Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:47 pm
Queen Spazzy
Just to go ahead and let everyone know, I'll likely be missing for some days starting around Christmas eve.
I know, I was just missing for two days because I was sick, I'm so sorry, but juggling Christmas with four different fractions of family, plus juggling trying to spend actual time with my mum for the holidays and my birthday and then managing to get back to the city is a smidge complicated.
'specially since I can't drive. And since I'm super exhausted from being sick. Holidays are stressful.
Anyway, I should be back... Wednesday-ish. Probably.
Gaia is complicated via mobile, but I'll do my best to at least check in; hope you're all having a grand winter~

We understand. Or I do at least. You know where to find me if you need me and vice versa haha~  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:48 pm
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness
Indeed, the perks of social anxiety. Also, whatever avoids migraines, especially if you can see the movie on your own television at home is fine with me.

Don't worry, I haven't watch Deadpool either...or any new movies recently (and by recently, I mean 1+ month, but a lot of movies come out in a month). Basically I've been in my room the vast majority of the time (except yesterday in which I went to my friend's daughter's 1st birthday) to tend to my cat, as you know about.

Yeah, you're artistic. I don't think I could do that, (I would get too fixated on one or two parts and do it wrong), though it would be interesting to watch if I was with you. I certainly wish you luck and fortunate time on that. It sounds stressful, but I'm sure you can do it. 3nodding

Unfortunately, even watching things at home won't prevent them (Ant-Man and Pacific Rim both gave me really awful migraines when I watched them with family), but at least then I get to be miserable where I would rather be miserable, haha~
We OWN Deadpool is the worst part. My beau bought it ages ago so we could watch it together, we just... haven't.
I bet you could manage a scarf or hat easy enough! With experience you get to the point where you can work up simpler items such as scarves like they're nothing, though I usually prefer to make up the patterns as I go for them instead of following a pattern because I get really irritated when things don't look like the pattern says they should. >>;
(And if I just make it up as I go, the results will only be exactly what I'm looking at, not what someone else says it should be. ;p )
Watching me craft is hardly as entertaining as, say, a spectator sport. I'd say it's super boring, but I've caught my beau watching me often enough that it has to have some sort of entertainment factor to it, haha~

Yes, that makes sense to do your own pattern.

Thank you for your vote of confidence. 3nodding  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:42 am
Hmmmm so I have an anonymous gift-giver, and I'm going to guess that it's either:

Queen Spazzy

or

delasislas

Regardless, THANK YOU SO MUCH OH MY GOD I LOVE ALL THE ITEMS!!!!! THESE ARE GREAT AND I CAN FINALLY MAKE MORE BLACK/BLUE AND BLACK/GREEN AVIS!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin *gives my anon giver a giant hug*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:05 pm
SECRET SANTA PUZZLE OVER! I HAVE BEEN FOUND!!

It was fun watching you guys all try to solve for the answer!! biggrin Happy holidays, and I hope you all get to have lots of food, spend time with family, and get plenty of awesome gifts!!!  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:16 pm
I got Overwatch for Christmas, but I need to either buy an expensive external graphics card, or buy a whole new computer with a better card than this one, and I don't have that money. I haven't even been able to get a job... It's job season, so I'll try again, but really, I just want to play a simple video game but this 4-year-old computer is not fit for today's technology. 2 jobs never called me back, and all good things seem to happen on the 3rd try for me, so I just hope that happens with my next interview.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:45 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
I got Overwatch for Christmas, but I need to either buy an expensive external graphics card, or buy a whole new computer with a better card than this one, and I don't have that money. I haven't even been able to get a job... It's job season, so I'll try again, but really, I just want to play a simple video game but this 4-year-old computer is not fit for today's technology. 2 jobs never called me back, and all good things seem to happen on the 3rd try for me, so I just hope that happens with my next interview.

Update: My dad agreed to take me out looking for new computers when we get back from my aunt's!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin I'm going to get to play Overwatch!!!!  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:35 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Update: My dad agreed to take me out looking for new computers when we get back from my aunt's!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin I'm going to get to play Overwatch!!!!

Oh, nice!
I recommend building your own if you ever get the chance.
My beau and I built our own, we have far better tech in it than most consumer builds, and for far less than a comparable consumer build would cost.
(And considering the GPU I just put in, about the only comparable build would be an Asus RoG build, and those are crazy expensive.)
Plus, when it's your own build, you just upgrade idividual parts as you need instead of having to buy the whole shebang.
And good luck on the job hunt!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:49 pm
Queen Spazzy
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Oh, nice!
My beau and I built our own, we have far better tech in it than most consumer builds, and for far less than a comparable consumer build would cost.
(And considering the GPU I just put in, about the only comparable build would be an Asus RoG build, and those are crazy expensive.)
Plus, when it's your own build, you just upgrade idividual parts as you need instead of having to buy the whole shebang.

I've definitely considered building my own computer to be honest! I was looking into it today, but I'm not sure I'd have the time or money since all the individual parts, depending on what I'd prefer, are pretty expensive... I'm still saving for Comic Con, so I'd rather know I've got all that money set aside before investing in all the parts necessary for a custom PC.

Also thanks!! biggrin I've got a few places in mind that I'll apply for since they hire starting in just a few days!  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:57 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Queen Spazzy
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Oh, nice!

I've definitely considered building my own computer to be honest! I was looking into it today, but I'm not sure I'd have the time or money since all the individual parts, depending on what I'd prefer, are pretty expensive... I'm still saving for Comic Con, so I'd rather know I've got all that money set aside before investing in all the parts necessary for a custom PC.

Also thanks!! biggrin I've got a few places in mind that I'll apply for since they hire starting in just a few days!

You have an energetic, agreeable and jubilant personality that I am sure employe(e)(r)s and customers would like. Good luck on your job hunt!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:09 am
I'M SORRY FOR BEING LATE BUT OH MY GOD THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR GIFTS!!!!! I LOVE THEM HOLY CRAP I AM SO THANKFUL I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!! heart blaugh 3nodding xd Seriously, you guys are the absolute best!! You've made this Christmas awesome for me, and I really appreciate that!!  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:24 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Yeah, it's something you just kinda save towards, to be honest, but once you've got EVERYTHING, you never really have to drop so much at once ever again because you'll just be replacing a piece of hardware or two at a time as you go.
Black Friday/cyber Monday offer the best prices out of any time of the year, though, for future reference.
We usually shop at a physical store known as Microcenter, but since the only locations I know of are in Columbus, I'd probably have to say Newegg is the best for the online shopper, it's where we bought all the pieces for our original build (though the only thing left from it now is the case and power supply, everything else, including the motherboard, has been upgraded at least once now ^^; ), though I've heard tell that more DOA (dead on arrival, hardware that won't work straight from the box) pieces have been getting shipped lately, but I can't really say if that should be pegged on Newegg or the package handlers (we more figure for us it was handling that killed the dead processor we received some time ago).
Anyway, we didn't invest in our build until we went to uni, and the biggest reason for it at that point was because we were both in computer heavy majors at the time, but I really love having our own build now because it's so much easier to just replace a single malfunctioning piece of hardware than to replace a whole system (not that we have many malfunctions, I think the only thing we've ever managed to have legitimately break was a HDD, which was frustrating, but an easy fix). Plus I just think it's really fun to put everything together, haha~
But I definitely understand, having everything for that would totally come first for me, too. I haven't been to a con in quite some time now (and won't get to go this year, either) because my beau simply doesn't have the time.
He works close to the convention center, though, so maybe he'll get to tell me about cosplayers that stop by his restaurant during con weekend!
Ohh, nice, I really hope those places work out!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:57 pm
Welp, This is embarassing....
Thanks for all the gifts everyone!

(Was cleaning out inventory from holiday events, evidently passed over the pm's too...)  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:34 pm
A band actually tried to play The Death Waltz  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:24 pm
This proves it, I get sick when I don't do much.
Been sick for the last 4 days, after a day at school I don't feel horrible.
Any ideas for a research proposal that is for a technical writing course?
Also, If you could get a trail map, could you think of anything other that trail names, material, and hazards to include? Adding stuff to my GIS project for further use.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:39 pm
delasislas
This proves it, I get sick when I don't do much.
Been sick for the last 4 days, after a day at school I don't feel horrible.
Any ideas for a research proposal that is for a technical writing course?
Also, If you could get a trail map, could you think of anything other that trail names, material, and hazards to include? Adding stuff to my GIS project for further use.

I don't know if hazards or material includes elevation, but maybe that. Special natural features. Rest stops. And animals/species. Types of trees/flowers/forestry. Population (probably not many people along the trail, but maybe some), weather (okay probably not much variation, but maybe if the altitude varies a lot/mountains, and tips for travel (not necessarily just for hazards, but maybe other things as well)

Where the Blair Witch is.

Oh wait xD  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games