Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:36 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF
So far, 2 of my friends have attempted to convince me that Trump is great for president. One thinks he is the best and most reliable choice, and the other tried to convince me he isn't half bad a guy.

There are 2 people with "Trump Make America Great Again 2016" signs in my neighborhood.

Why? Why must I be pained in such a way...

I suppose I'm lucky that my friends lean more towards anarcho-capitalism.
All, like, three of them. >>;
So I don't really have to worry about hearing junk like that.
I'm pretty convinced NONE of the candidates are any good (not like it really matters, I'm not registered to vote, anyway).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:24 am
EXCITEMENT.
The Steam summer sale has begun!
AND. AndandandAND~!! DANGANRONPA 2 IS ON SALE!
Plus Borderlands the Pre-Sequel.
My beau is a lovey dove and bought them both as soon as he found out.
Now I have to work on finishing the first Danganronpa.
(I'm something like halfway through it, going by how many characters I have remaining, it just gives me major migraines if I play it too long, so I take long breaks from it, and haven't quite gotten back to it since my last binge session...)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:28 am
Queen Spazzy
Paladin Magnus of BF
So far, 2 of my friends have attempted to convince me that Trump is great for president. One thinks he is the best and most reliable choice, and the other tried to convince me he isn't half bad a guy.

There are 2 people with "Trump Make America Great Again 2016" signs in my neighborhood.

Why? Why must I be pained in such a way...

I suppose I'm lucky that my friends lean more towards anarcho-capitalism.
All, like, three of them. >>;
So I don't really have to worry about hearing junk like that.
I'm pretty convinced NONE of the candidates are any good (not like it really matters, I'm not registered to vote, anyway).

Heh. It's fine to have only a few friends as long as they're close to you. And especially if those friends don't talk about politics lol.

In my tiny town, politics come up in casual conversation constantly (it starts out interesting the first 2 times, and after the 3rd and beyond you just want to flip a table in their general direction). But eh, what can I do?

And to be honest, I can completely understand why you wouldn't bother with the election. Even my history teacher who is obsessed with this sort of thing said he can't be bothered this year.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:53 am
Paladin Magnus of BF
Heh. It's fine to have only a few friends as long as they're close to you. And especially if those friends don't talk about politics lol.

In my tiny town, politics come up in casual conversation constantly (it starts out interesting the first 2 times, and after the 3rd and beyond you just want to flip a table in their general direction). But eh, what can I do?

And to be honest, I can completely understand why you wouldn't bother with the election. Even my history teacher who is obsessed with this sort of thing said he can't be bothered this year.

Definitely quality over quantity, so it doesn't really bother me, I figure I'm lucky to have more than one person I can consider really close.
Oh, yeah, I get it, I live in a bigger city now, but my hometown is an eensy teensy village (so teeny it's barely even a village!), so I know how it comes up all the time, I think my school even played all the presidential debates and the swearing in and stuff in half the classrooms... It's just like "Ugh, please, get this OVER with so I don't have to hear about it anymore."
At least until they start whining about how the people elected aren't doing stuff right... Blegh.
Right? It's like, either way you choose, it's not even a GOOD choice, so why bother.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:44 am
STAR OCEANNNNNNN.
ITS HERE. IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HERE~!!
I am practically vibrating with excitement.
My beau even went and picked it up and brought it back to me before he headed in to work, even though I totally intended to just wait until tomorrow for it, he's so sweet.
(And so very aware of how rabidly excited I have been about this since it was first announced. >>; )
ANYway, if I disappear for an indeterminate amount of time, I'm likely off playing this.
(Actually, have it playing as I type this from my phone, eheh.)
I am obsessed and perfectly willing to admit that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:54 pm
Well I was disappointed today... Riders of Icarus gave me instructions to download and access the game a week early, and only implied you needed to have purchased the founders pack to do so. So there I was, assuming I'd be able to play it today, but nope! Eh, at least it's only 1 more week. I'd never have been able to afford the founders pack, even the cheapest one, as is.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:26 pm
Who's a new lvl 10 alchemist??? MEEE!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:53 am
delasislas

NIIIIICEEEEEE!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin Congrats!! What items are you going to try making?  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:13 am
Paladin Magnus of BF
delasislas

NIIIIICEEEEEE!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin Congrats!! What items are you going to try making?

First, I want to make the crown of thrice great, it is a component only recipe, but getting held up at gold caches.
Second, I want to finish L'ere de mephiste, just something to finish up.
Third, I want to work on finishing some old formulas.
Then I guess I might just work on doing lvl 10 formulas., unless you want anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:14 pm
My Pokemon GO experience so far:
Welcome our new lord and savior, Pidgey.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:25 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF

pidgeot is bird jesus  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:23 am
delasislas
Paladin Magnus of BF

pidgeot is bird jesus

Then Pidgeotto must be the omnipresent overlord.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:45 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF

My beau has caught a few different things now.
He caught an eevee by the closet in our apartment...
And a bulbasaur somewhere on his way home from work. (He was disappointed, he wanted a charmander.)
And he caught two things at Taco Bell, though I can't remember what they were...
I wanted to play it, but I don't leave the apartment much (the life of an antisocial hermit with severe social anxiety...), and I don't think I COULD, anyway, because my phone isn't allowed access to my location (I'm paranoid, very paranoid), and I'd totally never agree to letting an app have access to that info, even something as innocuous as Pokemon. Such a shame...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:17 pm
Queen Spazzy
Paladin Magnus of BF

And a bulbasaur somewhere on his way home from work. (He was disappointed, he wanted a charmander.)
And he caught two things at Taco Bell, though I can't remember what they were...
I wanted to play it, but I don't leave the apartment much (the life of an antisocial hermit with severe social anxiety...), and I don't think I COULD, anyway, because my phone isn't allowed access to my location (I'm paranoid, very paranoid), and I'd totally never agree to letting an app have access to that info, even something as innocuous as Pokemon. Such a shame...

Hey, it's alright. I hardly leave my house anymore either, but that's the reason I got the game was so it could motivate me to actually do things for once. It's a lot more entertaining to play the game with someone rather than alone, in my opinion. And if it's any reassurance about the game using your location, this is from the official Pokemon GO website in the Privacy Policy section:

We may collect and store your device's source IP address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the Services. Advertisements and certain content could be directed to you as a result of this data. In addition, in some cases the Services can deliver content based on your current location if you choose to enable that feature. If you enable that feature, your current location will be stored locally on your device which will be used by the Services to serve you certain content tied to your location. If you elect to have your location-based searches saved to your history, we will store such information on our servers (collectively, all location based information collected by Pokémon is “Location Information”). You always may disable these features or withdraw your consent to providing your Location Information. However, if you prefer not to disclose Location Information, you will not be able to enjoy certain features of our Services and in some cases may not be able to use certain Services at all.

In short, the game is essentially using it for the phone version of cookies, which they also claimed they do use but only on the official Pokemon GO website. And you can always turn off cookies in your browser settings.

Our Sites also use cookies. Cookies are pieces of information that a Site sends to your computer while you are viewing the Site. We and other companies use cookies for a variety of purposes. For example, when you return to one of our Sites after logging in, cookies provide information to the Site so that the Site will remember who you are. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser (like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your experience smoother, like the features mentioned above, and some of our services may not function properly.

And in the section for personal info usage:

We don't share, sell, or rent your personal information to third parties without your prior consent. Other than the technical information described earlier, we don't require personal information to access our Services. However, if you prefer not to disclose personal information, you will not be able to enjoy certain features of our Services.

Whatever the purpose may be, we will only collect information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and our legitimate business objectives.

So in short, the GPS is harmless. Pokemon GO does not do anything to your personal information. If you read the Terms of Use you aren't giving them the right to sell your information in any way, either, or the right to profit from it.

I can understand if you're still skeptical though (believe me, I've been there myself). Hopefully this is some reassurance, though, if you ever do decide to play it.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:16 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF
Queen Spazzy
Paladin Magnus of BF

Hey, it's alright. I hardly leave my house anymore either, but that's the reason I got the game was so it could motivate me to actually do things for once. It's a lot more entertaining to play the game with someone rather than alone, in my opinion. And if it's any reassurance about the game using your location, this is from the official Pokemon GO website in the Privacy Policy section:

We may collect and store your device's source IP address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the Services. Advertisements and certain content could be directed to you as a result of this data. In addition, in some cases the Services can deliver content based on your current location if you choose to enable that feature. If you enable that feature, your current location will be stored locally on your device which will be used by the Services to serve you certain content tied to your location. If you elect to have your location-based searches saved to your history, we will store such information on our servers (collectively, all location based information collected by Pokémon is “Location Information”). You always may disable these features or withdraw your consent to providing your Location Information. However, if you prefer not to disclose Location Information, you will not be able to enjoy certain features of our Services and in some cases may not be able to use certain Services at all.

In short, the game is essentially using it for the phone version of cookies, which they also claimed they do use but only on the official Pokemon GO website. And you can always turn off cookies in your browser settings.

Our Sites also use cookies. Cookies are pieces of information that a Site sends to your computer while you are viewing the Site. We and other companies use cookies for a variety of purposes. For example, when you return to one of our Sites after logging in, cookies provide information to the Site so that the Site will remember who you are. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser (like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your experience smoother, like the features mentioned above, and some of our services may not function properly.

And in the section for personal info usage:

We don't share, sell, or rent your personal information to third parties without your prior consent. Other than the technical information described earlier, we don't require personal information to access our Services. However, if you prefer not to disclose personal information, you will not be able to enjoy certain features of our Services.

Whatever the purpose may be, we will only collect information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and our legitimate business objectives.

So in short, the GPS is harmless. Pokemon GO does not do anything to your personal information. If you read the Terms of Use you aren't giving them the right to sell your information in any way, either, or the right to profit from it.

I can understand if you're still skeptical though (believe me, I've been there myself). Hopefully this is some reassurance, though, if you ever do decide to play it.

I read terms and privacy policies like religious zealots read holy scriptures.
But that doesn't change the fact that my phone itself isn't allowed to track my location.
(I always decline that part of the series of agreements you're supposed to make when first setting up a smartphone because, fun fact, you can decline some things without interfering with functions. My mom thinks I'm daffy for it.)
Technically it can still get a general read on where I am based on IP if I'm connected to the internet (which I'm generally not and have my mobile data turned off, which would also murder functionality of that app, I would figure) or whatever towers I'm pinging off of for service, but it's a lot broader than just being like "Yeah, sure Google, track all my daily habits in case anyone wants to stalk me!"
I mean, it's not a big deal to most people, I figure, but with hyper targeted advertising on phones based off location, and then a lot of targeted advertisers having super vague data retention policies and whatnot... I'd just rather stay as reasonably far away from it as I can, it just really bothers me.

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games