Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:50 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF
Does anyone happen to have Anesidora's Despair that they can sell me? I'm trying to make a Doctor Strange cosplay, and that's the best cape for me to use, but nobody ever sells it on the marketplace and nobody in the exchange is selling it either.

Aww. Sadly I do not. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:26 am
Ugh, I am so desperately tired...
I would really like nothing more than to crawl back in bed and sleep for the rest of the day.
Unfortunately, I really need to keep a semi-normal sleep schedule for the next week 'cause my beau and I have a date night set with a couple of friends Saturday next. ;w;
I'm rather excited for it, though, we're all going out to a local comedy club to see a comedian that's a favorite of ours.
(Christopher Titus, in case anyone is interested.)
My beau's workplace invited us to eat out there, and it's a ******** fancy restaurant, and I kinda don't wanna go, just thinking about it makes me so nervous I feel like I might puke. ;w;
But, like, we kinda can't beat their offer, it's a pretty expensive place, and I guess they wanna meet me or something so they're offering to pay for us just to get me out there, uwahhhhh, how am I so popular with his coworkers when they don't even know me?!!

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:03 pm
Queen Spazzy
I would really like nothing more than to crawl back in bed and sleep for the rest of the day.
Unfortunately, I really need to keep a semi-normal sleep schedule for the next week 'cause my beau and I have a date night set with a couple of friends Saturday next. ;w;
I'm rather excited for it, though, we're all going out to a local comedy club to see a comedian that's a favorite of ours.
My beau's workplace invited us to eat out there, and it's a ******** fancy restaurant, and I kinda don't wanna go, just thinking about it makes me so nervous I feel like I might puke. ;w;
But, like, we kinda can't beat their offer, it's a pretty expensive place, and I guess they wanna meet me or something so they're offering to pay for us just to get me out there, uwahhhhh, how am I so popular with his coworkers when they don't even know me?!!

Do it, you'll be awesome.
My sleep schedule is all kinds of messed up, sister works at a certain store that is a mart for walls, and I take her there.
the festival went okay, ended up doing a lot of fish painting. Gyotaku, I think.
Yay for 5 am.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:29 pm
Queen Spazzy

Yes, I remember our conversation about this! I hope you have a blast (and lucky for me, your semi-normal sleep schedule is an advantage for any talking)
I'm also excited that you get to meet his coworkers. I know you're super scared, but you'll do great, and I am sure you will get a lot out of it. biggrin  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:52 am
delasislas
Do it, you'll be awesome.
My sleep schedule is all kinds of messed up, sister works at a certain store that is a mart for walls, and I take her there.
the festival went okay, ended up doing a lot of fish painting. Gyotaku, I think.
Yay for 5 am.

Ahaha, if I weren't such an absolute monster to wake up, I totally would have.
But fact of the matter is, I'm a monster to wake up, and if I screw my sleep schedule around right now but don't manage to set it back to nearly normal by Saturday, my beau would have to deal with me. >>;
I don't usually keep a normal sleep schedule, tho', I'm mostly a 'sleep through daylight, praise the darkness' sort of person.
Ohhh, a festival? That sounds fun! I don't think we really have that sort of thing around here, despite that I live in a big city now.
(Well, 'big,' it's actually on the small end of cities, certainly not as big as where the cap'n lives, but way larger than the barely-a-village from which I hail.)
Boatloads of big museums around, though, I should visit some more of them...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:03 am
Blind Blindness
Yes, I remember our conversation about this! I hope you have a blast (and lucky for me, your semi-normal sleep schedule is an advantage for any talking)
I'm also excited that you get to meet his coworkers. I know you're super scared, but you'll do great, and I am sure you will get a lot out of it. biggrin

I'm hopeful I enjoy it, too, I'm decidedly nervous because, well, people, and it's a relatively well known fact that I don't do the people thing much.
(I'm still super slow at replying to you despite getting up at an almost reasonable hour, I'm so sorry. ;w; )
Hehe, my beau has said I should really like one of them, but I'm always edgy meeting any of his coworkers.
I only officially met two people from his previous workplace, one of which was because he was a temp transfer that I wanted to give a thank you gift to for keeping my beau closer to sane, the other because she invited us out to dinner because she was desperate to meet the ever elusive artsy crafty wife to talk about shared interests, haha~
(I still have something to complete for her, actually, but I haven't been able to get around to it yet, I feel awful for it. ;w; )
But the rest of his coworkers I never met, I don't really like the workplace being brought back home and all, you know?
He says the people are all really nice, though, and he seems to like it there a lot more, so hopefully it goes well...
(Well, IF I go, I'm still on the fence, and if I think I can get out of it, I still might do just that. >>; )

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:05 pm
I've started sketching the individual parts for my Doctor Strange cosplay (irl one) for the 2017 comic con!! biggrin biggrin biggrin I'm going to need lots of materials, and I'll have to go to a few different stores to find them all, but that's ok with me! I'll also need some leather for the belt, and fake leather for the boots. But I'm going to work hard and make this thing as accurate as humanly possible because I'm not sure I'll ever get to go again. There are a few metal parts that I'll have to try and find ways to make because I don't know metalcrafting that well. I'll probably use craft foam or something, or maybe even some leftover Worbla! But I've got almost a year to figure it out! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:21 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF
I've started sketching the individual parts for my Doctor Strange cosplay (irl one) for the 2017 comic con!! biggrin biggrin biggrin I'm going to need lots of materials, and I'll have to go to a few different stores to find them all, but that's ok with me! I'll also need some leather for the belt, and fake leather for the boots. But I'm going to work hard and make this thing as accurate as humanly possible because I'm not sure I'll ever get to go again. There are a few metal parts that I'll have to try and find ways to make because I don't know metalcrafting that well. I'll probably use craft foam or something, or maybe even some leftover Worbla! But I've got almost a year to figure it out! biggrin

Ohhhh, fun!
I love cosplaying, though I don't go to such a large con; I attend Ohayocon when I can afford it, I couldn't convince myself to shell out the money for it this year, though, so I missed it. :c
(Plus I couldn't get all of my cosplay together, and I just... I didn't have the motivation to go, even had we had enough spare cash.)
I've heard craft foam and metallic paint will make a good stand-in for metal.
(Also, fair warning, a lot of bigger cons don't like real metal pieces on the floor, anyway, even the one I normally attend won't allow anything more than, like, buckles and accessories, and they're strict about what they'll allow you to carry around as props, too, so make sure you look up their costume rules beforehand!)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:30 pm
Queen Spazzy
Paladin Magnus of BF

Ohhhh, fun!
I love cosplaying, though I don't go to such a large con; I attend Ohayocon when I can afford it, I couldn't convince myself to shell out the money for it this year, though, so I missed it. :c
(Plus I couldn't get all of my cosplay together, and I just... I didn't have the motivation to go, even had we had enough spare cash.)
I've heard craft foam and metallic paint will make a good stand-in for metal.
(Also, fair warning, a lot of bigger cons don't like real metal pieces on the floor, anyway, even the one I normally attend won't allow anything more than, like, buckles and accessories, and they're strict about what they'll allow you to carry around as props, too, so make sure you look up their costume rules beforehand!)

Aww sorry to hear you didn't get to go this year... I hope you get to go next year! Motivation is hard, so I completely understand where you're coming from, and sorry that you had to deal with that as well. Hopefully if you get another chance to go, things will be easier and better for you!

I had no idea most places didn't like metal to be honest, so thanks for the heads up!! biggrin I also didn't think to look at the rules because I didn't ever have any cosplays that might violate the rules and whatnot. sweatdrop But I'll definitely look into that now to make sure whatever I do will be perfectly within limits now lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:44 am
Paladin Magnus of BF
Aww sorry to hear you didn't get to go this year... I hope you get to go next year! Motivation is hard, so I completely understand where you're coming from, and sorry that you had to deal with that as well. Hopefully if you get another chance to go, things will be easier and better for you!

I had no idea most places didn't like metal to be honest, so thanks for the heads up!! biggrin I also didn't think to look at the rules because I didn't ever have any cosplays that might violate the rules and whatnot. sweatdrop But I'll definitely look into that now to make sure whatever I do will be perfectly within limits now lol.

I hope I get to go next year, too! We live so close to it now we don't even need a hotel room, but it's always kind of a gamble as to whether my beau will have the time off for it and if I'll feel up to it.
Every con is different, but bigger ones tend to be especially strict, it's always a good idea to check their rules and regulations beforehand!
Usually the only problems I've seen anyone have is with props, and certain costumes not being allowed in the dealer room (Oh, and a few people that got kicked out of line for a main event because their props were too big. Although, I can't lie, I was glad about it, one of the people that got kicked out of line was the sort of person that shouldn't be allowed to carry a big prop, anyway, he was standing near me and kept hitting me with it, ugh.), but it'd be a right bummer to work hard on something and find out when you get there that they don't allow it, so better safe than sorry and all.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:34 am
First day of classes sucked yesterday. 1 to 8 pm.
my brother says that he can help me with GIS.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:03 pm
When I tried to change my username, I was afraid it would be too long and Gaia wouldn't let me use it. But it isn't and I'm really happy about that!!  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:26 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
When I tried to change my username, I was afraid it would be too long and Gaia wouldn't let me use it. But it isn't and I'm really happy about that!!

I've seen longer.... that's what she said....  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:38 pm
Haha, my dad is getting mad because he can't work the remote control right... he wanted me to set it up that way... it was the same exact setup on the other tv.... HOW?  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:07 pm
My friend and I run an awesome power metal blog together, and for Halloween we're setting up the queue to post a Halloween metal song every 15 minutes starting at 12 PM on Halloween day. I'm going to try and make it go to 12 AM of November 1st because why the heck not! biggrin All the more metal!!!  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games