Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:29 pm
Falathrim
Meh.

*throws lava at SYFFER's shiny*

I just broke your Shiny. You lose.
Hey you cheated stare You're supposed to go through all the trouble of stealing it from me, journeying thousands of miles on foot while facing deadly foes, and THEN destroy it.

But... What makes you think this mighty jewel can be destroyed by mere lava? Even if it was that of Mount Doom? You must discover how to destroy this. I'd call Gandalf he seems pretty good at figuring things like that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:08 pm
*calls Gandalf*

...he says that if lave from Mt. Doom didn't work, just shoot you in the head with a gun.

*shoots SYFFER in the head*

Problem solved.  

Falathrim

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:26 pm
And how, I wonder, did Gandalf, a creature that supposedly lived millions of years ago know about guns? ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:32 pm
I once asked my Master Melkor the Great what his secret was and he said: "My secret? Well, let's just say every successful Dark Lord begins his day with Cherios."

With that I leave you insignificant creatures. Soon you will all be under my command and your empires shall crumble down as a biscuit! A biscuit I tell you! domokun Prophecy: I shall return in approximately 9 hours. Enjoy your last 9 hours of peace!  

SYFFER

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:46 am
Dude, the Numenoreans had gunpowder.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:27 am
Falathrim
Dude, the Numenoreans had gunpowder.
As you see I have returned in 9 hours. The prophecy has come true! Now you shall all pay domokun

Falathrim, they had gunpowder and so did Saruman. It was used in mining and blowing up the walls of Helm's deep. There is no evidence of actual "guns" being created. (unless you can prove otherwise)  

SYFFER

Thaxul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:35 am
Zach McClure
Okay fine...

Why do you suppose Aule didn't bother making a vastly noticible difference between female and male Dwarves?

Quite possibly because he overlooked that detail when they were created. Maybe he was intruiged by the fact that they were hard workers, he didn't bother to go over details such as dwarvish features...

...then again, I suck at debating and such if it isn't politics... sweatdrop
Maybe Aule didn't make female Dwarves stand out, so that his wife wouldn't be jealous of their beauty?

Or, if his wife knew about the Dwarves, and she didn't want them to be beautiful? Which I don't think was the case, because Aule made the dwarves in secret.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:49 am
Yeah, and it's been 6000 years since. It would be a tragedy if technology in Aman became so stagnant that the Maiar didn't make the link from gunpowder to guns.

...unless you suggest that everyone over there in the Blessed Realm are idiots incapable of any scientific achievement. :/  

Falathrim

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:54 am
Falathrim
Yeah, and it's been 6000 years since. It would be a tragedy if technology in Aman became so stagnant that the Maiar didn't make the link from gunpowder to guns.

...unless you suggest that everyone over there in the Blessed Realm are idiots incapable of any scientific achievement. :/
Yes indeed but were guns invented during the third age? Since that is when Gandalf and Saruman lived in Middle Earth.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:57 am
...that was a stupid question. Why would they need to exist in the Third Age for me to use them now? This isn't the Third Age, it's the Seventh Age. rolleyes  

Falathrim

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:01 am
Falathrim
...that was a stupid question. Why would they need to exist in the Third Age for me to use them now? This isn't the Third Age, it's the Seventh Age. rolleyes
Well maybe the fact you called Gandalf which must mean you're in the third age. There's always the fact Gandalf still exists considering he is immortal if you're going by the Tolkien world... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:04 am
No s**t he's still alive, he's a Maia for Eru's sake. stare  

Falathrim

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:06 am
Falathrim
No s**t he's still alive, he's a Maia for Eru's sake. stare
Ofcourse sweatdrop I bet he's still there in Valinor getting high from pipeweed with Saruman and Manwe stare  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:10 am
Saruman? Why would Saruman be with them? You know, what with that entire I ******** Up thing that happened during the Third Age. razz  

Falathrim

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:18 am
Falathrim
Saruman? Why would Saruman be with them? You know, what with that entire I ******** Up thing that happened during the Third Age. razz
Good question. What happens to a Maia when he's killed? Does his spirit go to the halls of Mandos or does it just return to Valinor to beg for pardon?  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games