Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:07 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF
Queen Spazzy
Ahahaha, why do I keep doing this to myself, why.
I tripped and fell in the Miraculous Ladybug fandom a while back.
(It all start with a GIF of Chat Noir...)
I took a (forced) break because where I was watching wasn't quite caught up with all the releases yet.
And I checked back yesterday, and they had finally caught up.
And I may have just binge watched ten episodes in a row.
(My binge regret migraine is killing me, but it's so worth it.)
But now I have to wait like a normal person for the next season to be aired.
*sobs* This is killing me. I'm no good at the 'patience' thing.
But hey, at least the next two seasons are confirmed so this won't go getting cancelled on me like most of the stuff I like!
... A small comfort in the face of my obsession, but a comfort nonetheless.

Oh my god I love that show!! They began production on season 2 at the beginning of this month, too. I have a randomized schedule, so I haven't seen any episodes as they air. But the website I used went up to episode 12 and stopped for like... 2 months, and randomly they uploaded all the others of season 1 at the end of April. So a few weeks ago, I spent all night bingewatching every last episode I'd missed and payed the price of forgetting to do homework...

I hope your migraine gets better, too! Make sure to rest your eyes for a while so it can ease up some.

Oh my gosh, another fan~!! I'm just shy of being a rabid fangirl, I love this show so much.
I don't have real telly, so I can't watch the actual US airings. :c Usually Hulu has everything me and my beau want, so we went with that over paying for stuff through our ISP, but Miraculous isn't on Hulu, so I had to find a way around it. >>;
I suspect we may be watching at the same place, the same thing happened for me, haha~
Except I didn't think to check back until the internet told me another episode had aired here in the states. >>; I had been expecting to just be watching that latest release, but, well, obviously it went to more than that, haha~
I wanted to watch it in French so badly, but I couldn't find it in decent quality, blah. If it comes out on DVD here I may have to go buy it, because I suspect they'll include French audio with that, and I'm desperaaaaaate.
(Because the mother tongue is usually the best choice for most animations, like Wakfu was best watched in French; plus, I'm sure Chat Noir in French is to dieeeeeee for.)
It did get better! I ended up going to sleep and just sleeping it off, that happens a lot with me. ^^;

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:01 am
Queen Spazzy
Paladin Magnus of BF
Queen Spazzy
Ahahaha, why do I keep doing this to myself, why.
I tripped and fell in the Miraculous Ladybug fandom a while back.
(It all start with a GIF of Chat Noir...)
I took a (forced) break because where I was watching wasn't quite caught up with all the releases yet.
And I checked back yesterday, and they had finally caught up.
And I may have just binge watched ten episodes in a row.
(My binge regret migraine is killing me, but it's so worth it.)
But now I have to wait like a normal person for the next season to be aired.
*sobs* This is killing me. I'm no good at the 'patience' thing.
But hey, at least the next two seasons are confirmed so this won't go getting cancelled on me like most of the stuff I like!
... A small comfort in the face of my obsession, but a comfort nonetheless.

Oh my god I love that show!! They began production on season 2 at the beginning of this month, too. I have a randomized schedule, so I haven't seen any episodes as they air. But the website I used went up to episode 12 and stopped for like... 2 months, and randomly they uploaded all the others of season 1 at the end of April. So a few weeks ago, I spent all night bingewatching every last episode I'd missed and payed the price of forgetting to do homework...

I hope your migraine gets better, too! Make sure to rest your eyes for a while so it can ease up some.

Oh my gosh, another fan~!! I'm just shy of being a rabid fangirl, I love this show so much.
I don't have real telly, so I can't watch the actual US airings. :c Usually Hulu has everything me and my beau want, so we went with that over paying for stuff through our ISP, but Miraculous isn't on Hulu, so I had to find a way around it. >>;
I suspect we may be watching at the same place, the same thing happened for me, haha~
Except I didn't think to check back until the internet told me another episode had aired here in the states. >>; I had been expecting to just be watching that latest release, but, well, obviously it went to more than that, haha~
I wanted to watch it in French so badly, but I couldn't find it in decent quality, blah. If it comes out on DVD here I may have to go buy it, because I suspect they'll include French audio with that, and I'm desperaaaaaate.
(Because the mother tongue is usually the best choice for most animations, like Wakfu was best watched in French; plus, I'm sure Chat Noir in French is to dieeeeeee for.)
It did get better! I ended up going to sleep and just sleeping it off, that happens a lot with me. ^^;

If you are watching it where I think you are watching it, watch out some of those can be hacked.
pro tip, start it, then pause it and drag the slider back.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:25 pm
delasislas

I block so many things through add-ons I doubt they'll be getting much through.
I don't even allow most cookies, and I wasn't using a Flash player (because Flash is stupid vulnerable).
I'm pretty hypervigilant, and overly paranoid. ^^;
(But thanks for inadvertently reminding me I should run a scan! My beau has probably racked up tracking cookies galore by now, at the least. He's not as paranoid as I am.)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:21 pm
Queen Spazzy
delasislas

I don't even allow most cookies, and I wasn't using a Flash player (because Flash is stupid vulnerable).
(But thanks for inadvertently reminding me I should run a scan! My beau has probably racked up tracking cookies galore by now, at the least. He's not as paranoid as I am.)

clear your cache to help speed up  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:38 pm
delasislas
Queen Spazzy
delasislas

I do that ~once every couple weeks.
(My browser is supposed to purge just about everything every time it closes, but it doesn't always work like that since I have it synced with my phone...)
I need to clear the cache on my phone more often, but I'm so forgetful with that.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:58 pm
Queen Spazzy
delasislas
Queen Spazzy
delasislas

I do that ~once every couple weeks.
(My browser is supposed to purge just about everything every time it closes, but it doesn't always work like that since I have it synced with my phone...)
I need to clear the cache on my phone more often, but I'm so forgetful with that.

If you use a Windows computer, something that may or may not help (if it's an old computer, this might not be effective) is if you go to the Task Menu and check both the processes and performance tabs. See how much % of the CPU is being used (if you're running a video, it will use more CPU so don't panic if it spikes quickly). End any tasks that are taking up a lot of the CPU space.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:22 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF
If you use a Windows computer, something that may or may not help (if it's an old computer, this might not be effective) is if you go to the Task Menu and check both the processes and performance tabs. See how much % of the CPU is being used (if you're running a video, it will use more CPU so don't panic if it spikes quickly). End any tasks that are taking up a lot of the CPU space.

I build my own computer. ^^;
(Well, 'we,' rather; it's a joint effort between me and my beau, usually he decides when it's time to upgrade, and I put in the research to determine what we're upgrading to and where we're buying.)
I'm a total technophile, so the only way to get the stuff I want, when I want (not to mention the way I want), without selling organs on the black market, is by building it myself.
It's not the bleeding edge of tech, but it's way better than what I call 'consumer builds', I think we're only a generation or so behind the latest hardware now.
Honestly, RAM is usually a much bigger concern for most people than processing, especially for anyone that likes to multitask, you'll usually tap out all of your memory before you even come close to stressing your processor. (My browser alone hogs a consistent half gig or so of memory.)
Be careful with killing processes, though! If you kill the wrong thing, it can result in an unstable system, or even keep you from being able to use it properly (I killed my taskbar once on accident while trying to end an unresponsive file transfer, whoops, only fix for that was hitting the panic button).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:47 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF
Me: *gets burst of drawing motivation*
Dad: Maybe you should go outside!
Me: Mkay! Why not?
Me: *rides bike into a wall and sprains hand*
Me: *can't write or draw or do anything with that hand all day*
Hand: *finally eases most of the pain up so I can draw. When I have 10 minutes left before I need to sleep*
Me: Just my luck!

Update: I've most likely fractured a bone in my wrist and now am stuck in an arm brace... crying crying

No biking, no drumming, NO MARTIAL ARTS (at least I can still write, and probably draw)  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:05 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF
Paladin Magnus of BF
Me: *gets burst of drawing motivation*
Dad: Maybe you should go outside!
Me: Mkay! Why not?
Me: *rides bike into a wall and sprains hand*
Me: *can't write or draw or do anything with that hand all day*
Hand: *finally eases most of the pain up so I can draw. When I have 10 minutes left before I need to sleep*
Me: Just my luck!

Update: I've most likely fractured a bone in my wrist and now am stuck in an arm brace... crying crying

No biking, no drumming, NO MARTIAL ARTS (at least I can still write, and probably draw)

it's just one wrist, all you have to do is become good at riding bikes one handed, drumming one handed, and martial arts one handed.
That sucks though. how bad is it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:23 pm
delasislas

It isn't too bad, thankfully. It was just a really tiny bone that I fractured. I'm going to get it checked out Tuesday to see how long I need my brace, though.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:16 am
Ahhhh, the prelim patch notes for ffxiv have released.
I'm so freaking excited, oh my gosh.
Sooooo not looking forward to the projected 24 hour maintenance, though. ;w;
(Not like it really matters, I won't be able to do jack until my beau finishes all the main story stuff. Grumble grumble...)
I should probably make my own character at some point, but I've put so much time and effort into this character, she's my baby, I don't think I can ever leave her at this point. >>;
(She's also BA and mega OP - 'cause I have no life and have maxed her level in all battle classes but the three tank roles. We even name characters in other games after her; oh man, the one in Dark Souls III with her name went with a strength build and she freaking DESTROYS.)
For real, though, I am so excited for the new patch. SO. EXCITED.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:12 am
I have come to understand the true necessity of a healer in an MMO. I have been helping beta test one called Riders of Icarus, but I chose a berzerker since I love firsthand combat and being more of a solo player (AND SWORDS!!!!!!). But I couldn't get past this one quest where I needed to get a key because I had no healing magic and the monsters kept killing me. After about 6 deaths, I called out for help, and a healer came to me like a fricking god and whenever I took damage he'd heal me, and I would defend him so we could both get the key and hammer. Like seriously, healers are gods. Thank them for existing every time. I'd be in another death loop (where you die like 20 times but still keep trying to fight over and over again) had it not been for that healer.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:45 am
Paladin Magnus of BF
I have come to understand the true necessity of a healer in an MMO. I have been helping beta test one called Riders of Icarus, but I chose a berzerker since I love firsthand combat and being more of a solo player (AND SWORDS!!!!!!). But I couldn't get past this one quest where I needed to get a key because I had no healing magic and the monsters kept killing me. After about 6 deaths, I called out for help, and a healer came to me like a fricking god and whenever I took damage he'd heal me, and I would defend him so we could both get the key and hammer. Like seriously, healers are gods. Thank them for existing every time. I'd be in another death loop (where you die like 20 times but still keep trying to fight over and over again) had it not been for that healer.

Healer tank combo ftw.
(I'm assuming your class is a tank with a name like 'berzerker', though I s'pose it could be melee dps, too...)
A good tank and a good healer paired together makes almost an unstoppable combo, though.
I main healer, and there's a guy on my server in xiv I run into in the field occasionally who mains tank, I've run around with him on a few occasions, and we just destroy together, it's great.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:21 pm
Queen Spazzy
Paladin Magnus of BF

Healer tank combo ftw.
(I'm assuming your class is a tank with a name like 'berzerker', though I s'pose it could be melee dps, too...)
A good tank and a good healer paired together makes almost an unstoppable combo, though.
I main healer, and there's a guy on my server in xiv I run into in the field occasionally who mains tank, I've run around with him on a few occasions, and we just destroy together, it's great.

That's awesome! I meet up with a lot of the same people in Maplestory, and I'm hoping for the same to happen with Riders of Icarus. Right now, most players are healers and only a few of us are tanks, me included. Most of them have so far been relying on the berserkers and knights to defend since they're the strongest classes, and are really nice in return and heal you even if you're just talking to an NPC in the towns. So far though, I haven't come across anyone twice since the game still isn't fully released and few are dedicated to it as of yet.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:41 am
Paladin Magnus of BF
That's awesome! I meet up with a lot of the same people in Maplestory, and I'm hoping for the same to happen with Riders of Icarus. Right now, most players are healers and only a few of us are tanks, me included. Most of them have so far been relying on the berserkers and knights to defend since they're the strongest classes, and are really nice in return and heal you even if you're just talking to an NPC in the towns. So far though, I haven't come across anyone twice since the game still isn't fully released and few are dedicated to it as of yet.

I think a lot of people know my character at this point simply because of how much time I spend in xiv. >>;
(It's a well known fact that I have no life.)
The usual MMO role balance goes along the lines of SCADS of DPS (because even if I like playing DPS, let's just be honest, it doesn't often take a whole lot to be a mediocre to average DPS), just few enough healers for good ones to be desperately sought after, and so few tanks that it's the role you're always left looking for unless it's your own class.
It's kinda surprising you've not come across anyone more than once, though, usually even in beta there's a contingent of relatively hardcore people that are around all the time and that you can find often enough...

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games