanna talk to them either, but someone had to speak up. Otherwise the grown-people would think they were crazies. "That's Ruth. My name's Everly. If you were comin' to fix our toy, don't worry. It just needed new brad-eries and I got 'em." She nodded solemnly, reaching a hand over to hold Ruthie's. She didn't want her best friend to be scared, after all! But maybe these were nice people who would be friends. Like some of the other grown-people who brought treats or did story time.

✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Wool's
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Ruthie and some grown-people
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Who are these people?

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:31 pm
Here in the Garden
Let's play a game
I'll show you how it's done
Here in the Garden
Stand very still
This'll be so much fun

Ꮻꭱꮲꮋꭺ🇳 Ꮲꭺꭱꭺ🇳ꮻꭱꮇꭺꮮ Ꮖ🇳ꮩꭼꮪꭲꮖꮐꭺꭲꮻꭱ

✿◉●•◦Ruth clung to Everly's hand thankful the other girl was doing the talking for them. Usually when grownups came over she was prepared to either hide in case they were the Someone's. Sometimes she would watch them from her hiding spots just to make sure they wouldn't try something funny but for the most part they either fixed stuff (stuff even Everly couldn't fix!) or brought stuff like food or even more toys. Only sometimes did she see them actually take a kid away and while she got a nervous stomach seeing it, those other kids seemed really happy so that had to be a good thing right? Ruth just stared at both new adults; the man seemed normal looking but the woman was...different. She had drawings all over her legs! She reminded her of when the little babies did their fingerpainting and got the stuff allllll over the place. The woman just laughed at Everly's words and for a second she seemed to sparkle. Ruth squinted her eyes a bit wondering what in the heck this grownup was that she had actual sparkles. That's suspi..suspish....that's weird!

"It's nice to meet you both! I'm Caty and this is my husband Finn and no we weren't coming for your toy. But I think it's awesome you were able to figure it out and fix it yourself!" she told them with another bright grin.
                                                        "...'Verly can fix 'n'thing." Ruth managed to mumble out from her blanket cocoon. They needed to know just in case they needed her to help with that sparkle problem. "Ev-even cars. The toy though." she made sure to add but she had no doubt her friend could figure out a big one if she needed to.

And then she smiled
That's what I'm after
A smile in her eyes
The sound of her laughter
Happy to listen
Happy to play
Happily watching her drift away

Cinnabun Gryffie

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:21 pm
User Image

Everly squeezed Ruthie's hand a bit tighter, noticing her friend shrinking into her comfy blanket nest. Maybe Evie needed a nest too. Her mom used to call her Birdie, after all. But that was more 'cause her middle name was a bird than her actually acting like a bird.... Though sometimes it was fun to play pretend. The grown-lady said it was nice to meet them, then said her name was Caty and her Husband-guy was Finn. Apparently they weren't repair guys coming to fix the toy, which is good, since Everly already fixed it. She did add on that it was awesome that she'd been able to fix it.

Everly grinned a little bit, but it grew to a full smile when Ruthie added that she could fix anything, even the cars! "Yea! Sometimes it's pretty tricky, but this time it was easy-squeezy!" She nodded happily, her hair falling in her face, which she rather aggressively blew on to try and move it. "So if you're not mike-a-nicks, who are you? Just vol... volun... um... grown-people who help out?" If nothing else, it would help to know who these people were.

✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Wool's
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Ruthie and Caty and Finn
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Who are these people?

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:56 pm
Piercing lights in the dark
Make the galaxy ours
Kingdom right where we are
Shining bright as a morning
You'll never be lonely
Just promise you'll love me

Hι∂∂єη Ƭяєαѕυяєѕ Oωηєя| sℓчтнєяιи αℓυмиι | Mσтнєя

☆═━┈---------------┈━═☆

◆◊ Caty could barely contain her coo/squeal combination as the talkative girl finally seemed to open up to them a bit and the shy one as well who seemed adamant that her friend could fix just about anything. She had to squeeze poor Finn's hand hard to refrain herself from helping little Everly as her hair fell into her face. She giggled again as the kids asked who they were before finally moving a bit closer seeing as they weren't going to run away yet. "Well no, but sometimes my brother does. We're here to look at kids for adoption, we even adopted our little boy from here a few years ago!" she told them brightly and wondered briefly if they would actually know the older boy considering their ages. They didn't look older than maybe seven or eight so it could be possible...
                                              "You got' lotta colors on your legs. Do you like to paint?" the little girl-Ruth-asked from her cocoon causing Caty to inwardly squeal and Finn to snicker a bit.

"These are tattoos, they're like umm...permanent paintings on my body? But I do like painting too! I'm not very good but I like it!" Finn gave an amused huff at his wife's explanation. "So besides fixing toys, what do you two like to do for fun?" he asked wondering if he should bend down closer or would that be too forward. He wasn't very tall but usually compared to Caty he looked like a friggen giant. ◇◈

I'm never too far
And we'll never part
And we could be stars
Oh, we could be stars
We could be stars

User Image

Cinnabun Gryffie

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:13 pm
User Image

Everly nodded a bit confused when the lady said she wasn't here to help out. Apparently she wanted to adopt? In that case, Everly very much didn't know about talking to them. Most of the times kids got adopted alone, not as two. And Everly was determined to stay with her Ruthie. "Oh... just one kid? Or lots of kids?" Dark blue eyes looked up, a mix of worry and fear showing. If these guys only wanted one of them, Everly would ask them to take Ruth. Ruth needed a nice family with a brother and a mom and a dad. Sure, Evie wanted it with her whole heart, but Ruthie needed it. Though she really, really preferred going with her best friend.

Ruth asked about the lady's colorful legs and her arm, then asked if she liked painting. Caty explained that they were forever paintings, but she wasn't a good painter. Then Finn asked what else they liked to do for fun. Everly looked over at Ruth, then back at the grown-people. "Well... I like building stuff. 'Specially with the legos 'cause you can make lotsa cool stuff! And I like colorin. But my favorite is story-time. When Ruthie reads books, or when one of the vol-...volum... the helpers reads a book. Extra 'specially if it's got lots of pictures." She grinned, showing her gap teeth to the grown-people. Sure, she was a bit jealous that Ruth had already become an expert reader, but it just meant she had someone to read to her. It worked for them, anyway.

✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Wool's
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Talking
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I do like legos though

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:24 pm
Here in the Garden
Let's play a game
I'll show you how it's done
Here in the Garden
Stand very still
This'll be so much fun

Ꮻꭱꮲꮋꭺ🇳 Ꮲꭺꭱꭺ🇳ꮻꭱꮇꭺꮮ Ꮖ🇳ꮩꭼꮪꭲꮖꮐꭺꭲꮻꭱ

✿◉●•◦Ruth was curious as the woman explained they were here for adoptions but. All the baby's were sleeping and that's usually where all the grownups went. Sometimes they did bigger little kids like Roxanne and she'd only ever seen it once that they adopted the really big kids so she was anxious as to why they were still talking to her and Everly. Maybe...maybe they were interested in her friend? That would make sense; Everly was nice, good with everyone she met, and really smart. They would be lucky getting a kid like her friend! She hadn't meant to ask her question about the painting out loud but she really had been curious and her eyes unconsciously widened at the idea of permanent paintings on her skin. It would definitely make it easier to find her if she were ever lost that's for sure!

At the question of what they did for fun had Ruth hmm'ing in response while Everly looked between them and began answering. She nodded at the other girl's words and couldn't help but add "'Verly can make really cool towers that. That are almost um..b-bigger than me!" she even brought a blanket covered hand over her head to demonstrate just how enormous the thing had been. She'd been scared the whole time it would topple over and squash them both! Ruth then realized that she had talked-again-and blushed before remembering to actually answer the question. "I like um...reading. And coloring stuff. Bu-but not permanent!" she hastily added much to the adult's amusement.

"I bet! It seems like both of you are really close, are you sisters?"
                                                        "Would you like to be?!" the woman blurted out causing her husband to do a funny loud sigh but Ruth's eyes to widen comically. If she had Everly as a sister she'd never have to talk to anyone ever again and she'd always have a library buddy! But...she'd also have to make sure she wasn't talking to anyone she wasn't supposed to. Which happened allot more than it should.

And then she smiled
That's what I'm after
A smile in her eyes
The sound of her laughter
Happy to listen
Happy to play
Happily watching her drift away

Cinnabun Gryffie

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:36 pm
User Image

Everly nodded along as Ruth spoke about the time they'd made a gigantic tower out of legos. She even used her hands to show how big it was. It was... it was one Evie high is how tall it was. Ruth then explained what she liked to read and color, which earned another wild nod. "Ruthie is so good at reading! She knows all the words in lotsa books!" There. Now they were both excited. Everly looked up at the people, who seemed happy with their answers. Maybe they really were interested in adoption!

It was then that Finn asked if they were sisters. Before Everly could answer, Caty asked if they'd like to be. Evie looked over at Ruthie, who had real big eyes. The more social of the two turned back to the grown-people. "We're not really sisters. But we're best friends! I love Ruthie a whole lotta bunches!" She grinned happily, then continued. "I want her to be my sister for real! We can play legos and read and color and... and do other stuff! But we gotta find grown-people who wanna adopt two kids. Normal-times it's just one and they're wee little!" She nodded matter-of-factly, then watched Ruth while also doing her best to watch Finn and Caty.

✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Wool's
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Talking
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I love my Ruthie

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:55 pm
User Image
Heston flew swiftly but carefully, proud as can be that he'd been entrusted with his first delivery. Clutched in his talons was a small brown parcel tied with twine, a sprig of cedar also tied into the bow. He found an open window and swooped down to perch thereupon, letting out a call to alert the attention of anyone within.

The note read:

Dear Brian,
It was so lovely to meet you and Eric at Diagon Alley. I hope all is well with you! I wanted to send you some gifts. Please share the sweets with Eric, I made them myself! Can't wait to see the two of you at school.
Wyn

Enclosed in the parchment was a small iPod, filled with lots and lots of classical music, as well as many of Wyn's favorites. Mostly quieter music; indie and acoustic, as she hadn't wanted to startle the boy with any of the heavy stuff. There was also a tin filled with homemade tootsie rolls, individually wrapped in parchment paper. These, Wyn was sure, tasted much better than the store bought kind.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:32 am
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Wool's - Living Room
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Stupid, loud kids
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Trying to Read
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hate it here

Csuri was in a grumpy mood. Of course, she was seldom in any other sort of mood lately. She'd only been here a brief while, but all she wanted to do was go back to her grandma's house to feel even the tiniest inkling of human affection. The only time people here ever seemed to give a heck was when she was told to look nice 'cause a family wanted to look at all the kids. But she hated having to pretend. She'd done that her whole stupid life. Whenever her parents wanted to pretend they were like... perfect or whatever, Csuri was forced to take their role. Now she was abandoned and alone. Her grandma didn't want her, her parents didn't want her, and even if they did, her grandma was like a trillion years old, and her parents had been pretty bad at being parents.

Csuri snuggled into one of the blankets she'd absconded from her bedroom. She was curled up on the corner of the couch, reading one of the books her stupid primary teacher had claimed was "too advanced" for her. Little did the teacher know, but Csuri had been reading above her level for a while. There was nothing else to do when spending time with old, old ladies. Well, they had taught her how to play a few card games. So that was... something. The blonde sighed, looking back at the pages. So far, her brain was too distracted by the dumb toddlers in the room running and screaming to focus on a book. She closed the book, frowning in annoyance. Why was it this hard to get some peace and quiet?!

addaellis

Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀɪsᴇ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sᴜɴᴋᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ, Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ
          Iɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:51 am

User Image🍳🍴
INARA KAVERI AMIN

8 years || London Primary || halfblood
”dust child”

It had been a few months since Kiah had moved to Wool’s Orphanage. She managed to keep a positive outlook and expression on the day, but sometimes, in the showers she would still cry from missing her ma. On days Anasuya visited, Kiah would pull the blankets extra high and wonder how Zinnea and Zulien were. No doubt they didn’t miss her at all. Hopefully they were happier.

When she wasn't at school or struggling desperately over homework, Kiah spent most of her time in the kitchen, trying to help out Miss Steffi and Mister Luke as much as possible. She missed...something about life before, but was mostly embracing life at Wool's. She had passed most people in the halls at least a few times, or run into them at meals. But Kiah couldn't really say she had a friend at her new home yet. That wasn't altogether unexpected. Who would want to hang with a stupid dust child anyways?

“No, No, Peachums, come back!”

But the kitten was having none of it-- he sprinted out of the bedroom, scuttling across the couch before nearly darting into the chaos of toddlers and making a swift return, running over the poor girl attempting to read on the couch not once, but twice.

“Sorry, Sorry!” Kiah exclaimed, finally catching up and trapping the kitten in her arms. That lasted all of two seconds before Peachums, being a cat, turned into a fluid that slipped away. Kiah slipped trying to give chase, knocking her head against the corner of the book Csuri was attempting to read. ”Ack! Sorry! Are you okay, Csuri? I'm so sorry, He’s not usually this excitable.” she apologized again. Peachums finally settled, hiding under the other side of the couch.

Kiah plopped herself on the ground to wait him out. She looked up at the younger girl, who always seemed to be upset. Kiah fiddled a bit with the corner of her skirt before trying to strike up a conversation. “What're you reading?”

setting Living room of Wool's, Spring 2054 || with Csuri , some toddlers
appearance 4’2”, frail and delicate looking || wearing Hooded poncho and denim skirt
status apologetic

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
About that night
The bugs and the dirt
Why were you digging?
What did you bury
Before those hands pulled me
From the earth?
🍴🍳
~”Like Real People Do” by Hozier. Cover by Chase and Sierra Eagleson.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Wool's - Living Room
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Stupid, loud kids
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Trying to Read
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why does she get a cat?

Csuri just wanted to rest and relax when one of the other girls from her general age ran about chasing after her cat. Who even let people have cats in this place? There was barely enough food most days for all these stupid kids, let alone some random cat. Plus what if someone had allergies? It was just dumb. Csuri sneered at the girl, then went back to her book. It was a pretty good read so she really hoped to finish it tonight. Apparently it was just one in a really long series, so it would be good to get more. Maybe one of the volunteer people could pick up the next few from the library, so she wouldn't have to deal with her teacher saying she had to be dumb like the other little kids.

Just as she was turning the page, the girl -Kiah?- bumped her, nearly causing Csuri to drop the book, but for sure making her lose her spot. She hastily apologized, earning a frown from Csuri. "I'm fine." Her voice was an annoyed monotone, but it was pretty much her usual tone lately. After a second, the other girl plopped on the floor, then looked up. She was fiddling with her outfit, then she spoke up again. Csuri sighed, flipping back to the page she'd been on, then pushing her bookmark in place. "It's a mystery book. There was a crime done up, and this girl, she's a detective, has to solve the crimes 'cause all the adults are dumb and useless." She turned her book around, showing the cover of the book she was reading. "The books are like a thousand years old, but it's pretty good. Apparently there's like a hundred books or something, but they're not like stupid long, so..." She shrugged, pulling her blanket tighter around herself. She wasn't sure about anyone here, but it might be nice to have an ally.

{{Book series in mention is the Nancy Drew Series, because why not?}}
          Quote:

Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀɪsᴇ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sᴜɴᴋᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ, Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ
          Iɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:25 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Wool's Orphanage
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Laili
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Meeting kids to adopt
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? They all seem so fun!

Nani was super excited. They had finally decided that with Laili's pregnancy aversion and Nani's risky condition, they would be best suited to adopt. They got all fancied up and headed to Wool's, where both Laili and her brothers had been adopted. The brunette offered her hand over to her wife, wondering what emotions might kick up for her. She knew that some of their family (and some of her own) volunteered here, but that didn't mean that Laili had ever been back following her adoption. "I can't believe it's finally time. Oh, we're going to find ourselves the cutest little love. Someone that needs our love~"

The werewolf put on a bright smile, pushing open the doors and walking in. It was.... surprisingly homely. Somehow Nani had been expecting more.... and less? She looked over at Laili, wondering where to begin. It was still fairly early in the morning, but Nani figured it should be after kids woke up, but before they went to nap. Then again, they hadn't really talked about preferences for ages or anything. The Abrams just seemed to have a knack of finding a perfect fit. Would Laili bear that same luck? If not, they could always ask mom... or one of the many Abramses that volunteered here for advice. "Okay, where do we start? There seems to be a lot of bustle this morning!" She watched a couple kids sprint around, laughing as they chased one another. Not everyone seemed hyper, though, as there was one girl laying half-upside down with a book in hand. Nani bounced on the balls of her feet, excitement ready to burst out.

{{Wearing :: Summer Casual}}
Yukina101

Sᴏᴍᴇ sᴀʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʀɪᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ʀᴇᴇᴅ
Sᴏᴍᴇ sᴀʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʀᴀᴢᴏʀ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴏᴜʟ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ
Sᴏᴍᴇ sᴀʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʜᴜɴɢᴇʀ, ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅʟᴇss ᴀᴄʜɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴇᴅ
I sᴀʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀ, ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪᴛs ᴏɴʟʏ sᴇᴇᴅ
Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴏɴʟʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ
Jᴜsᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ, ғᴀʀ ʙᴇɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ sɴᴏᴡs
Lɪᴇs ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇᴅ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ's ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴘʀɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏsᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:36 pm
We're young and in love
And we're running like the wind, we got it all
We're never alone
If we got each other, we can save the world
Explosions in the sky, I see colors fly
It's like the Fourth of July in your eyes

»Owl Tʀᴀɪɴᴇʀ »Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Aʟᴜᴍɴ »Hᴀᴘᴘɪʟʏ Mᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili smiled at her wife's excitement and felt her own buzzing beneath her skin while trying to squash any lingering guilt she felt. Since even before she proposed they had talked about wanting children but she'd been too afraid to admit that after seeing the difficult pregnancies in her family that she'd been a bit gun-shy. She had actually hoped that perhaps over the years she could get over it but then witnessing Puck's past pregnancies her nerves and grown into full-blown anxiety and fear. When she had admitted this to Nani, she'd been afraid she'd be accused of deceiving her but as per usual, she'd been pleasantly surprised. Nani had taken it all in stride and grace and even suggested she get pregnant which Laili (and Desi once she'd found out) had vehemently protested. Thankfully she'd decided against it which lead them to Wool's.

Unlike some of her family, she didn't regularly visit and volunteer at the orphanage though she did routinely donate funds or clothes whenever she had spare time. She couldn't really explain it; she didn't really have many memories of the place since she'd been adopted at a pretty early age so most of her earliest memories were mostly of dad's and Dris. But the place was such a literal part of her family (not just the additions they found and soon hoped to find) that it felt almost fulfilling that she and Nani were there today.

Laili was brought out of her musings by Nani's bright voice and bouncing exterior asking where they should start causing her to break out in giggles and clasping their hands together. "The playroom is always a good starting point from what I've heard. Or we could just wait for the right one to run into us. Seemed to work out for my dads'." she giggled with a bright grin.

Old enough, old enough, old enough to know that
We are young in love, young in love, young and in love
You and me, we can see, time will stand still
If we stay young in love, young in love, young and in love
Yeah, we are young and in love

Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff