Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26059 26060 26061 26062 26063 26064 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

astrophe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Mk8 is happening now if people want to join
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:10 pm

I watched a bird die today.

A time for livin' and a time for dyin', I guess.

It was some kind of little sparrow-like bird. It was laying/sitting on the concrete, panting, and it didn't move when I approached. I watched it pant for a while. It was hot, so I figured it was overheated. It had picked a strange place to rest, but it was in the shade, in an area that wouldn't get much sun anyway.

I watched it for a while, and I came up closer to it and it didn't even try to fly away. I wasn't going to touch it, because I didn't know what it was dying from, but I dribbled out a little of my water in front of it, and even let a few drops hit its beak when it leaned out, thinking it might drink. It reached it's head out and put the side of it's face on the damp concrete. I thought, "Hey. Stay cool, hang in there little bird." When I walked back to the bench and sat down, it tried to stand up and fly, but couldn't. Then it layed down, curled up and stopped breathing.

Birds die all the time, and I'm not really upset about it, but there's something romantically depressing about watching a creature give up the ghost like that.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Wow.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:21 pm

I added more details.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:38 pm

[Kegan]
I watched a bird die today.

A time for livin' and a time for dyin', I guess.

It was some kind of little sparrow-like bird. It was laying/sitting on the concrete, panting, and it didn't move when I approached. I watched it pant for a while. It was hot, so I figured it was overheated. It had picked a strange place to rest, but it was in the shade, in an area that wouldn't get much sun anyway.

I watched it for a while, and I came up closer to it and it didn't even try to fly away. I wasn't going to touch it, because I didn't know what it was dying from, but I dribbled out a little of my water in front of it, and even let a few drops hit its beak when it leaned out, thinking it might drink. It reached it's head out and put the side of it's face on the damp concrete. I thought, "Hey. Stay cool, hang in there little bird." When I walked back to the bench and sat down, it tried to stand up and fly, but couldn't. Then it layed down, curled up and stopped breathing.

Birds die all the time, and I'm not really upset about it, but there's something romantically depressing about watching a creature give up the ghost like that.
It's not easy watching anything die.

I remember finding an egg that had fallen out of a nest once when I was a kid, at my great-grandparents house. I was so excited and tried to keep it nearby where it had fallen and warmish and not move it much. But of course, I was moving it because I was trying to figure out what to do with it and thought it was so neat to find something like that.

Well when I was moving with it, I either gripped it too much or it just gave in because it was really thin and it broke. No bird that I recall, just.. yolk? I cried, thinking I'd killed it, but it was done for when it fell onto the grass anyway.

Rest well little birdies.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:45 pm

emo

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:16 pm

[Kegan]
On my feet all day. Signed up for classes. I'm seeking a minor in art history for the first year, because it's only 4 classes, 2 of which I'd be taking then, and 2 electives I'd probably take later.

The only art history classes I can take without the 2 I'd be taking concurrently, are History of Film 1 and 2. Sounds like it could be neat, but I wish I'd had choices.

Ooh, History of Film. That sounds somewhat like my favorite HS class: Film and Lit.
Not having choices is lame, though. (Welcome to Mills College.)
Art History should be fun, Keegz! I know someone who's majoring in it. 3nodding
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Man, I didn't like Intro to Film very much. It all seemed like a bunch of BS. I also fell asleep during a lot of the movies (especially the "art films"). sweatdrop

It was cool when we got to watch movies that didn't suck, though, like The Graduate and Moulin Rouge (the latter made me cry in class).

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Great now its 40% off on Gaia cash.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Omg. No more please.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:47 pm

But now you can get 100 Gaia Cash for 60 bucks.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Thanks but no thanks.

I think we've playing MK8 again now~

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:15 pm

Somehow this made the original video even better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVqKq1oF3Gw
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:29 pm

Why does the guy voicing the bird sound like he's afraid his parents will hear him?

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26059 26060 26061 26062 26063 26064 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games