Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
does it make you a noob if... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:16 pm
(sorry for doubel post, typing on the PS3)
Anyway, to answer that, Canas... I haven't heard any of the bulk of the dialogue, so that pretty much eliminates me from Noobdom. Now, I don't know how it was written, maybe it wasn't too bad. But from the odd 1 sentence clips that I have heard from characters like Wesker, Excella(rate your breath), and that guy with a Salazar wannabe voice... What was his name? Diego or something? Anyway, what I heard from them, the way the dialogue is delivered is pretty ******** terrible. Like, it's terrible even by horribly cliche' JRPG standards. So yes, it makes you a noob in the context. Let me remind you, that RE5 is supposed to be... SUPPOSED TO BE taken more seriously than games like Kingdom Hearts. But how can it be?

Does it make you a noob if you think that the ideas of Las Plagas, and mind controlling crystals, are believable?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:05 pm
Yes it makes you a noob.

Does it make you a noob if you think RE5 was made for RE noobs?  

Alkaizer87

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:42 pm
Not necessarily. It was made for both n00bs and veterans of the series' storyline.

*Ahem*

Correct me if I'm wrong, because it's been a while since I played RE4, but I'm pretty sure the El Gigantes were manufactured in some way. And I've heard this whole thing before, Bio. And I agree with you. For the most part. Yes, RE4 broke the rules of the established artificial universe, but that doesn't mean it's in the fantasy genre. Fantasy is a genre that uses magic and other supernatural forms as a primary element of plot, theme, etc. Las Plagas aren't magical or supernatural. Fantasy doesn't pertain to them; it pertains to things like moving statues. But more importantly, it doesn't pertain to Jill's mind-control device, as it is explained scientifically.

Alkaizer, play RE5 before you make statements like that. Or watch the cutscenes on Youtube or something. Or just... know your s**t before you speak on it. Wesker does use a secondary electronic device to control her. What, do you think he needs an actual video game controller or something to control her every individual move in order for it to fit into the realm of science fiction? He just brainwashed her, dude. He programmed her to do certain tasks. And finally, the whole Jill thing is explained better in the actual file contained on the RE5 disk. What I posted was just an excerpt from the RE wiki on it. I couldn't find the actual file in its entirety on the net, and didn't feel like typing it out word-for-word.

My suggestion is... you guys actually play RE5. That way, the things you say might actually have some merit. But as it stands, you're speaking on something in which you know nothing of the details and nuances. And I don't feel like sitting here and explaining it all to you. It wouldn't even matter if I did anyway. I could give you a scientific explanation of every little facet of the mind control crystal thing, and you'd still say it's fantasy. Well, the mind control crystal is no less believable to me than the T-Virus or G-Virus, or anything else that has ever happened in RE's plot. And on a final note before I pose my question, I have never taken RE's plot seriously. It's always been silly and cheesy. Fun silly and cheesy, but silly and cheesy nonetheless. And if you ever took RE's plot seriously, then you're a n00b.

Does it make you a n00b if you only read/heard some things about RE3, or watched some cutscenes, and then said that the Nemesis didn't make any sense; that he wasn't explained, and that he was, in fact, fantasy?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:17 pm
Well, if it's not fantasy, then it's soft, soft, soft, fluffy pillow, teddy bear soft science fiction. Where, soft science fiction is something that's less believable, like The Matrix, X-Men etc... And Hard science fiction are shows like ReGenesis (like you know what I'm talking about), or... Well, pretty much any show where you have to do your research to actually disprove its possibility. And hey, if you're that much of a skeptic, that's too bad. Because Viruses CAN be synthesized, there ARE big corporations out there, that COULD be working on stuff like this. That's what made Resident Evil scary. But El Gigante, mind control devices, gigantic parasites, it's laughable.

To answer your question, yes, it makes you a noob, because you haven't played RE3 and haven't done nearly enough research on it. And if you're a person like that, I'm betting your favorite RE is 4.

Does it make you a noob if you think Las Plagas are a virus, and don't know the difference between a virus and a parasite?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:38 pm
Oh hell yes. no one can argue on that one. Ok enough with the RE5 and fastasy s**t. It's getting into one ofthose personal vendetta sitauations.

Does it make oyu a noob if you think brad vickers could've survived the face rape from Nemesis?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:54 pm
Probably, because that probably means you don't know Brad. Now, Billy, being a prisoner and all, could've survived a face rape easily. He probably has in the past. Although he probably just kicked the asses of his assrape nazi cellmates, then said, "They slipped."

Does it make you a noob if you think that RE1/Remake has a 100% canon ending?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:47 pm
Yes. There's no way to get Barry, Rebecca, Chris, and Jill out together. They all did, as explained in later games, but you can't actually do it in the game.

Does it make you a noob if you wonder how Alexia's cells could grow and develop over 15 years when they were frozen in a cryochamber-esque tube?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:44 pm
I wanted to say no, but the game's been out for a while, and if all you've done this whole time is sit on your a** and wonder, as opposed to coming up with a theory, then yes, you're a noob.

Does it make you a noob if you think that Veronica is an actual character in the game?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:51 pm
Well yeah. That means you haven't played it. razz

On the note of CVX, does it make you a noob if you're willing to bend over and bite the bullet, paying $30+ for the GC CVX? (I've been looking for it forever to complete my GC collection, even though I got it for the PS2 for $10 at Gamestop...)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:56 pm
Well not really in my opinion if you're just collecting the series. It's like paying money for the Metroid Prime series for the Wii even though you already have if for the GC... razz

Does it make you a noob if you confuse Claire with Zoey from Left 4 Dead? XD  

UmbraGallus

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:14 pm
Yes. Left 4 Dead is an action game through and through. And it's a damn good one. Claire's staying in her horror territory (for the most part... *glares at Degeneration*), thankfully.

Does it make you a noob if you wish they had RE skins for Left 4 Dead? razz Or at least RE outfits?

Edit: Yay! 400th post!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:56 pm
No, because it's still horror and has nothing to do with RE. Plus I wouldn't mind on top of having RE skins for Garry's Mod.. Imagine all the characters with freakish grins! xd

Does it make you a noob if you wonder what Nemesis favorite game was?  

MadamTarantula

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:58 pm
*Has the entire Gamecube RE collection, including CVX* xd 3nodding

I wouldn't say so, no. I'd totally rock that s**t.

EDIT: It appears I was beaten to the punch. Umm... yes? Nemesis' favorite game was RE3, right?

Does it make you a n00b if you think Krauser is the most Resident Evil-esque thing about RE4?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:21 pm
Yes, because Krauser does bigger backflips than Leon, has bigger muscles than Chris in RE5, and has a Plaga arm which he can transform at will, and still remain his human form and mentality. Nothing Resident Evil about that.
The most Resident Evil thing about RE4 would be the typewriters, I'd say. Aside from that, probably Mike in his helicopter. Helicopters (especially ones that explode) have always been a part of RE.

Does it make you a noob if you dressed up like an RE character to go buy RE5?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:27 pm
Since you're the one asking the question, yes, especially if you attended the launch event and expected to find any real fans in line and also financially supporting Capcom by buying the game in the first place.

Does it make you a noob if you dress up like an RE character to work?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games