Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

anonashu

Timid Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:21 am
Queen Spazzy

I'm basically a crazy cat lady, just fewer cats. ^^;
He sounds like a wondermous ball of fur, I'm sorry for the loss!
I've found it hardest to accept the loss with a cat that is indoor/outdoor and just never comes back, I always expect them to still just show up at the door like they were just on an extended adventure or something.
My mum is the sort of person that thinks life is better lived with pets, though, and I seem to have inherited the train of thought, so I've never went a day in my life without a dog or cat (or five).
We've even had a ferret, iguana, and a cockatoo at different points. (Albeit most of those were technically someone else's that we ended up being main caretakers for.)
I had to leave my boys behind for a while when I first moved to the apartment so we could save up for the pet deposit and be sure we could afford the rent increase we'd incur from having pets, and boy was that a miserable time.
It was terribly lonely in the apartment when my beau was at work before we brought our cats up.
Apartment living is probably the only real reason we don't have a dog, too, actually. >>; We have one picked out already, even, my mum has a pupper that's a bit too much of a handful for her situation that my beau adores and would have brought home on the spot after meeting if we could have.
(An Australian shepherd rottweiler mix, he's very pretty, but would never be allowed in an apartment complex in the city due to his breed.)
Oh! That's very kind of you! I've been more busy with Lake Kindred than anything else lately, but if I go through alchemy recipes and find anything I wanna make that calls for fish, I might take you up on the offer!

Its always amazes me when people have more than 2 pets in the house, and you have 4, that must be quite a handful... It must have been really lonely being apart from them even just for a week sad I'm glad you have them with you now smile

When I was younger my family used to live in the province where in its common for every family to have animals, since we have a big backyard, we had pigs, turkeys, chickens, ducks, 2 dogs and a monkey... a fish pond and a lot of veggies (my mom is actually an agriculturist)... XD But somehow my brother got sick and there is no good hospital around so we had to move into the city and so no more animals for us, other than some occasional pets(a dog or a cat). Right now we have a jack russell, shes pretty ferocious so no more other pets at the moment XD

Just pm me about the fishes, and I'll send you a trade as soon as I see it smile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:23 am
I got something from an anonymous benefactor too! Thanks a lot for the gift anon! ninja wink  

anonashu

Timid Loiterer

anonashu

Timid Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:32 am
Esme Marie Cullen
Ello[/quote

Hi!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:58 am
Oh my goodness, anon, thank youuuuu.
The items you sent me are two I've been watching for a while to buy myself, you are an absolute angel. ;w;
And while this isn't really how cat tax works, I can provide for you. cat_wink
User Image
I don't normally upload photos of my boys, so I have more than a few that have been seen by no one other than family. >>;
They like to cuddle together, they're laying on top of my apartment's AC/heating unit here, it's one of their favorite places since I keep the blinds pulled up and the sun shines through and they can watch birds and squirrels, it's like television for cats.
This isn't a futzy tiny unit, either, it's almost the whole width of my two windows, my cats are moosebutts. >>;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:37 pm
anonashu
Its always amazes me when people have more than 2 pets in the house, and you have 4, that must be quite a handful... It must have been really lonely being apart from them even just for a week sad I'm glad you have them with you now smile

When I was younger my family used to live in the province where in its common for every family to have animals, since we have a big backyard, we had pigs, turkeys, chickens, ducks, 2 dogs and a monkey... a fish pond and a lot of veggies (my mom is actually an agriculturist)... XD But somehow my brother got sick and there is no good hospital around so we had to move into the city and so no more animals for us, other than some occasional pets(a dog or a cat). Right now we have a jack russell, shes pretty ferocious so no more other pets at the moment XD

Just pm me about the fishes, and I'll send you a trade as soon as I see it smile

Heh, yeah, I've usually lived with lots of animals, but used to have more space than my tiny studio flat provides right now, too.
Before my beau and I moved out of our parents' houses, we had way more pets than just the two boys that are with us right now.
My mum and I had three or four dogs in the house (three had been the norm for a long while, but we took a bloodhound from a friend for a time to keep her out of the pound, though she ended up being a 'one pet household' kind of dog and we had to put her up for adoption despite all our effort trying to make it work) and I had a rescued tuxedo tom named Frankie almost the whole time we lived in our trailer, one of my blondies was with us for a while, Neko, uncle to the boys in my apartment, but he couldn't stand being an inside cat and away from his family, so my beau's parents took him back for me (he's a perfect angel for them).
At my beau's house, now that's a household of animals, right now they have two cockatiels (had five at one time, but the oldest of them have passed now), three goats (they had seven at one point), four dogs (eight was the highest count since I've known them), and seven cats (they had about a dozen when I first met my beau), they had a chinchilla for a while, too, but he broke a tooth and didn't live long afterward. :c
They have lots of space, though, a decent chunk of land and a big house, all but two of the cats are indoor/outdoor. I housesit that gang of animals whenever they go out of town. Never a dull moment there.
Oh goodness, that sounds like my uncle's home! He has three kids, all of them big into 4H, and they raise all sorts of animals (my uncle has some health issues, too, and raises some of them for his own meat, but some of them they sell). When I visited last they had half a dozen turkeys, a gaggle of hens, a couple of roosters, a bunch of chicks (that the kids are raising for show), a couple guinea hens, and four rabbits. They've also raised hogs and a couple goats before. They've got a big garden in their backyard, which was producing zucchini, squash, cucumbers, and tomatoes faster than they could use them while I was there, and I think they had some potatoes in the ground, too. He's pretty much a regular farmer Brown.
When my beau and I get our own home, we're hoping to be able to grow some of our own stuff, maybe have a little window garden or something for fresh herbs, at the least.
I know how it goes moving from somewhere more rural to a city, though, that's why our pet counts got a serious downgrade, we just don't have the space for anything other than cats right now, and there are stories about police and dogs that make me nervous about owning a pupper, even if I'm on the good side of town and in the 'burbs. (Although I'll admit the being closer to things is rather nice.)
Ohh, a jack russell, they're so adorable, I love them! I'm not generally much of a small dog person, but I don't know how anyone can resist the charm of a jack russell. My grampa has one, and that dog is the biggest showoff for anyone that visits, oh goodness, he's just such a bundle of joyous energy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:44 pm
Queen Spazzy
Oh my goodness, anon, thank youuuuu.
The items you sent me are two I've been watching for a while to buy myself, you are an absolute angel. ;w;
And while this isn't really how cat tax works, I can provide for you. cat_wink
User Image
I don't normally upload photos of my boys, so I have more than a few that have been seen by no one other than family. >>;
They like to cuddle together, they're laying on top of my apartment's AC/heating unit here, it's one of their favorite places since I keep the blinds pulled up and the sun shines through and they can watch birds and squirrels, it's like television for cats.
This isn't a futzy tiny unit, either, it's almost the whole width of my two windows, my cats are moosebutts. >>;

That is so seriously adorable. Those two seem like good friends. You showed me another picture of them sleeping on each other.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:32 pm
A note to the anonymous person who gifted me three times yesterday.... Thank you very much, whoever you are! I appreciate your generosity. (Wasn't sure where to write this, but oh well.) ^_^*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:27 am
So, we're in the partial solar eclipse. I go to my cousin and ask if she wants to watch it and she says yes, so I help her make a pinhole camera and I explain what is going on,she holds it up and says that she doesn't get it, all there is is a bright dot, so I tell her to wait and see and slowly a black dot come and block out the light.

The look on her face was priceless...

I feel sorry that I didn't explain enough about how it was a partial eclipse and how there wouldn't be many interesting things.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:46 am
delasislas
So, we're in the partial solar eclipse. I go to my cousin and ask if she wants to watch it and she says yes, so I help her make a pinhole camera and I explain what is going on,she holds it up and says that she doesn't get it, all there is is a bright dot, so I tell her to wait and see and slowly a black dot come and block out the light.

I feel sorry that I didn't explain enough about how it was a partial eclipse and how there wouldn't be many interesting things.

I'm around the 85-80% coverage range, but I've still got near an hour before it comes to me.
It's cloudy right now, though, and I'm not sure if they'll blow over before then or not. ;w;
(I also don't know how to view it indirectly, and I can't just go staring at the sun anyway... =w=; )
I'm watching NASA's live coverage right now, though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:06 am
Queen Spazzy
delasislas

I'm around the 85-80% coverage range, but I've still got near an hour before it comes to me.
It's cloudy right now, though, and I'm not sure if they'll blow over before then or not. ;w;
(I also don't know how to view it indirectly, and I can't just go staring at the sun anyway... =w=; )
I'm watching NASA's live coverage right now, though.

Here's a youtube link
https://youtu.be/vWMf5rYDgpc
all you need is a box, aluminum foil, tape, and a pin.
you can also just wait and watch it get super dark.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:20 am
delasislas
Here's a youtube link
https://youtu.be/vWMf5rYDgpc
all you need is a box, aluminum foil, tape, and a pin.
you can also just wait and watch it get super dark.

Ohhh, thank you thank you!
If the cloud coverage weren't so bad, I'd go pull my cereal from the box and use it, haha~
I just checked my weather via the NWS, and while it was supposed to be mostly clear today according to the forecast yesterday and the day before, it's calling for storms here shortly now. ;w;
So I suppose I'll just keep watching the NASA coverage since I can't see anything outside.
I'm suuuuper looking forward to the full GOES-16 animation NOAA is supposed to release this afternoon around 3:30 or so of the lunar shadow moving across the US.
I'm a bit of a science nerd, but my bestie must be beside herself right now, she'd only need to travel an hour or so to get to the path of totality (unlike me, two and a half friggin' hours away at least from a good viewing point in Kentucky), and she's huge on astrophysics and everything space.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:16 pm
I went with my family to Andrews, North Carolina, to view the eclipse in totality for over 2 minutes. Holy s**t that was an experience like no other!!!!!!! eek It was so beautiful, and we bought shirts, people ran out of food it was so busy, and so much more. I took lots of pics as did my little brother. There were at least 50 people camping out on roads and mountains on the way to see this event, and even a few people who brought bbqs and cook for others as they waited for the eclipse. And after the eclipse ended and my family headed home, all the traffic we avoided on the way up came back to bite us in the a** by making us spend 3+ hours getting home... sweatdrop  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:18 pm
I had very little wifi over the past few days to say it, but THANKS ANON WHO SENT ME THE ITEMS!!!!! HOLY s**t I'VE BEEN WANTING THAT STUFF FOR aGES YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:38 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
I went with my family to Andrews, North Carolina, to view the eclipse in totality for over 2 minutes. Holy s**t that was an experience like no other!!!!!!! eek It was so beautiful, and we bought shirts, people ran out of food it was so busy, and so much more. I took lots of pics as did my little brother. There were at least 50 people camping out on roads and mountains on the way to see this event, and even a few people who brought bbqs and cook for others as they waited for the eclipse. And after the eclipse ended and my family headed home, all the traffic we avoided on the way up came back to bite us in the a** by making us spend 3+ hours getting home... sweatdrop

We saw partial here, just sat on my deck to watch. couldn't afford to go to view the totality and I didn't really want to go down the coast again so soon. Don't you just love traffic after a big event?  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:51 pm
poster presentation on the stream survey project that I was working on went pretty well. The department of fish and wildlife guy that was talking was pretty cool and made me interested in applying for a position.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games