Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Library of Fandom Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:34 pm
The book in Alabsters hand shook until it wrested free of his grip and enlarged momentarily as a young woman stepped out.
Long hair with roughly chopped ends and a rounded pair of glasses were her most recognizable facial features
she wore a white flannel shirt with sleeves covered in ink stains of various colors. A vest of a dark blue color with two vest pockets filled with pens, pencils and a note pad. a dark blue skirt that went down to her ankles showing a pair of worn hiking boots. Most intresting among her atire was a leangth of rope wrapped crossways from one shoulder and a book bag across the other.
"My! what an excelent read!"
she exclaimed as she held her hands in delight looking upwards as the book returned to its previous size.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:07 am
"Yes, it is indeed," came Alabaster Soluna's reply as he caught the book in one hand. "You are aware that we usually charge rent for overnight stays in the library?" He gave the girl an appraising look. "You don't appear to have enough money to afford it. You can pay your stay off by finding a few things for us. Is that acceptable to you, Miss...?"  

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:00 pm
"Minion, Unruly Minion Full time literary enthusiast"
She adjusted her glasses as she looked around the room with the suddenly extended ventilation
"I recall the library being larger..."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
"It was."
Alabaster leaned against the circulation desk.
"The book,Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman was stolen from the library at the time of its destruction. We need you to recover it. It was stolen by a man named Rowen."  

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:27 pm
"May I borrow that Emma Bull novel please?"
Unruly smiled in her best atept at a disarming manner  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:34 pm
"Of course. Here's your library card."
Alabaster handed the book over to the girl with the library card tucked inside like a bookmark.
"Use the card if you have any problems."  

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:54 pm
A massive puff of grey smoke erupted from the ground in front of the library.
Afos stepped out and shouted two words that shattered the air like a thousand gunshots.
The first gave anyone within earshot the distinct impression of destruction and the second, a faceless group for handling thorny problems.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:26 pm
The ground beneath the Librarian's feet shifted, the smooth gray floor rippling as though a pebble had fallen into a quiet pool of water.
There was a sound like something shattering: glass or stone or steel, or maybe even some part of the Universe itself broke into a thousand fragments. Silence descended, and dark clouds swirled in the sky, black and ominous where blue had stretched away just moments before.
Thunder cracked, once, in a sound that cut through the city and the Library's silence.
Eight feet up, arms slightly distanced from his side, black wings stretched to support him, Allen hovered, red eyes glowing like bloody embers, black hair drifting on the dead air.

The clouds vanished. The silence died as though it had never been. The feel of something eerie, something impossibly powerful being unleashed and of the fabric of the universe warping in some slight way snapped into oblivion.
Allen landed in a kneel before his Summoner and Master, black wings sweeping back and folding at his back, head bowed.
"You summoned, Lord?"
There was no mark of his beating at the hands of Afos's double. His wings were rich with feather's blacker than night where they had been stripped and blackened bone. There were no gouges or broken limbs, no marks to suggest he had come to any harm.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:46 pm
"If I hadn't, you wouldn't be here. I'm going to need you to shield me from interference in battle when we go to Rustir. After that, I need you to return and man the library."
Afos frowned.
"And now to summon the others."
He knelt down and pressed his hands to the ground.
"Kanjizai bosatsu gyou-jin han-nya ha sho-ken go on kai ku do issai soku setsu shu watsu gya tei gya tei ha ra gya tei ha ra so gya tei bodhi so wa ka hannya shingyo on ma ni hatsu mei... Nyozeg-amon ichiji haku ga bou sei shuu. Shu on issai tou chi rin ga koui. Jizai kousaku issai nyotou issai seikai.
ELEKA NAHMEN NAHMEN
AH TUM AH TUM ELEKA NAHMEN
ELEKA NAHMEN NAHMEN
AH TUM AH TUM ELEKA NAHMEN

I SUMMON FROM THE DEEPEST DEPTHS THOSE WHO SLAY GODS ON THEIR QUESTS.
SUMMONED FROM THE FARTHEST LANDS I SUMMON THEE.
ANGEL MARK!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:20 pm
"Yes, Lord."
Allen rose, stepping back and to the side, circling to place him on Afos's right, a few yards out of the way. The only reason he called Ansem, or Afos, 'Lord' was because the first time he had been summoned, Ansem had ordered him not to call him 'Master.' The Destroyer had to improvise now. He felt a weight in his pocket, and lifted a hand before remembering what it had to be: Ansem's pipe. He never had given that back...

A roiling gray cloud, pale and slowly expanding to fill the area and blot the world from view boiled up from between Afos's hands.
There was coughing as six people approached from the street side of the Library, and someone male muttered "I hate that name..."
The smoke cleared, revealing the speaker and his companions who had been just dim outlines in the fog. The one to the fore was almost noble in appearance, and though he was neatly dressed with his hair pulled back, it looked as though someone else had told him what to do. There were two other men, one dark and shadowy, the other bright and grinning good naturedly around the stick he held in his teeth (had he a tail it would have wagged enthusiastically), and three women, one beautiful and bubbly and skimpily dressed, one cold and distant, but beautiful with pointed ears and a lace-trimmed skirt, the last was rather scruffy in appearance, scarred and dressed for work with her jacket sleeves rolled up. She flapped a hand in front of her face to clear the smoke.
"We know, Nihilian. We know." It was the scruffy one who spoke, rolling her eyes. "Drop it already."  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:30 pm
"Welcome Angel Mark. Nihilian, Ranpu, Gene, Karma, Mizu, and Anyara. I have summoned you here to assist me in creating a portal to the worlds of Estina."
Afos frowned as he prepared for the immense struggle ahead.

A younger man's head peeked from around the Library Kiosk.

"To Rustir we go."
In a great puff of grey smoke, Afos and the summoned ones departed.
A musical note rang out and the younger man disappeared as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:44 pm
Black feet slowly drifted to the smooth gray floor. Night black wings swept low before folding at the back of the slender, pale skinned 'man.' He tilted his head to clear lurid red eyes of soft spikes of void black hair.
Ansem was not here. Where his Master had gone, the Destroyer didn't know, nor did he go searching, though he likely could have found him. It was part of the summoning... that the summoner couldn't hide... The mortal might gain weeks, or even months, but in the end...

Allen placed a palm on the desk and flipped over, landing neatly and flopping into his chair, his wings unfolding to droop to either side. Much better than the space under the floor.
Especially since there wasn't any anymore.
But my... that had been a fight... He licked his lips, propped his feet on the desk and grinned, leaning back. reclining for once before he found himself something to do.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

ByakoAssailant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:05 am
Byako Random Event!

a book fell out of the sky and landed on allens lap
how to recruit a force of magical librarians in ten easy steps by biggs plotdevice  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:30 pm
Allen didn't even look at the title. He picked it up, and chucked it over his shoulder, listening with great satisfaction as the book fell into the Tenth Sea.
Not that the thing suffered any damage: the whole sea was currently their Library stock, waiting (im)patiently for Ansem to get around to rebuilding the place his other side destroyed.
Besides... He didn't need more people whose slack he'd have to pick up.
Especially since the master would complain if he killed them.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games