Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:47 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
I went to Virginia for vacation and got really bad sunburn... The trip was amazing, though! biggrin It took 9 hours to get there.
My first day I went on a dinner cruise (and I have NEVER BEEN ON A CRUISE SO THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!) But it felt awkward at first because, since I'm transgender I had to room with girls and I kid you not every single girl from the 2 schools that went on this cruise dressed up in pretty dresses with makeup and perfect hair, and there I and all the other guys were in jeans and graphic tee shirts and sandals, and legit all of us were so confused because we were told this was a casual thing. But nonetheless it was a fantastic night with delicious food, dancing, games, and everything went perfect!
When I woke up the next morning there was a wicked thunderstorm that went on for at least 4 hours. After it let up I performed with my marching band in Chrysler Hall:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
From there we went to Virginia Beach and I made a new friend who went on the trip and I had never met beforehand! biggrin Most awkward part of that: weed and confederate flag EVERYTHING!!!!! eek
My third day I performed in the Parade of Nations run by NATO, went to the fair and watched a ton of performances as well as a sort of air show. That night I watched the Virginia International Military Tattoo with my band which had military bands from all over the world perform!
My last day was spent at Six Flags America and I spent time with my new friend, and a long-time friend! I... got more sunburn from this... But we had a ton of fun there and went on the most insane rides we could find just because! biggrin

Dang, you got busy.
By the way, for future reference, casual means dressed up. Least for formal kinds of things, now going out with your friends, casual can be graphic tee.
How was the parade of nations.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 am
delasislas
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
I went to Virginia for vacation and got really bad sunburn... The trip was amazing, though! biggrin It took 9 hours to get there.
My first day I went on a dinner cruise (and I have NEVER BEEN ON A CRUISE SO THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!) But it felt awkward at first because, since I'm transgender I had to room with girls and I kid you not every single girl from the 2 schools that went on this cruise dressed up in pretty dresses with makeup and perfect hair, and there I and all the other guys were in jeans and graphic tee shirts and sandals, and legit all of us were so confused because we were told this was a casual thing. But nonetheless it was a fantastic night with delicious food, dancing, games, and everything went perfect!
When I woke up the next morning there was a wicked thunderstorm that went on for at least 4 hours. After it let up I performed with my marching band in Chrysler Hall:
From there we went to Virginia Beach and I made a new friend who went on the trip and I had never met beforehand! biggrin Most awkward part of that: weed and confederate flag EVERYTHING!!!!! eek
My third day I performed in the Parade of Nations run by NATO, went to the fair and watched a ton of performances as well as a sort of air show. That night I watched the Virginia International Military Tattoo with my band which had military bands from all over the world perform!
My last day was spent at Six Flags America and I spent time with my new friend, and a long-time friend! I... got more sunburn from this... But we had a ton of fun there and went on the most insane rides we could find just because! biggrin

Dang, you got busy.
By the way, for future reference, casual means dressed up. Least for formal kinds of things, now going out with your friends, casual can be graphic tee.

That's such a contradiction wtf??? eek But thank you so much because that will absolutely keep me from future embarrassment lol.

The parade of nations was fantastic!! biggrin I got to see bands from England, Scotland, Turkey, Thailand, France, USA, Czech Republic, Norway, and a few other countries that I can't remember. America at one point played a tribute to Star Trek, and England did the same for James Bond! I still need to upload the videos, though.

Here's a few pics I took.
User ImageUser Image
User Image  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:39 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
delasislas
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Dang, you got busy.

That's such a contradiction wtf??? eek But thank you so much because that will absolutely keep me from future embarrassment lol.

The parade of nations was fantastic!! biggrin I got to see bands from England, Scotland, Turkey, Thailand, France, USA, Czech Republic, Norway, and a few other countries that I can't remember. America at one point played a tribute to Star Trek, and England did the same for James Bond! I still need to upload the videos, though.

Here's a few pics I took.
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Usually casual means casual for the event, so it gets confusing. Not a gala and not a rock show, just gotta gauge it. Also, gets confusing for me when interviewing for jobs, casual is one step up from the job you are going for.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 pm
Camping Field Trip tomorrow, I don't have my gear ready. YAY.

Also just going to plug again, I'm planning on going to the University of Washington's Undergraduate Research Symposium on May 19 to present my poster. It's open to the public. It's going to be at the Seattle campus.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:46 pm
delasislas

Also just going to plug again, I'm planning on going to the University of Washington's Undergraduate Research Symposium on May 19 to present my poster. It's open to the public. It's going to be at the Seattle campus.

If it weren't on the opposite end of the country from me, I'd consider coming by, I like learning. emotion_kirakira
It is, however, on the other end of the country from me. :c
I hope your presentation goes well, though!
I also hope your camping field trip is enjoyable!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:51 pm
delasislas

Have fun on the camping trip!! biggrin I hope the weather is nice the whole time you're out. Where are you going to camp at, and are you planning on hiking anywhere?

I wish I could see you speak... But I'm stuck all the way on the other side of the country (I'm here in boring old New Jersey)... I'm sure you're going to do well, though, and I'm really proud of you that you get to do a speech!  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:41 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
delasislas

Have fun on the camping trip!! biggrin I hope the weather is nice the whole time you're out. Where are you going to camp at, and are you planning on hiking anywhere?

I wish I could see you speak... But I'm stuck all the way on the other side of the country (I'm here in boring old New Jersey)... I'm sure you're going to do well, though, and I'm really proud of you that you get to do a speech!

Stupid east coast.... We were up on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, we went to Lake Quinault, Lake Crescent, and Hurricane Ridge. Going up Hurricane ridge was pretty cool and we saw some new plant species. Also when we went on the eastern side of the peninsula, we did another ecology plot and I chose to do shrubs, which was a really bad idea, saw a lot of species and a lot of new ones. Which is actually okay, just a pain in the but.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:53 pm
I started modding, and I'm working on a cute, short-story questline. Trying to get my NPC to appear on the map was a pain in the a**, but after a couple of days and tons of trial and error, I have him placed in the game in Whiterun up in Dragonsreach. As a player does the quest, though, the final enemy will be a dragon. I decided to do a test run and placed the dragon outside Whiterun to go to it, fight it, and see if it worked. Before I even reached the gates it somehow managed to fly into the city itself and attack the citizens on the inside. That isn't supposed to happen but I guess it works? I'll have to remove him later or I'll be accidentally flaming citizens to their deaths. Damn programming.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:58 pm
delasislas
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
delasislas

Stupid east coast.... We were up on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, we went to Lake Quinault, Lake Crescent, and Hurricane Ridge. Going up Hurricane ridge was pretty cool and we saw some new plant species. Also when we went on the eastern side of the peninsula, we did another ecology plot and I chose to do shrubs, which was a really bad idea, saw a lot of species and a lot of new ones. Which is actually okay, just a pain in the but.

Aww... Sorry to hear it didn't go over well... The east coast doesn't usually have much to do, but at least those sound like interesting places you went to (I kinda want to go see Hurricane Ridge now just because the name sounds badass lol)! I hope the weather wasn't too brutal (I've heard it snows a lot in Washington). What kinds of shrubs did you get to see?  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:43 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
I started modding, and I'm working on a cute, short-story questline. Trying to get my NPC to appear on the map was a pain in the a**, but after a couple of days and tons of trial and error, I have him placed in the game in Whiterun up in Dragonsreach. As a player does the quest, though, the final enemy will be a dragon. I decided to do a test run and placed the dragon outside Whiterun to go to it, fight it, and see if it worked. Before I even reached the gates it somehow managed to fly into the city itself and attack the citizens on the inside. That isn't supposed to happen but I guess it works? I'll have to remove him later or I'll be accidentally flaming citizens to their deaths. Damn programming.

Sounds like a lot of time and patience, props to you!! I had friends that did programming too and I'm pretty sure they could totally relate. Good luck with the rest smile  

-Jacksteer-

Sparkly Fatcat

15,225 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:46 am
Well, had a 3 day camping trip, Went to seattle for a symposium, which went amazingly, and participated in a fish release for the college's hatchery. I have a final to make up and then I start my internship doing stream surveying.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:55 pm
-Jacksteer-
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Sounds like a lot of time and patience, props to you!! I had friends that did programming too and I'm pretty sure they could totally relate. Good luck with the rest smile

Heh it definitely takes a lot of time and patience! xd But it pays off in the end and leaves you with an odd feeling of accomplishment lol. Thanks a ton for the motivation (I'm going to need it)!! And kudos to your friends as well since programming is hard!  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:18 pm
delasislas
Well, had a 3 day camping trip, Went to seattle for a symposium, which went amazingly, and participated in a fish release for the college's hatchery. I have a final to make up and then I start my internship doing stream surveying.

Sounds like you've been busy!
And will continue to be so, from the sounds of it?
Glad to hear everything went well, though~
Hope the final you're making up goes swimmingly, too!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:43 pm
My aquarium will be glowing till 9:50 pm. Happy booty grabbing dramallama  

-Jacksteer-

Sparkly Fatcat

15,225 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:26 pm
Still slowly working on my current character cosplay from "The Witcher" series. One more item to go, then it's onto whatever else is on my list. Hmm...  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games