Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:30 am
Speedira Windira
It is very nice to see life in here.
Posted a crap ton of threads yesterday and none are even shown on the front page.

This is very awesome.x3

Awww thanks. I appreciate your optimism and kind compliment. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:44 am
Blind Blindness
Ah yes, Gift cards make it easier that way. The problem is, I always
All of that is interesting information. I'll keep that in mind! I definitely need to keep the Steam store in mind, too. That sounds ideal. Thank you for all the help you've given me. You're such a pro at technology. Someday you'll be able to be some type of tech consultant. rofl

The problem is...? You can't leave me hanging like that! ;w;
We're supposed to give a list of stuff we want to my beau's parents, but I have no idea, I'll likely leave it up to the beau to decide what to tell them.
(Though we're super hopeful they'll take pity on the poor scratching post they gave us last year and get another this year. My cats have played with the thing so much it's the leaning tower of cat now.)
I'm actually giving out real items to some friends this year, though! Well, 'real', one friend will probably get digital art from me, haha~ But I've got one scarf finished and another in the works for another friend, and I'm thinking about breaking out my gouache to do a physical painting for another.
(I end up insanely busy around this time of year when I decide to actually give gifts since I craft them myself, more often than not.)
I love Steam, they have really great sales, and even if you're not buying, I've found it's a good resource for information.
You're welcome~ I've got years of practice with this, I've been family techie for as long as I can remember, haha~ Funnily enough, my mom thought for a long time that's exactly what I'd end up doing if I didn't end up in something related to math and/or art. >>; (And now I somewhat defy the expectations by being a housewife that crafts stuff and sells it occasionally to acquaintances.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:30 pm
Blind Blindness
Speedira Windira
It is very nice to see life in here.
Posted a crap ton of threads yesterday and none are even shown on the front page.

This is very awesome.x3

Awww thanks. I appreciate your optimism and kind compliment. heart

TwT So nice~  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Blind Blindness
Awww, I'm sorry. Unfortunately, we do not. I've been recruiting people in hopes that a few of our new members will start new roleplays and others will join in. I could contact people (and probably will) at some point (old roleplayers who had created threads in that forum), but there are so many roleplays that it would take us a lot of time to do that. Still, it's worth a start for a few. Although I can't imagine it will be too active in too short a period of time. I apologize. I know it's frustrating, and roleplaying used to be a central tenet of our guild. Over the years, though, we lost a lot of people. emotion_kirakira

No worries, you're not at fault for the crash in roleplaying, nobody really is exactly, except maybe for the new Gaia owners (seriously, this site needs to advertise WAY better). I've just been accepted into college myself, and to my surprise, I may (at points) have more time to roleplay than I originally thought (granted, some of my time will be spent gaming and seeing family and friends in my hometown, but I can try and make time every couple days). It'll take a lot to really get roleplaying going, among those things I think it will include:

Bringing in skilled roleplayers and roleplay writers to start and participate in roleplays.

Creating large numbers of roleplays all going on at once (used to be we'd have between 20 and 100 going on at once in the other guild I'm in), to create tons of diversity to appeal to all kinds of roleplayers.

And last but probably most important, I think we need to start recruiting offsite. I think Gaia's biggest problem is a lack of fresh blood, more specifically fresh blood that is actually interested in roleplaying. I got into roleplaying between 13 and 15 years old, thereabouts, and I know there are a lot of people in that age range who're also into it, but they're not on Gaia. I say this with as little intention for cliche as possible, but they are the future of roleplaying, and they aren't getting a real education in it. This site has always provided that though, and I think it's falling to some of the guilds still breathing here to try and pick up that torch again.

I have to say, for me, this is also a rather exciting time creatively speaking as well. I've just seen the newest trailer for the video game Death Stranding, and I have to say, I don't think I've seen a game trailer that has done so well at creating an atmosphere, sense of dread and gloom, and a world all its own in a while. This one has created something so uncomfortably foreboding, that I can't help but be drawn in. If I learn more about the story and lore soon, I have full intentions of trying to write lore-friendly roleplays related to it. I've tried to do my best to capture fear in a story I'm currently writing, but the way the trailers for this game have been designed have so perfectly captured a sense of despair. I'm in envy to say the absolute least, but I hope I can learn from it and apply some of its style to my own written work, including roleplays.

I'm being incredibly optimistic in how I think we can bring back roleplaying, I know, but I also know the interest is still there for the upcoming generation of people who are looking for outlets to do it. They're unskilled for sure, but I don't think any of us were any different when we first started, I speak from personal experience. lol Every roleplayer, if they are open to constructive criticism, can be refined into someone truly skilled.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:01 pm
Lord Sithious
Blind Blindness
Awww, I'm sorry. Unfortunately, we do not. I've been recruiting people in hopes that a few of our new members will start new roleplays and others will join in. I could contact people (and probably will) at some point (old roleplayers who had created threads in that forum), but there are so many roleplays that it would take us a lot of time to do that. Still, it's worth a start for a few. Although I can't imagine it will be too active in too short a period of time. I apologize. I know it's frustrating, and roleplaying used to be a central tenet of our guild. Over the years, though, we lost a lot of people. emotion_kirakira

No worries, you're not at fault for the crash in roleplaying, nobody really is exactly, except maybe for the new Gaia owners (seriously, this site needs to advertise WAY better). I've just been accepted into college myself, and to my surprise, I may (at points) have more time to roleplay than I originally thought (granted, some of my time will be spent gaming and seeing family and friends in my hometown, but I can try and make time every couple days). It'll take a lot to really get roleplaying going, among those things I think it will include:

Bringing in skilled roleplayers and roleplay writers to start and participate in roleplays.

Creating large numbers of roleplays all going on at once (used to be we'd have between 20 and 100 going on at once in the other guild I'm in), to create tons of diversity to appeal to all kinds of roleplayers.

And last but probably most important, I think we need to start recruiting offsite. I think Gaia's biggest problem is a lack of fresh blood, more specifically fresh blood that is actually interested in roleplaying. I got into roleplaying between 13 and 15 years old, thereabouts, and I know there are a lot of people in that age range who're also into it, but they're not on Gaia. I say this with as little intention for cliche as possible, but they are the future of roleplaying, and they aren't getting a real education in it. This site has always provided that though, and I think it's falling to some of the guilds still breathing here to try and pick up that torch again.

I have to say, for me, this is also a rather exciting time creatively speaking as well. I've just seen the newest trailer for the video game Death Stranding, and I have to say, I don't think I've seen a game trailer that has done so well at creating an atmosphere, sense of dread and gloom, and a world all its own in a while. This one has created something so uncomfortably foreboding, that I can't help but be drawn in. If I learn more about the story and lore soon, I have full intentions of trying to write lore-friendly roleplays related to it. I've tried to do my best to capture fear in a story I'm currently writing, but the way the trailers for this game have been designed have so perfectly captured a sense of despair. I'm in envy to say the absolute least, but I hope I can learn from it and apply some of its style to my own written work, including roleplays.

I'm being incredibly optimistic in how I think we can bring back roleplaying, I know, but I also know the interest is still there for the upcoming generation of people who are looking for outlets to do it. They're unskilled for sure, but I don't think any of us were any different when we first started, I speak from personal experience. lol Every roleplayer, if they are open to constructive criticism, can be refined into someone truly skilled.

Thank you. I appreciate that. And congratulations on being accepted to college! Yes, you are so right that Gaia is a lot less active than it was years ago, and we definitely need to do more recruiting. All those suggestions are correct: Many active players, many roleplays, and it serves as a catalyst domino effect.

It's great to be optimistic! I'm sure we can get a few back in here, and whoever wants to create a new roleplay is more than welcome. I've been feeling fatigued and all, which is part of the reason I haven't started already trying to jumpstart anything. But whoever wants to help out in whatever way they can is always so tremendously appreciated. Thank you for your input. I don't mind unskilled players. As you said, constructive criticism helps all of us become better at roleplaying. I would just love to see new activity in the forum.

I saw the trailer, and it definitely looks captivating. It's a game I would buy if I had the ps4, and from the very little I read, sounds like a rather intelligent and strategic game. I hope that whatever you draw from it as inspiration for your work, that it remains beautiful for you.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:25 pm
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness
Ah yes, Gift cards make it easier that way. The problem is, I always
All of that is interesting information. I'll keep that in mind! I definitely need to keep the Steam store in mind, too. That sounds ideal. Thank you for all the help you've given me. You're such a pro at technology. Someday you'll be able to be some type of tech consultant. rofl

The problem is...? You can't leave me hanging like that! ;w;
We're supposed to give a list of stuff we want to my beau's parents, but I have no idea, I'll likely leave it up to the beau to decide what to tell them.
(Though we're super hopeful they'll take pity on the poor scratching post they gave us last year and get another this year. My cats have played with the thing so much it's the leaning tower of cat now.)
I'm actually giving out real items to some friends this year, though! Well, 'real', one friend will probably get digital art from me, haha~ But I've got one scarf finished and another in the works for another friend, and I'm thinking about breaking out my gouache to do a physical painting for another.
(I end up insanely busy around this time of year when I decide to actually give gifts since I craft them myself, more often than not.)
I love Steam, they have really great sales, and even if you're not buying, I've found it's a good resource for information.
You're welcome~ I've got years of practice with this, I've been family techie for as long as I can remember, haha~ Funnily enough, my mom thought for a long time that's exactly what I'd end up doing if I didn't end up in something related to math and/or art. >>; (And now I somewhat defy the expectations by being a housewife that crafts stuff and sells it occasionally to acquaintances.)

Oh, I did leave you hanging! xD I always forget to use all of the gift cards. (What a problem!) Disorganization..

You're such an artist. Of course you do~

That's funny. Now being a housewife is non-traditional. Hip, hip, hooray for the untraditional! As long as you're happy...  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:13 pm
Blind Blindness
Oh, I did leave you hanging! xD I always forget to use all of the gift cards. (What a problem!) Disorganization..

That's funny. Now being a housewife is non-traditional. Hip, hip, hooray for the untraditional! As long as you're happy...

We don't usually get very many, so it's not really much of a problem for us. The only time it's a problem is when it's for a place we rarely visit (there's a theater gift card floating around amongst my stuff somewhere that never saw a cent of use).
Wal-Mart gift cards tend to be my biggest hassle, to be honest, my beau's extended family shops there more than other places, so it's understandable that that just happens to be where the gift card is for, but it's inconvenient for us because, well, for one, we literally never shop there, and for two, we have to go rather out of our way to go to one that's nice (our closest one is... sleazy, is probably the nicest way to say it).
I put things off too long to do anything for my cousins like I wanted, I feel rather bad about that, actually, but I suppose that means I have plans for their birthdays, at least.
Yeah, being a nine-to-fiver is the traditional thing anymore, it seems.
I am happy, though, and my beau is happy at his job, now, so I think everything is rather swell at this point. c:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:35 pm
I was home sick today, so naturally, I got myself into ANOTHER series! When will the madness end??  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:23 pm
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness

We don't usually get very many, so it's not really much of a problem for us. The only time it's a problem is when it's for a place we rarely visit (there's a theater gift card floating around amongst my stuff somewhere that never saw a cent of use).
Wal-Mart gift cards tend to be my biggest hassle, to be honest, my beau's extended family shops there more than other places, so it's understandable that that just happens to be where the gift card is for, but it's inconvenient for us because, well, for one, we literally never shop there, and for two, we have to go rather out of our way to go to one that's nice (our closest one is... sleazy, is probably the nicest way to say it).
I put things off too long to do anything for my cousins like I wanted, I feel rather bad about that, actually, but I suppose that means I have plans for their birthdays, at least.
Yeah, being a nine-to-fiver is the traditional thing anymore, it seems.
I am happy, though, and my beau is happy at his job, now, so I think everything is rather swell at this point. c:

That makes sense. I go to the theater often enough, but some people don't. Also, if Walmart is far, you probably wouldn't be shopping there xD

Yay for birthday plans! It's okay...we're all putting things off these days

Sad we're such a workhorse society sometimes, but for people who love to work, more power to them. As long as you're happy (which you said you are!), then yay, we can find other ways to keep busy. (Though my job next semester will inevitably keep me busy, I'm sure.) I feel busy today and I didn't do too much lol. I'm not a high energy person, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:16 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
I was home sick today, so naturally, I got myself into ANOTHER series! When will the madness end??

It never ends!
At least, not for people with serious fandom inclinations like myself. >>;
(Just like my ideas for cosplays to do with my beau are literally endless.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:26 pm
Blind Blindness
That makes sense. I go to the theater often enough, but some people don't. Also, if Walmart is far, you probably wouldn't be shopping there xD

Yay for birthday plans! It's okay...we're all putting things off these days

Sad we're such a workhorse society sometimes, but for people who love to work, more power to them. As long as you're happy (which you said you are!), then yay, we can find other ways to keep busy. (Though my job next semester will inevitably keep me busy, I'm sure.) I feel busy today and I didn't do too much lol. I'm not a high energy person, though.

Theater-going just... isn't my thing.
Many movies give me migraines (as do many games, my best guess is it has something to do with certain colors and flashing sequences), and I hate spending the money to go to something that will end up making me feel miserable (even if it IS enjoyable), and I have to devote SO much energy to it that it'll wipe me out for days (perks of social anxiety), so I only go maybe twice a year.
(My beau goes more often than me, actually; scouting movies to potentially buy so we can watch them at our leisure in our own home, haha~ Speaking of, I never got around to watching Deadpool, whoops... >>; )
One of the biggest things that made me push it off is that what I really want to make for my uncle's youngest, I have to pattern out myself, and amigurumi patterning can be... intense, and very repetitive (by which I mean, I'll sometimes have to redo ten rounds a dozen times before I get the shape and size I want, by the end of which I'm so frustrated I wish I could set things on fire). I've got some months before his birthday comes around, so hopefully I'll get to it. >>;

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:44 pm
Blind Blindness

It's great to be optimistic! I'm sure we can get a few back in here, and whoever wants to create a new roleplay is more than welcome.

Ok, I took a stab at it. Its a real world, semi post apocalyptic roleplay, so we just need to focus on our characters, and not on a bunch of magic and stuff. I don't want to start trying to create magical world and heavily involved plotlines when I don't even know if there's any interest. If this one takes off, I'll consider making a more involved roleplay. This is just a trial run for me, to gauge the interest in roleplaying within the guild.  

High_Assassin

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:56 pm
High_Assassin
Blind Blindness

It's great to be optimistic! I'm sure we can get a few back in here, and whoever wants to create a new roleplay is more than welcome.

Ok, I took a stab at it. Its a real world, semi post apocalyptic roleplay, so we just need to focus on our characters, and not on a bunch of magic and stuff. I don't want to start trying to create magical world and heavily involved plotlines when I don't even know if there's any interest. If this one takes off, I'll consider making a more involved roleplay. This is just a trial run for me, to gauge the interest in roleplaying within the guild.

Amazing! Thanks for creating one. I like it already. I will send out a guild announcement to advertise so that we can get profiles in there and people roleplaying.

Also...are you who I think you might be? surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:35 pm
Blind Blindness
High_Assassin
Blind Blindness

Amazing! Thanks for creating one. I like it already. I will send out a guild announcement to advertise so that we can get profiles in there and people roleplaying.

Kelina's other account, yes. I've decided to make a few changes to the rp, making it set in just one city, since nobody would interact if we were scattered all over the world. I'm also not sure about it being Los Angeles. I'm thinking maybe Chicago or New York, someplace where the rp could spread out some, via rivers and such. 3nodding  

High_Assassin

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:40 pm
High_Assassin
Blind Blindness
High_Assassin
Blind Blindness

Kelina's other account, yes. I've decided to make a few changes to the rp, making it set in just one city, since nobody would interact if we were scattered all over the world. I'm also not sure about it being Los Angeles. I'm thinking maybe Chicago or New York, someplace where the rp could spread out some, via rivers and such. 3nodding

Lol wherever you think is best. Those are all good cities. I also live in Miami, but there's not many rivers here. Ohhhh...yess!! I'm crazy. Of course I remember you are Kelina's other account. I mean, I've known for weeks. My friend had a username of Assassin, so my memory tricks me into thinking it's him.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games