Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26170 26171 26172 26173 26174 26175 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:59 am
yeah you get the option when you beat a monster (or quit, I guess.) Failing probably gives you the option too, but I WOULDN'T KNOW HAAAAAA

Except I haven't fought the third guy yet, so I might in a minute!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:25 pm
Gore Magala is pretty neat.  

Xilo The Odd

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:54 am
Meta_Fish
I got the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL preordered. ;w; Mostly because the hinge on mine is broken and I have some extra cash now. I just wish I could get the Majora's Mask LE and a GameCube controller adapter. s**t is impossible.

Also, man I want some of those amiibos. And by that I mean I want every amiibo please someone buy me all of these frivolous toys so I can have a complete collection.
oh my GOOOOOSH can we all frikking talk about the lack of gamecube adapters?
I had to get my friend to send me one from JAPAN. he also sent a wii fit trainer to our mutual friend because he couldn't find a non-inflated one anywheeeeeere.
rolls on floor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:35 am
I think I'll honestly just hold out for the next handheld. I want one, sure. I wanted a DSi too, but I can't really rationalize blowing a huge wad of cash on something that will play the same games as my kinda worn out 3DS.

Plus, the idea of having a console branded with one game or franchise always kinda bugged me. Like... I'd feel weird playing other things on it, which is mostly dumb, yeah... but I would.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:42 pm
Skitty-san
Meta_Fish
I got the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL preordered. ;w; Mostly because the hinge on mine is broken and I have some extra cash now. I just wish I could get the Majora's Mask LE and a GameCube controller adapter. s**t is impossible.

Also, man I want some of those amiibos. And by that I mean I want every amiibo please someone buy me all of these frivolous toys so I can have a complete collection.
I had to get my friend to send me one from JAPAN. he also sent a wii fit trainer to our mutual friend because he couldn't find a non-inflated one anywheeeeeere.
rolls on floor
I'm for real getting fed up with not being able to get anything. I don't even really want the adapter now because I'm used to the Pro U one, so they've effectively lost my money and a bit of my respect. Though that's probably not worth much. I want to just be able to get amiibos and s**t when I want them. :  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:19 pm
Got a message from Gaia stating "Hey ForsakenSwordsman, your fish miss you" and I was all ..d'aww, Fish misses me? How sweet.

Turns out it was just some imaginary fish in some weird fish tank that I can't even recall being a thing. Psh.  

ForsakenSwordsman

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:26 pm
I remember I poured a lot of gaia gold into that feature, because it was supposed to pay for itself, but I never had the capital to make it really attractive. Then I gave up. I think that by that point I was already pretty disinterested in gold hoarding, so I think I really just wanted to gamble.

Also hi. I appear to be some kind of terrifying anthropomorphic hippogriff  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:40 pm
I can almost recall a time when I cared about Gaia gold..before I settled on my current look and then just didn't care any more. Call my lazy if you will but I do look damn good.  

ForsakenSwordsman

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:02 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM6j1sRPxqo  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:08 pm
Meta_Fish
Skitty-san
Meta_Fish

rolls on floor
I'm for real getting fed up with not being able to get anything. I don't even really want the adapter now because I'm used to the Pro U one, so they've effectively lost my money and a bit of my respect. Though that's probably not worth much. I want to just be able to get amiibos and s**t when I want them. :
SERIOUSLY. I went on this huge rant the other day because of nintendo making dumb decisions and failing to supply people with merch. All this limited quantity this and limited edition that is actually hurting them a business. Like you could be making money by making your products in an amount that will satisfy the immediate demand for your products OR you can release them in small waves and lose a bunch of loyal customer. Man, I love nintendo to death but it's a really crappy situation. It's also easy to understand their business decisions like, "hey we can stop scalpers by issuing a demand that retailers cap purchase quantities to avoid scalpers coming in and buying everything BUT we're going to make all that money anyway so let's not." Then you get people who are scared and desperate and unsure if there's going to be another wave of [item] who just end up buying things at an inflated price that would have otherwise gone to nintendo. Problem is it's not actually a problem for nintendo because they've already made their cash by selling their entire stock to these guys, albeit unintentionally.
It's just weird because there's clearly a demand but they're refusing to supply more. Like nobody HAS to buy from scalpers if nintendo manufactures more. Idk, at this point if I were to anticipate sales then I'd factor scalpers into the big picture and then overproduce. Nintendo get all the money and scalpers get screeeewed. >=3

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:45 pm
Skitty-san
SERIOUSLY. I went on this huge rant the other day because of nintendo making dumb decisions and failing to supply people with merch. All this limited quantity this and limited edition that is actually hurting them a business. Like you could be making money by making your products in an amount that will satisfy the immediate demand for your products OR you can release them in small waves and lose a bunch of loyal customer. Man, I love nintendo to death but it's a really crappy situation. It's also easy to understand their business decisions like, "hey we can stop scalpers by issuing a demand that retailers cap purchase quantities to avoid scalpers coming in and buying everything BUT we're going to make all that money anyway so let's not." Then you get people who are scared and desperate and unsure if there's going to be another wave of [item] who just end up buying things at an inflated price that would have otherwise gone to nintendo. Problem is it's not actually a problem for nintendo because they've already made their cash by selling their entire stock to these guys, albeit unintentionally.
It's just weird because there's clearly a demand but they're refusing to supply more. Like nobody HAS to buy from scalpers if nintendo manufactures more. Idk, at this point if I were to anticipate sales then I'd factor scalpers into the big picture and then overproduce. Nintendo get all the money and scalpers get screeeewed. >=3
I mean, there's a balance when it comes to supply and demand, for sure. And by having limited supply, it ups the demand, thus making sure you sell your supply completely. This has been working for them. It also gets people that didn't care about things to buy them. It gets some people that were on the fence about something to BUY something just to make sure they CAN get it. I've been looking at a lot of amiibos I didn't even want now just because I MAY want them eventually and I want the option. Or hell, even because they're just rare.

Nintendo can only do SO much to retailers but some retailers are starting to defend the consumers themselves. The Majora's Mask 3DS XL preorders that had more than one copy are getting CANCELED. That's huge.

They ARE releasing more Marth amiibos to coincide with Project STEAM and as soon as that was announced I know scalpers took a HUGE hit. I just want them to do more like that. At least have enough supply of GameCube adapters, Majora's Mask LE and Majora's Mask New 3DS XL to not have it sell out in ten minutes any time it goes up for sale literally anywhere.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:16 pm
how long do you guys think we've got till they announce the next gen handheld?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:41 pm
couple things, has anyone got their Smash bros soundtrack yet?

2nd. im thinking of getting an external hard drive to use for my wiiu, only having 2 titles downloaded is kinda lame but if anyone else is using one, i wanna know if something like a desktop external HDD will work or not. seems like it should but its a console so who knows for sure.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:57 am
I hear it works best if you get one that doesn't draw it's power from the wiiU port, but the wall. I remember Wayne made a big stink about getting the right one, I dunno if that was based on his personal research or some list Nintendo published. You might ask him.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:45 am
ah k, i figured one with a seprate power draw would be the better option. the ones that USB port power draw are meant for things with much bigger power supplies.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26170 26171 26172 26173 26174 26175 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games