Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Questionnaire Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:30 am
Shadow of Miracles
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Just cause it'd make it easier to plan lessons/RP for Harvey, am I good in going by the u.s. school year? ( That is presuming classes at Ordell will end and summer will start in June 20th or thereabouts?)

No please do not assume that.

At the moment it's difficult to answer when the academy year will end so unfortunately I don't have a proper answer ^^;

But please do not assume we are going by the u.s. school year. Thank you

Alrighty.
That's fine, there's no real rush. I just wanted to make sure I didn't give a final presentation/exam and find out we were only halfway through the school year. XD

I'll just extend the lessons then and figure out some projects for the kidlets until I know the timeline. I'll P.M. the lesson plans to you tomorrow night in case they need approval. 3nodding

( I'm cramming for a Statistics test so that's why I haven't really p.m.d back yet)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:50 pm
Heya, I had a question about my academy employee (the janitor). I just wanted to make sure I had a good understanding of where / when he is allowed to be places. I would guess that he would clean public spaces while students are in class and classrooms while they are out, but I wanted to double-check what is okay and what isn't before posting him again. Thanks~  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:07 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Sorry I couldn't give a better answer sweatdrop but good luck with your test!

TheWhiteDragonfly
Heya, I had a question about my academy employee (the janitor). I just wanted to make sure I had a good understanding of where / when he is allowed to be places. I would guess that he would clean public spaces while students are in class and classrooms while they are out, but I wanted to double-check what is okay and what isn't before posting him again. Thanks~

Yes, actually he would be able to access any place On-Campus except for the Houses or the rooms of student/teachers/other employees.

All employee characters are expected to remain close to their designated area. For example, the librarian staying in the library or the nurse in the nurse's office.

Employee characters will have a "day off" but this only happens during the "Free Day" of the week, but during the other days they are expected to be in the academy.

I hope that this has helped

EDIT

The RP day is ending right now so the RP will be closed until we have finished the date change. If you were planning to post your character now I would hold off until we have finished the date change

I just wanted to say this in case you were planning on posting now sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:31 am
Now, I know there was a comment or an announcement about PMing a Crew Member about plotting. I would like to know how you would define 'plotting'. Is plotting going to meet someone? Hang out with them? Going to eat with them? Talking with someone?
Or are you referring to something that isn't typically done in this sort of Rp like going on an adventure for your club, swimming in the pool, etc?  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:01 am
Hope the kind
Now, I know there was a comment or an announcement about PMing a Crew Member about plotting. I would like to know how you would define 'plotting'. Is plotting going to meet someone? Hang out with them? Going to eat with them? Talking with someone?
Or are you referring to something that isn't typically done in this sort of Rp like going on an adventure for your club, swimming in the pool, etc?

PMing for a plot means if you want your character to cause trouble, break rules that kind of thing. So like in the rules it says; If you have any plans with your character that involve some form of violence, school misconduct (such as skipping class), vandalism, or juvenile conduct then please PM the Guild Captain, Shadow of Miracles, before going through with any of these actions.

As far as clubs go the only time you need to pm someone is...

If a club wants to do a special event such as a field trip then the club members must report their ideas to their club advisor (this must be RPed out). The club advisor will then send a private message to the Guild Captain, Shadow of Miracles, for approval of the special event.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:02 am
Shadow of Miracles

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while. Maria has a sun stone ticket and I have no plans on her having a Pokemon that would need the stone. But she's got a friend that she knows would love it. I was wondering if it would be possible to give it as a gift to him? Just to note he doesn't have a 'stone ticket' of his own.

Asked this a while ago but it was never answered so I figured I'd move it down.  

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:29 am
Shadow of Miracles
[

Hey, I know you said I could post Aislin either in the cafe or the library but what about his room?

Can I post him waking up there in the mornings before he heads into the library for work?

Also what are the library hours of operation? Most schools have them open from 7 am until 8 PM ( although I imagine since it's a boarding school it could be like a public library and close at 10 PM? Once all the kids are in bed?) then there's usually a break so the librarian can eat and stretch their legs a bit ( can be 10 or 30 minutes depending on the library) The hours also change for Weekends, usually closing early on Sunday. So would Aislin be there until the night phase?

I know a lot about Public libraries and school libraries cause I basically lived in them so for the most part I can write about his job
but I'm also kiiinda flyin blind here since Ordell doesn't seem to be like a lot of the schools we know . sweatdrop
Just wanted to know so if I ever mention Aislin's hours or have him eat lunch I'm not getting anything wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:25 pm
Hope the kind

Usually when a person plots its because the event the person is planning is big or something interesting enough that requires some extra thinking to perform. That's how I define plotting. An event that requires planning or careful thinking so that it can be performed well.

Acts like hanging out with a friend or going out to eat to eat in a group don't really require all that careful planning. So its not so much the action taking place that is considered plotting, but rather its the desired outcome of that action.

EX: If you plan to hang out with a friend that's fine, but if the reason for hanging out is to skip class (the plotting) then yes you do need to contact crew.

The rules do say that juvenile-like conduct requires permission before being performed. This is not so much to keep you guys "in-check" but instead to reinforce that there is definitely consequences for the actions that a person takes.

Club activities definitely need to be reviewed with crew. Think of it like this, in a real school if a club wants to do something big like going on a field trip then the principal of that school needs to know that these children are going out (for safety reasons along with other policies).

What makes this very tricky is the fact that people need to properly think about the actions their character is taking. A lot of the times, the reason why I've had to talk with some members is because they did not consider the situation carefully. For example, a cousin decides to visit the academy, he/she surprises the student character and its all fun, but how did the cousin get there? Who gave the cousin permission to enter the academy? did the cousin sneak in the academy? how could that have happened when they have security guards patrolling the academy? can you assume that the cousin somehow managed to get permission to go about the academy without a care? can the cousin even be in the academy without parent supervision? I could go on and on.

I guess the best advise that I can give is to think really really carefully and if at any point during that thought process you question the action that your character will need to take then please contact crew.

murruelecreuset

At the moment "gifting" an item to another player has only been done in events (such as the lamia festival) and even then the person accepting the gift also gives up a reward slot for doing so.

The only way for this friend to obtain Maria's Sun Stone Ticket is to trade the item with her and it must be another evolution stone ticket.

This is the most fair option at the moment since it wouldn't be right to just give away something rare without getting something of equal value in return sweatdrop this might change in the future, but for the moment there's no change

Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Yes, posting him in his room in the mornings is no problem just like posting him in the evening in his room (to go to bed) is okay as well.

The morning and night phase of the day is everyone's time to be waking up to get ready for work/classes or going to bed to prepare for the next day.

Its true that at the beginning we were a lot more strict on employee characters, but I've realized that there's no need to make things complicated. This is basically the current break down for employee's actions:

RP Day One:
- Morning phase: can post anywhere on-campus and off-campus (no amphitrite city)
- Morning Class: can only post in their designed work areas (librarian can only post in the library)
- Lunch: can post in the cafeteria to eat (but be mindful that some students might want to go to the library during lunch time or might need to see a nurse during lunch time)
- Afternoon Class: same as morning class, can only post in designed work area.
- Afternoon phase: there's a little more freedom to move around (you can go to the cafeteria to eat again), but you should still try to remain in your designed work area. You can even visit another employee's work area, but please be mindful that you are still supposed to be working in your area so no more than a couple of posts before you have to head back to your designed area.
-Evening phase: can post going to bed in your room or exploring some of the academy (on-campus and off-campus). if you want to amphitrite city than that's okay too just don't forget about the transportation posts.

RP Day Two:
- Morning phase: can post anywhere on-campus and off-campus (no amphitrite city)
- Gym Class: can only post in their designed work areas (librarian can only post in the library)
- Lunch: can post in the cafeteria to eat (but be mindful that some students might want to go to the library during lunch time or might need to see a nurse during lunch time)
- Afternoon phase/Club Activities: this is the same as RP Day One, but there will be some academy employees that are club advisors and these employees are welcome to post in their designed club room BUT only when the president of the club (the student character) has asked for their club advisor to be present.
-Evening phase: can post going to bed in your room or exploring some of the academy (on-campus and off-campus). if you want to amphitrite city than that's okay too just don't forget about the transportation posts.

RP Day Three (Free Day):
- Academy employees do not have to work on this day. It is your choice what you decide to do with your day. If you're the librarian, but still want to hang out in the library in case some kids might need help then that's your choice, but you have no obligation to be present in your designed work area.
- You're free to do whatever you want for the day and if you're club advisor then you're also free to visit the club area without having to be called by the president of that club.

I hope that answers your question 3nodding as for exact times of operation, 7am to 8pm sounds about right, but the concept of time in an RP is difficult to define sweatdrop so I say let's go with those numbers  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:09 am
Hey yall
I just wanted to ask about non friendship/level/stone based evolution.
(I.E. Location based like with Glaceon and Leafeon, fairy move + pokemon amie hearts like with Sylveon, etc.)

Are there any updates on how this all might work?
It's fine if not; to my awareness it really only affects Nirav and Faye at the moment and there's a lot of other stuff going on that's a little more pertinent
Thought about it while I was fixing up Nirav's thread, so I thought I'd ask

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:02 pm
Shadow of Miracles

Yes, actually he would be able to access any place On-Campus except for the Houses or the rooms of student/teachers/other employees.

All employee characters are expected to remain close to their designated area. For example, the librarian staying in the library or the nurse in the nurse's office.

Employee characters will have a "day off" but this only happens during the "Free Day" of the week, but during the other days they are expected to be in the academy.

I hope that this has helped

EDIT

The RP day is ending right now so the RP will be closed until we have finished the date change. If you were planning to post your character now I would hold off until we have finished the date change

I just wanted to say this in case you were planning on posting now sweatdrop

Okay great, thank you!  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:13 pm
Shadow of Miracles

Yes, posting him in his room in the mornings is no problem just like posting him in the evening in his room (to go to bed) is okay as well.

The morning and night phase of the day is everyone's time to be waking up to get ready for work/classes or going to bed to prepare for the next day.

Its true that at the beginning we were a lot more strict on employee characters, but I've realized that there's no need to make things complicated. This is basically the current break down for employee's actions:

RP Day One:
- Morning Class: can only post in their designed work areas (librarian can only post in the library)
- Afternoon Class: same as morning class, can only post in designed work area.
- Afternoon phase: there's a little more freedom to move around (you can go to the cafeteria to eat again), but you should still try to remain in your designed work area. You can even visit another employee's work area, but please be mindful that you are still supposed to be working in your area so no more than a couple of posts before you have to head back to your designed area.

RP Day Two:
- Gym Class: can only post in their designed work areas (librarian can only post in the library)
- Afternoon phase/Club Activities: this is the same as RP Day One, but there will be some academy employees that are club advisors and these employees are welcome to post in their designed club room BUT only when the president of the club (the student character) has asked for their club advisor to be present.

RP Day Three (Free Day):
- Academy employees do not have to work on this day. It is your choice what you decide to do with your day. If you're the librarian, but still want to hang out in the library in case some kids might need help then that's your choice, but you have no obligation to be present in your designed work area.
- You're free to do whatever you want for the day and if you're club advisor then you're also free to visit the club area without having to be called by the president of that club.

I hope that answers your question 3nodding as for exact times of operation, 7am to 8pm sounds about right, but the concept of time in an RP is difficult to define sweatdrop so I say let's go with those numbers

Alrighty. This actually helps a lot I think I'll use it to format out plans for my character.
I've also added the job description on Aislin's profile thread so let me know if I got anything wrong ( I kinda had to do a general job description for librarian cause they're a bit different everywhere sweatdrop )
Ty~ ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:02 pm
umm did the bell ring yet?

Just wondering cause the announcement said class would start Saturday but we usually have a separate announcement for the bell.

Just don't wanna get Marcus ( or myself ) in trouble.  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:07 pm
DJ Double B

We are still working out on how to change some of the evolutions, but unfortunately we have not discussed this yet sweatdrop

Chances are that we will eventually add the Moss Rock and the Ice Rock to allow Eevee to evolve, but as for other unique evolutions we have just not paid enough attention to this at the moment and chances are that we might not get to it until we see more demand for these special evolutions.

I guess the long story short is that this topic of special evolution is not in our current priority list for now. However we will get to it eventually! 3nodding

Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Sorry, the bell hasn't rung yet. I have been away most of this weekend so I was not able to post any guild announcements ^^:

However, there will be one shortly, but you can definitely have Marcus go over to the gymnasium if you'd like 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:45 pm
Shadow of Miracles

Chances are that we will eventually add the Moss Rock and the Ice Rock to allow Eevee to evolve, but as for other unique evolutions we have just not paid enough attention to this at the moment and chances are that we might not get to it until we see more demand for these special evolutions.

It's all good. Like I said, it only affects a few characters rn
I've been thinking about Sylveon for Nirav for a while now, so if there are any updates/ideas on that in particular, please do let me know!
Kinda need to know what's up with that lol

Thanks!  

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:18 am
Had another quick question or two if that's alright
A lil over a month ago, you guys mentioned making a thread dedicated to explaining the Evren region as well as some of the norms of other regions/places.

Is there any update on this?
Will it be taking into account how current characters have described their hometowns? Or is this less about specific towns and more about the regions in general/how they interact?

Also, would it be possible for regular members to voice input on characteristics/norms of some of the canon regions their characters are from?
Not at all Evren, but Kanto, or Johto?

Thanks!  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas