Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Vankala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:47 pm
I know. I miss that feeling. cry I've gotta find and play the SH games. I only have SH3 but I refuse to play it until I play the first 2. Yea, I like to play games in order if I can. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:09 am
Well let's see... The PS3's got a new Alone in the Dark coming out, and although I haven't played any of the previous ones, the new one looks amazing:

Hey look, he's wearing a BLACK leather jacket. He's officially more badass than Leon.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He's got a more respectable haircut too.

Let's see, what other games are a potential salvation for me...

Harker looks pretty interesting in that Dracula sort of way:

Now there's a face only a mother could love.

There's a few others... But unfortunately, Horror is a dying genre. I mean, there's plenty of horror games, but the lazy a** developers seem to prefer to make them into first person shooters these days. And I'll buy RE5 before I buy a first person shooter horror game. Screw that.

Just gotta hope Silent Hill 5 will bring something promising. Which, with new developers, it can be a disaster too.

I mean, visually, I'm not too impressed with what I saw:

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:00 pm
Well, I can safely tell you that the Alone in the Dark series is pretty damn scary.

Just kidding. I have no idea, I never played it since the first three were PC only. xd My friend has the first one and says it's pretty creepy though, so yeah.

I hope to buy it when it comes out... Alone in the Dark 5, that is. Actually, I wanna nab Alone in the Dark 4 too. Maybe hunt the original trilogy down for the PC...

Anyway. Last I checked Silent Hill 5 was pretty early in production, so I'm sure the graphics are going to change substantially. I mean, it's not like they're bad anyway. Not super-amazing, but not bad at all. Of course, like I said, they're liable to change (read: improve).

And I second that. I'd buy RE5 before any FPS survival horror game. Even though I'll eventually end up buying RE5 'cause everyone (except one of my friends) knows I love RE so they automatically think I love RE4 as the best game when I don't. Then they'll hound me about RE5 when it comes out and I'll say I don't have it and they'll s**t a brick even if I tell them about how I dislike RE4 and they'll just be like "ARE YOU ******** IN THE HEAD?!" and it'll be super-annoying. Yeah. Rock and a hard place. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:43 pm
eek

What about something rock hard, Canas?

Oh wow... Lunar Eclipse tonight... can you tell I'm crazy?

*Howls at the Moon*  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Vankala

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:14 pm
Yea, I wanted to see that lunar eclipse tonight but its too cloudy where I live. >_< Damn clouds! stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:41 pm
Canas Renvall
Anyway. Last I checked Silent Hill 5 was pretty early in production, so I'm sure the graphics are going to change substantially. I mean, it's not like they're bad anyway. Not super-amazing, but not bad at all. Of course, like I said, they're liable to change (read: improve).

Maybe you think it looks good by the 360 standards. XD

No, seriously, it's about the way it progressed... Silent Hill went from this:

To this:

Now that is a HUGE leap. If you compare it to what we have so far on the new generation:

The improvement is very minor. Aside from the increase in screen resolution, it looks only slightly better than SH3.
Now, I hope you're right, and they'll increase the poly count on it, because graphically this is shameful for a 360 game, let alone a PS3 game.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:04 pm
My apologies if I haven't scoured this topic enough to find if it's already posted, but if it's any consolation as to what it WOULD'VE looked like, here it is. This game would've been SO much better had this been the style. Check it out.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The only major problem it has is repetition, and I agree it gives you WAY too much ammo. That just ain't Resident Evil....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di1i_b8PxRI  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:50 am
Either way it seems that Capcom was set on abandoning everything that Resident Evil originally stood for. So I probably would have hated this one as an addition to the franchise as well. But hey, at least this one would've actually been scary.
They should've made it and called it something different. Left Resident Evil be. Well, Capcom hasn't been one to make smart decisions since they decided to give Marcus a White Mage robe and make him sing opera.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:33 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Either way it seems that Capcom was set on abandoning everything that Resident Evil originally stood for. So I probably would have hated this one as an addition to the franchise as well. But hey, at least this one would've actually been scary.
They should've made it and called it something different. Left Resident Evil be. Well, Capcom hasn't been one to make smart decisions since they decided to give Marcus a White Mage robe and make him sing opera.

I agree. I just got to play it again today, it seemed great at first, but it's just a game that wasn't to be. And yes, I agree: it would've been SO much more scarier. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:57 am
It comes back to the level design, too, I think. I mean, RE4 has a LOT of wide open environments. And you know what you can do in wide open environments? You can run away.
In tight, close environments, it's a lot harder to run away, and so, it's a lot scarier. Well, no, that's just a part of it. A small part. There's the enemies. The music. The game just wasn't scary.

You know what it's like? It's like, there were good horror movies in the 80's, like the first Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. Then, eventually, with the sequels, it just stops being scary. That's exactly what it's like. It's like, Capcom forgot what horror was all about. They forgot what survival was about.
I mean, sure, little mainstream audience who play Final Fantasy X-2 and DDR and never bothered picking up Resident Evil because they don't have the hand eye coordination to handle the controls, that's the kind of people that would find RE4 scary. Sissies.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:56 am
Good use of the word Sissy. I haven't seen that around in a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:03 pm
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

I am very, VERY proud to say that as of today, I am free of the piece of s**t game that is RE4. I have traded in both, my PS2 version and my GameCube version. And I have absolutely no intention of playing either of those games ever again in my life!
Rejoice for me!  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:06 pm
Congrats, Bio! You are all very happy for you. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:09 pm
O.o Umm.... You mean, "We are all very happy for you"?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:13 pm
Yea, that's what i meant

I need sleep.... sweatdrop

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games