Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
.:: Chinese Dim Sum ::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dim Sum?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 47 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
What is Dim Sum?
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 57

Syeori

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:28 am

does anyone like congee?
my favourite is the

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. PEDAN!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:34 am

Vanilla_Soda
does anyone like congee?
my favourite is the

PEDAN!

Oh me! Me! I like pedan congee too! But I hate all the other flavor! xd

sasa_powa_4eva

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:39 pm

Oh by the way, I went Yam Cha 2 times this week... and I'll go eat buffet this sunday to celebrate my cousin's birthday... (Buffet & Dim Sum are so fat!) confused
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:58 am

sasa_powa_4eva
Oh by the way, I went Yam Cha 2 times this week... and I'll go eat buffet this sunday to celebrate my cousin's birthday... (Buffet & Dim Sum are so fat!) confused
Whoa, dim sum buffet!? stare Do they serve dim sum at those big Chinese buffets? It's been years since I've been to those places. Anyway, yes, Sasa, know when to stop. wink

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Lucility

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:52 am

DIM SUM! =D

-worships-

I love sha jiao (I'm crap at han yin ping ying, so don't laugh at me), know as har gow in Cantonese and sao mai, I'm not sure what that is in Cantonese. o.O;

Along with everything else. o.o;
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:25 pm

wiim
sasa_powa_4eva
Whoa, dim sum buffet!? stare Do they serve dim sum at those big Chinese buffets? It's been years since I've been to those places. Anyway, yes, Sasa, know when to stop. wink

No, not Dim Sum buffet! (Sounds to be a good idea though) I mean I went to Yam Cha twice and I will go to eat buffet tomorrow!

sasa_powa_4eva

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:08 pm

sasa_powa_4eva
wiim
sasa_powa_4eva

No, not Dim Sum buffet! (Sounds to be a good idea though) I mean I went to Yam Cha twice and I will go to eat buffet tomorrow!

oh... hm... you know if there really was a dimsum buffet it could prolly make millions... mrgreen
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:00 pm

I like ha-gow and spring rolls!

xXbubbleteaxX

3,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:17 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Spring rolls! They are so good... but I rarely ask for them when I go Yam Cha... dunno why...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:15 am

Syeori

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:02 am

Vanilla_Soda

Miam! whee
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:25 am

sasa_powa_4eva
Vanilla_Soda

Miam! whee

What does that have to do with dim sum? domokun

Anyway, regarding the dim sum buffet idea. Sure, there will be lot's of people (especially Chinese of course) who will be customers. But it's probably not a good idea. There was this one place (regular dim sum restaurant) my family went to regularly that dropped the dim sum serving and changed to Hong Kong style breakfast place. They said they weren't making profit. ...And they likely charged more than a buffet would per amount served. And they ALWAYS had lineups of people for dim sum.

And for the buffet, maintaining high food quality for so many foods is difficult. Dim sum is meant to be piping/steaming hot, not sitting under a sneeze guard table. biggrin

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:48 am

yalie5
sasa_powa_4eva
wiim
sasa_powa_4eva

oh... hm... you know if there really was a dimsum buffet it could prolly make millions... mrgreen

it probably would, cause everybody loves dim sum
there's nobody that i know that doesn't like it whee
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:42 pm

I think i'm having dim sum on tuesday this week.
What type of tea do you like to drink when you go have dim sum? i like 'fragrant tea'. 3nodding

Syeori

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:16 am

Vanilla_Soda
I think i'm having dim sum on tuesday this week.
What type of tea do you like to drink when you go have dim sum? i like 'fragrant tea'. 3nodding
I can't even begin to guess the English names for the kinds of tea. blaugh
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces