Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:17 am
I got a job interview, for a coordinator position. What should I wear?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:09 pm
delasislas

When in doubt, overdress!
As long as it looks relatively professional, it's probably a safe bet.
I usually have my beau do interviews in a nice pair of slacks and a crisp button-up, girls can get away with the same, but you can switch the pants for a nice skirt if you'd rather (an a-line or some other nice looking midi would probably be best).
Neutral colors are generally safest - blacks, grays, white, light blues, and you might be able to swing some pastels - general rule of thumb is just that you don't want your clothes to be distracting.
Pair with a nice set of coordinating shoes and you should be golden! c:

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:11 pm
Queen Spazzy
delasislas

When in doubt, overdress!
As long as it looks relatively professional, it's probably a safe bet.
I usually have my beau do interviews in a nice pair of slacks and a crisp button-up, girls can get away with the same, but you can switch the pants for a nice skirt if you'd rather (an a-line or some other nice looking midi would probably be best).
Neutral colors are generally safest - blacks, grays, white, light blues, and you might be able to swing some pastels - general rule of thumb is just that you don't want your clothes to be distracting.
Pair with a nice set of coordinating shoes and you should be golden! c:

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:14 pm
Thinking about changing my major. I can't find this stupid book from 1988 that is required and another one that doesn't even have any information on it.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:09 pm
delasislas
Thinking about changing my major. I can't find this stupid book from 1988 that is required and another one that doesn't even have any information on it.

Not even on Amazon? They usually have everything...
You could try querying some local library catalogs; it seems a little weird, but I know my libraries have the weirdest stuff available sometimes, and you can usually renew it endlessly if you need it for a whole semester, especially if it's not a high demand book, and then you don't have to pay a thing for it!
(And even if they won't let you renew it endlessly, just keeping it out and paying a late fee at the end is often still cheaper than buying the book, especially if the library is like the one in my hometown and has a fee cap.)
You might also try Half Price Books if you have any near you; if you ask for a specific book and they don't have it, they'll check other locations nearby and often will have it shipped in and will hold it for you if they find a copy!
(Even in real life I'm a total miser, I found all sorts of tricks to get around paying full price for books for classes, including sharing with someone who had the class at a different time once and using old versions of textbooks.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:20 pm
Queen Spazzy
delasislas

Not even on Amazon? They usually have everything...
You could try querying some local library catalogs; it seems a little weird, but I know my libraries have the weirdest stuff available sometimes, and you can usually renew it endlessly if you need it for a whole semester, especially if it's not a high demand book, and then you don't have to pay a thing for it!
(And even if they won't let you renew it endlessly, just keeping it out and paying a late fee at the end is often still cheaper than buying the book, especially if the library is like the one in my hometown and has a fee cap.)
You might also try Half Price Books if you have any near you; if you ask for a specific book and they don't have it, they'll check other locations nearby and often will have it shipped in and will hold it for you if they find a copy!
(Even in real life I'm a total miser, I found all sorts of tricks to get around paying full price for books for classes, including sharing with someone who had the class at a different time once and using old versions of textbooks.)

Didn't think about checking the library. But this thing is like log scaling.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:40 pm
delasislas

Nice! Tell us how it goes biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:36 pm
Job interview went ok, they said they should get back to me by the end of the week.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:27 pm
delasislas
Job interview went ok, they said they should get back to me by the end of the week.

Best of luck!! biggrin I hope you get the job!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:08 pm
My goal for this school year is to find another friend group that will be willing to actually do things. At this moment, I've got too many friends who just like to sit around all day and do pretty much nothing, but for many of them for extremely valid reasons which I will always respect. They're all the most amazing people, but I'm the kind of person who like to go new places, leave his comfort zone, enjoy the outdoors, and so on. So this year, I'm going to become closer to my friends who are active and who are willing to go places, and maybe find some people who are the same way, all while holding my less active friends close for the days where I just want to huddle in a ball on my bedroom floor and watch Netflix.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:59 pm
Job interview update!!!
No job.. I might go to some of the events to see how it all plays out and take a few notes, it's only a 1 yr position, maybe next year I can use what they did.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:49 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF
My goal for this school year is to find another friend group that will be willing to actually do things. At this moment, I've got too many friends who just like to sit around all day and do pretty much nothing, but for many of them for extremely valid reasons which I will always respect. They're all the most amazing people, but I'm the kind of person who like to go new places, leave his comfort zone, enjoy the outdoors, and so on. So this year, I'm going to become closer to my friends who are active and who are willing to go places, and maybe find some people who are the same way, all while holding my less active friends close for the days where I just want to huddle in a ball on my bedroom floor and watch Netflix.

That is a very mature way to view and approach everything. Good plan emotion_brofist  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:51 pm
delasislas
Job interview update!!!
No job.. I might go to some of the events to see how it all plays out and take a few notes, it's only a 1 yr position, maybe next year I can use what they did.

Thanks for telling us!! I'm sorry you didn't get it, but as you said, there's next year. Many other opportunities to be had. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:07 am
Blind Blindness
Paladin Magnus of BF

That is a very mature way to view and approach everything. Good plan emotion_brofist

Thank you very much!! biggrin emotion_hug  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:32 am
Paladin Magnus of BF
Blind Blindness
Paladin Magnus of BF

Thank you very much!! biggrin emotion_hug

You're very welcome!! biggrin emotion_hug  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games