Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:47 pm
Queen Spazzy

Yup, the way you're supposed to mix up polishes that like to settle out, especially glitters, is to turn the bottle upside down and roll it between your hands.
When I know I'm going to be painting my nails, though, I still shake mine and then let it sit for a few minutes and that keeps me from having bubbles in my polish while geting the pigment to distribute out evenly.
(all my polishes have serious settling problems, it's annoying, so the twirling method never seems to actually mix them up evenly)
I... Have a good deal of polish. >>;
A couple neons, a few glitter top coats, several shimmers. I have so much I can't remember half of it. >>;
Orly's Fowl Play is probably my favorite, though; it's a dark blue base with mylar flakes that shine mostly orange and red. It's part of their permanent line now, I think.
And they have some top coats with mylar flakes that are in their permanent line now (they were originally part of the collection that came out with the Hunger Games release and were near impossible to find even when that collection was still in production because they were so stupid popular) that I would just DIE to get my hands on, but Orly runs too pricy and doesn't run many good sales at Sally's...
Sucks that they're probably my favorite line. cat_gonk
I don't use stripers or pens, they're a pain in the bum, I have a couple lining brushes (regular paintbrushes like you use for detailing with acrylics) and I just use my bottled polish when I want to do nail art. Easier for me and cheaper in the long run.
In other news, EVERYONE SUDDENLY WANTS COMMISSIONS FROM ME, HOLY SODDING HELL.

I shake mine too. I always have. xD
So do I, but most of it's cheep crap that flakes off the second you put it on.
Five or Bellow crap, China Glaze that never stays on (not a huge fan of the colors anymore), and random ones from walmart o.o
I think I still like my teal the best, but the Baker Street is a VERY close second.
I sort of want more polish....
But it never stays on...
So I need a top coat.
Yah I wonder how fast THOSE went lol
That's smart. I used to have detail polish (ridiculous long bristle skinny brushes for detail. hahahahano)
...commissions for what? art?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I shake mine too. I always have. xD
So do I, but most of it's cheep crap that flakes off the second you put it on.
Five or Bellow crap, China Glaze that never stays on (not a huge fan of the colors anymore), and random ones from walmart o.o
I think I still like my teal the best, but the Baker Street is a VERY close second.
I sort of want more polish....
But it never stays on...
So I need a top coat.
Yah I wonder how fast THOSE went lol
That's smart. I used to have detail polish (ridiculous long bristle skinny brushes for detail. hahahahano)
...commissions for what? art?

I have lots of cheap stuff. The trick to getting it to last is good base and top coat. Even my cheapest stuff, L.A. Colors stuff from Family Dollar (you can find that brand at dollar stores like Dollar Tree, too), will last up to a week with base and top coat.
I have a polish addiction so I am forever obtaining whatever is cheap or on sale.
Except Nina Pro, that stuff is pure shite, no matter what you do, it sucks.
My favorite cheap brand (Less than two dollars, I think?) is Pure Ice, which you can find at Wal-Mart; they have a great permanent line-up and come out with some really awesome seasonals. Sometimes their formulas are a little tricky (sometimes a bit thin, sometimes thick-ish and prone to uneven streakiness), but for the price I think they're worth it.
A lot of people swear by the stupid art stripers and for real I hate them, they're stupid awkward to use and they're almost always super thin or too thick to use with no in between in my experience.
Sometimes bottled polish is a little thin for art manis, but there's a trick to that; pour a little out on a plate or cheap plastic palette or whatever, or put some on your brush and let it dry out a little to fix thinness.
Crochet pieces! Some people my beau knows have contacted him to ask if I could make things for them. I am gonna be so busy...
And on that note, I'm FINALLY to the point where Ten should be done rather soon, so would you mind telling me dimension (length and width) preferences of your scarf? Otherwise I'll just do up a swatch and take a picture to show you and trial and error my way through to figure out width, and then use my default length, which is ~5 feet. owo

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:34 pm
Queen Spazzy

I have lots of cheap stuff. The trick to getting it to last is good base and top coat. Even my cheapest stuff, L.A. Colors stuff from Family Dollar (you can find that brand at dollar stores like Dollar Tree, too), will last up to a week with base and top coat.
I have a polish addiction so I am forever obtaining whatever is cheap or on sale.
Except Nina Pro, that stuff is pure shite, no matter what you do, it sucks.
My favorite cheap brand (Less than two dollars, I think?) is Pure Ice, which you can find at Wal-Mart; they have a great permanent line-up and come out with some really awesome seasonals. Sometimes their formulas are a little tricky (sometimes a bit thin, sometimes thick-ish and prone to uneven streakiness), but for the price I think they're worth it.
A lot of people swear by the stupid art stripers and for real I hate them, they're stupid awkward to use and they're almost always super thin or too thick to use with no in between in my experience.
Sometimes bottled polish is a little thin for art manis, but there's a trick to that; pour a little out on a plate or cheap plastic palette or whatever, or put some on your brush and let it dry out a little to fix thinness.
Crochet pieces! Some people my beau knows have contacted him to ask if I could make things for them. I am gonna be so busy...
And on that note, I'm FINALLY to the point where Ten should be done rather soon, so would you mind telling me dimension (length and width) preferences of your scarf? Otherwise I'll just do up a swatch and take a picture to show you and trial and error my way through to figure out width, and then use my default length, which is ~5 feet. owo

Yah I don't like the stuff from 5 or Below, I'd rather not risk Dollar Tree (plus my mother has tried it. It's eh.)
Lol now I know what you like ;D
What the heck are art stripers? o-0
Oh, that's an idea. But, I'm none too big on non-holiday art nail deco sweatdrop
OMG OPEN UP AT ETSY SHOP! I AM YOU SHOULD TOO!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
Yay! Ten! The day he's on my doorstep, I will wear my Ten dress and take a picture of him with me and bring him with me and boast that he was made my by lovely emotion_bigheart
Erh hrm.... uhhh... maybe is 65 inches too long? I have no clue sweatdrop
PS, what polish colors do you like? If it's blue what kind? Cobalt? Teal? Just a little specific so I can hunt down some stuff emotion_kirakira classified_jet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:05 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Yah I don't like the stuff from 5 or Below, I'd rather not risk Dollar Tree (plus my mother has tried it. It's eh.)
Lol now I know what you like ;D
What the heck are art stripers? o-0
Oh, that's an idea. But, I'm none too big on non-holiday art nail deco sweatdrop
OMG OPEN UP AT ETSY SHOP! I AM YOU SHOULD TOO!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
Yay! Ten! The day he's on my doorstep, I will wear my Ten dress and take a picture of him with me and bring him with me and boast that he was made my by lovely emotion_bigheart
Erh hrm.... uhhh... maybe is 65 inches too long? I have no clue sweatdrop
PS, what polish colors do you like? If it's blue what kind? Cobalt? Teal? Just a little specific so I can hunt down some stuff emotion_kirakira classified_jet

I think most of the stuff in Dollar Tree got there because it's old because the pigment is always settled out with a weird murky semi-transparent liquid on the top.
For a buck, though, if I found something pretty, I would be willing to take it home and try to fix it with some polish thinner or something.
Art stripers, the long thin bottles with brushes to match. I dunno the official name, I call them stripers because that's all they're good for is making stripes and most don't even do that well. If I want stripes, I'll do a tape mani.
I've thought of it, but that's kind of an awkward situation for me because you have to pay taxes on your sales and stuff...
And if I ever do properly prove to government that my anxiety is, indeed, disabling, I can't do anything of that sort.
Plus I already know I can't handle the front-end portion of online business; I can barely reply to people that contact me online and I can hardly post in forums without having a mini panic attack every time I make a post. .___.;
Aww, that's so awesome! I'm seriously halfway done with his overcoat now. I had to stop after I finished the bottom, though, because the corners were curling so I had to block it out, which requires wetting it, and I am still waiting for it to dry. ;w;
65", 'bout 5.5', totally doable~
I've made one that was ten feet long before, so that length will be fine, that's about standard for me~
'cept when I make them for the beau, he likes his scarves a bit shorter.
Teal is my favorite color overall. I love all sorts of polishes, but I probably have more blues and purples in my collection than anything. Though I am always on the lookout for unique or just interesting polishes. Uhm, holo shimmer and color changers are probably my favorite kinds, though. And rainbow flakies. emotion_kirakira
Uhm, but to be really specific, blacks or dark blues with shimmer or holo are what I gravitate toward when I'm staring at polish in Sally's.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:38 pm
ohgodallmycrochetstuffisdryingandidontknowwhattodohelpmeeeeee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:29 pm
*sings Linkin Park and Dragonforce on the top of my lungs* I can't get their songs out of my head these days... They're just too good!

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:19 pm
Phoenix Paladin
*sings Linkin Park and Dragonforce on the top of my lungs* I can't get their songs out of my head these days... They're just too good!

I imagined a tiny you standing atop a set of lungs belting out Linkin Park songs.
I might have to write this down to draw at some point, it amuses me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:15 pm
Queen Spazzy
Phoenix Paladin

I imagined a tiny you standing atop a set of lungs belting out Linkin Park songs.

Haha! I can't stop laughing now!! xd I would love to see that!

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:15 pm
Queen Spazzy

I think most of the stuff in Dollar Tree got there because it's old because the pigment is always settled out with a weird murky semi-transparent liquid on the top.
For a buck, though, if I found something pretty, I would be willing to take it home and try to fix it with some polish thinner or something.
Art stripers, the long thin bottles with brushes to match. I dunno the official name, I call them stripers because that's all they're good for is making stripes and most don't even do that well. If I want stripes, I'll do a tape mani.
I've thought of it, but that's kind of an awkward situation for me because you have to pay taxes on your sales and stuff...
And if I ever do properly prove to government that my anxiety is, indeed, disabling, I can't do anything of that sort.
Plus I already know I can't handle the front-end portion of online business; I can barely reply to people that contact me online and I can hardly post in forums without having a mini panic attack every time I make a post. .___.;
Aww, that's so awesome! I'm seriously halfway done with his overcoat now. I had to stop after I finished the bottom, though, because the corners were curling so I had to block it out, which requires wetting it, and I am still waiting for it to dry. ;w;
65", 'bout 5.5', totally doable~
I've made one that was ten feet long before, so that length will be fine, that's about standard for me~
'cept when I make them for the beau, he likes his scarves a bit shorter.
Teal is my favorite color overall. I love all sorts of polishes, but I probably have more blues and purples in my collection than anything. Though I am always on the lookout for unique or just interesting polishes. Uhm, holo shimmer and color changers are probably my favorite kinds, though. And rainbow flakies. emotion_kirakira
Uhm, but to be really specific, blacks or dark blues with shimmer or holo are what I gravitate toward when I'm staring at polish in Sally's.

Yah, if it's a buck, you lose a buck. No biggie really.
Ohhhh yah those. Yah, I have them. Not too big on them as they're either like water, or tar. There's no in between.
You don't pay sales taxes in Ohio? Oh, right lol.
Can't do any of the what? o.0
Really? Even here? We're all friends here and I don't think we judge.
Though I admit, I edit my posts... a lot emotion_facepalm
I wish I understood what crocheting terms mean sweatdrop I'm so sorry.
Yay! emotion_yatta Thank you!
I'm still going to get you some stuff... like tamagotchi and polish c:<
I would love to make Four's scarf, but I don't know how to knit sweatdrop
I do enjoy teal :3
yay thanks for tell me.
PS my brother is rubbing his sweaty head on me eek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:58 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Yah, if it's a buck, you lose a buck. No biggie really.
Ohhhh yah those. Yah, I have them. Not too big on them as they're either like water, or tar. There's no in between.
You don't pay sales taxes in Ohio? Oh, right lol.
Can't do any of the what? o.0
Really? Even here? We're all friends here and I don't think we judge.
Though I admit, I edit my posts... a lot emotion_facepalm
I wish I understood what crocheting terms mean sweatdrop I'm so sorry.
Yay! emotion_yatta Thank you!
I'm still going to get you some stuff... like tamagotchi and polish c:<
I would love to make Four's scarf, but I don't know how to knit sweatdrop
I do enjoy teal :3
yay thanks for tell me.
PS my brother is rubbing his sweaty head on me eek

Eh, we do, it's, uhm, 7% now, I think?
It changes. When I used to come up here to visit family in summer before I moved, it was always awkward numbers to calculate like 5.5% or 6.5%.
I think income tax is about the same rate...? Maybe slightly lower...
I don't know, I've never held a job in my life, so I don't know anything about taxes. ^^;
Property taxes are high-ish, though...
We pay, like, two hundred dollars twice a year on this shite trailer. Blech.
I still spaz when I go to make a post and you don't WANT to know how often I think about making posts but then back out of the page instead.
And then I take forever to grind out a post to where I think it's adequate only to have poster's remorse afterwards and change everything.
It's easier in here than it is for me out in, like, the main forums and stuff. Which is good since I'm VC and I want to be friendly to all the new guildies that drop in!
Blocking is just pinning out a piece in a certain shape, wetting it, and letting it dry while pinned out so it will keep the shape you want better without having to starch it. The bottom hem was curling up, so I blocked it to get it to flatten out. It's still curling a little because I don't think it got entirely dry before I got impatient and unpinned it so I could hang it to dry instead 'cause I am absolutely terrified that it and the yarn I washed will end up smelling sour if they stay wet too long. I'll try pinning it to a hanger or something and steaming it if it looks awkward later. We don't have enough spare towels for me to properly block out things...
You're so nice and I love you and you really don't have to really but I will be forever appreciative and grateful if you decide to do so still! *spazflails*
I can knit! I've never done more complicated stuff like cabling or anything, but I can learn if I need to use it, haha~
His scarf is, like, a smooth knit, right? Uniform?
If I get a list of colors I need for it, I could maybe make it eventually.
Might take me forever since that scarf is, like, hella long, if I'm remembering correctly, but I could probably do it. o3o
Maybe I just got an idea of a summer project~
Oh gosh ew gag me with a spoon that is so grody. emotion_puke
I hate sweat. Blech.
On a side note, do other people even still use that word? Grody?

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Flagrant Twaddle

Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:49 pm
Hi There classified_fu

I just joined the guild and I didn't see an intro thread so I'm posting here to, well, say hi. :0A0:  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:59 pm
Setriel
Hi There classified_fu

I just joined the guild and I didn't see an intro thread so I'm posting here to, well, say hi. :0A0:

Hello, hello!
Welcome to the guild~
Our official intro thread is just under this one, but making an introduction here is all well, too.
We're glad to have you on board, I hope you enjoy your stay here~
emotion_yatta

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:09 pm
Queen Spazzy

Eh, we do, it's, uhm, 7% now, I think?
It changes. When I used to come up here to visit family in summer before I moved, it was always awkward numbers to calculate like 5.5% or 6.5%.
I think income tax is about the same rate...? Maybe slightly lower...
I don't know, I've never held a job in my life, so I don't know anything about taxes. ^^;
Property taxes are high-ish, though...
We pay, like, two hundred dollars twice a year on this shite trailer. Blech.
I still spaz when I go to make a post and you don't WANT to know how often I think about making posts but then back out of the page instead.
And then I take forever to grind out a post to where I think it's adequate only to have poster's remorse afterwards and change everything.
It's easier in here than it is for me out in, like, the main forums and stuff. Which is good since I'm VC and I want to be friendly to all the new guildies that drop in!
Blocking is just pinning out a piece in a certain shape, wetting it, and letting it dry while pinned out so it will keep the shape you want better without having to starch it. The bottom hem was curling up, so I blocked it to get it to flatten out. It's still curling a little because I don't think it got entirely dry before I got impatient and unpinned it so I could hang it to dry instead 'cause I am absolutely terrified that it and the yarn I washed will end up smelling sour if they stay wet too long. I'll try pinning it to a hanger or something and steaming it if it looks awkward later. We don't have enough spare towels for me to properly block out things...
You're so nice and I love you and you really don't have to really but I will be forever appreciative and grateful if you decide to do so still! *spazflails*
I can knit! I've never done more complicated stuff like cabling or anything, but I can learn if I need to use it, haha~
His scarf is, like, a smooth knit, right? Uniform?
If I get a list of colors I need for it, I could maybe make it eventually.
Might take me forever since that scarf is, like, hella long, if I'm remembering correctly, but I could probably do it. o3o
Maybe I just got an idea of a summer project~
Oh gosh ew gag me with a spoon that is so grody. emotion_puke
I hate sweat. Blech.
On a side note, do other people even still use that word? Grody?

I don't really calculate the tax; I just carry more money than I know I'll spend, money I know I wont spend (because I would like to keep it over an item).
I've gotten over that stage (thank goodness) that I need to buy everything interesting.
Do you ever plan on getting a job? Working form home? Something private, like a shop or writing?
Wow... that's BS.
OMG I DO THAT TOO. NOT JUST ON GAIA BUT FB. ALL THE TIME.
-cling-
Yah, you're UBER nice to new people! I wish the niceness attracted more faces.
Oh okay.
I do have febreeze, if you are worried about it smelling. It does help because it's a nice, neutral scent. Not like dying petunias like the ones for the bathroom, xD
I so will! You kidding me? biggrin
I love your spazflails xD
Never heard of cabling before 0-o
Yah, it's like, 16 feet long I think. The story was the lady to knit the scarf has so much earn, but she wasn't told not to use it all, so she just used it all! rofl
Ah! omg no, it would take forever! redface
I've never heard of it xD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:15 pm
Queen Spazzy
Phoenix Paladin

OH GOD THAT'S BLOODY BRILLIANT! XD

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games