Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:42 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 9
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 And when the Queene of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon, shee came to prooue Solomon with hard questions at Ierusalem, with a very great companie, and camels that bare spices, and golde in abundance, and precious stones: and when she was come to Solomon, shee communed with him of all that was in her heart.

2 And Solomon tolde her all her questions: and there was nothing hid from Solomon, which he told her not.

3 And when the Queene of Sheba had seene the wisedome of Solomon, and the house that he had built,

4 And the meate of his table, and the sitting of his seruants, and the attendance of his ministers, and their apparell, his cup-bearers also, and their apparell, and his ascent, by which hee went vp into the house of the Lord; there was no more spirit in her.

5 And she said to the King, It was a true report which I heard in mine owne land, of thine actes, and of thy wisedome:

6 Howbeit, I beleeued not their wordes, vntill I came, and mine eyes had seene it: and behold, the one halfe of the greatnesse of thy wisedome was not tolde mee: for thou exceedest the fame that I heard.

7 Happy are thy men, and happy are these thy seruants, which stand continually before thee, and heare thy wisedome.

8 Blessed be the Lord thy God, which delighted in thee to set thee on his throne, to be King for the Lord thy God: because thy God loued Israel, to establish them for euer, therefore made hee thee King ouer them, to doe iudgement and iustice.

9 And she gaue the king an hundred and twentie talents of gold, and of spices great abundance, & precious stones: neither was there any such spice as the Queene of Sheba gaue King Solomon.

10 And the seruants also of Huram, and the seruants of Solomon, which brought gold from Ophir, brought Algume trees and, precious stones.

11 And the king made of the Algume trees, terrises to the house of the Lord, and to the kings palace, and harpes and psalteries for singers: and there were none such seene before in the laud of Iudah.

12 And King Solomon gaue to the Queene of Sheba, all her desire, whatsoeuer she asked, besides that which she had brought vnto the king: So she turned, and went away to her owne land, she, and her seruants.

13 ¶ Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one yeere, was sixe hundred and threescore and sixe talents of gold:

14 Besides that which chapmen and merchants brought: and all the kings of Arabia, and gouernours of the countrie, brought gold and siluer to Solomon.

15 ¶ And king Solomon made two hundred targets of beaten gold: sixe hundred shekels of beaten gold went to one target.

16 And three hundred shields made he of beaten gold: three hundred shekels of gold went to one shield: and the king put them in the house of the forrest of Lebanon.

17 Moreouer the king made a great throne of yuorie, and ouerlaid it with pure gold.

18 And there were sixe steps to the throne, with a footstoole of gold, which were fastened to the throne, and stayes on each side of the sitting place, and two lyons standing by the stayes.

19 And twelue lyons stood there on the one side and on the other, vpon the sixe steps. There was not the like made in any kingdome.

20 ¶ And all the drinking vessels of King Solomon were of gold, and all the vessels of the house of the forrest of Lebanon were of pure gold: none were of siluer; it was not any thing accounted of in the dayes of Solomon.

21 For the kings ships went to Tarshish with the seruants of Huram: euerie three yeeres once came the ships of Tarshish bringing golde, and siluer, yuorie, and apes, and peacocks.

22 And king Solomon passed all the kings of the earth in riches and wisedome.

23 ¶ And all the kings of the earth sought the presence of Solomon, to heare his wisedome, that God had put in his heart.

24 And they brought euery man his present, vessels of siluer, and vessels of gold, and raiment, harnesse, and spices, horses, and mules, a rate yeere by yeere.

25 ¶ And Solomon had foure thousand stalles for horses, and charets, and twelue thousand horsemen, whom hee bestowed in the charet cities, and with the king at Ierusalem.

26 ¶ And hee reigned ouer all the kings, from the riuer, euen vnto the land of the Philistines, and to the border of Egypt.

27 And the king made siluer in Ierusalem as stones, and cedar trees made he as the Sycomore trees, that are in the low plaines, in abundance.

28 And they brought vnto Solomon horses out of Egypt, and out of all lands.

29 ¶ Now the rest of the actes of Solomon first and last, are they not written in the booke of Nathan the Prophet, and in the prophesie of Ahiiah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the Seer, against Ieroboam the sonne of Nebat?

30 And Solomon reigned in Ierusalem ouer all Israel, fourtie yeeres.

31 And Solomon slept with his fathers, and hee was buried in the citie of Dauid his father, and Rehoboam his sonne reigned in his stead.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:19 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 10

1 And Rehoboam went to Shechem: for to Shechem were all Israel come to make him king.

2 And it came to passe when Ieroboam the sonne of Nebat (who was in Egypt, whither hee had fled from the presence of Solomon the king) heard it, that Ieroboam returned out of Egypt.

3 And they sent and called him. So Ieroboam and all Israel came, and spake to Rehoboam, saying,

4 Thy father made our yoke grieuous, nowe therefore ease thou somewhat the grieuous seruitude of thy father, and his heauy yoke that he put vpon vs, and we will serue thee.

5 And hee said vnto them, Come againe vnto me after three dayes. And the people departed.

6 ¶ And king Rehoboam tooke counsel with the old men that had stood before Solomon his father, while hee yet liued, saying, What counsell giue ye me, to returne answere to this people?

7 And they spake vnto him, saying, If thou bee kinde to this people, and please them, and speake good words to them, they will be thy seruants for euer.

8 But he forsooke the counsel which the old men gaue him, and tooke counsell with the yong men, that were brought vp with him, that stood before him.

9 And he said vnto them, What aduice giue ye, that wee may returne answere to this people, which haue spoken to me, saying, Ease somewhat the yoke that thy father did put vpon vs?

10 And the yong men that were brought vp with him, spake vnto him, saying, Thus shalt thou answere the people that spake vnto thee, saying, Thy father made our yoke heauy, but make thou it somewhat lighter for vs: thus shalt thou say vnto them, My litle finger shall be thicker then my fathers loynes.

11 For where as my father put a heauy yoke vpon you, I will put more to your yoke: my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

12 So Ieroboam and all the people came to Rehoboam on the third day, as the King bade, saying, Come againe to me on the third day.

13 And the king answered them roughly, and king Rehoboam forsooke the counsell of the old men,

14 And answered them after the aduice of the yong men, saying, My father made your yoke heauy, but I will adde thereto: my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

15 So the king hearkened not vnto the people, for the cause was of God, that the Lord might performe his word, which he spake by the hand of Ahijah the Shilonite to Ieroboam the sonne of Nebat.

16 ¶ And when all Israel sawe that the king would not hearken vnto them, the people answered the king saying, What portion haue wee in Dauid? and wee haue none inheritance in the sonne of Iesse: Euery man to your tents, O Israel: and now Dauid, see to thine owne house. So all Israel went to their tents.

17 But as for the children of Israel that dwelt in the cities of Iudah, Rehoboam reigned ouer them.

18 Then king Rehoboam sent Hadoram that was ouer the tribute, and the children of Israel stoned him with stones, that he died: but king Rehoboam made speed to get him vp to his charet, to flee to Ierusalem.

19 And Israel rebelled against the house of Dauid vnto this day.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:16 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 11

1 And when Rehoboam was come to Ierusalem, he gathered of the house of Iudah and Beniamin, an hundred and fourescore thousand chosen men, which were warriers, to fight against Israel, that hee might bring the kingdome againe to Rehoboam.

2 But the worde of the Lord came to Shemaiah the man of God, saying,

3 Speake vnto Rehoboam the son of Solomon, king of Iudah, and to all Israel in Iudah & Beniamin, saying,

4 Thus saith the Lord; Ye shall not goe vp, nor fight against your brethren: returne euery man to his house, for this thing is done of me. And they obeyed the words of the Lord, and returned from going against Ieroboam.

5 ¶ And Rehoboam dwelt in Ierusalem, and built cities for defence in Iudah.

6 He built euen Bethlehem, and Etam, and Tekoa,

7 And Bethzur, and Shoco, and Adullam,

8 And Gath, and Maresha, and Ziph,

9 And Adoraim, and Lachish, and Azekah,

10 And Zorah, and Aialon, and Hebron, which are in Iudah and in Beniamin, fenced cities.

11 And he fortified the strong holds, and put captaines in them, and store of vitaile, and of oyle and wine.

12 And in euery seuerall citie he put shields and speares, and made them exceeding strong, hauing Iudah and Beniamin on his side.

13 ¶ And the Priests and the Leuites that were in all Israel, resorted to him out of all their coasts.

14 For the Leuites left their suburbs, and their possession, and came to Iudah and Ierusalem: for Ieroboam and his sonnes had cast them off from executing the Priests office vnto the Lord.

15 And hee ordeined him priests for the high places, and for the deuils, and for the calues which he had made.

16 And after them out of all the tribes of Israel, such as set their hearts to seeke the Lord God of Israel, came to Ierusalem, to sacrifice vnto the Lord God of their fathers.

17 So they strengthened the kingdome of Iudah, and made Rehoboam the sonne of Solomon strong, three yeeres: for three yeeres they walked in the way of Dauid and Solomon.

18 ¶ And Rehoboam tooke him Mahalath the daughter of Ierimoth the sonne of Dauid to wife, and Abihail the daughter of Eliab the son of Iesse:

19 Which bare him children, Ieush, and Shamariah, and Zaham.

20 And after her, hee tooke Maacah the daughter of Absalom, which bare him Abiiah, and Atthai, and Ziza, and Shelomith.

21 And Rehoboam loued Maacah the daughter of Absalom, aboue all his wiues and his concubines: for he tooke eighteene wiues, and threescore concubines, and begate twentie and eight sonnes, and threescore daughters.

22 And Rehoboam made Abiiah the sonne of Maacah the chiefe, to be ruler among his brethren: for he thought to make him king.

23 And he dealt wisely, and dispersed of all his children throughout all the countries of Iudah and Beniamin, vnto euery fenced citie: and he gaue them vitaile in abundance: and hee desired many wiues.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:06 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 12

1 And it came to passe when Rehoboam had established the kingdome, and had strengthened himselfe, hee forsooke the Law of the Lord, and all Israel with him.

2 And it came to passe, that in the fifth yere of Rehoboam, Shishak king of Egypt came vp against Ierusalem, ( because they had transgressed against the Lord )

3 With twelue hundred charets, and threescore thousand horsemen: and the people were without number that came with him out of Egypt: the Lubims, the Sukkiims, & the Ethiopians.

4 And hee tooke the fenced cities which perteined to Iudah, and came to Ierusalem.

5 ¶ Then came Shemaiah the prophet to Rehoboam, and to the Princes of Iudah that were gathered together to Ierusalem because of Shishak, and said vnto them, Thus saith the Lord, Ye haue forsaken me, and therfore haue I also left you in the hand of Shishak.

6 Whereupon, the Princes of Israel, and the king humbled themselues and they saide, The Lord is righteous.

7 And when the Lord saw that they humbled themselues, the word of the Lord came to Shemaiah, saying, They haue humbled themselues, therefore I will not destroy them, but I will grant them some deliuerance, and my wrath shall not bee powred out vpon Ierusalem, by the hand of Shishak.

8 Neuerthelesse they shalbe his seruants, that they may know my seruice, and the seruice of the kingdomes of the countreys.

9 So Shishak king of Egypt came vp against Ierusalem, and tooke away the treasures of the house of the Lord, and the treasures of the kings house, hee tooke all: he caried away also the shields of gold, which Solomon had made.

10 In stead of which, king Rehoboam made shields of brasse, and committed them to the hands of the chiefe of the guard, that kept the entrance of the Kings house.

11 And when the king entred into the house of the Lord, the guard came and fet them, and brought them againe into the guard-chamber.

12 And when he humbled himselfe, the wrath of the Lord turned from him, that hee would not destroy him altogether: and also in Iudah things went well.

13 ¶ So king Rehoboam strengthened himselfe in Ierusalem, and reigned: for Rehoboam was one and fourty yeeres olde when hee began to reigne, and he reigned seuenteen yeeres in Ierusalem, the citie which the Lord had chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, to put his Name there: and his mothers name was Naamah an Ammonitesse.

14 And hee did euill, because hee prepared not his heart to seeke the Lord.

15 Now the acts of Rehoboam first and last, are they not written in the booke of Shemaiah the Prophet, and of Iddo the Seer, concerning genealogies? and there were warres betweene Rehoboam & Ieroboam continually.

16 And Rehoboam slept with his fathers, and was buried in the citie of Dauid, and Abiiah his sonne reigned in his stead.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:20 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 13

1 Nowe in the eighteenth yeere of king Ieroboam, began Abiiah to reigne ouer Iudah.

2 He reigned three yeres in Ierusalem: (his mothers name also was Michaiah the daughter of Uriel of Gibea smile and there was warre between Abiiah and Ieroboam.

3 And Abiiah set the battel in aray with an army of valiant men of warre, euen foure hundred thousand chosen men: Ieroboam also set the battell in aray against him with eight hundred thousand chosen men, being mightie men of valour.

4 ¶ And Abiiah stood vp vpon mount Zemaraim, which is in mount Ephraim, and sayde, Heare mee thou Ieroboam, and all Israel:

5 Ought you not to know, that the Lord God of Israel gaue the kingdome ouer Israel to Dauid for euer, euen to him and to his sonnes by a couenant of salt?

6 Yet Ieroboam the sonne of Nebat, the seruant of Solomon the sonne of Dauid, is risen vp, and hath rebelled against his Lord.

7 And there are gathered vnto him vaine men the children of Belial, and haue strengthened themselues against Rehoboam the sonne of Solomon, when Rehoboam was young, & tender hearted, and could not withstand them.

8 And now ye thinke to withstand the kingdome of the Lord, in the hand of the sonnes of Dauid, and ye be a great multitude, and there are with you golden calues, which Ieroboam made you for gods.

9 Haue yee not cast out the Priests of the Lord the sonnes of Aaron, and the Leuites, and haue made you priests after the maner of the nations of other lands? so that whosoeuer commeth to consecrate himselfe with a young bullocke and seuen rammes, the same may be a priest of them that are no gods.

10 But as for vs, the Lord is our God, and wee haue not forsaken him, and the Priests which minister vnto the Lord, are the sonnes of Aaron, and the Leuites waite vpon their businesse.

11 And they burne vnto the Lord euery morning, and euery euening, burnt sacrifices and sweete incense: the shew-bread also set they in order vpon the pure table, and the Candlesticke of golde with the lampes therof, to burne euery euening: for we keepe the charge of the Lord our God, but yee haue forsaken him.

12 And behold, God himselfe is with vs for our captaine, and his Priests with sounding trumpets to cry alarme against you: O children of Israel, fight ye not against the Lord God of your fathers, for you shall not prosper.

13 ¶ But Ieroboam caused an ambushment to come about behinde them: so they were before Iudah, and the ambushment was behind them.

14 And when Iudah looked backe, behold, the battel was before and behind; and they cried vnto the Lord, and the Priests sounded with the trumpets.

15 Then the men of Iudah gaue a shout: and as the men of Iudah shouted, it came to passe that God smote Ieroboam and all Israel, before Abiiah and Iudah.

16 And the children of Israel fled before Iudah: and God deliuered them into their hand.

17 And Abiiah and his people slew them with a great slaughter: so there fel downe slaine of Israel, fiue hundred thousand chosen men.

18 Thus the children of Israel were brought vnder at that time, and the children of Iudah preuailed, because they relied vpon the Lord God of their fathers.

19 And Abiiah pursued after Ieroboam, & tooke cities from him, Beth-el with the townes thereof, and Ieshanah with the townes thereof, and Ephrain with the townes thereof.

20 Neither did Ieroboam recouer strength againe in the dayes of Abiiah: and the Lord strooke him, & he died.

21 ¶ But Abiiah waxed mighty, and married fourteene wiues, and begate twentie and two sonnes, and sixteene daughters.

22 And the rest of the acts of Abiiah, and his waies, and his sayings, are written in the story of the Prophet Iddo.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:27 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 14

1 So Abiiah slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the citie of Dauid, and Asa his sonne reigned in his stead: in his dayes the land was quiet ten yeeres.

2 And Asa did that which was good and right in the eyes of the Lord his God.

3 For hee tooke away the altars of the strange gods, and the high places, and brake downe the images, and cut downe the groues:

4 And commanded Iudah to seeke the Lord God of their fathers, and to do the Law, and the Commandement.

5 Also he tooke away out of all the cities of Iudah, the high places and the images: and the kingdome was quiet before him.

6 ¶ And hee built fenced cities in Iudah; for the land had rest, and hee had no warre in those yeeres; because the Lord had giuen him rest.

7 Therefore hee said vnto Iudah, Let vs build these cities, & make about them walles, and towers, gates and barres, while the land is yet before vs: because wee haue sought the Lord our God, wee haue sought him, and hee hath giuen vs rest on euery side: so they built, and prospered.

8 And Asa had an armie of men that bare targets and speares, out of Iudah three hundred thousand, and out of Beniamin, that bare shields and drew bowes, two hundred and fourescore thousand: all these were mighty men of valour.

9 ¶ And there came out against them Zerah the Ethiopian, with an host of a thousand thousand, and three hundred charets, and came vnto Mareshah.

10 Then Asa went out against him, and they set the battel in aray in the valley of Zephathah at Mareshah.

11 And Asa cried vnto the Lord his God, and said, Lord, it is nothing with thee to helpe, whether with many, or with them that haue no power. Helpe vs, O Lord our God, for we rest on thee, and in thy Name wee goe against this multitude: O Lord thou art our God, let not man preuaile against thee.

12 So the Lord smote the Ethiopians before Asa, and before Iudah, and the Ethiopians fled.

13 And Asa and the people that were with him, pursued them vnto Gerar: and the Ethiopians were ouerthrown, that they could not recouer themselues, for they were destroyed before the Lord, and before his hoste, and they caried away very much spoile.

14 And they smote all the cities round about Gerar, for the feare of the Lord came vpon them: and they spoiled all the cities, for there was exceeding much spoile in them.

15 They smote also the tents of cattell, and caried away sheepe and camels inabundance, and returned to Ierusalem.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:19 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 15

1 And the Spirit of God came vpon Azariah the sonne of Oded.

2 And he went out to meet Asa, and said vnto him, Heare ye me, Asa, and all Iudah, and Beniamin, The Lord is with you, while yee be with him: and if yee seeke him, he will be found of you: but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.

3 Now for a long season Israel hath bene without the true God, and without a teaching priest, and without law.

4 But when they in their trouble did turne vnto the Lord God of Israel, and sought him, hee was found of them.

5 And in those times there was no peace to him that went out, nor to him that came in, but great vexations were vpon all the inhabitants of the countreys.

6 And nation was destroyed of nation, and citie of citie: for God did vexe them with all aduersitie.

7 Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands bee weake: for your worke shall be rewarded.

8 And when Asa heard these words, and the prophesie of Oded the prophet, he tooke courage, and put away the abominable idoles out of all the lande of Iudah and Beniamin, and out of the cities which hee had taken from mount Ephraim, and renewed the Altar of the Lord, that was before the porch of the Lord.

9 And he gathered all Iudah and Beniamin, and the strangers with them out of Ephraim and Manasseh, and out of Simeon: (for they fell to him out of Israel in abundance when they saw that the Lord his God was with him.)

10 So they gathered themselues together at Ierusalem, in the third moneth, in the fifteenth yeere of the reigne of Asa.

11 And they offered vnto the Lord the same time, of the spoile which they had brought, seuen hundred oxen, and seuen thousand sheepe.

12 And they entred into a couenant to seeke the Lord God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soule:

13 That whosoeuer would not seeke the Lord God of Israel, should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

14 And they sware vnto the Lord with a loud voice, and with shouting, and with trumpets, and with cornets.

15 And all Iudah reioyced at the oath: for they had sworne with all their heart, & sought him with their whole desire, and he was found of them: and the Lord gaue them rest round about.

16 ¶ And also concerning Maachah the mother of Asa the king, he remooued her from beeing Queene, because she had made an idole in a groue: and Asa cut downe her idole, and stamped it, and burnt it at the brooke Kidron.

17 But the high places were not taken away out of Israel: neuerthelesse the heart of Asa was perfect all his dayes.

18 ¶ And he brought into the house of God the things that his father had dedicated, and that he himselfe had dedicated, siluer, and gold, and vessels.

19 And there was no more warre vnto the fiue and thirtieth yeere of the reigne of Asa.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:12 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 16

1 In the sixe and thirtieth yeere of the reigne of Asa, Baasha king of Israel came vp against Iudah, and built Ramah, to the intent that hee might let none goe out or come in to Asa king of Iudah.

2 Then Asa brought out siluer and golde out of the treasures of the house of the Lord, and of the kings house, and sent to Benhadad King of Syria that dwelt at Damascus, saying;

3 There is a league betweene me and thee, as there was betweene my father and thy father: beholde, I haue sent thee siluer and golde, goe, breake thy league with Baasha king of Israel, that he may depart from me.

4 And Benhadad hearkened vnto king Asa, and sent the captaines of his armies against the cities of Israel; and they smote Iion, and Dan, and Abelmaim, & all the store-cities of Naphtali.

5 And it came to passe, when Baasha heard it, that hee left off building of Ramah, and let his worke cease.

6 Then Asa the king tooke all Iudah, and they caried away the stones of Ramah, and the timber thereof, wherewith Baasha was a building, and hee built there with Geba and Mizpah.

7 ¶ And at that time Hanani the Seer came to Asa king of Iudah, and said vnto him, Because thou hast relyed on the king of Syria, and not relyed on the Lord thy God, therefore is the hoste of the king of Syria escaped out of thine hand.

8 Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubims a huge hoste, with very many charets and horsemen? Yet because thou diddest relie on the Lord, he deliuered them into thine hand.

9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shewe himselfe strong in the behalfe of them, whose heart is perfite towards him. Herein thou hast done foolishly; therefore, from hencefoorth thou shalt haue warres.

10 Then Asa was wroth with the Seer, and put him in a prison-house; for he was in a rage with him because of this thing. And Asa oppressed some of the people the same time.

11 ¶ And behold, the actes of Asa first and last, lo, they are written in the booke of the Kings of Iudah and Israel.

12 And Asa in the thirtie and ninth yeere of his reigne, was diseased in his feete, vntill his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease hee sought not to the Lord, but to the Physicians.

13 ¶ And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fourtieth yeere of his reigne.

14 And they buried him in his owne sepulchres which he had made for himselfe in the citie of Dauid, and laide him in the bed, which was filled with sweet odours, and diuers kindes of spices prepared by the Apothecaries arte: & they made a very great burning for him.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:31 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 17

1 And Iehoshaphat his sonne reigned in his stead, and strengthened himselfe against Israel.

2 And he placed forces in all the fenced cities of Iudah, and set garisons in the land of Iudah, and in the cities of Ephraim, which Asa his father had taken.

3 And the Lord was with Iehoshaphat, because hee walked in the first wayes of his father Dauid, and sought not vnto Baalim:

4 But sought to the Lord God of his father, and walked in his commandements, and not after the doings of Israel:

5 Therefore the Lord stablished the kingdome in his hand, and all Iudah brought to Iehoshaphat presents, and he had riches and honour in abundance.

6 And his heart was lift vp in the wayes of the Lord: moreouer hee tooke away the high places and groues out of Iudah.

7 ¶ Also in the third yeere of his reigne, hee sent to his princes, euen to Benhail, and to Obadiah, and to Zechariah, and to Nethaneel, and to Michaiah, to teach in the cities of Iudah:

8 And with them hee sent Leuites, euen Shemaiah, and Nethaniah, and Zebadiah, and Asahel, and Shemiramoth, and Iehonathan, and Adoniiah, and Tobiiah, and Tob-adoniiah, Leuites: and with them, Elishama and Iehoram, Priests.

9 And they taught in Iudah, and had the book of the Law of the Lord with them, and went about throughout all the cities of Iudah, and taught the people.

10 ¶ And the feare of the Lord fell vpon all the kingdomes of the lands that were round about Iudah, so that they made no warre against Iehoshaphat.

11 Also some of the Philistines brought Iehoshaphat presents, and tribute siluer, and the Arabians brought him flocks, seuen thousand and seuen hundred rammes, and seuen thousand and seuen hundred he goats.

12 ¶ And Iehoshaphat waxed great exceedingly, and he built in Iudah castles, and cities of store.

13 And he had much businesse in the cities of Iudah: and the men of warre, mightie men of valour, were in Ierusalem.

14 And these are the numbers of them according to the house of their fathers: Of Iudah, the captaines of thousands, Adnah the chiefe, and with him mighty men of valour, three hundred thousand.

15 And next to him was Iehohanan the captaine, and with him two hundred and fourescore thousand.

16 And next him was Amasiah the sonne of Zichri, who willingly offered himselfe vnto the Lord, and with him two hundred thousand mightie men of valour.

17 And of Beniamin, Eliada a mightie man of valour, and with him, armed men with bow and shield two hundred thousand.

18 And next him was Iehoshabad, and with him an hundred and foure score thousand, ready prepared for the warre.

19 These waited on the king, besides those whom the king put in the fenced cities throughout all Iudah.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:53 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 18

1 Now Iehoshaphat had riches and honour in abundance, and ioyned affinitie with Ahab.

2 And after certaine yeeres, he went downe to Ahab to Samaria: and Ahab killed sheepe and oxen for him in abundance, and for the people that he had with him, and perswaded him to goe vp with him to Ramoth Gilead.

3 And Ahab king of Israel said vnto Iehoshaphat king of Iudah, Wilt thou goe with me to Ramoth Gilead? And he answered him, I am as thou art, and my people as thy people, and we will be with thee in the warre.

4 ¶ And Iehoshaphat saide vnto the king of Israel, Enquire, I pray thee, at the word of the Lord to day.

5 Therefore the king of Israel gathered together of prophets foure hundred men, and said vnto them, Shal we goe to Ramoth Gilead to battel, or shal I forbeare? And they said, Goe vp, for God will deliuer it into the kings hand.

6 But Iehoshaphat saide, Is there not here a Prophet of the Lord besides, that we might enquire of him?

7 And the king of Israel said vnto Iehoshaphat, There is yet one man, by whom we may enquire of the Lord: but I hate him, for he neuer prophesied good vnto me, but alwayes euill: the same is Micaiah the sonne of Iimla. And Iehoshaphat saide, Let not the king say so.

8 And the king of Israel called for one of his officers, and saide, Fetch quickly Micaiah the sonne of Iimla.

9 And the king of Israel and Iehoshaphat king of Iudah sate, either of them on his throne, clothed in their robes, and they sate in a voide place at the entring in of the gate of Samaria, and all the prophets prophesied before them.

10 And Zedekiah the sonne of Chenaanah, had made him hornes of yron, and said, Thus saith the Lord, With these thou shalt push Syria, vntil they be consumed.

11 And all the prophets prophesied so, saying, Goe vp to Ramoth Gilead, and prosper: for the Lord shall deliuer it into the hand of the king.

12 And the messenger that went to call Micaiah, spake to him, saying, Behold, the words of the prophets declare good to the king with one assent: let thy word therefore, I pray thee be like one of theirs, and speake thou good.

13 And Micaiah said, As the Lord liueth, euen what my God saith, that will I speake.

14 And when hee was come to the king, the king sayd vnto him, Micaiah, shall we goe to Ramoth Gilead to battell, or shall I fobreare? and he sayd, Goe yee vp, and prosper, and they shall be deliuered into your hand.

15 And the king sayd to him, Howe many times shall I adiure thee, that thou say nothing but the truth to me, in the name of the Lord?

16 Then he sayd, I did see all Israel scattered vpon the mountaines, as sheepe that haue no shepheard: and the Lord sayd, These haue no master, let them returne therefore, euery man to his house in peace.

17 (And the king of Israel sayd to Iehoshaphat, Did I not tell thee, that hee would not prophesie good vnto mee, but euill?)

18 Againe he sayd; Therefore heare the word of the Lord: I sawe the Lord sitting vpon his throne, and all the hoste of heauen standing on his right hand, and on his left.

19 And the Lord sayd, Who shall entise Ahab king of Israel, that hee may goe vp and fall at Ramoth Gilead? And one spake, saying after this maner, and another saying after that maner.

20 Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and sayd, I will entise him. And the Lord sayd vnto him, Wherewith?

21 And hee sayd, I will goe out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the Lord sayd, Thou shalt entise him, and thou shalt also preuaile: goe out, and doe euen so.

22 Nowe therefore behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken euill against thee.

23 Then Zedekiah the sonne of Chenaanah, came neere, and smote Micaiah vpon the cheeke, and sayd, Which way went the spirit of the Lord from mee, to speake vnto thee?

24 And Micaiah sayd, Behold, thou shalt see on that day, when thou shalt goe into an inner chamber to hide thy selfe.

25 Then the king of Israel sayd, Take yee Micaiah, and carie him backe to Amon the gouernour of the citie, and to Ioash the kings sonne:

26 And say, Thus saith the king, Put this fellow in the prison, and feede him with bread of affliction, and with water of affliction, vntill I returne in peace.

27 And Micaiah sayd, If thou certainly returne in peace, then hath not the Lord spoken by mee. And hee sayd, Hearken all yee people.

28 So the king of Israel, and Iehoshaphat the king of Iudah, went vp to Ramoth Gilead.

29 And the king of Israel sayd vnto Iehoshaphat, I will disguise my selfe, and will goe to the battell, but put thou on thy robes. So the king of Israel disguised himselfe, and they went to the battell.

30 Now the king of Syria had commaunded the captaines of the charets that were with him, saying, Fight ye not with small or great, saue onely with the king of Israel.

31 And it came to passe when the captaines of the charets saw Iehoshaphat, that they sayd, It is the king of Israel: therefore they compassed about him to fight. But Iehoshaphat cryed out, and the Lord helped him, and God moued them to depart from him.

32 For it came to passe, that when the captaines of the charets perceiued that it was not the king of Israel, they turned backe againe from pursuing him.

33 And a certaine man drew a bowe at a venture, and smote the king of Israel betweene the ioints of the harnesse: therefore hee sayd to his charetman, Turne thine hand, that thou mayest carie me out of the hoste, for I am wounded.

34 And the battell increased that day: howbeit the king of Israel stayed himselfe vp in his charet against the Syrians, vntill the Euen: and about the time of the sunne going downe, hee dyed.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:46 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 19

1 And Iehoshaphat the king of Iudah returned to his house in peace to Ierusalem.

2 And Iehu the sonne of Hanani the seer, went out to meete him, and sayd to king Iehoshaphat, Shouldest thou helpe the vngodly, and loue them that hate the Lord ? Therefore is wrath vpon thee from before the Lord.

3 Neuerthelesse, there are good things found in thee, in that thou hast taken away the groues out of the land, and hast prepared thine heart to seeke God.

4 And Iehoshaphat dwelt at Ierusalem: and hee went out againe through the people, from Beer-sheba to mount Ephraim, and brought them backe vnto the Lord God of their fathers.

5 ¶ And he set Iudges in the land, throughout all the fenced cities of Iudah, city by city,

6 And said to the Iudges, Take heed what ye doe: for yee iudge not for man, but for the Lord, who is with you in the iudgement.

7 Wherefore now, let the feare of the Lord be vpon you, take heed and doe it: for there is no iniquitie with the Lord our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of gifts.

8 ¶ Moreouer in Ierusalem did Iehoshaphat set of the Leuites, and of the Priests, and of the chiefe of the fathers of Israel, for the iudgement of the Lord, and for controuersies, when they returned to Ierusalem.

9 And hee charged them, saying, Thus shall yee doe in the feare of the Lord faithfully, and with a perfect heart.

10 And what cause soeuer shal come to you of your brethren that dwell in their cities, betweene blood and blood, betweene Law and Commandement, Statutes and Iudgements, yee shall euen warne them that they trespasse not against the Lord, and so wrath come vpon you, and vpon your brethren: this doe, & ye shall not trespasse.

11 And behold, Amariah the chiefe Priest is ouer you in all matters of the Lord, and Zebadiah the sonne of Ishmael, the ruler of the house of Iudah, for all the Kings matters: Also the Leuites shall be officers before you. Deale couragiously, and the Lord shalbe with the good.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:06 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 20

1 It came to passe after this also, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them, other beside the Ammonites, came against Iehoshaphat to battell.

2 Then there came some that tolde Iehoshaphat, saying, There commeth a great multitude against thee from beyond the Sea on this side Syria, and behold, they bee in Hazazon-Tamar, which is En-gedi.

3 And Iehoshaphat feared, and set himselfe to seeke the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Iudah.

4 And Iudah gathered themselues together, to aske helpe of the Lord: euen out of all the cities of Iudah they came to seeke the Lord.

5 ¶ And Iehoshaphat stood in the Congregation of Iudah and Ierusalem, in the house of the Lord before the new Court,

6 And said, O Lord God of our fathers, art not thou God in heauen? and rulest not thou ouer all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?

7 Art not thou our God, who didst driue out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gauest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for euer?

8 And they dwelt therein, and haue built thee a Sanctuarie therein for thy Name, saying,

9 If, when euill commeth vpon vs, as the sword, iudgement, or pestilence, or famine, wee stand before this house, and in thy presence (for thy Name is in this house) and cry vnto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt heare & helpe.

10 And now behold, the children of Ammon, and Moab, and mount Seir, whom thou wouldest not let Israel inuade, when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned from them, and destroyed them not:

11 Beholde, I say, how they reward vs, to come to cast vs out of thy possession, which thou hast giuen vs to inherit.

12 O our God, wilt thou not iudge them? for wee haue no might against this great company that commeth against vs? neither know wee what to doe; but our eyes are vpon thee.

13 And all Iudah stood before the Lord, with their litle ones, their wiues and their children.

14 ¶ Then vpon Iahaziel the sonne of Zechariah, the sonne of Benaiah, the sonne of Iehiel, the sonne of Mattaniah, a Leuite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the Lord in the midst of the Congregation:

15 And he said, Hearken yee, all Iudah, and ye inhabitants of Ierusalem, and thou king Iehoshaphat, Thus sayth the Lord vnto you; Be not afraid, nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battell is not yours, but Gods.

16 To morrow goe ye downe against them: behold, they come vp by the cliffe of Ziz, and ye shall finde them at the end of the brooke, before the wildernesse of Ieruel.

17 Yee shall not neede to fight in this battell; set your selues, stand yee still, and see the saluation of the Lord with you, O Iudah and Ierusalem: feare not, nor be dismayed; to morow goe out against them, for the Lord will bee with you.

18 And Iehoshaphat bowed his head, with his face to the ground: and all Iudah, and the inhabitants of Ierusalem, fell before the Lord, worshipping the Lord.

19 And the Leuites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood vp to praise the Lord God of Israel, with a loude voice on high.

20 ¶ And they rose early in the morning, and went foorth into the wildernesse of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Iehoshaphat stood and said, Heare me, O Iudah, and yee inhabitants of Ierusalem; Beleeue in the Lord your God, so shall you be established; beleeue his Prophets, so shall yee prosper.

21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed Singers vnto the Lord, and that should praise the beautie of holinesse, as they went out before the armie; and to say, Praise the Lord, for his mercy endureth for euer.

22 ¶ And when they beganne to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Iudah, and they were smitten.

23 For the children of Ammon and Moab, stood vp against the inhabitants of mount Seir, vtterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, euery one helped to destroy another.

24 And when Iudah came toward the watch-tower in the wildernesse, they looked vnto the multitude, and behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.

25 And when Iehoshaphat and his people came to take away the spoile of them, they found among them in abundance both riches with the dead bodies, and precious iewels (which they stript off for themselues) more then they could cary away: and they were three dayes in gathering of the spoile, it was so much.

26 ¶ And on the fourth day they assembled themselues in the valley of Berachah; for there they blessed the Lord: therfore the name of the same place was called the valley of Berachah vnto this day.

27 Then they returned, euery man of Iudah and Ierusalem, and Iehoshaphat in the forefront of them, to go againe to Ierusalem with ioy: for the Lord had made them to reioyce ouer their enemies.

28 And they came to Ierusalem with Psalteries, and harpes, and trumpets, vnto the house of the Lord.

29 And the feare of God was on all the kingdoms of those countreys, when they had heard that the Lord fought against the enemies of Israel.

30 So the Realme of Iehoshaphat was quiet; for his God gaue him rest round about.

31 ¶ And Iehoshaphat reigned ouer Iudah: Hee was thirtie and fiue yeeres olde when hee began to reigne, and he reigned twentie and fiue yeeres in Ierusalem: and his mothers name was Azubah the daughter of Shilhi.

32 And he walked in the way of Asa his father, and departed not from it, doing that which was right in the sight of the Lord.

33 Howbeit the high places were not taken away: for as yet the people had not prepared their hearts vnto the God of their fathers.

34 Now the rest of the actes of Iehoshaphat first and last, behold, they are written in the booke of Iehu the sonne of Hanani; who is mentioned in the booke of the Kings of Israel.

35 ¶ And after this did Iehoshaphat king of Iudah ioine himselfe with Ahaziah king of Israel, who did very wickedly:

36 And he ioyned himselfe with him to make ships to goe to Tarshish: and they made the ships in Ezion-Geber.

37 Then Eliezer the sonne of Dodanah of Mareshah, prophesied against Iehoshaphat, saying; Because thou hast ioyned thy selfe with Ahaziah, the Lord hath broken thy workes: and the ships were broken, that they were not able to goe to Tarshish.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:58 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 21

1 Now Iehoshaphat slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the citie of Dauid: and Iehoram his sonne reigned in his stead.

2 And he had brethren the sonnes of Iehoshaphat, Azariah, and Iehiel, and Zechariah, and Azariah, and Michael, and Shephatiah: All these were the sonnes of Iehoshaphat king of Israel.

3 And their father gaue them great giftes of siluer and of golde, and of precious things, with fenced cities in Iudah: but the kingdome gaue hee to Iehoram, because he was the first borne.

4 Now when Iehoram was risen vp to the kingdome of his father, he strengthened himselfe, and slew all his brethren with the sword, and diuers also of the Princes of Israel.

5 ¶ Iehoram was thirtie and two yeeres olde when hee began to reigne, and hee reigned eight yeeres in Ierusalem.

6 And he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, like as did the house of Ahab: for hee had the daughter of Ahab to wife: and he wrought that which was euill in the eyes of the Lord.

7 Howbeit the Lord would not destroy the house of Dauid, because of the couenant that hee had made with Dauid, and as hee promised, to giue a light to him and to his sons for euer.

8 ¶ In his dayes the Edomites reuolted from vnder the dominion of Iudah, and made themselues a king.

9 Then Iehoram went forth with his Princes, and all his charets with him: and he rose vp by night, and smote the Edomites which compassed him in, and the captaines of the charets.

10 So the Edomites reuolted from vnder the hand of Iudah vnto this day. The same time also did Libnah reuolt from vnder his hand, because he had forsaken the Lord God of his fathers.

11 Moreouer, he made high places in the mountaines of Iudah, and caused the inhabitants of Ierusalem to commit fornication, and compelled Iudah thereto.

12 ¶ And there came a writing to him from Eliiah the Prophet, saying, Thus saith the Lord God of Dauid thy father, Because thou hast not walked in the wayes of Iehoshaphat thy father, nor in the wayes of Asa king of Iudah:

13 But hast walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and hast made Iudah and the inhabitants of Ierusalem to goe a whoring, like to the whoredomes of the house of Ahab, and also hast slaine thy brethren of thy fathers house, which were better then thy selfe:

14 Behold, with a great plague wil the Lord smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wiues, and all thy goods.

15 And thou shalt haue great sicknesse by disease of thy bowels, vntil thy bowels fall out, by reason of the sickenesse day by day.

16 ¶ Moreouer, the Lord stirred vp against Iehoram the spirit of the Philistines, and of the Arabians, that were neere the Ethiopians.

17 And they came vp into Iudah, and brake into it, and caried away all the substance that was found in the kings house, and his sonnes also and his wiues; so that there was neuer a sonne left him, saue Iehoahaz, the yongest of his sonnes.

18 ¶ And after all this, the Lord smote him in his bowels, with an incurable disease.

19 And it came to passe, that in processe of time, after the end of two yeres, his bowels fell out by reason of his sickenesse: so hee dyed of sore diseases. And his people made no burning for him, like the burning of his fathers.

20 Thirtie and two yeeres old was he when he began to reigne, and he reigned in Ierusalem eight yeeres, and departed without being desired: howbeit, they buried him in the citie of Dauid, but not in the sepulchres of the kings.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:38 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 22

1 And the inhabitants of Ierusalem made Ahaziah his yongest sonne, king in his stead: for the band of men that came with the Arabians to the campe, had slaine all the eldest. So Ahaziah the sonne of Iehoram king of Iudah reigned.

2 Fourtie and two yeeres old was Ahaziah, when he began to reigne, and he reigned one yeere in Ierusalem: his mothers name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

3 Hee also walked in the wayes of the house of Ahab: for his mother was his counseller to doe wickedly.

4 Wherefore he did euill in the sight of the Lord, like the house of Ahab: for they were his counsellers after the death of his father, to his destruction.

5 ¶ He walked also after their counsell, and went with Iehoram the sonne of Ahab king of Israel, to warre against Hazael king of Syria at Ramoth Gilead: and the Syrians smote Ioram.

6 And he returned to bee healed in Iezreel, because of the wounds which were giuen him at Ramah when hee fought with Hazael king of Syria. And Azariah the sonne of Iehoram king of Iudah, went downe to see Iehoram the sonne of Ahab at Iezreel, because he was sicke.

7 And the destruction of Ahaziah was of God by comming to Ioram: For when he was come, hee went out with Iehoram against Iehu the sonne of Nimshi, whome the Lord had anointed to cut off the house of Ahab.

8 And it came to passe, that when Iehu was executing iudgement vpon the house of Ahab, and found the princes of Iudah, and the sonnes of the brethren of Ahaziah, that ministred to Ahaziah, he slew them.

9 And he sought Ahaziah: and they caught him (for he was hid in Samaria) and brought him to Iehu: and when they had slaine him, they buried him: because, said they, hee is the sonne of Iehoshaphat, who sought the Lord with all his heart. So the house of Ahaziah had no power to keepe still the kingdome.

10 ¶ But when Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah, sawe that her sonne was dead, shee arose, and destroyed all the seed royall of the house of Iudah.

11 But Iehoshabeath the daughter of the king, tooke Ioash the sonne of Ahaziah, and stole him from among the kings sonnes, that were slaine, and put him and his nurse in a bed chamber. So Iehoshabeath the daughter of king Iehoram, the wife of Iehoiada the priest (for she was the sister of Ahaziah) hid him from Athaliah, so that she slew him not.

12 And he was with them hid in the house of God sixe yeeres, and Athaliah reigned ouer the land.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:51 am
2 Chronicles
Chapter 23

1 And in the seuenth yeere Iehoiada strengthened himselfe, and tooke the captaines of hundreds, Azariah the sonne of Ieroham, and Ishmael the sonne of Iehohanan, and Azariah the sonne of Obed, and Maasiah the sonne of Adaiah, and Elishaphat the sonne of Zichri, into couenant with him.

2 And they went about in Iudah, and gathered the Leuites out of all the cities of Iudah, and the chiefe of the fathers of Israel, and they came to Ierusalem.

3 And all the Congregation made a couenant with the king in the house of God: and he said vnto them, Beholde, the kings sonne shall reigne, as the Lord hath said of the sonnes of Dauid.

4 This is the thing that yee shall doe, A third part of you entring on the Sabbath, of the priests and of the Leuites, shalbe porters of the doores.

5 And a thirde part shall bee at the kings house, and a third part at the gate of the foundation: and all the people shall be in the Courts of the house of the Lord.

6 But let none come into the house of the Lord, saue the Priests, & they that minister of the Leuites, they shall go in, for they are holy: but all the people shall keepe the watch of the Lord.

7 And the Leuites shall compasse the king round about, euery man with his weapons in his hand, and whosoeuer else commeth into the house, hee shalbe put to death: but be you with the King when he commeth in, and when he goeth out.

8 So the Leuites and all Iudah did according to all things that Iehoiada the Priest had commanded: and tooke euery man his men that were to come in on the Sabbath, with them that were to goe out on the Sabbath: for Iehoiada the Priest dismissed not the courses.

9 Moreouer, Iehoiada the Priest deliuered to the captaines of hundreds, speares and bucklers, and shields, that had bene King Dauids, which were in the house of God.

10 And hee set all the people (euery man hauing his weapon in his hand) from the right side of the Temple, to the left side of the Temple, along by the Altar and the Temple, by the King, round about.

11 Then they brought out the kings sonne, and put vpon him the Crowne, and gaue him the Testimony, and made him King: and Iehoiada and his sonnes anointed him, and said, God saue the King.

12 ¶ Now when Athaliah heard the noise of the people running and praising the King; she came to the people into the house of the Lord.

13 And she looked, and behold, the king stood at his pillar, at the entring in, and the Princes, and the trumpets by the King: and all the people of the land reioyced, and sounded with trumpets; also the singers with instruments of musicke; and such as taught to sing praise. Then Athaliah rent her clothes, and said, Treason, treason.

14 Then Iehoiada the Priest brought out the captaines of hundreds, that were set ouer the host, and said vnto them, Haue her foorth of the ranges: and who so followeth her, let him bee slaine with the sword. For the Priest said; Slay her not in the house of the Lord.

15 So they layd handes on her, and when shee was come to the entring of the horse gate, by the kings house, they slew her there.

16 ¶ And Iehoiada made a couenant betweene him, and betweene all the people, and betweene the king, that they should be the Lords people.

17 Then all the people went to the house of Baal, and brake it downe, and brake his altars and his images in pieces, and slew Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars.

18 Also Iehoiada appointed the offices of the house of the Lord by the hand of the Priests the Leuites, whom Dauid had distributed in the house of the Lord, to offer the burnt offrings of the Lord, as it is written in the Law of Moses, with reioycing and with singing, as it was ordeined by Dauid.

19 And he set the porters at the gates of the house of the Lord, that none which was vncleane in any thing, should enter in.

20 And hee tooke the captaines of hundreds, and the nobles, and the gouernours of the people, and all the people of the land, and brought downe the king from the house of the Lord: and they came through the high gate into the kings house, and set the king vpon the throne of the kingdome.

21 And all the people of the land reioyced, and the city was quiet, after that they had slaine Athaliah wt the sword.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games