Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Newbies-Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:57 pm
Hey Lion! Welcome to the guild!

I'm guild captain, waffles. I'm 17 and...very confused at the moment.

Expect to see some depressive emo poetry/stories coming to a forum near you!

Just a public service announcement for everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:30 pm
My history teacher is Texan, and therefore slightly ignorant. razz Sorry Reese.

Yay, Waffles! Oh, I mean.... emo ?  

KirbyVictorious

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:32 pm
That makes me feel rather uneasy...

What is bothering my Capytan?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:36 am
I'm sorry, Cap'n. Is something wrong?  

Voxxx

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:58 pm
question  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:19 pm
The Great Lion
All right, so I'm new here. Just call me Lion 3nodding .

I've been writing since I was six years old and can safely say I've improved! I'm 21 and am currently editing my first novel, I go to university so I might not be posting much, readings and assignments and all. I enjoy writing short prose, no poetry, short fiction, long fiction and non-fiction. Not sure what else to remark on, I live Canada, yes its cold up here, its winter...

So that's it, not much else to really talk about, hope to see everyone around!

the Lion

ZOMG LION!! what are you doing here??

(This is lion he usually writes in another guild, from what I can gather.)

From what I've heard his stories involving dark satire are usually good.

Nice to see ya.  

NovaKing

Kitty Girl Loves Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:46 pm
Hello. -waves-
I'm Karen. ^^
Errmm... I'm not really good at introductions. -sweatdrop-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:54 pm
Welcome, my name is Tak-Jak and I am the guild Vice Captain.
Make yourself at home, and no worries about the introduction.

Just post a few pieces, we are all writers we can read inbetween the lines.
=] I am currently editing an essay to submition into a contest, so I will be around if you need me.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Blond_Sakura

Mega Member

8,700 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:34 pm
~Sakura's Intro Speech~

Well, first of all, thank you very much for accepting my application, (even after my issue of not finding it XD) Waffles. I'm very happy to be here. I hope to become an active part of the guild community. ^.^
Bio: Hello/konnichiwa/hola! My webname has been Sakura for the past six years, but my real name is Mel. Please call me Sakura, it's how I see myself. I'm sixteen years old, currently in grade ten, and I live in Canada. My majors are art, English and Social Studies. I'm retaining an 85 or so average in my studies (!) I've been drawing seriously for four years now, but writing has always been what breathes life into me. I've been writing little stories since the moment I firgured out how to read, and I quickly pulled ahead of the other kids in this skill. blaugh I have an account on the world famous www.writing.com, username sakurafantasy. Check out my portfolio! ~.^ Since I was five, I've known what I want to be when I grow up: an author. It has never changed since then. I write every chance I can. I have one novel, Hytheira--a pre-medival fantasy about the power of hatred, love and the understanding of differences--in the works. I also have a novella, Project Tsubesa, a compassionate sci-fi about the power of free will and friendship, in my "finish before I'm 20" bin. I have a few other minor ones, but they're unimportant at the moment. XD My favourite genre is fantasy, but i've written pretty much everything else, and have produced the same quality of work. All the essays I have written this year have gained 100% ^.^ (though I hate writing them)
Achivements I'll just ramble these off in order to not sound conceited XD.
dramallama Creative writing award
dramallama Literacy Award
dramallama 3rd or so highest grade, gr. 9 L.A P.A.T
dramallama 2nd highest grade, gr. 10 Enligh final
and the honor roll and archery and such...
Interests Writing (dur), reading, drawing (I love to flesh out my characters and scenes) Japan, and anything to do with the place, including manga, anime, food and culture (I have my own kimono!), music (I play piano, clarinet and write sheet music for my stories), all of Miyazaki's movies, archery, gaia, and English studies.
What I need to work on (no writer is perfect!)
neutral past/present tense...apperantly I switch back and forth
neutral remembering what I have planned out, plotwise and such
neutral SPELLING. I've always been horrible at it...if you help me with this, you will be MY GOD.
neutral repeating myself. Since I don't usually have much of a written plot, I sometimes repeat themes, conversations, and character intros.
neutral mood. some chapters are angry, some subtle, some a bit dull.
neutral my unfinished-itis. I have trouble finishing pretty much anything, but I haven't really gave up on any of it either. I am determined to finish and publish Hytheira. I believe the story it tells is important enough to be told to the world. scream
My goal in life...
To have at least one of my stories become so famous that I can live simply off my name. scream And...to have Ms. Rowling bow down to ME. Just jokes, but I do want to become a well known author. I plan to become a high school Enlgish teacher for the time being, for a real job. XD Getting my pure math 30 is going to be hard... Teaching also has the most time off, so writing will be a lot easier. 3nodding
EDIT: There are a few things when it comes to writing, that Sakura does NOT like...

evil FANFICTIONS. I do not believe in them, or support them. If you find me refusing to crit your fanfic, it's nothing personal. I just don't read them. In my opinion, a story is made out of three things: character, plot/conflict, and ORIGINALITY. The character is NOT yours, the story is NOT entirely yours, and the ENTIRE WORLD of the story is not yours, so therefore, I don't consider any fanfic an original piece or art, but a traced copy, with a few minor changes (kinda like the art arena copies, eh?) And the other reason, is I guess that I'm sick of them. I've read so many, and so many have been poorly written... stressed But...if you REALLY think your fanfic is amazing, and other people have given you good reviews, I MIGHT take a look. Again, if I offended anyone here, I apologize. sweatdrop
evil I also hate it when people of average to high intelligence misspell the words your/you're, there/their/they're, quit/quite, hole/whole and so on. Come on! These have been beaten into our heads since 4th grade, you should know them by now.
evil I also hate it when people who know nothing about literature are forced to edit my work. (also called peer editing) All they do is point out the complicated sentences they don't understand, not the mistakes. Not to mention they can't spell any better than I can.... stare And if they do find mistakes, they're the ones I've fixed already.
evil when people ask me to write stuff for them. (apparently i'm smart enough to do this XD) Unless I'm getting good pay, it's not happening. Do your own damn work, ya lazy bum.
evil HARDTOPRONOUNCENAMES. especially in fantasy. everyone reads in their head...their funk is totally thrown to the wall when a name like Y'swuk'laxue'seus is thrown in. Our brains can't handle it!! Unless that character's name is supposed to be humourous or unknown, there is literally no point. (yes, i'm lookin' at you, mister Paolini!) All of my stories have simple names, like Dran, Saffie, Thorn, Troy, Nigredo..my only long one is Asperendix (a**-per-end-ix) which isn't too difficult, and it's in another language anyway, so it's supposed to be unknown.
evil books that have no concrete ending, or that are boring (the problem does not seem important, or that is does not connect to me), or that have no point, or when a plot twist is added at the end to make room for a sequal, just because he can...*cough* *artemis fowl* *cough
evil authors that require tons of pictures in order to describe everything...a bit like the spiderwick chronicles...? If you're such a gifted writer, you shouldn't NEED pictures to describe every scene and every character, especially for tween's books! Kids have imaginations! Let them use it!
evil series that never seem to end...like most manga, lol. Or things with many many chapters and characters/points of view. If there are too many of these things, the story gets muddled and confusing.
(there are many more writing fopauxs I hate, but I think I should stop here... sweatdrop I'm starting to ramble, and we all know how much we hate that.)

If you haven't heard enough about me in this word wall, there's more on my profile. ^.^ I hope to get to know you, and that I haven't scared any of you away with the intro.
Write on!
-Sakura  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:41 pm
Hiiiiiiiiii! I'm Kirby-the-mod-of-doom!

.......wait.

Wait.

YOU'RE NOT BLOND! O.O

*gaspeth!*

c: that's cool too.

All I got out of that speech was MY GOD X.X

So here I am! ^(^0^)^ Worship meeeee.

Just kidding. But appreciation for spelling help is a plus. >< I'll help ya all you want.  

KirbyVictorious

Kurai_kotori

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:36 pm
'Scuse me, Karen was it? Just curious about your sig there. Mostly just curious about why my avatar is in it.

EDIT: it changed again  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:26 pm
That's myyyyyy avvi!  

KirbyVictorious

Kurai_kotori

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:37 pm
KirbyVictorious
That's myyyyyy avvi!

And again if it wasn't for my sarcastic humor and preference to make very verbose statements, I would be stunned by Kaabii-san's strangeness.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:19 pm
Kittie Girl Loves Andrew
Hello. -waves-
I'm Karen. ^^
Errmm... I'm not really good at introductions. -sweatdrop-

why is my avatar in your sig...? 0.o
ninja
EDIT: woah...it changed. Nevermind, I guess. stare  

Blond_Sakura

Mega Member

8,700 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Blond_Sakura

Mega Member

8,700 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:35 pm
KirbyVictorious
Hiiiiiiiiii! I'm Kirby-the-mod-of-doom!

.......wait.

Wait.

YOU'RE NOT BLOND! O.O

*gaspeth!*

c: that's cool too.

All I got out of that speech was MY GOD X.X

So here I am! ^(^0^)^ Worship meeeee.

Just kidding. But appreciation for spelling help is a plus. >< I'll help ya all you want.

scream LET US ALL WORSHIP THE FROG! scream
yes, I am blond in real life, but my avatar no longer is.
spelling? You help....me?
YAY.
I've failed every spelling test since 1st grade...then I discovered spell check ^.^.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games