Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Memorable Threads
Light One Candle: A Holiday Giveaway -- CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This thread is closed.
Not because I don't want to give stuff away,
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
but because I don't want to be the boss anymore.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
I love you guys,
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
and if I don't see you in TheShrike's giveaway thread,
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'll hunt you down and beat you to death with a shovel.
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
(A vague disclaimer is no one's friend.)
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:13 pm
Thursday, but I'll be offline for it. I was promised sushi. Mmm, sushi!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:43 pm
I do have mythril. It's the skirt I'm wearing. The only thing I have! XDD Unless you mean more? oO Birthday? Does Divash have any birthday wishes?

And I have a question!! I remember you said that you couldn't crossdress but on Purim. Does that extend to your avvie? And does that include pants?  

Ambrai

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:25 pm
Ambrai
I do have mythril. It's the skirt I'm wearing. The only thing I have! XDD Unless you mean more? oO Birthday? Does Divash have any birthday wishes?

And I have a question!! I remember you said that you couldn't crossdress but on Purim. Does that extend to your avvie? And does that include pants?

Actually, I said you could cross-dress on Purim. It's the only time of year in which that's permitted, in fact, except that the commandment isn't actually to avoid cross-dressing. The actual Biblical quote translates to, "A man must not wear that which pertains/belongs to a woman, and a woman must not wear that which pertains/belongs to a man." It doesn't say "no pants for women, no skirts for men." What it indicates is that a man may not borrow a woman's garment from her, and a woman may not borrow a man's garment from him. They didn't have trousers in Biblical times, so how could they be prohibited? Everyone wore robes. So in essence, it's saying, "Wear your own clothes. Men, borrow your dad's robe or your brother's, not your wife's or sister's or mother's," and vice versa for women.

The law does not pertain to avatars at all. Also, this law only applies to Jews; non-Jews are not obligated in this law at all. So wear what you like, and no knowledgeable Jew will look down on you for it, because it's not our business.

I do have birthday wishes. They involve sushi. Mmmm, sushi! smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:58 pm
Divash
Ambrai

Actually, I said you could cross-dress on Purim. It's the only time of year in which that's permitted, in fact, except that the commandment isn't actually to avoid cross-dressing. The actual Biblical quote translates to, "A man must not wear that which pertains/belongs to a woman, and a woman must not wear that which pertains/belongs to a man." It doesn't say "no pants for women, no skirts for men." What it indicates is that a man may not borrow a woman's garment from her, and a woman may not borrow a man's garment from him. They didn't have trousers in Biblical times, so how could they be prohibited? Everyone wore robes. So in essence, it's saying, "Wear your own clothes. Men, borrow your dad's robe or your brother's, not your wife's or sister's or mother's," and vice versa for women.

The law does not pertain to avatars at all. Also, this law only applies to Jews; non-Jews are not obligated in this law at all. So wear what you like, and no knowledgeable Jew will look down on you for it, because it's not our business.

I do have birthday wishes. They involve sushi. Mmmm, sushi! smile

What I said does mean you can crossdress on Purim. I just said it in a funky way. I used 'but' instead of 'except'. I hate it when I become incomprehensible. Sorry about that. I read too many fantasy books. But I've never had sushi...*stares at it warily and edges away*

So it just pertains to borrowing clothes? That's interesting and weird all at the same time. ^^ I love stuff like that.
I would also like to add, because I don't know if anyone knows this, but I made an Author's Corner in the Artist's forum...This is a not-subtle nudge for anyone to write something and put it in there. Please? I need authors! Am I breaking any rules? oO  

Ambrai

TheShrike
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:15 pm
Mmmhmm. I'm sure Missy Miss Miss Divash has a wishlist around here somewhere.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:04 am
Ambrai: Yep, it only pertains to borrowing clothes. At least, depending on the interpretation. I go by a lenient interpretation. As for sushi, if you don't want it, I'll gladly devour your share. I can't get enough of the stuff, myself.

Shrike: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That was such a sweet present. I'm going to wear it as soon as I'm tired of being Wonder Woman!  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TheShrike
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:15 pm
Heh, hope you enjoy it, Divash.

Random memory: My sister LIVED in a Wonder Woman swimsuit for about a year. My mom finally had to throw it away after it got too small, but she still tried to squeeze into it. *snort*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:33 pm
Everyone, have a great weekend!  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ambrai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:41 pm
Divash
Everyone, have a great weekend!

You too! *falls asleep*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:58 pm
ninja  

[boba]bubble-tea

5,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:26 pm
Shrike, I'm right there with your sister. If I'd had a Wonder Woman swimsuit, or Underoos, or anything like that, I'd have worn it until they pried it off my cold, dead body!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:36 pm
*snickers, then winces* Ugh, bad image Divash! Bad image!  

Ambrai

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:23 pm
True, Ambrai. So nobody better try taking my Wonder Woman outfit, even after I'm dead! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:00 pm
That would be a REALLY weird request for a mortician.

"Bury me in my Wonder Woman underoos!"  

TheShrike
Crew

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:17 pm
TheShrike
That would be a REALLY weird request for a mortician.

"Bury me in my Wonder Woman underoos!"

Now that you've said it, it MUST go in my will.  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff