Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26195 26196 26197 26198 26199 26200 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

astrophe

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:02 pm
cheese_whine
Jarogue
astrophe
I think after playing a couple rounds, I am 100% ok with not getting splatoon
You go right back in there tomorrow and TRY AGAIN. It was the best fun I ever had online on the Wii U, beating both Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros Wii U. 4 of y'all were even playing the game when I finally got kick off. How was for the others?
fiiiiiiine. i'll try again but I super don't like the motion controls.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:45 pm
You can turn motion controls off, but all they really do anyway is let you look around more. Just keep your hands flat if you don't want to use them.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

astrophe

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:46 pm
Ah ok! I didn't bother looking at the controls my bad. My friend is getting it day 1 so I'll go play a bit with him when it comes out and maybe it'll change my mind.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:51 pm
I really liked roller, but I was better with splattershot junior, particularly because of the bubbler, which I think is probably the most useful special that was in the demo. The killer wail gives people time to get out of the way, and is a pain to set up, but the bubbler will just save your a** any time, if you timing is good.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:11 am
I like the roller a lot but it has its shortcomings. I think a good strategy would be to stay behind and make sure everything near your spawn gets COVERED, especially on saltspray rig because the enemy team can't get up there. It's great at taking floors.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:45 pm
The roller is amazing when you have a charger covering it. Voice chat and team work be the best combo for Splatoon.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:42 pm
Their reasoning for not including it makes sense for public voice chat, but it really shouldn't be that way in the modes where you are forming teams with friends.

I suppose there's always skype, but some people can't be on the computer and wiiU at the same time.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:21 pm
what is their reasoning for not including it? do they think it'll turn into cod?  

Bulbadoof

Grumpy Misfit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:23 am
Bulbadoof
what is their reasoning for not including it? do they think it'll turn into cod?
I'll ******** your mom you ******** f*****t hacker.

I mean yes.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:02 pm
When i get a Wii U I'm going to get splatoon it looks like a fun game.  

DarkSwordsMan77

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:23 pm
wait is splatoon out? sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiit.

my wiiu has been unhooked cause the battery backup it was hooked up to died. 15 long years and that backup finally kicked it.

i'll have to get it hooked up and get it, it looked like a lot of fun.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:30 pm
Nope, there was a public beta last weekend. Connection speeds were surprisingly good.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:51 pm
ah thats good to hear, the question is how many people they get participating online though, and when full release is out will the adjustments to the hosting service match the probable need on release day. a lot of online games forget that key thing that makes a game successful.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:58 pm
Well, this was free, so the numbers were probably pretty high, even if the servers were only up 3 times for 1 hour at a time. If anything that probably drove more people online at the same time, since the window of opportunity was so small.

My point is, only people who want to pay will be playing at release,whereas this was totally free to anyone who knew it was going to happen-- Which is I guess maybe not a HUGE amount, considering the 1 day between it's announcement near the end of the Splatoon Direct and the Friday night session... But probably quite a lot of people!  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26195 26196 26197 26198 26199 26200 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games