Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:30 am
Menegil
Ok, let us talk about rare events!

I got three Pink boxes in a row, yesterday. About 10 minutes I got the first one, I got another one, and after 20, I had another one again. heart heart heart

*prays to Gil-estel, so that Falathrim has an anger attack*
I got one yesterday. The first one in a long long time sweatdrop . Is it just me or am I less lucky than everyone else?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:32 am
Falathrim
Menegil

I got three Pink boxes in a row, yesterday. About 10 minutes I got the first one, I got another one, and after 20, I had another one again. heart heart heart

stare

I wonder... does it violate my own teachings to burn my own supporters?
He had a fit!! >w<

*looks to the High-Priest as if he was speaking to his father* Pardon be, o High Priest of the Church of Gil-estel! My thoughts were desecrated by Morgoth's evil seed, which I have fed and tended with deceit. Please, punish me, so that I may become worthy again!!  

Menegil
Vice Captain

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:36 am
The Valar did not interfere with Sauron because they realized that the Dominion of Men was approaching, and that Men needed to tackle the problem themselves. Which begs the question of why they interferred during the Elder Days on behalf of the Elves, but I think this time they have an excuse.

Every time the Valar tried to help the Edain, something would go horribly wrong, partly due to their own ignorance of the minds of Men. This in mind, the Valar realized that the only viable solution was to get Men to do it themselves. Sending counsellors was the best possible solution.

SYFFER
It's pointless to list previous events to justify why Saruman should or should not be pardoned. I just thought that since he was not originally evil, he deserved a chance to justify his actions and return to the grace of the Valar.

...what? That makes no sense. Justification of an action in the present is always dervied from the past. That's what justification means, for Eru's sake!

Melkor was originally good. This was the justification used to pardon him once. As a result, things died and pretty things wilted. Why would you knowingly make the same mistake twice?

And stop with the ******** events already.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:37 am
Menegil
Falathrim
Menegil

stare

He had a fit!! >w<

*looks to the High-Priest as if he was speaking to his father* Pardon be, o High Priest of the Church of Gil-estel! My thoughts were desecrated by Morgoth's evil seed, which I have fed and tended with deceit. Please, punish me, so that I may become worthy again!!
What has this Church turned into? Heed my word weary one, stay in your Church and thou shalt suffer and come under the cruel law of thy decietful high priest! Join me and my Lord and thou shalt be saved for all time and be rewarded marily 3nodding  

SYFFER

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:38 am
Falathrim
The Valar did not interfere with Sauron because they realized that the Dominion of Men was approaching, and that Men needed to tackle the problem themselves. Which begs the question of why they interferred during the Elder Days on behalf of the Elves, but I think this time they have an excuse.

Every time the Valar tried to help the Edain, something would go horribly wrong, partly due to their own ignorance of the minds of Men. This in mind, the Valar realized that the only viable solution was to get Men to do it themselves. Sending counsellors was the best possible solution.

SYFFER
It's pointless to list previous events to justify why Saruman should or should not be pardoned. I just thought that since he was not originally evil, he deserved a chance to justify his actions and return to the grace of the Valar.

...what? That makes no sense. Justification of an action in the present is always dervied from the past. That's what justification means, for Eru's sake!

Melkor was originally good. This was the justification used to pardon him once. As a result, things died and pretty things wilted. Why would you knowingly make the same mistake twice?

And stop with the ******** events already.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today stare  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:39 am
Oh boy, not this again. xp

I will not punish thee, for all will sucumb to the lies of the Dark Lord for a time. In the end, so long as you glorify the Saviour, all shall be well for you.

And SYFFER, I thought you followed a Queen who ruled through fear? Your words, not mine.  

Falathrim

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:41 am
SYFFER

Only one side for me to wake up on.

Stop with the off-track insults. They have no place in an intelligent discussion.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:42 am
Falathrim
Oh boy, not this again. xp

I will not punish thee, for all will sucumb to the lies of the Dark Lord for a time. In the end, so long as you glorify the Saviour, all shall be well for you.

And SYFFER, I thought you followed a Queen who ruled through fear? Your words, not mine.
Once again, there was no, nor will ever be, a queen for the exiles. We were about to declare a queen but we never did. Lord Melkor is the one and only lord. I shall bathe in the grace of his majesty with my fellow follwers as you burn in the fires of his Udun with the rest of your foolish folk! 3nodding  

SYFFER

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:43 am
Falathrim
SYFFER

Only one side for me to wake up on.

Stop with the off-track insults. They have no place in an intelligent discussion.
You're just getting a little carried away. An intelligent discussion is also no place for anger. It is however a place for debate, not argument.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:47 am
Anger? Feh. It's not anger. It's being blunt rather than blurring what I want to say behind pretty words that everyone agrees sounds happy.  

Falathrim

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:55 am
SYFFER
Menegil
Falathrim
Menegil

stare

He had a fit!! >w<

What has this Church turned into? Heed my word weary one, stay in your Church and thou shalt suffer and come under the cruel law of thy decietful high priest! Join me and my Lord and thou shalt be saved for all time and be rewarded marily 3nodding

*throws spear*

Hail Earendil, Saviour of ALL!!!! My lord Falathrim, we should start a holy crusade to exterminate all other religions!!!! MMMWAHAhAHAHAAAA!!!!

*fanatically worships a sanctified fake Earendil silmaril*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:22 pm
Exterminate all other religions? Why does this sound so familiar? xp  

SYFFER

Caeleste

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:12 pm
SYFFER
Exterminate all other religions? Why does this sound so familiar? xp

The Crusades, the Middle Ages, the Witch Burnings, G.W Bush?

Stay the hell away from me. I like my ******** religion, 'Kay?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:43 pm
Menegil
SYFFER
Menegil
Falathrim
Menegil

stare

He had a fit!! >w<

*throws spear*

Hail Earendil, Saviour of ALL!!!! My lord Falathrim, we should start a holy crusade to exterminate all other religions!!!! MMMWAHAhAHAHAAAA!!!!

*fanatically worships a sanctified fake Earendil silmaril*

But I like my... erm... lack of any religion. sweatdrop

I am neutral. Neither heathen nor zealot. 3nodding  

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:45 pm
Nimbrethil told me to do it! BLAME HER!

I'll unlock it soon enough, don't worry. razz  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games