Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26186 26187 26188 26189 26190 26191 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:04 am
Xathoa
Oh right, and Hello.
I haven't checked in here for so long. X.x
(And a separate post because I want to.)

Busy life and stuff. =_=
But, I've been playing MH4, FFX (HD edition), Run Factory 4, and Freedom Wars. :P
Well, several other things too, but I'm trying to finish others, before jumping to other games.... again.

How is everyone here?
Any faces that I'll recognise or who'll recognise me?

Hi Xia! Since you have Freedom Wars, you should add my PSN (Paper_Sonic) and then we can be vita buds. I don't actually have Freedom Wars though. XD
Also, I don't play MH but those speed paintings look really cool!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:13 am
Xathoa
Bulbadoof
i've been good. spending a lot of time with my brother. my sister's pregnant, so i'm gonna be an aunt soon!

besides that, not much goin' on.

Oh, congratulation on that!~ You need to teach your niece/nephew to play games like a boss. BD And maybe teach them pranks.

Any games you've been playing, or beat and liked?
It's been quite a few years. xD

I got my partner to play my favorite game- and he really likes it. I'm just annoyed that it's never seeing the PAL region PSN store. -_-
haha, thanks. but my sister doesn't really like video games - i think that kid's gonna grow up more outdoorsy.

eh, well, i got into the persona series. i really liked soul sacrifice on the vita, if you haven't already played it. bravely d also really good. fire emblem awakening was baller. all pretty popular games, tbh. i'll always take a chance to recommend romancing saga minstrel song, old as it is. i mostly play league these days. my little brother got really into it, so we're shooting for high rankings.

what game was that?  

Bulbadoof

Grumpy Misfit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:21 am
Xathoa, your signature looks really familiar, did you have a different username once upon a time?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:12 pm
Ok Nintendo is sending me a new CD.  

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Bulbadoof

Grumpy Misfit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:44 pm
[Kegan]
Xathoa, your signature looks really familiar, did you have a different username once upon a time?
eternal draconis.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:53 pm
Bulbadoof
haha, thanks. but my sister doesn't really like video games - i think that kid's gonna grow up more outdoorsy.

eh, well, i got into the persona series. i really liked soul sacrifice on the vita, if you haven't already played it. bravely d also really good. fire emblem awakening was baller. all pretty popular games, tbh. i'll always take a chance to recommend romancing saga minstrel song, old as it is. i mostly play league these days. my little brother got really into it, so we're shooting for high rankings.

what game was that?

>.> Well... that's why you teach them? So they can have the best of both worlds, MWAHAHAHA. But, I get understanding and respecting your sister's wishes too.

I've heard Persona is really good. MY partner has been trying to get his hands ahold of them to play them, since he really, really wants to play them. Funnily enough, he hasn't touched one yet. He's saving them as a reward. x'D
FFF- I want eet. I plan on getting Soul Sacrifice Delta from the PSN store, as soon as I get a bigger memory card. Those things are expensive and hard to acquire, especially in Australia. DD: The "nerd" and "geek" culture is hard to find stores for here. They're few and far between. And when you can find them, the prices really gouge people interested.
I need to finish Awakening. >.>;;
Actually, I've heard of the Romancing Saga. I've been curious, as well as my partner.

I played Smite for a bit. I think I'd prefer smite, mainly because I get direct control and influence over my character. So I preferred that playstyle. But, I do like seeing all the characters in LoL. But I'm glad you two are having a lot of fun~

Ah, my favorite game is Legend of Mana. By Square Soft (now Enix). IT was released for the PS1 in Japan and US (and Canada can use US region codes), but PAL region (IE, the rest of the world... square) never got the first release. They've since moved the game to PSN stores, but still with only Japan and US.
I have three PSN accounts. One US sub, one AU Main, and one US main. I use the US main on my PSP, and to download games that I normally can't get here. Otherwise I use my AU main on the PS3.
Dark Souls comes second in my list of favorite games though. 8D (not Dark Souls II.... -_- )

*cough* I'm long-winded.

[Kegan]

As Cabron said, yes, I am Elemental Draconis. I've since changed it... err... Quite a few years ago, after I found a good name. It was always meant to be a placeholder.

Jarogue
Sorry I read Aussie-Land as Austin.

That's fine. Thing is, I used to live in Texas. So you weren't far off. xD

Xathoa

Otherworldly Dragon

28,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Worthy Challenger 25

Xathoa

Otherworldly Dragon

28,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Worthy Challenger 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:07 pm
Paper Sonic
Hi Xia! Since you have Freedom Wars, you should add my PSN (Paper_Sonic) and then we can be vita buds. I don't actually have Freedom Wars though. XD

Darn, I thought I included you in the mass post. Oh well!

Well, I have three PSN accounts. xD
But the one I use on my Vita is Xarleksia. Go ahead an add me. If we ever play Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice, God's Eater Burst, or something, my partner will always be tagging along, since we play games like those together all the time. Including MH4U. xD

I thank you for the compliment about the speedpaints though! I really enjoy doing them. xD You just... have to get me to sit down for them. I'm not inclined to get ready and sit for an hour ignoring things and doing things hastily. X.x;;

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:12 pm
Xathoa
>.> Well... that's why you teach them? So they can have the best of both worlds, MWAHAHAHA. But, I get understanding and respecting your sister's wishes too.

I've heard Persona is really good. MY partner has been trying to get his hands ahold of them to play them, since he really, really wants to play them. Funnily enough, he hasn't touched one yet. He's saving them as a reward. x'D
FFF- I want eet. I plan on getting Soul Sacrifice Delta from the PSN store, as soon as I get a bigger memory card. Those things are expensive and hard to acquire, especially in Australia. DD: The "nerd" and "geek" culture is hard to find stores for here. They're few and far between. And when you can find them, the prices really gouge people interested.
Actually, I've heard of the Romancing Saga. I've been curious, as well as my partner.

I played Smite for a bit. I think I'd prefer smite, mainly because I get direct control and influence over my character. So I preferred that playstyle. But, I do like seeing all the characters in LoL. But I'm glad you two are having a lot of fun~

Ah, my favorite game is Legend of Mana. By Square Soft (now Enix). IT was released for the PS1 in Japan and US (and Canada can use US region codes), but PAL region (IE, the rest of the world... square) never got the first release. They've since moved the game to PSN stores, but still with only Japan and US.
I have three PSN accounts. One US sub, one AU Main, and one US main. I use the US main on my PSP, and to download games that I normally can't get here. Otherwise I use my AU main on the PS3.
Dark Souls comes second in my list of favorite games though. 8D (not Dark Souls II.... -_- )

*cough* I'm long-winded.
i think i might just get them a wii and the sports games when the kid is like 3 or 4. i know she loved wii bowling and it'd be a good indoor activity.

i really liked persona 4, but i thought persona 3 (while still enjoyable) was shallow and repetitive, for as far as i got, and the characters didn't feel as real. i think it's a case of the plot moving the characters, where 4 definitely felt more like the characters moved the plot. if that makes sense. and 5 has tuxedo mask in it ohhh myy goodd i'm so hype

really? that sucks. maybe it has something to do with shipping costs? i mean, you do live on an island. but if it were just lack of someone having capitalized on the window yet, i hope someone does soon. maybe you and yours can start australian gamestop and become billionaires!

my computer won't let me try smite, but it looks way harder than it has to be. even your autoattacks have to be aimed? and you can't easily see all your surroundings? ggggghhhhhhhh too tricky for me

so can you just use your us accounts to buy whatever you want, or will your ps3 refuse to play anything that isn't PAL region? i never really got region-locking anyway. it's so dumb.  

Bulbadoof

Grumpy Misfit

Xathoa

Otherworldly Dragon

28,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Worthy Challenger 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:28 pm
Bulbadoof
i think i might just get them a wii and the sports games when the kid is like 3 or 4. i know she loved wii bowling and it'd be a good indoor activity.

i really liked persona 4, but i thought persona 3 (while still enjoyable) was shallow and repetitive, for as far as i got, and the characters didn't feel as real. i think it's a case of the plot moving the characters, where 4 definitely felt more like the characters moved the plot. if that makes sense. and 5 has tuxedo mask in it ohhh myy goodd i'm so hype

really? that sucks. maybe it has something to do with shipping costs? i mean, you do live on an island. but if it were just lack of someone having capitalized on the window yet, i hope someone does soon. maybe you and yours can start australian gamestop and become billionaires!

my computer won't let me try smite, but it looks way harder than it has to be. even your autoattacks have to be aimed? and you can't easily see all your surroundings? ggggghhhhhhhh too tricky for me

so can you just use your us accounts to buy whatever you want, or will your ps3 refuse to play anything that isn't PAL region? i never really got region-locking anyway. it's so dumb.

Well, that's a happy medium I think! Games and sports. It'd be great for rainy days too, methinks.~

Yeah, I understand. My partner, I think, plans on going in them in order. Since they are all related in a sense. And he really enjoys the JRPS style of games. So I think he may be fine with it. I need to continue Digital Devil Saga, actually. >.>; That reminds me....
Oh yes, it's a Persona Superhero story! xD Except... dark persona style. It looks really cool.~

I don't know, to be honest. Shipping isn't like it used to be way back when. I think people still believe it's the shipping costs (since we can get stuff from London/Europe so easily and fairly inexpensively). I think people still believe in old shipping costs, and because they always say "We have the money to spend on it". When it's not the case anymore. Our dollar has dropped considerably. It's just stupid.
HAhaha, we have Gamestop here. EB Games, they like to be called. We also have JB HiFi, which is a general media store. So games there too. And sometimes CEX, which is amazing in used games (if you can find it! IT's like Bedrock city). Other than that, there isn't much else. Sometimes small ones. But a lot of them have since closed down. Oh, and Game Traders, which deal in nostalgia, and price the games accordingly. X.x

Oh, that's a shame. It's really fun. I had Ah Muzen Cab- a bee deity, and got him in a skin (after days of earning) to look like C'thulhu! It was amazing!
Yeah, you usually have to manually aim your shots, but it isn't that difficult. And the view makes it a lot easier to ambush others. It's really intense. Though, I never played the normal mode. I LOVED playing in the Arena mode. 5 v 5 of an all-out brawl. Roles meant less there and I felt like I could do more, which is why I preferred it.

Yes, as long as the account is on the system. I just need to buy US PSN cards to add money. We have Play-Asia.com for that. I buy exclusive US games on Xarleksia (US PSN account), and I can play them on the system with any account attached to it. That's how I got Legend of Mana, and will be getting several other games.
The PS3 isn't region locked. And neither is the vita. But DLC and store content is. It's a bit weird. But, when in a place where releases of games are hard to come by, you kinda have to know these things if you want in on the community and games. The Vita locks itself to whatever PSN account you use. I have an AU Vita using a US PSN account (Xarleksia). So I can get US digital games. However, if I get a free code in AU for games, I can't use it, since its an AU code being placed in a US store. BUT, since it doesn't have region lock, I can buy games from Japan, US, and AU (physical games) and still be able to play them. I just have to be aware which ones have DLC. If it has DLC, and ones I want, I should get the game from the area my PSN account is in. (in this case, US games for US DLC).
... It's a bit confusing. But it works the EXACT same way on the PS3.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:11 pm
If people didn't like the way the Toejam and Earl looked in the kickstarter, they are taking feedback now

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1578116861/toejam-and-earl-back-in-the-groove/posts/1154110  

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:48 pm
They don't want my feedback.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:24 pm
Xathoa
Paper Sonic

Darn, I thought I included you in the mass post. Oh well!

Well, I have three PSN accounts. xD
But the one I use on my Vita is Xarleksia. Go ahead an add me. If we ever play Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice, God's Eater Burst, or something, my partner will always be tagging along, since we play games like those together all the time. Including MH4U. xD

I thank you for the compliment about the speedpaints though! I really enjoy doing them. xD You just... have to get me to sit down for them. I'm not inclined to get ready and sit for an hour ignoring things and doing things hastily. X.x;;

Nbd. XD
Wow, that's intense!
Mmkay, I just added you! Aww, that's great! :3 I guess now I'll have a reason to buy multiplayer games for the vita. >w>;
You're welcome~ Haha, yeah. I can understand that.  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:34 pm
Alright, then. I remember Eternal Draconis. I don't think we talked much, but welcome back.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:11 pm
Xathoa

*cough* I'm long-winded.
more like respecting the fact that my sister will skin me to set an example if her kid turns out to be a nerd :^)

persona is really good. i'm considering getting a vita basically just so i can pick them all up. i really liked the fighting game too - it had really simple controls which made it really easy to play without really understanding every mechanic. mashing A eventually turns into a super, lol.

saga games are notoriously hard if you go in blind. it's one of those games that doesn't go off levels, instead focusing on individual stat increases over the course of the game, kinda like ff legend 2. that makes it hard to get a feel for where you should be, but i always liked that method since it felt more gradual and grinding felt more instantaneously rewarding.

yeah, the league community, though infamous for being toxic, also goes nuts with fanart and cosplays and lore and fan-canons and whatever. it's interesting to have such a highly competitive game that also puts so much into creative endeavors. they've really found ways to draw in just about every type of player.

man, that's brutal. oh well, you have your workarounds i guess. and you could always just stock up when/if you go back to visit your family!

oh, i played a bit of legend of mana. didn't get very far (it was someone else's game), but it seemed fun and i loved the art style and world-building thing. it sucks you have to do a lot of dancing around region laws to get things, but i'm glad you got it all figured out.  

Bulbadoof

Grumpy Misfit

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:47 pm
Well I just learned that you can make a Japanese PSN account on any PS3. Guess who just got a cheaper Mr Gimmick and Rakugaki Showtime.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26186 26187 26188 26189 26190 26191 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games