Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:00 pm
You need a cane...do they have some?

(Clockwork Orange is written in 'nadsat' an invented language that's a combination of schoolboy slang, russian and invented slang. It's pretty intense for the first few pages and then you really get into it. What I said was "It makes me want to speak nadsat my fine young gentleman." *shrugs*)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:03 pm
they have the gentleman's canes, but those are so expensive! i'll probably buy one anyway. anything for the better...ing? for the bettering of my -do.

i've been told that i must read clockwork orange, but i just haven't found a copy anywhere. hmph.  

HephaestusOS

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:09 pm
YEs. You must read it. It's fantastic. The dialogue is great and WAY better than the movie. I'm a pacifist so I found it really violent at points but it's necessary to make a point at the end so it's still worth reading.

*Gluggles everyone night night*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:10 pm
hey hespestus you have a new message ck it out xd xd xd xd xd xd xd  

AlwynRowanwind

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:45 pm
I must see this "The Kid" movie; it seems humorous.

*gluggles everybody*  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:45 pm
I had to watch Clockwork Orange (the movie) for my Composition class, and I can't say as I enjoyed it. The dialogue scared the crap outah me, and he rapes a woman while singing 'Singin' in the Rain'. How screwed up is that!?

*gluggles Tana, Magni, and Kiki* Yay you called me Monterey Jack *feels all happy and whatnot*  

The Many Voices

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:44 am
alwyn! i love your gift!! but i already bought one!! i went to buy it and at the screen when it says "You've successfully bought blah blah blah" it said I had a new PM and it was the NPC Rina one saying that you'd given me a gift!!! talk about crazy. do you want it back now that i have one? or should i keep it and have two SERIOUSLY badass canes? grah!!! see what happens when people are nice to me!?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:15 am
Waya: I agree it's messed up and the film is hard to watch, but I was talking about the book. He still rapes her but it's not as cartooney in the book.

That's awesome Heph.

Electric Kool-Aid

Kikiama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:32 am
@Monterey Jack.

Teehee. whee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:11 am
*gluggles Kiki* Your PS character's power is frickin' awesome!

Also, Sam has a roomie! Woot!

One more thing: There are two empaths in the storyline, both named Sarah. Isn't that weird?  

Trowa The Fearless

Kikiama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:18 am
*Gluggle-ness* XD Awwwww... thank you. I spent a long time trying to explain it properly so people coudl understand and it not be "magic". I wanted it to be believable and have rules. :3

Yeah... there are, but they are different types at least. Mmmmm... Variety. blaugh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:19 am
it wasn't intentional! I swear! xD
*didn't even notice it until you mentioned it*  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kikiama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:21 am
rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:26 am
It's alright, Goosey! heart I think it's pretty cool. 3nodding  

Trowa The Fearless

The Many Voices

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:34 am
I'm so happy, I finally have a nickname *cries from happiness* and we got oooone more joinin PS *grins*

YAY for Russian stereotypes!!! XD  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games