Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26105 26106 26107 26108 26109 26110 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:42 am
******** the police. I'll make my own god damn posters. http://beanman.tumblr.com/post/93192319513/a-reworking-of-an-old-renaissance-era  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:36 pm
Nice.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:58 pm
I can't even deal with this Mega Venusaur EX like I played the computer on hard and it just got annihilated.

And it's not like that's all I got, either, I just don't even have to use the other Pokémon unless someone is gonna use a Sigilyph or something that nullifies attacks by EX Pokémon. Everyone else is just a meat shield while I set up Venusaur (he more than makes up for what gets lost), or a plan B waiting on the bench in case something goes wrong.

Like what is the point of the game and all of the other Pokémon if this card exists?? I almost want this card to be defeated. And the deck that surrounds it, too.

But let's be honest, it feels great to have this after repeatedly getting owned (within the first two turns, even) because Wayne had Yveltal and all I had were like Feebas and Eevee. God that pissed me off.

This game just seems really unfair but I love it. xd The best matches are when both people are down to one prize card, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:18 pm
The Pokemon TCG is awful imo 99% of the time. I don't mind games that have a high amount of luck involved, but card games are notoriously bad for that kind of s**t and the Pokemon TCG is the best example of it. I can't tell you how many times I've recreated decks or even used prebuilt decks and just had nothing but energies or nothing but Pokemon I couldn't use and just got ******** destroyed. If I wanted to do something completely based on luck, I'd play Russian Roulette. At least if my luck was bad, it would be over.

Not to mention the weaknesses are a card-by-card basis so the strategy of trying to use someone's weakness makes little-to-no sense and they might as well not even be there because if you have a type that's good against your opponent's they're ********. My favorite thing about making real Pokemon teams is giving them a lot of variety. I generally have six different types to combat whatever I may come up against but in the TCG you're lucky if you can get two, a god if you can balance three.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:56 pm
Meta_Fish
The Pokemon TCG is awful imo 99% of the time. I don't mind games that have a high amount of luck involved, but card games are notoriously bad for that kind of s**t and the Pokemon TCG is the best example of it. I can't tell you how many times I've recreated decks or even used prebuilt decks and just had nothing but energies or nothing but Pokemon I couldn't use and just got ******** destroyed. If I wanted to do something completely based on luck, I'd play Russian Roulette. At least if my luck was bad, it would be over.

Not to mention the weaknesses are a card-by-card basis so the strategy of trying to use someone's weakness makes little-to-no sense and they might as well not even be there because if you have a type that's good against your opponent's they're ********. My favorite thing about making real Pokemon teams is giving them a lot of variety. I generally have six different types to combat whatever I may come up against but in the TCG you're lucky if you can get two, a god if you can balance three.

Got to use your Trainer Cards when you have a bad draw. I had trainer card save my a** when I had no energy cards. Also its not that hard to run 3 types if you use colorless Pokemon Cards since they take all energies.

I think the last deck I build a year ago had water, electric and colorless. Technically 5 diffrent types since water share the same energy with ice but they have different weakness to water Pokemon cards same for normal and flying pokemon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:09 pm
Yeah exactly, Trainer cards are key. If I know I'm gonna need specific Pokémon, then I'll use the Pokéball Trainer cards to get them, or if I'm worried I'll need energy, then I'll have Professor cards and ones that let you search your deck/discard pile for energies. You have to keep changing the deck up until you find one that gives you enough control.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:29 pm
Listen, I've played the Pokemon TCG enough to know what I like and don't like about it. And I can NEVER find a good balance that will last me for one full game. I know all about ********' Trainer cards and I know about Pokemon that let you search through your deck for s**t but I still just don't pull much pleasure from that game.

A friend and I got a dual deck starter set once and three out of three games I just got complete s**t draws and could do nothing while he just completely ate my entire team up every time and I just had to watch it. That game is notorious for being able to put you in a shitty spot that you can't get out of and just forcing you to wait out the beating because it's all about what you draw. I've built decks over and over again, balancing them, referencing them with friends' decks and so on and it all just comes down to what card is on the top of the pile. I could fill my deck with trainer cards and get nothing but, or nothing but trainer cards that give me more of what I have.

The types are also annoying because there aren't enough of them! Fighting is the same as rock and ground? Really? Because one is the other's weakness. How do they even do electric Pokemon's weaknesses? Are they weak to fighting? Isn't that retarded?

It just doesn't translate well (IMO) to a trading card game. I love the cards and I loved the Game Boy game (mostly because losing wasn't as embarrassing and it was a lot quicker/easier to get new cards and rebalance a deck) but the actual card game is a nightmare. Cards are expensive to buy and you don't even know what you're going to get in a deck. You can buy on eBay but then that's that much MORE money. Maybe the website isn't so bad but I just have always had a problem with the card game which is ironic because I have about a billion ******** cards.

I must just be a bad deck builder, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:31 pm
I can only barely handle one type and colorless because I just get s**t draws. I don't know how people do anything more. I must need to watch more.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:02 pm
You could just play magic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:10 pm
Trading card games is dumb. They're expensive and too luck-based. Gimmie some real games or a game that IS a trading card game where I don't have to buy more s**t. It's like DLC but you don't know what you're getting when you pay for it.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:11 pm
You make it sound like you invest years and money in to a children card game.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:35 pm
Is Mega Man Zero any good, I just got the the collection game for DS  

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:37 pm
I invested a lot of my childhood money and time into collecting the cards, yeah. And if you're going to actually play the card game you kind of have to pony up for the cards, right? That's my point. If you want to do it, it's not cheap.

And I have that collection too. Just play on easy or whatever because they're pretty hard and not very good.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:42 pm
Well at least You didn't waste your money on that Super Mario Bros TCG or in the spot I'm in, where I have cards but everyone plays Yugioh, Magic and nothing else.

Also if I play on easy how will I be a true Mega Man.  

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:35 pm
I dunno, I think it's fun even if it is pretty luck-based. If it weren't luck-based, you'd know the outcome for sure every time.

The main significant problem is that all cards are FAR from being created equal. Try going up against someone with a bunch of EX cards and legendaries when all you have is some basic b***h deck you bought in-store. There's still a chance you might win, but you probably won't. Not fun.

Not fun until you get your hands on Mega Venusaur EX, that is. Muahahaha...
ninja

Edit: I don't know if this a new thing, but a Pokémon's weakness depends on the Pokémon. Like, not all "Water" types are weak to the same thing, for example. Some might be weak to Electric, some to Grass...  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26105 26106 26107 26108 26109 26110 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games