Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Salty Sinsation

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:32 pm
User Image

Cyclone.

Nice to meet everyone.

;D

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:06 pm
Hm, well hello. You can just call me Straw (or Marie, whichever you prefer). I am 26 living in the United States, Alabama to be more precise. I've had more than a new craft interests over the years, but here's a list, as best I can offer sweatdrop :
Stoneware pottery, polymer clay work(Sculpey, usually I make pendants for my kumihimo necklaces), kumihimo braiding (marudai, currently), macrame, jewelry craft, quilting, gourd craft, and I made a plushie bear once, though the poor lil' fella was absolutely horrible. xd One day I want to get good at making plushies and donate them to the local children's hospital. Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated! <3

As far as weaknesses, I think I'm weak in several of my crafts, since I'm certainly not as good as I could be. I'm eager to learn more, and that's one reason I'm here! But, I need quite a bit of work on making plushies (I'm just no good at sewing curves with a machine...), and I'd like to learn crochet and perhaps knitting. I've tried crochet in the past, and I wasn't too good at it, but it's been awhile since I've picked it up. I just recently started jewelry making, particularly with wire.
Maybe I'll post some of my works eventually, though I'm not sure how to use photobucket, but I guess I'll have to learn that too.  

Strawbryrain

Darkling_Oni

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:15 pm
Hi. I'm going to state the obvious in the following two lines:
-I'm new here
-I like art, including using clay

and so, I suppose I should say more about myself.
I like dragons and animals expecially, mostly cats, asleep. I don't use colored clay, and ... i like sewing and knitting too, but not as much.

anything else you want to know about me? PM me please, i'm always welcome to meeting new people.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:25 pm
Hi biggrin ! I'm 18 and from Trinidad and Tobago (in the Caribbean). I had started crafts about two years ago. Before, I used to do only 2-dimensional but on the course I am currently studying in school, we have to do Design and applied arts (ceramics and textiles). I like textiles the most (silk painting, batik). I have done some ceramics. I like to make functional art pieces like lamps and clocks that look like works of art but are also functional. I am interested in industrial design and hope one day that I could study it in university.  

ahsayn

Khy Lynn

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:50 pm
Hi All, I'm Khy Lynn and I'm from Malaysia but currently in Australia for my tertiary education, graduating soon!Yay~

I'm not an art student but I love handmade stuff. I did some papercrafts but that was long ago. I practically forgot most of it. *sweat* When I have free time, I'll just take pictures but then it depends on my mood too.^^; I'm not good at it but I'm slowly learning. Oh and I love to learn so I'm glad that I've got accepted into this guild. ^^

Nice meeting ya'll. ;] heart

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:37 am
Hello, guildies! Hello Chisa, and thank you for letting me join! ^^ I looked at your little clay critters. So cute and tiny!

I'm Elders and i'm about 225 years old (i don't really keep count anymore). I've been drawing for as long as i can remember and i've sculpted for almost just as long, but it's something i sort of floof on and off of. I saw something on DeviantArt a couple weeks ago that spurred a floofing-on, and then i just happened upon this guild randomly while surfing Gaia last night. ^^

Nice meeting all of you! I hope to learn a lot and also share my ideas!

@.@; But right now, i really feel like i wanna go make something.. Before i blow a fuse..

Elders

loyalist42

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:33 am
Hey all,

I'm Mike. I'm 19, just got done with my freshman year of college. I build (and paint) plastic, metal and resin models. Joined the guild because I've just started learning to sculpt parts of the models out of a two-part epoxy resin...and to be honest, I'll use all the help I can get. I'll doubtless be posting some of my work soon...see y'all around!  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:21 pm
Hi! I'm Hope, an artsy little 16 year old from Montreal. I've been drawing and painting pretty much since I could hold a crayon, and I plan on continuing a mainly illustration related path, but I just recently bought a box of Sculpey and thus began my adventures in 3D media. I'm pretty sucky at it, but it's definitely something I (so far) enjoy and want to get better at and learn more about. By chance I saw the guild being featured and now here I am. Hopefully I'll pick something up from you guys, and maybe my playdough bunnies will stop looking like closet monsters. :3  

Eifle

Elizabeth_Elf

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:32 pm
I'm a fifteen-year-old from Chicago, and I have a real name, but I despise it and want it to die. Call me Liz.

I've been crafting all my life, and I work in a variety of medias, including wire, fabric, batik, wood, leather, metal, silver, PMC, paper, glass, and, especially, clay: Sculpey and ceramics. I like miniatures and making jewelry and plushies, usually of animals or anime creatures.

Someday I want to work for Weta, the workshop that did the costuming for 'The Lord of the Rings.'

Pictures are forthcoming, as soon as I figure out how to use the camera!
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:13 pm
My name is Ashley, i'm 16 and from the U.S.A. I've always loved to draw and create things since I was little. I love every type of media. My passion is drawing. My grandmother introduced me to beads and fabric about 10 years ago and i've been hooked every since. I've been seriously sewing for about 4 years now. My strenght in my hobbies are that i take lots of time to finish a project. I learned early on never to rush a project. My weakness is that I do not have much time for my projects, so I have many unfinished projects.

A few things i've made this year include::

~Japanese style shirts>> Light blue with dark blue trim. Black velvet and Red silk

~Several hats::
Joker Style hat.Fleece beanie with Kitty ears  

black_n_red

Die Fledermaus

6,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:42 pm
Hello My user is Die_Fledermaus (First word pronounced like letter D) It's German. Means the Bat. My actual name is Isabella.
I am a 17 year old American in Las Vegas. You all can call me Die (remember, pronounced D) or Izzy.
I am a jewelry artist and designer as well as a poly clay artist. I want to learn how to get better at poly clay sculpture. I use it for beads mostly.
I started jewelry last summer at Interlochen Arts Camp at the craft Cabana where I helped out part time in exchange for crafting time. I also know how to knit, and I can do basic stitches, I was at Interlochen as a vocal performance major. I intend to be an opera singer.

My specialties are inventive stringing techniques, wire work, beading, whimsical design, and pendant making . My weaknesses are sculpture and advanced wire techniques... also chain maille and netting. Blah.

I will provide links to my work when I have good pictures. My camera is, of right now, broken.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:15 pm
Name's Keiko! I'm 15 years old, and I live in the U.S.A. As a child, I loved arts and crafts. In fact, long ago I made wacky stuff made with nothing but paper. XD As I got older, I found out about Papercraft and what it is. Being fascinated about what they are, I decided to print out some paterns for them; namely Chao.

Though about four years ago, I gave up and blew it off. But now, I finished it! My printer didn't print out the blue so it ended up to be a White-Yellow Chao. It's a two-tone if you consider it that XD When I hit high school, I was able to do Ceramics (yes, I get GRADED to do ceramics!)

I'm pretty good with my hands, so I should be able to do papercrafts quite easily. Though I have dexterous hands, my patience is not so dexterous. Like for example, if the glue on my papercrafts don't stick, I get angry and just leave it alone for a couple of minutes. Then I resume back to where I left off.

To tell you the truth, I don't have links to any sort of gallery. I'm thinking of putting my dA account to use and post my papercrafts there. Though I do have a Photobucket (following it will lead to my Papercraft/Origami Album) Account and may post them there.

(GOOD GRAVY THAT'S LONG!)  

Keiko Kawazaki

Shameless Cat

16,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

3d4h

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:08 pm
Hello~! My name is Edyta and I'm originally from Poland but I live in the U.S. from 1,5 year. I'm 18 and do many kinds of art (drawing, painting, sculpture , digital art, graphic design etc.). The funny thing is that that i don't remember when i started drawing... I was just always doing it xD.

If you would like to see some of my stuff than go there --> deviantart domokun  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:12 pm

I don't remember if I made an intro post or not.
I've joined this awesome guild and have been a member for a month, and I haven't written anything!
D:

I've had a lot of fun on Gaia back in 05-06, and I've forgotten why I love this site so much.

FROM NOW ON, I AM RESOLVED TO HAVE FUN ON GAIAONLINE.

I don't think anyone will really read this anyway xD;

Vivaldy

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:47 am
Vivaldy

I don't think anyone will really read this anyway xD;
I read it! I read all the posts in here xd

Welcome everyone!  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items